S & S Appliance Parts & Service LLC

With Angi since July 2006

3.9

3697 Pine Ln SE

Bessemer, AL 35022

S & S Appliance Parts & Service LLC...

01/04/2022

Donald D.

The repair was rude and had lacked knowledge of what was going on. I repeatedly told him my refrigerator wasn't getting cold. The food I had in it was completely unthawed, but he insisted it was cold enough.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

02/24/2021

Mary M.

The technician came out and informed me that my microwave needed to be replaced and stated that my microwave was over 10 yrs old and the parts would be hard to get to repair it. I have a built in microwave, but the technician informed AHS that I had a counter top microwave. If he would have taken the microwave out the wall he would have seen the label in back of the microwave that is built in over my oven that clearly states "built in". The label reads shows that it is an Electrolux built in oven and microwave which was manufactured in December 2006. He was right to state it is over 10 years old, but it is not a counter top microwave. The microwave is Frigidaire Professional built in microwave. My oven and microwave are built into the wall and is separate from my stove top, which is located in a separate area in my kitchen. It does not take a genius to figure this out. I am not where this technician went to school or where he was trained but whoever trained him did a poor job. I have been without my microwave since 2/5/21. I would not recommend S&S Appliances to any one and I don't want them back in my home. I had to pay a co pay of $100 for AHS to send them out here just to look at it. Now AHS has to send another company out and they are going to charge me another $100 in order to provide us a second opinion.

Description of Work
Microwave referred by American Home Shield

08/11/2020

Meghan D.

Ron with services is very friendly and professional. He explained everything to me that he had done and would be returning to do. He was very quick to diagnose the issue. I WILL NOT use any other company.

Description of Work
Fridge/ washer and dryer repair

03/01/2019

Linda R.

It was good. On time and professional

Description of Work
Ice maker repair

12/15/2017

Angela A.

Technician checked my washing machine. Went out to his truck replaced a part and then when he was finished told me it would need another part. He told me it would cost more to fix it than replace it. He then gave me a bill of $211.65. When, I questioned the cost. He told me not to worry about it. It's close to Christmas let your husband fix it. I let him know, I don't have a husband. He said my girlfriend could get it then. He said this as he was going out the door. The job took less than 30 mins. I have had other technicians come out. I have always been given an estimate of how much it would be before any work was done. When I tried to reach the company. I got an email back it said sorry for the way you were treated. They never spoke of why, I was charged for a service that didn't fix my machine and will have to replace it. I hope no one else has this happen to them.

Description of Work
My Whirlpool Washing Machine needed to be fixed. There number came with the instruction manual

09/11/2017

Connie E.

Replaced and washer is working fine now.

Description of Work
Replaced a lid switch on washer

03/02/2017

Brian B.

I would give S&S Parts and Service "zero" stars if it was possible. Requested service for a Maytag Centennial top-loading washing machine that was leaking from the bottom during the wash and spin cycles. Service technician came out, shined a flashlight in the tub, and stated "he could not find the problem. He did not remove the panel to inspect any of the internal parts as a possible cause for the leaking, i.e., inner or outer tub, tub seal, pressure switch, fill valve, any of the internal hoses, belts, ejector assembly, and water pump or its bearings. This technician is too stupid and lazy to be an appliance service technician. The washer continued to leak, and S&S appliance was called for the second time. The same technician came to the house. Again, he DID NOTHING as before to determine the source of the leakage. He shined his flashlight into the tub, and stated "it was a mystery to him why the water was leaking from the washer." He said that we will just have to call this washer the "Mystery Machine just like in Scooby-Doo." NEVER CALL NOR USE S&S APPLIANCE PARTS AND SERVICE FOR REPAIR OF ANY TYPE OF MAJOR APPLIANCE. THEY HAVE HORRIBLE AND IGNORANT SERVICE TECHNICIANS. YOUR MONEY WILL BE WASTED WITH NO REPAIR MADE TO YOUR APPLIANCE.

Description of Work
Fix a leak on a Maytag Centennial washing machine that occurred during the wash and spin cycles.

01/08/2017

Michele and Mike D.

I'm sorry to say that this was the worst large appliance service that we've ever received, and this company after a month and a half could not fix our broken dishwasher. The technician could not fix the broken electric control box because he said that he lost the new one that Frigidaire sent him. He also left dirt behind. Frigidaire had to send out another company which was able to fix our broken dishwasher within a week's time.

Description of Work
They were supposed to do Frigidaire dishwasher warranty work.

06/16/2016

Lester M.

This wasn't very good. He came out here and I paid him the money but he could not get it to run. The reason he couldn't is that the didn't flip the switch on it. After he left, I did. So I am not too happy with that outfit. He did not do anything -- nothing. They got there in plenty of time. It was a $60 fee for getting them out here. To make the experience better all they had to do was to find the on/off switch -- they could have done that. He didn't look under there well enough because as soon as he left I found it.

Description of Work
I used S & S Appliance Parts to work on our dishwasher.

03/16/2015

Barbara B.

S & S was sent through our home warranty plan, so I don't know actual pricing for repairs. $60 is our deductible. They were prompt and professional. They called to set the appointment. They let me know where I was in the line-up of appointments so I could plan. For example, for an 8am-12 noon appointment, when they called to confirm, they said you are the 2nd appointment for the day. Then the tech called when he was on the way and let me know how many minutes it would take to arrive. For the oven repair, a different company came first and claimed we needed a part. After 2 months, they still had not fixed the problem and kept giving excuses. S & S had it fixed the next business day after I called! Awesome!

Description of Work
Repaired oven fan. Previously repaired ice-maker in refrigerator

12/08/2014

Brian A.

We have a home warranty with a home we purchased this year. About 4 weeks after moving in, the dishwasher began having problems, so we called the warranty company. It took 2 days for S&S to contact us to set up an appointment after receiving the work order, another 7 business days for the diagnosis visit (scheduled to arrive between 2-4, actually arrived about 5), part replacement visit scheduled for 4 business days later (including a weekend and Thanksgiving) no one showed up for this scheduled visit. I had to call them to find out that the part had not come in. Although they told the warranty company that the part was on hand that afternoon, it took another 5 business days to actually come and install the part. We had a confirmed arrival window of between 8 and 10 in the morning. The technician called after 10 to ask if he could come later in the day. I had no choice if I wanted to part installed. He came about 4:30 that afternoon and replaced the supposed faulty part. We repeated the problems that we were having with it, including not draining. He said it was working fine and left. I ran the first load of dishes and it didn't drain. The dishwasher is unusable. I called back the next business day and the less than friendly receptionist indicated that I would need to recontact the warranty company to get them back out. Fortunately, the warranty company allowed us to call another company without incurring a second service fee. After dealing with this company for a month now, I cannot recommend them to anyone. I am generally very gracious and can tolerate a great deal of inconvenience. An apology, a timely courtesy call for the late and missed appointments, or any effort on their part to make me think they were trying to fix the problem would have gone a long way with me. Actually fixing the problem would have gone farther. Basically, I have dealt with the hassle of a company for a month and I am right back where I started, with a broken dishwasher.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and replaced a faulty control panel in a GE Dishwasher.

08/18/2014

George L.

I had a warranty appointment with S&S scheduled for Saturday with a 12-5 window. They never showed up. In their defense, Whirlpool provided them with a bad phone number, but that is no excuse for not showing up. They could have easily looked up my number if they needed to reach me - we are in the same city! At 3:30 on Saturday, I tried calling S&S (there are several numbers listed on their website) and I was unable to reach anyone. I also tried to call Whirlpool to find out if S&S was coming, and they were closed. When I got in touch with them on Monday morning, they blamed their lack of service on the bad phone number from Whirlpool. They did not apologize for nor showing up. I asked if they would consider scheduling a more specific time since they missed the last appointment and all they could offer was another window. Basically, they don't care. Whirlpool will continue to feed them warranty work and they will do it when they feel like it. Perhaps they treat their non-warranty customers better.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair scheduled.

07/08/2013

Michael M.

Dishwasher would not drain. Service contract assigned S&S appliance repair. They called promptly and we arranged a time for service. The technition arrived right on time and started trouble shooting for the problem. He found a stopped up diverter and cleaned it out. He explained everything as he did it and was very professional. I was pleased with the service I got.

Description of Work
Repair non draining dishwasher.

05/23/2013

MARCIE M.

S & S Appliance Parts & Service, LLC the experience was absolutely terrible. They were impolite, condescending over the phone, dismissive over the phone, no calls and no shows on two separate appointments when I stayed home half a day to meet with them they didn't show up twice. I actually had three service appointments, they did actually come to the house and of five appointments they never fixed the problem or got anywhere close to it. I was having to use them because of the warranty I have with Maytag, they insisted that I use this company which is why I stuck with them for five service appointments. I finally called Maytag and asked for a different company and they gave me someone new and they said what the first people had done made no sense at all. And the second company fixed it. Unresponsiveness, not timely, arrogant, there is nothing good about the experience. And the second technician from the second company told me that has nothing to do with the error code that displayed on the machine was saying. So they didn't even know enough to look up what the error code was. What the guy changed had nothing to do with it.

Description of Work
S & S Appliance Parts & Service, LLC came to fix my maytag appliances. They replaced some capacitors on a washing machine, they fixed the problem.

03/04/2013

Peachy S.

Excellent service until we discontinued appliance business.

Description of Work
At one time I was Appliance Merchandise Manager for Moore-Handley in Pelham. They were the factory authorized Service Agents for Modern Maid Appliances and we used them for other brands too. They did an excellent job.

Category appliance repair,appliance sales

01/26/2013

Debbie M.

Was charged to "diagnose" the problem but we told them what was wrong and the model number for the part.. Repair took less than 20 minutes and they charged $140.00 to put in the part. A letter was sent to request a refund of the 65.00 diagnosis fee which was never disclosed in our initial conversations and no response was ever received. Basically, a rip off and should have responded to the letter and refunded the $65.00 that we felt was an overcharge.

Description of Work
Replaced the heating element in stove.

01/05/2013

w mark P.

Nice guy, arrived on time, worked quickly, knew what he was doing. But he was in such a hurry that he scratched the inside of my freezer and the back panel trying to get it off and back on again. That was really disappointing.

Description of Work
Refrigerator quit cooling. He replaced the thermostat behind the wall of the freezer.

09/18/2012

Julie S.

I had an old gas wall oven needing repair. The service call is $79.00. He determined the oven needed a new circuit board, then said he would order one and come back. He returned a few days later, and spent several hours only to tell me it couldn't be wired. Then he replaced my old one, but badly, so it didn't even show the clock any more. He said he would come back again when he got word on how to wire it from GE. Returns again, another week or so, spends a couple of hours and STILL can't get it right. These things happen, and I wouldn't hold it against them, except when he left, he left my house with the circuits to the kitchen OFF. I can't make toast, my cook-top has to be lit with a lighter (I already don't have an oven) and I can't even make my morning coffee. The refrigerator was left plugged into the DINING ROOM. THEY are out 3 calls for $79, and I paid almost 80 bucks for someone to come out, waste my time, and SCREW UP MY HOUSE worse than it was before. This is why they get an F in professionalism. I expect the house to be in the same shape it was when you arrived, and if you can't fix something I just want to be told that and get on with my life! If you can't figure out a breaker box, then don't work with electrical appliances, imo.

Description of Work
install new circuit board on a Kenmore gas wall oven.

04/04/2012

CHARLOTTE R.

My daughter's washer was not working. I called yesterday, Randy came out today and diagnosed the problem, and since it did not need a new part just re-plugged in the switch and was good to go. Randy was awesome and didn't try to nail me for more than I needed.

Description of Work
Washer was not working and I needed it fixed as soon as possible.

02/10/2012

Julia D.

Very fast, arrived promptly would use them again.

Description of Work
The week before Thanksgiving my stove and dishwasher went out and S&S responded extremely promptly. I felt they were a tad pricey however after checking prices on parts online they are pretty much inline with other places. They were very pleasant to deal with and even made a 2nd trip before Thanksgiving to install parts that had to be ordered.

02/02/2012

nancy W.

Great sevice, professional, friendly, and I will never use anyone other than S&S Appliance for any repairs, maintence or replacement!

Description of Work
Needed a part from my washer. They were so helpful and even told me that I was about to purchase the wrong part! Gave great advice and guidance. I will only use S& S. I have a washer ,dryer, and refrigerator from them. Next a new dishwasher!

01/11/2012

Michael M.

The freezer needed a number of related repairs. After the first visit and charge, many of these repairs were done for free. Ultimately, nearly all of the compressor components were replaced.

Description of Work
Replaced compressor on Sub-Zero freezer unit.

12/23/2011

Sarah B.

The person I spoke to on the phone was polite and easy to deal with. The serviceman was friendly enough, and got the job done quickly. Overall we were very pleased.

Description of Work
Our amana dryer stopped working. It made a loud clunking noise, and I smelled something burning. S & S came out within 2 days and fixed the problem by cleaning out the machine. Now our dryer works great.

11/03/2011

Lee W.

We had 3 or 4 service people prior to S&S to come and repair our SubZero refrigerator and and none of those were satisfactory. S&S came and did an excellent job!

07/25/2011

Sara J.

They are very prompt. They do excellent service and they have a reasonable price. I would probably have them come out again because we went on a long weekend, and found our freezer had been sealed. We don’t want to throw it out, so we would probably have them to come back out and see if it needs repair and if we need to let them move it out and clean the underneath. We can’t get totally under it. It’s the sub-zero freezer and we’ve had it for 20 years. They’ve taken it and worked on it several times over the years. They are very good and also, their work is very fine.

Description of Work
S & S Appliance Service Complaint does the servicing works on our appliances. We’ve had our appliances serviced here for years and years, like the refrigerator or whatever.