Woodall Heating and Cooling Enterprise

Founded 1978 • With Angi since August 2010

713 Glover Ave

Enterprise, AL 36330

Locally & family owned. Additional email - woodallhc@aol.com. Additional address - PO Box 311373, Enterprise, AL, 36331. Additional DBA - Woodall Heating & Cooling Inc....

08/08/2020

Vincent F.

Woodall Heating and Cooling assisted during my house closing by inspecting my unit and replacing a start capacitor. After the work was completed and sale completed, the run capacitor failed. After originally paying for the original inspection and service, they returned promptly to diagnose the issue and provided a temporary window unit to assist cooling the house. As they previously provided a service and inspection, they provided this service free of charge while I worked with my warranty company. This is a sign of a company that understands business and consumer relationships past making a profit off of every interaction. Instead they invested in the relationship with a person which will trickle through the community and assist their business in the long term.

Description of Work
HVAC Service followed by Replacement

11/26/2016

Don H.

I received a Due now statement for $94.00 from having my heat pump that was install by same company checked out. Service tech checked a few things within 15 minutes. As a result he tells me that my filter was causing the problem. He said that a cheaper filter would've been better and I said I would change the filter out myself. He left . I received the billing statement after 12 days stating two charges. One charge "Removed dirty pleated filter that was restricting air flow. He is getting a new one. System is operating properly." This charge was for $69.00. There was a another charge call "Total Other Charges", $25.00 No other explanation was provided. I called the company asking for an explanation for the $25 dollar charge. I was told that this charge was for removing the filter. My furnace filter is located in an easy to get to location in my Master Bed room. It requires a person to bend over at the waist and finger push to small latches and then letting the furnace filter door fall open. Then grab the filter and pull it out. I reinstalled the filter myself by revering the above steps. I explained that I felt that the charge was excessive. I was told that the normal charge for coming out would have been $90 anyway. I replied that the invoice does not reflex what he is saying. The invoice indicated that the work done was for $69. And that I was charged $25 for a 2 minute at most filter inspection. I was told that I would be given a 4 dollar break on cost and that was all they would do. I explained that I think this is excessive and that I would not purchase any more units from them.

Description of Work
Heat pump checked out due to excessive run time

03/11/2016

DEBRA K.

They installed two separate mini split air conditioners in October and we only ran them a couple of days before cool weather set in. We immediately had problems in the spring and they came out for no charge to fix errors due to freon leaks, which was good. We had one summer with the other unit and it started spitting out ice. They came out and didn't fix it, but charged us $120... They said it needed a new part. ?t was under warranty and they ended up replacing the whole unit. That was an additional $312 for that for labor. My issue is the $120 for not fixing anything on the first service call.

Description of Work
Installed mini split air conditioner

11/17/2015

David S.

Contacted contractor and was able to have a sales rep come out and perform an estimate that same day. Once we agreed on the type and efficiency of the replacement system, Woodall ordered the system that day and all work was completed two days later. All debris was cleaned up and hauled away. Contractor explained operation of the new system, demonstrated use of the thermostat and registered our new 15.5 SEER heat pump system with Lennox for us. Approximate square footage of our house is 2627 sq ft. System replaced was 17 years old. I am very satisfied and extremely pleased with the quietness of the new system.

Description of Work
Removed existing 17 year old Heat pump and exchanger and replaced with a new Heat pump system. Performed whole house duct cleaning.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

05/30/2015

Patrick W.

RUN AWAY!!!!! PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL - TRIED TO CHARGE ME 3 TIMES WHAT ANOTHER AC COMPANY IN TOWN CHARGED FOR SAME WORK - THEN SENT ME A BILL FOR $100 FOR STOPPING BY - NEVER TELLING ME THIS WOULD BE CHARGED - THEN SENT A LETTER THREATENING TO SUE ME - NEVER USE THESE PEOPLE - THEY DO NOT DO BUSINESS THE RIGHT WAY

02/18/2015

Pamela D.

Went well. Derrick is the best employee. He is kind courteous and extremely professional.

Description of Work
Cleaning and service of unit to include uv lights and nice thick filter cleaning of hose and all parts checked. I have a highly effective unit that kills and traps all allergens because of my Severe Allergies and Asthma

10/24/2014

Dorothy W.

They came pretty quick and they did a good job. I thought it was a little bit pricey.

Description of Work
Woodall Heating and Cooling enterprise fixed the garage doors for me.

Category garage doors

10/23/2014

Henry S.

It is a family owned business with an extremely high reputation. I like their instant response. They are clean, highly professional and listen to customers.

Description of Work
I've used Woodall Heating and Cooling Enterprise. They did our annual warranty inspection.

11/11/2013

John C.

They carry all the name brand systems and do a great job with installation. Overall, they are a great company to work with and I have been using them for 5 years. They are the only ones I would call for the work they do. They are very prompt when answering your calls, even on weekends. And there is not an extra weekend charge. Everybody is very polite and do an excellent job cleaning up afterwards as well.

Description of Work
I have them out every year to check out my whole air system. They do the maintenance and also changed filters. I have also purchased a whole new heating and air system a couple of years ago. They have also replaced an element in my electric water heater.

11/04/2013

Donald M.

Excellent. They were on time, worked without too may breaks. Very professional.

Description of Work
Replace two heat pump systems, rerouted ceiling ducts.

10/25/2013

todd C.

the service was excellent! the crew was very punctual, professional, and did an outstanding job. would highly recommend woodall's.

Description of Work
install gutters

Category gutter repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

08/17/2013

Chip W.

Arriving home after a two-month absence I found that one of my heat pump units and Stop working. The inside temperature was 91and deg; during this Alabama summer. I called Woodall's heating and air-conditioning to see if I could set up an appointment to have someone come out and look at the system. To my surprise they were able to get a technician to my home within a couple of hours. The technician Mr. Bo Long, Immediately went to work diagnosing the problem and in a very short time he was able to tell me just what the magnitude of the damages were and what needed to be done to repair the unit and once again make it operational. Bo showed me the components that had failed and those components that would still work but would likely fail shortly and led me through a decision-making process so that I felt I was part of the solution to once again making the heat pump operational. I elected to take the more expensive course of action and replace those components that not only failed but ones that had been weakened by the failing components. Bo and his office support folks made an extra effort to get a new compressor and fan motor in two days instead of the normal 4 days so as to have my system running before the weekend. I have used Woodall's Heat and Air Conditioning in the past and they continue to be professional, thorough, and effective with very knowledge customer oriented technicians The old axiom that, and quot;You get what you pay for.and quot; from me experience doesn't apply to Woodall's. I have always gotten more than my money's worth in quality service and equipment.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and repaired a 2.5 ton Heat Pump condenser unit.

08/13/2013

Mickey O.

They did a fantastic job. They came when they said they would. I was very pleased with the work provided. They were great with the cleanup after the job. I would highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They came to replace both my heating and AC units.

06/17/2013

A H K.

This is the 6th new residential unit we contracted the HVAC to Woodall's. They have good installation/service personnel, do quality work with quality materials and follow-up promptly to questions, service requests and problems reported. They are technically competent in all matters HVAC.

Description of Work
Installed new HVAC systems (2) in new residential construction.

05/13/2013

John A.

Woodall Heating and Cooling Enterprise did a very good job. Everyone who came down was very professional. They were very efficient. Based on their recommendation, we were able to make a good choice on what to put on our room. The installation went smoothly. They explained everything. They came as soon as I called them.

Description of Work
Woodall Heating and Cooling Enterprise installed a new air conditioner for us.

12/22/2012

James G.

I am an absentee home owner and had a problem with the central heating unit turning on. Not familiar with any local services (after checking the yellow pages) so I turned to Angie's list (at the suggestion of my wife, so I signed up) and read several reviews. Woodall's had the very best reviews and service response times. I called Woodall's at 9:00am and by 9:30am a service person (Jason) was at the home making the repairs. Thank you Jason for being very prompt and professional in taking care of my system. Living in another state the company was more than happy to take care of my needs and send me bill for services. Thank you Woodall's and Angie's List you are now our go to companies for all services.

Description of Work
A problem with the central heating unit turning on. Unit was just making a humming noise.

12/09/2012

Chip W.

I called Woodall's office to report that I had a problem with my downstairs heat pump. The receptionist was very friendly, very helpful and connected me to the service department. People in the service department listened to what I had to say and said that within the hour they would be out to take care of the problem. The technician who came to repair my unit was very prompt he properly identified himself and was very polite. He wasted no time setting about diagnosing the problem and quickly found fault and completed the repairs within 30 minutes. After ensuring that the unit was properly cooling he closed everything up and was on his way. I do not believe that I have ever had a more professional technician/repair man perform services to any of my systems or appliances.

Description of Work
The outside compressor unit on my downstairs heat pump failed to come on in the cooling mode. A Technician arrived within one hour after my calling Woodall's office to check out my unit. He performed a thorough check of the system, circuit breakers and electrical components and quickly found that there was a broken wire. He replaced the wire and in only a matter of a few minutes and the system came to life. He closed up the system and completed the job in approximately 30 minutes or less.

10/30/2012

Losue H.

OOps, guess I gave all the information under one format.

Description of Work
The gentleman came out from Woodall's to do a six months check-up on my new central unit. He was very friendly, thorough and even installed my new filters for me. That's what the $42.00 was for, the cost of the filters. I love these people, Since they installed my new heat pump my power bill has been almost half of last years. To give you an example, for the month of September 2011, kWh used were 2202, September 2012, kWh used were 1257. I also know that in six months, I will be reminded that it is time for my six month's check-up. It is wonderful to have someone else keep track of these things for me. Thank You Woodall's.

08/22/2012

Leslie L.

It was the end of the business day when we called, but they sent someone right away and git it repaired quickly.

Description of Work
They put Freon in our A/C system, so it would cool better.

07/12/2012

Susan W.

They have also helped my mother after another company botched up her air conditioning. Mr. Woodall himself came out to my mother's. He was very knowledgeable and experienced. He goes above and beyond for his customers. He is very personable, trustworthy, and communicates well.

Description of Work
They changed the air conditioning unit at my home.

06/28/2012

John C.

The quality of their work and the products they used were very good. They used top name brand air conditioning systems. The system is much cooler. I liked the work that they did. They did not cut any corners. They installed it the right way.

Description of Work
I used Woodall Heating and Cooling Enterprise t put two air conditioning systems.

06/08/2012

Chris N.

They are just professional and clean nice guys.

Description of Work
I used Woodall Heating and Cooling Enterprise to service my furnace and air conditioning.

06/04/2012

Jock S.

They are family owned business. They are professionals. They are friendly. They are very responsive. They are efficient and they do real good job of cleaning up after themselves.

Description of Work
I have used Woodall Heating and Cooling Enterprise for their services in my church very recently.

05/30/2012

Ron B.

They are extremely professional. They make sure they have all the right equipment. They showed up when they said they were going to. I would use their services again.

Description of Work
They installed a new heating, and air conditioning unit.

04/27/2012

Susie S.

This was a unit that had been moved from another property about a year ago. Woodall's patched it temporarily and suggested a new unit. Owner will decide which unit to replace

Description of Work
Found ants in contactor and cleaned it; found a bearing going bad and suggested replacing the unit.