Quick Fix Home Repair

Founded 1977 • With Angi since November 2010

2.3

9 Dogwood Trail

Alabaster, AL 35007

We are a general home repair company specializing in fast response and customer service. References are avaialable of actual clients. The owner is also 40 hour HAZWOPER certified and an OSHA certified On Scene Incident Commander...

12/15/2016

Al G.

They came out to review proposed construction, but we did not receive a quote or response to follow-up inquiries. Can only assume they were too busy.

Description of Work
Room addition.

Category remodeling

06/28/2014

Mitch P.

Excellent work! They arrived as scheduled and, while it took a few hours longer than estimated (due to finding additional water damage and wood rot), they completed the job in a timely manner. The owner visited and checked on progress throughout the day, and the foreman and workmen that stayed here worked diligently and professionally to complete the work exactly as requested. They were very considerate of not disturbing us or our pets any more than necessary, and kept us informed throughout the project of what they were doing and what would be next. They did a great job; we would definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Replaced front door and repaired water damage, repaired rotted siding and woodpecker hole in chimney, and repaired/replaced window sills that were rotted and water damaged.

Category handyman service, remodeling

08/29/2012

Geoffrey M.

Initially the workers arrived as scheduled and demolished the shower stall as described. The contractor provided a trailer to haul away the debris. At that point the contractor requested and received 50% of the contract value. After the initial demolition the work basically stopped. The contractor would promise to be on site but then would make excuse after excuse after excuse. It turned out the contractor was unable to sub a tile crew at the price the he had estimated. After two weeks or so, they finally sub contracted to "Tile by Dave." Quick Fix basically washed their hands of the job after that and authorized me to pay "Tile by Dave" directly. Quick Fix claimed that Dave would do a good job. Not so, the tile installation is mediocre with many small details that are just lousy. Quick Fix left their debris trailer in my driveway until I irritated them to the point where they removed it.These folks all need to find a new way to make a living. They don't seem to know their own market and they are deluded as to what constitutes proper workmanship.

Description of Work
Tear out stall shower in master bath, remove old tile, shower pan, 2 inch shower drain. Replace can light in shower ceiling. Replace mortar bed with 1/2" "Dura Rock" on walls and ceiling (this material, new floor drain, and floor rubber pan liner alone provided by contractor). Install new pan liner membrane and replace mortar bed on shower floor. Lay new ceramic tile and replace floor drain. All tile, grout and electrical components provided by owner. Shower door to be installed by customer/others.

Category ceramic tile

My apologies to [member name removed]. This job was sold by a supervisor with out my knowledge as owner as a " side job". Once I became aware of it, we did sub out the job because the "supervisor" was terminated. As far as poor craftsmenship, this is the first I have heard about it. We would have resolved it, if I had ever been informed of it. People can write anything they desire on here and you have to take their word for it. Check our client reviews with the BBB and HomeAdvisor - we have a 4.63 of 5 rating.

08/06/2012

Rose B.

Poor customer service.. work not quality, took several calls to complete the project!

Description of Work
Work was performed but was not quality by any means. Spoke with the owner many times and he advised that he would come to the site himselft after the work was done. He never showed up or followed up with a phone call to make sure work was satisfactory. Will not be calling this business for any future work, nor will I recommend to any one.

Category handyman service

If [member name removed] would call the actual owner of Quick Fix Home Repair, we would like to speak to her - We have no record of her as a client- honestly. 205-383-7545

11/08/2011

Steve M.

The workmen were easy to get along with, but the quality of work was lacking. After all work was completed, I found a number of items unfinished and just poor workmanship. Here are a few- 2 of the 3 window seals replaced in the upstairs dormers need to be re-installed as the seal was improperly set. The brick mold sticks out past the seal. That is not the case on all the other windows. Paint to finish is one coat of paint. I expected all new material to be primed and 2 coats of paint. On the one upstairs front windows that was replaced, there is no paint on parts of the seal and trim. I asked them to use a drop cloth so paint would not get on the roofing. I now have a spotted roof with paint on the roofing. The upstairs rear window where the seal was replaced has not been caulked in or painted at all. The inside trim on the lower window was left with brads not completely set. No nail holes were filled inside or out. After they left I contacted the owner and asked him to come by to review the work. I didn't want them to come back to repair as I felt they had already demonstrated what would happen. Of course he never came by. I guess he is ok with providing a below average service.

Description of Work
I had 2 windows replaced, siding on 3 dormers and a chimney, window seals and brick molding on 4 windows. The upstairs dormers and chimney was to be painted to finish, and the 2 down stair windows made ready to paint.

Category siding, replacement windows, chimney repair, house painters

I, as business owner just was notified of this so - called review. I did go to [member name removed] home and reviewed the work. He never provided me with a punch out list. I offered to complete a punch out list - His statement was that HE was a home builder, he would rather ruin my reputation with bad reviews. We have an A+ BBB rating -We have a 31 client review with 4.63 out of five star rating with HomeAdvisor. This is nothing more than a hatchet job.

Aqua-Guard Waterproofing, Inc.

Aqua-Guard Waterproofing is a foundation waterproofing contractor. Aqua-Guard specializes in repairing wet or damp basements and crawlspaces. We install the Aqua-Guard Basement Waterproofing System and the Aqua-Guard Crawlspace System, both of which, carry our Life of the Structure Warranty. Aqua-Guard also specializes in crawlspace encapsulation which creates a healthy home environment. The Aqua-Guard Closed Crawlspace System eliminates musty odors, improves air quality, takes away the ability for mold and mildew to grow, and insulates the crawlspace, therefore, making the home more energy efficient.

ALUX - Luxury Interior Painting

ALUX Luxury Interior Painting is ready to take your paint project from dream to reality - with experience since 2011 & quality design, our team of highly skilled service professionals will be with you every step of the way. Call today for a free estimate!

SouthFace Renovations LLC.

Hello my name is Johnny DeBlieux! I am the owner and operator of this custom paint, roofing, remodel and construction company. We can do any and all interior or exterior remodel/restoration project. My attention to detail and skills are geared towards the finished product. My business has from 3-8 employees per job and myself depending on size of project. We are properly insured and licensed to do any residential project known to man! I normally operate under a draw pay application for longer projects or 50% deposit and 50% upon completion payment plan for shorter projects. We give Senior citizens and Angie's List members discounts as well!

Offers by SouthFace Renovations LLC. on Angi

Home Repair services of all types, residential and commercial. 33 years expeience