WOOD FLOORS & MORE

Founded 1989 • With Angi since August 2010

2801 NEWBY RD SW F

Huntsville, AL 35805

Retail floor covering specializing in hardwood flooring and installation and also ceramic tile and carpet...

04/26/2019

Andrea P.

I am glad to have found a local flooring company to replace flooring in my home. The hardwood floors are beautiful. They helped me with selecting a nice carpet, along with a good carpet pad that feels wonderful. I also requested a particular flooring for the bathrooms, and they confirmed they could order/install it. They provided the job estimate quickly, and coordinated a schedule that worked well with ours. Not long after hardwood install, I damaged some of the hardwood. I requested a repair (they let me know it was additional charge) and they came and removed a board and replaced it. It looks great. Am pleased with their customer focus and addressing any questions/concerns. I really love an idea they suggested for the stairs. It really improved the overall foyer appearance! Very happy with all of the flooring.

Description of Work
Hardwood , luxart Hardwood, luxury vinyl, and carpet installation

08/23/2017

Celia S.

They gave us a good price and good work. There were 4 different people over 3-4 days. One of the 4 was the owner, he didn't really work but he did oversee then and make sure they did a good job. He was only out one day. Two guys were here for the full time and there was one other person that was here one day. They cleaned up for what they did. The only thing they didn't do was paint shoe molding which was not in the agreement anyway.

Description of Work
Installed flooring.

04/28/2017

John W H.

03/14/2015

Robert S.

The ladies at the store were very helpful and patient, as my wife and I spent several weeks deciding on what type of hardwood flooring we wanted. We took numerous samples home with us, returned them, took more home, returned them, etc. The ladies never got impatient with us, and I imagine this type of vacillation by customers is common for them. In the end we finally did decide what we wanted. We paid half of the price for installation and materials to order the flooring, and the remainder when the job was complete. The crew arrived as schedule each day and worked steadily. They were very professional, personable, and courteous. The quality of their installation was excellent, and my wife and I were very satisfied with the end result.

Description of Work
Provided and installed prefinished white oak hardwood flooring. Existing carpet, pad, and all staples were removed by owner. Furniture was also moved by owner.

01/28/2015

William C.

Category carpet installation, hardwood floor

12/29/2014

Lillian S.

We have used them 3 times over the past 20 years. The experience with them was excellent. Their prices were competitive. The experience was very good, I couldn't have asked for better. They had kept the records from the previous times, and looked up the old records, and went from there.

Description of Work
I used Wood Floors & More. They put in floors in a 6000sq foot house.

12/16/2014

Claiborne Lee M.

Installers were great. Wood delivered was two different colors. No promise that new delivery of wood would be any different. I agreed to allow darker color in three rooms and lighter color in two back bedrooms to allow for installation before Thanksgiving. Thresholds were even darker. Had to have three trips to get thresholds and trim around fireplace to satisfaction.

Description of Work
Installed pre finished hardwood flooring

08/05/2014

Denise H.

When they brought the wood in the house, they had to let it set for 3-4 days to let it get used to the weather. They were very professional during installation. They sanded it down well and I have had no issues with the wood. They are a little more expensive but they have better quality. I have been very pleased with their service and I plan on using them again.

Description of Work
They put in wood floors in three rooms in my home.

11/23/2013

Donald B.

The work started on November 21. The 3 man crew arrived about 8:30 AM and commenced work. We had everything cleared out and the carpet and vinyl already removed. The crew worked as a well coordinated team with obvious pride in their workmenship. The edges of the wood were so close to the sheetrock that you could almost forget about installing quarterround.The crew worked until about 4:15 PM. On November 22 there was one substitution in the 3 man crew but everything continued to run smoothly. The hours were the same as the first day. On November 23 there was a 3 man crew with one of the people from the prior 2 days not present. The work again progressed very smoothly and the work was completed by about Noon. After a close examination of the floor, there were 2 boards with small imperfections on the end. These pieces were promptly removed after they were pointed out and there is no hint that the boards were replaced. The crew was very courteous and professional. We would gladly return to and quot;Wood Floors and Moreand quot; for additional work.

Description of Work
Wood Floors & More set up an appointment to come to our home with samples to help in our selection of hardwood flooring to match existing hardwood installed in the house 23 years ago. The representative was on time and offered helpful suggestions toward matching the hardwood and getting a Bruce Flooring that had square edges rather than beveled edges. The representative measured the rooms and did a detailed drawing along with calculating the square footage for the applicable rooms. A detailed cost estimate was provided within a couple of days. We signed a contract and paid half down with a projected start date of November 21, 2013.

05/30/2013

Melinda D.

We couldn't be happier with the service we received from Wood Floors and More. They were efficient, courteous, and installed the flooring on schedule. Shannon and the whole team made the experience a breeze!

Description of Work
Wood Floors and More removed carpet and installed hardwood in our home.

04/22/2013

Wood D.

Very well.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor installed in master bedroom.

04/11/2013

Ann S.

This was part of an extensive remodel. The flooring was installed several weeks ago but because of all the traffic over the floor, it was not sanded and sealed until all the construction traffic was over. They returned to sand and apply one coat of polyurethane the first day and then two more coats the following day and a final coat on the third day. We decided to use the water based product because we don't wanted the most natural color that we could get with the least yellow/amber appearance, and it turned out beautifully. We have used this process in another house 10 years ago and it still has not yellowed at all.

Description of Work
Planet Hardwood did a fine job installing new oak flooring in a 1960's home. They did a great job installing, sanding, and finishing. They were extremely flexible since the remodeling contractor had several other types of work going on and the flooring work kept getting rescheduled. We highly recommend their work.

12/03/2012

kathy N.

This company was the original contractor for tile work in 2007. I contacted them to discuss cracked grout in master shower. They suggested caulk instead of re-grouting so I purchased a tube from them to correct the issues (I thought). Several months later, an engineer, who went in the crawl space for a different reason, wrote me, “I’m afraid you have a shower pan (liner) leak…I recommend that you contact the original tile contractor who installed the liner/tile because this leak or shower pan liner failure has developed too soon and should be covered under a workmanship warranty.” I, again, contacted Wood Floors and More, and the owner and a second person came out to inspect the shower. They did not go in the crawl space, but saw pictures the engineer had taken. They felt it was a plumbing problem. They came out a second time, with one of their installers, and again said it was a plumbing leak. They offered to “help” out, but it wasn’t under warranty, as I was not the original owner. They would provide materials and would charge $500 to fix it if it was the pan. If it turned out to be a plumbing leak, they would charge double. A plumber and another tile company inspected both inside and out, and both felt it was a pan leak, but could only prove it when tile was removed. I chose the second tile company as I had doubts about the original installation, but was given the tile/grout from Wood Floors and more. (Some of the tile they gave me didn’t match, but the installer was able to design around this). Installer discovered short cuts/code violations in the original installation: Liner was placed directly on top of a nail heads (the plumbing subcontractor used nails to hold in the drain); liner was too short to come up the walls 6 inches or cover the door curb; liner was piece together over the curb; no sloped bed; wrong bonding material on 2 walls and curb; wall was tiled before floor, meaning they stepped on liner while tiling. I brought these workmanship defects to the attention of Wood Floor and More, with photos and code requirements, but they continue to defend the work. They felt giving me the material plus $300, (which took many phone calls and several months to receive), for an approximate total of $500 was the best they could do. (Total repair cost me$1200.) While I was grateful they gave me the material, I would never use their installers, as installation wasn’t up to code. Even when I showed them evidence that the install was bad from day one, they would not stand behind their work.

Description of Work
Company was the original subcontractor of a 5-year-old home we purchased in 2011. When an engineer had to go in our crawlspace, he noticed the stained subflooring directly under the shower, and thought it indicated a leak in the shower liner pan, which he thought should be covered under workmanship warranty.

Category ceramic tile

Wood Floors and More takes great pride in the quality of our work and reputation which is why we worked so hard to help you. Though we have not done work for you personally,we provided some material and labor to make the whole process a little less painful. We take our customer service very seriously, and very sorry you had to have a repair to your home.

03/06/2012

Trudie F G.

I was very pleased but they were a little bit higher. The price was competitive; it was not ridiculous. They did a great job and cleaned up behind themselves. The workers couldn't have been better. They were very professional. I would absolutely use them again and I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
I used Wood Floors & More for hardwood flooring.

02/23/2012

Jim H.

They did a great job and I would highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
This company installed hardwood flooring in my home.

12/01/2011

Dustin S.

They were a tremendous amount of help from the moment we entered the showroom. They gave us many options and took a lot of time helping us decide what was right for us. In the end, we came out with a set of good choices at a fair price. The installation was done on time and the quality of the install was excellent.

Description of Work
Installed hardwood floors and carpet throughout our 2nd and 3rd floors. Product was sold at a fair price and the service was excellent.

04/06/2011

Jack P.

The cost estimate process was very cordial and efficient and unhurried. Many samples were brought to our home to match existing wood flooring. The installation was just like you would see on HGTV. Very thorough, very clean, very courteous and very knowledgeable. One of the workers even went to Lowe's for some luan for our refrigerator to protect the new floor. One of the workers is so proud of his work that he actually signs the subfloor in several places and signs the back of several pieces of the new flooring. Look no farther. Go straight to Wood Floors and More for your flooring needs.

Description of Work
Installed new prefinished Bruce hardwood flooring in our kitchen and den.

New Era Contracting

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dream home remodeling project to reality! Our team has quality experience in a diversity of trades. This gives us the ability to handle all your home improvement needs from hardwood floors, to tile kitchens/bathrooms, including any other expansion or renovation projects you may need without the need for subcontractors. Our company is locally owned and is comprised of qualified tradesman that have all had a background check, and our workforce is comprised mostly of veterans. All our tradesman will treat you and your family's home with the utmost professionalism. Everyone we employ speaks English, and you will have no problem communicating your desires for your project, from the top down. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Floor Max

FloorMax offers hardwood floor installation, sanding, staining, and finishing. We are Bona Certified Craftsman and professional results are guaranteed. All work is dust free and we use only the best products. We also offer concrete finishing and are EliteCrete certified.

SLATEN'S FLOORING & HOME REPAIR

With over 10 years of experience in the flooring industry, we are the experts you need to take care of your home or business. We provide superb hardwood refinishing, sanding, and installation services for home repair, renovation, and improvement projects. We also do installation work for laminate, custom staircases, luxurious vinyl tiles, and pre-finish hardwood, and will meet your individual requirements with the results we achieve. Do not hesitate to contact us! . We will treat your home as we would treat our own. Give Slaten's Flooring & Home Repair a call today, we look forward to working with you!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Sales and installation of hardwood carpet and ceramic tile. We also offer custom sand and finish hardwood floors