hvac repair, replacement, maitenece, Ian, duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

Aire Serv Over the Mountain

Founded 2007 • With Angi since July 2012

3648 Vann Rd

Birmingham, AL 35235

Searching for a heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) company in the Birmingham area? For expert heating and air conditioning repairs, maintenance, and installations, Aire Serv Over the Mountain is the trusted source for all your HVAC needs. Call for your seasonal tune-up, service to an

08/03/2022

Eloise J.

They came out and cooling in it twice in a two week period. I call back with the same problem and they a hole was in some part causing it to freeze up. He said he didn’t need to replace it just patch it up. The four time they came out sai it was the motor and it is not under warranty . I paid them nineteen hundreds dollars and my unit is still not working. The parts that are cover under the warranty they wouldn’t diagnose as the problem so the can charge you what they want to. I think because I am a 80yrs old women they took advantage of the situation.

Description of Work
They installed air conditioner 3.5 years ago and it stop cooling .

03/10/2022

Mary E.

He was excellent. He did the job in just 15 minutes. He was on time very polite and well mannered. He was everything that any person could be. the price was good. I am gonna hire him again.

Description of Work
Fix electrical furnace

08/02/2018

Paxton L.

I have used them multiple times and this year the prices were much higher than I have ever spent for the same service. They charged $228 to re-fill 1lb of coolant. You can buy R410 for around $6/lb in 25lb quantities. That's a 3700% markup! Even if it took the guy an hour to fill the coolant (and it was a lot closer to 10 minutes), that's still astronomical. For the 2nd pound of coolant, they only charged 129.64, reducing the markup to 2000%. How kind of them?! What's worse is that I tried to get them to commit to their coolant pricing on the phone and they wouldn't. Instead, the tell you once you have them there and would have to pay for another service charge to bring an alternative provider out to your house. They offer a reasonable price to inspect your system, but then grossly over-charge to address anything they find. It's the oldest trick in the book. Don't fall for it. I had used them twice before this time and trusted that their pricing would be fair. I was wrong and based on my experience, I can't recommend them to anyone else. You'll likely save money going with the other many reputable people in our area. Almost $500 to spend about an hour to inspect 1 AC system and add 2LBs of coolant that costs $6/lb. Ouch!

Description of Work
Annual Check-Up and 2lbs of R410-a Coolant

06/18/2018

Kathleen M.

They completed an AC check/estimate. I did not get the work done because it is a $3000 job.

Description of Work
AC check

01/24/2018

Ebony O.

Technician was punctual. Took the time to explain any issues he found and what he did to resolve them.

Description of Work
Maintenance of Air conditioning unit

01/23/2018

Jeannie M.

The system works beautifully. We haven’t had any issues and our utility bills are lower.

Description of Work
They installed a new furnace and air conditioner last year. They come out twice a year to service them.

09/25/2017

Nancy M.

It was a very reasonable price. They put those covers on their shoes so they didn’t get my house all messed up and everything.

Description of Work
Install heating and air conditioning.

09/25/2017

Nancy M.

I am very content with everything they have done.

Description of Work
Check the furnace and air conditioner.

07/07/2017

Lashawna S.

I used this company to get a second opinion on a "bad"evaporator coil diagnosis by another company. Aire Serv's technician diagnosed it as a clogged drain pipe and a faulty float switch. He unclogged the pipe and replaced the switch. He did other system checks as well to ensure it was performing normally otherwise. It's been a couple of weeks and I haven't experienced an issue with leaking.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot overflowing drain pain

05/25/2017

Ronnie J.

Quality workmanship, courteous and efficient technicians. Also on time and showed up as detailed. I was pleased enough to decide to utilize their semiannual tune-up program.

Description of Work
HVAC annual service

03/15/2017

Elizabeth A.

Identified problem with no pressure to make purchase. Highly professional

Description of Work
HVAC inspection

01/25/2017

Ansel P.

Went really well—they quickly diagnosed our old furnace as a disaster, and were very helpful with getting the new one in.

Description of Work
First a furnace inspection, then had a new furnace installed.

12/16/2016

Barbara W.

It was fine. It was great. They did everything. It was good. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Aire Serv Over the Mountain.

12/15/2016

Grady B.

The installers were very professional and thorough. They demonstrated a great attention to detail and clearly wanted to do a good job. They were obsessive about things being level and vertical.

Description of Work
Installed new Lennox furnace.

10/21/2016

Michael C.

It went very well. They were quick to install it but not too quick to keep in touch with me.

Description of Work
a new a/c system

10/18/2016

Paula L.

It went very well. He was available earlier than expected. He explained the current status of the system. Did not try to replace or sell me anything, was honest.

Description of Work
A/C and furnace tune-up

10/17/2016

Andy D.

Everything went well and the tech was professional

Description of Work
A/C tune up

10/13/2016

Kevn M.

It was fast and thorough. The service representative Matt was very informative and polite. This is a very trustworthy business.

Description of Work
I serviced the HVAC unit and replaced the HVAC fan.

09/21/2016

michael M.

The service went well. They came out the next day after I purchased the Big Deal. It was done well. They came out on time, cleaned up everything that they messed up, and worked well.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal with Aire Serv Over the Mountain. It was $49 air conditioner tune-up and one pound of refrigerant.

09/07/2016

lytonioa G.

Went very well technician very professional

Description of Work
A/C service

08/22/2016

Dennis P.

great - service was prompt and informative. did exactly as advertised.

Description of Work
had AC inspected, cleaned, and serviced with additional coolant

08/08/2016

sarah M.

The technician was very courteous and was on time. Pleased with the service.

Description of Work
Tune up, inspection

07/26/2016

Michael P.

This was a big deal purchase. Initially there was a problem. They diagnosed that my A/C system was dead and I had to challenge them a little bit. There are two capacitors, one on the compressor and one on the fan and they only checked one. They found that the second compressor was the only thing that was the problem. So it turned out good but I was disappointed. If I was not familiar with how an air conditioner runs he would have sold me a $13,000 air conditioning system. I will have to probably buy one in the distant future but he was, like, my system was dead and they would quote me a brand new system. Once I challenged him a little bit he went to check and said I was right and they could replace the $50 capacitor and bring the system back to fully functional. The overall service was good. He listened to my challenge and did check to find the true problem, but I felt like that he was a little more motivated to try to sell me a $13,000 complete system than doing a thorough job checking what was really wrong with my system. It was a good price. They were very responsive and were there when they were supposed to be. They offer these things to broaden their market as a supplier for new systems. When I challenged they listened and were receptive to going back and looking again to make sure that they were telling me was accurate. I like that they listened to what I wanted them to do.

07/25/2016

Mary R.

Great experience. Technician was great. Would highly recommend Air Serv Over the Mountain. Thanks for having them on your list.

Description of Work
Air Conditioning service. Cleaned coils and added refrigerant.

07/05/2016

Johnathan W.

Technician was very professional. They offer 0% financing with approved credit. I was quoted $4902 for a 2 ton Trane XR14 condenser and evaporator coil install. I am not sure if this is a good price or not, but they were very transparent in their pricing.

Description of Work
A/C tune up with 1lb of refrigerant. Also provided estimate for 2 ton Trane Condenser and Evaporator install.