Don Kennedy & Sons Structural Solutions

Founded 1945 • With Angi since March 2011

4.3

At Don Kennedy and Sons our mission is to provide safe, effective, and professional residential and commercial property moving solutions, together with the services that are needed to keep the base of the building safe, dry, and secure. Whether this means installing special systems to keep moisture out, or adding pier supports to ensure structural integrity of a building or home - we can help. Our services include: -house moving -foundation settlement repair -waterproofing systems -crawl space encapsulation -rainwater harvesting systems Our professional approach includes: Arriving on time and prepared for appointments Showing up in a clearly marked vehicle so that you know who we are Being respectful of your property and personal belongings Providing effective, lasting solutions to problems Addressing the root cause of issues, and not applying "band-aids" Providing personalized, one-on-one attention for each project...

The Rock Foundation Repair

The Rock Foundation Repair gives clients a wide scope of alternatives important to balance out or fix foundational issues. From the principal telephone call until the last investigation on a finished activity, The Rock Foundation Repair experts promise to give the most remarkable help accessible in the business today. With more than twenty years experience in the construction industry, we understand what it means to offer customers a solid item, redid arrangements, and remarkable help. A "Guarantee to Excellence" in view of severe quality control methodology is fused into all parts of the everyday tasks. This soul of eagerness and responsibility from our faculty is the establishment whereupon The Rock Foundation Repair has been manufactured. This responsibility has earned The Rock Foundation Repair is a huge number of fulfilled clients who comprehend the advantages of working with a quality assistance organization. Our assessing staff is prepared not exclusively to perceive an issue, yet additionally to offer a suitable answer for your establishment need.

Offers by The Rock Foundation Repair on Angi
AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialists

AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialist, founded in 2000, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They currently maintain offices in Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, and Mississippi. AFS is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes or commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

Offers by AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialists on Angi
Southern Concrete Finish

Please give me a call for all your concrete needs we do stamped concrete, fix crack concrete, driveways, sidewalks, slabs, pool decks, car ports, you name it we do it, call me for a free estimate. Thank You

10/29/2020

Although I did not purchase the Duralook material for my patio, I might for my pool area later. I was impressed with their professionalism, they were on time for three meetings and had a state of the art mobile computer system to show work for the bid. As a female client, I was treated very respectfully and and business like. I recommend them for anyone who needs their type service and special typ...

Description of Work
Estimate for patio crack repair and Duralook cover material

Category concrete repair,mudjacking,foundation repair

Thank you [Member Name Removed] Ridley for your response! DuraLook is an awesome product and we are blessed to be the Alabama distributor! This product is reliable enough to be used on commercial applications (Such as 8 of the 10 top Las Vegas resorts) but pretty enough to be used indoors (such as the Colts locker rooms). Please let us know when we can serve your needs!

02/26/2019

Grant came out and entered the crawl space and inspected it also took pictures , he advised me the crawl space had no problems.

Description of Work
Needed someone to inspect crawl space and evaluate if repairs needed

Category home inspection,foundation repair

07/05/2018

Jeff Kennedy came out to the house on a Saturday to look at the sagging lintel over my double car garage door. He recommended their new patented Lintel Lift system which was a much more affordable solution than traditional lintel repair. His crew showed up on time and worked a solid 12 hours to install the lift system and to frame up both garage doors so that they matched. Very professional and a ...

Description of Work
Lintel Lift Repair

Category structural engineer

10/05/2017

Don't use this company, especially if you are a woman. They will take your money, treat you with disrespect, not do the work and use their attorney and the court system to jerk you around as long as they can.

Description of Work
I paid a deposit for Kennedy & Sons to replace a sill plate and install piers in an old house but they no-showed on the appointment. After dealing with rude, incompetent office staff and waiting for them to show up for a whole day, then waiting another week to hear from them about a path ahead, I decided this was not a company I could trust. Since they breached their contract which required specifically an agreed upon date for service,I asked for my deposit back and they just went silent. After trying to contact them without success to return my deposit, I filed a motion in small claims court and waited months for the court date. They didn't bother to show up for that either, so I was awarded a judgment in my favor, but 1 day before I could move forward to collect, Kennedy's attorney filed an appeal so it was moved to Circuit court. Months pass to get to the court date, and neither Kennedy nor their attorney showed up, so the Circuit Court judge throws out their appeal and reinstates the judgment from the small claims court. I have now wasted a year and a half with this awful company and still don't have my deposit back, literally thousands of dollars they have kept without cause. Now I'm working through the garnishment process because apparently even a judgment isn't enough to get Kennedy and Sons to do the right thing.

Category foundation repair

I am sorry for the bad feelings and i assure you this is not how we operate or how we encourage our team members to operate. We come to work each day with a feeling blessed to share our experience and expertise as we have for 75 years with the only goal of a great reputation to our family name. My Mom instilled this in me and my Father still lives it by example to this day. While we are not perfec...

08/12/2017

I am pretty easy to please. I have very rarely if ever left a negative review on products or services but I am very displeased with the work quality of this $15,000 project and the responsiveness of the company. The project was "completed" 11 months ago, but I have been unable to get the company to finish or to honor their warranty. First, the positive...the crew worked hard. The job was bigger th...

Description of Work
Foundation repair due to settling; repair of a raised concrete patio that had cracked and settled, leveling of uneven floors.

Category foundation repair

08/10/2017

Took them several weeks to get us scheduled then the weather delayed that. Due to mechanical issues it took a little longer than planned to complete the job. Overall I would recommend them. Price is very good and they know their work.

Description of Work
Back patio needed to be lifted as it was sinking close to the house.

Category mudjacking contractor

06/26/2017

This was a huge job and they took their time to do it correctly and avoid further damage to our structure. The team was friendly, polite, and professional. They cleaned up after the completion of the work. If we were concerned at any step along the way, the team lead took the time to explain what was going on or to make adjustments as necessary.

Description of Work
We needed them to replace the supports and footers for a dining room built out over the basement level that was settling and causing cracks around the large plate glass windows.

Category concrete repair contractor","structural engineer","mudjacking contractor","foundation repair contractor

12/30/2016

Tony was referred to me by my real estate agent and he was absolutely fantastic. Tony came right on time when he said he would be there and his communications were prompt and professional. It was a pleasure to work with Tony during the proposal phase and the work itself. He is technically knowledgeable and dependable. I highly recommend him! He is the reason I contracted with Don Kennedy & Sons. The foundation support piers did exactly what they were supposed to do. The stair step cracks in the brick closed right up as we had hoped. There was a little more impact to the yard and soil than I had expected, but not a major issue. The Stable Lift Piers and 2x8 girders also did their job. They are not as elaborate of a solution as the adjustable “Smart Jacks” on top of poured concrete pads from AFS, but they do work and they are a little less expensive. I recommend that consumers understand what they are purchasing on major repairs like this and get someone to help if they don’t. I did an internship with a home inspector, and I have structural improvements at my main residence, so I was able to spot some minor issues which Tony readily and proactively agreed to correct once I explained them on the phone. The laborers came right over, understood my concerns, and fixed them right away. Some additional materials were added at no expense/no questions. I think if Tony had been available to inspect before I did he would have corrected these on his own. My own inspection was prematurely hurried by the office manager – see below. Administratively this business has some improvements to make. At 2:00 on Friday I was called by the administrative assistant that my work was complete and asking for immediate payment. I kindly asked for a chance to see the work first over the weekend and that I would pay on my way to work first thing Monday morning. I was told that they would have to ask the office mgr. This made sense and I agreed. Surprisingly, Jordan called me back promptly explaining that this was not acceptable per her manager and that I needed to leave my own job and arrange for payment with Jordan ASAP. I immediately left a voice mail for Tony. Thankfully he straightened it all out. I was never given an apology by the office manager. So, I ran over first thing Saturday morning and observed the minor corrections needed to be made. The office mgr’s insistence on paying right after they were done seemed underhanded (and downright strange too), but Tony made it all right. The office manager needs to get better at being reasonable conducting business, treating people respectfully, and resolving business issues firsthand. The administrative assistant Jordan worked very hard to provide great, positive customer service. I remained with the laborers on Saturday to make sure everything was fixed to spec, and it was. The laborers worked hard and were very friendly. I’d recommend to Don Kennedy and to their customers that a 7-10 business day payment period be part of the contract to allow the customer time to inspect themselves, Tony to inspect, and/or get a buddy to inspect after completion of the work. This will also take a lot of stress off the front office and the customer. I’ve contracted lots of work over the years and I’ve never been pressed for payment so urgently – despite a 50% down payment. In summary I do recommend Don Kennedy & Sons for structural repairs, especially if you go through Tony.

Description of Work
Don Kennedy and Sons just completed major structural repairs on a home in preparation for a home’s appraisal and inspection for closing. The work involved Foundation Support Piers under brick footings to fix cracks in brick veneer and Stable Lift Piers with 2x8 girders in the crawlspace to fix sagging floors.

Category structural engineer","foundation repair contractor

12/21/2016

Called Tony at Kennedy's and agreed on a time for him to examine the cracks. He came out and formed his opinion, gave me facts about slab foundations and we discussed what work needed to be done and rough cost figures. Later, I pulled up the carpet inside to examine the top of the slab and found no hint of cracks. The mortar between the "L" shaped blocks on the outer perimeter of the slab had deteriorated and disappeared. I phoned Tony and discussed repairs if the slab was not cracked and if the foundation had not dropped out from under the house. He informed me that he had epoxy sealers that are not available in local stores that would cement the concrete blocks together. The work needed to be done in temperatures above 40 degrees. I hinted that I might seal it myself. Tony called me back the next week and asked if I was going to do the work my self or if I wanted them to seal it. the temperature was 56 degrees. He quoted a price and I told him I wanted him to do it. Two guys came out and examined the job and began putting sealer from the inside. After sealing the outside, he returned to the inside and applied more sealer. He informed me it would cure in 2 hours and be ready to reset the carpet inside. Tony came out and inspected the finished job and I paid him.

Description of Work
I discovered 1/4" cracks in my slab foundation for my house. I wasn't sure how far the cracks went through the foundation. Checked Angieslist for reviews and found Kennedy and a phone number.

Category foundation repair contractor

07/06/2015

Before making some flooring improvements to my house, I contacted Don Kennedy and Sons Structural Solutions to take a look at our foundation. They were able to send someone out very quickly. He told us that our foundation was in good shape and did not need any improvements. He provided us with details that led to his conclusion that the house was well built. I appreciate that he did not try to sell us on something that we did not need. Our experience with this company was very positive and while we didn't have any work performed, I recommend them for an estimate or evaluation of your structure.

Description of Work
Evaluated our house's foundation for moisture and/or any repairs that may be needed.

Category foundation repair contractor

Structural Moving, House Moving, Home Repair, Foundation Settlement Repair, Basement Waterproofing, Concrete Raising, Crawl Space Repair, Crawl Space Encapsulation, Mold Remediation, Harvesting Rainwater

Moving household contents from one house to another, mobile home relocation, equipment rental.

MasterCard, American Express, Check, Financing Available