Nesbitt Realty

Founded 1999 • With Angi since December 2011

1451 Belle Haven Rd Ste 222

Alexandria, VA 22307

Special pricing for Angie's List members. Our family-run business genuinely appreciates the opportunity to serve your needs. About half of our business is property management and about half of our business is real estate sales. Count on us to advise you if you're considering selling or renting. Our brokerage will match or beat any rebate scheme or pricing for real estate sales. Our property management services are consistently one of the best values in Northern Virginia....

11/29/2020

Abdul M.

Our homeowners' association has been around for over three decades and we've seen our fair share of management companies. We hired Nesbitt Realty to manage our association in January 2020 after dealing with some very challenging issues with the previous management company. Nesbitt Realty has been a breath of fresh air and made our voluntary roles on the Board much easier and less stressful. They have been outstanding thus far and much better than some of the previous companies we've had in the past.

Description of Work
Management company for HOA

11/03/2019

Sonya B.

Nesbitt Realty was pleasant and professional. We worked with Alan Clerinx when we rented a home for 2 years - Alan was always responsive to our needs. We appreciated his guidance and support in making our renting experience a very good one!

Description of Work
Rental Management

04/03/2019

Deborah B.

I could not ask for a more stellar, professional and responsive property management company. They have responded and resolved every property concern that had arisen in a timely fashion. They found and placed outstanding renters in my home and they continue to provide a tremendous and unparalleled level of service. For anyone seeking a property manager in the Washington-metro area, Nesbitt Realty consistently distinguishes themselves in all categories of service. They are a first-class operation.

Description of Work
They've been my property manager for the past 8 years or so.

03/17/2019

Jon W.

I've been renting out a condo unit with Nesbit Realty for about 2 years now. My property manager, Alan, has been responsive, working with both my needs, and that of the tenants. The rest of the team has handled the rent and payments on time and with much ease. I would very much recommend them for property management needs.

Description of Work
Property Management

John T.

They are stellar performers! I will definitely recommend and absolutely use them, again.

Description of Work
Purchased Home

Brian B.

The wonderful job! I will recommend them to folks looking for quality help not out to price gauge you, get as much money out of you and give you a fair deal.

Description of Work
Helped Purchased First Home

Eric E.

It was a good experience, we were able to find a nice home. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They helped us find a home.

03/01/2019

Hayley R.

Andrew was, and continues to be, a pleasure to work with. He maintained a high level of professionalism and communication throughout the process and I was very impressed with his knowledge of the area and local market. I never had any trouble getting a hold of him and he returned all calls and messages in a timely manner. Thank you!

Description of Work
Property Management

10/01/2018

Noora T.

Do not do any business through this company. Hopefully you read all the negative reviews before hand and save yourself a lot of headaches. Bc once you sign a contract with them they’ll sue you for trying to leave any review online which is against the law- and they tried suing me unless I took my review off yelp. Doing business with Nesbitt was one of the worst experiences my husband and I have ever had renting a home. Extremely rude, unprofessional family business.

Description of Work
Real estate agency/ property manager

Category property management

This review was left by a tenant who gave a great deal of grief to our landlord client. The landlord was quite happy that we were there to stand between the landlord and this difficult person.

09/18/2018

Dana F.

Total peace of mind with my property in their care. Great market sense and know just when to involve me.

Description of Work
Property management

08/30/2018

J G.

Excellent customer service. Very responsive to all issues with the house. Excellent communication and thorough work done when needed. All receipts for work done clear and easy to review. I trust them to care for my house. Would recommend!

Description of Work
leasing management (house)

08/23/2018

GILBERT F.

We own a townhouse in Northern Virginia that we have rented to others for 25 years. About 2012, we fired our property management company, who was doing a very poor job, and hired Nesbitt Realty, after doing some research and interviewing 2-3 excellent companies. Nesbitt Realty has been a pleasure to work with, they are responsive, and keep us apprised of everything that we need to know. The rent proceeds are always on time, and any maintenance bills are thoroughly supported and provided to us quickly. They have now re-rented the unit several times, finding us good quality tenants with minimal break between tenants, and have allowed us to sleep better in CA knowing that the property is well cared for.

Description of Work
Nesbitt Realty has been managing a townhouse for us in Northern Virginia as we now live in California

04/27/2018

Audra J.

I used Nesbitt Realty for both renting my home and, more recently, for the sale of my home. I found Will and Stuart to be very responsive, they kept me apprised of all and any issues, they promptly handled any repairs that needed to be made, and were very good at finding new quality tenants with lease terms ended. When the time came to sell my home, I used Stuart as my realtor. He provided me with all of the assessments for comparable homes in the area and spoke at length with me to come up with a suitable price. He took the time to discuss the sale and possible open houses with the tenant, and was extremely considerate of the Tenant’s time and home. Stuart was able to sell the home in under two weeks during the off-season for close to the list price. Everything about the sale went very smoothly. I’m very pleased with the work that Nesbitt Realty provided both areas property managers and as real estate agents. I would recommend them to anybody who needs rental, property management, or real estate services in the Northern Virginia area.

Description of Work
Property management and real estate sales

10/02/2017

Brad N.

Nesbitt provided good advice, found a good tenant and initiated the property management phase on my former personal residence.

Description of Work
Rental Agent and property manager

07/31/2017

Ruediger M.

At this juncture all ratings are tentative as I have just recently signed an agreement with the firm. The initial impression is quite positive. Of course, only time will tell how the company will perform but initial experiences leads to the belief that the company will do rather well.

Description of Work
I needed a property manager.

06/12/2017

Michele J.

Have provided renters and helped maintain the property being very responsive to the needs for retails and replacements which always happens on weekends. They use their own contractors so I do not know if I am receiving the best price. The work is getting done when needed and I am glad not to be doing this myself. Although everything has run smoothly, I had to ask for copies of inspection reports more than once. I think this should be automatic.

Description of Work
Found renters and managed the rent of a townhouse

Category property management

We never make any money from any of the work we order from any contractor. Of course, we often work with contractors that we have used before because they have earned our trust and taken good care of our clients in the past. We like working with contractors that are reliable and with fair prices, but we really don't care if they are the landlord's suggestions or if they are people we've worked with in the past. We are perfectly happy to work with any contractor that can get the job done at a fair price. Some landlords provide us with their own contractors. We also use Angie's List to find contractors. Just let us know if you have a contractor that you prefer or if there is a contractor you don't like. I think it's an outstanding suggestion to make the inspection reports something we automatically send landlords. We'll work on this improvement. Thanks!

12/12/2016

Ryan H.

Will and his team are top-notch. Extremely knowledgeable and responsive. I feel lucky to have found such a great management service. I even considered buying more rental properties because they make it so easy to manage.

Description of Work
Condo property management

11/04/2016

Neal S.

Nesbitt Realty manages my condo in Alexandria, VA. They took over managing an extremely difficult tenant that I had found myself before hiring them, and re-leased my property with absolutely no downtime when that tenant moved out. Since hiring Nesbitt, I haven't had to spend any of my time and energy on managing difficult tenants or finding new tenants. The stress off me is worth so much more than the reasonable charge. I would recommend this company for anyone who needs property management. Stuart Nesbitt really went above and beyond for me and his ability to get my difficult tenant to pay and find new tenants promptly when the property had to turn over ended up saving me a lot of money in the long run.

Description of Work
Condo Property Management

10/26/2016

Gary L.

Everyone at Nesbitt Realty, particularly Stuart, has been very professional and responsive to all my needs as a landlord. The price charged for managing my property is very fair for the exceptional quality of service provided. I have never had any issues with Nesbitt Realty and I highly recommend them if you are shopping for a Property Management company.

Description of Work
Nesbitt Realty has been managing my single family home investment property in Springfield since 2014.

10/17/2016

Joanne A.

Great. I emailed the invoice and got an immediate response that it would be taken care of asap. And it always is. They are very good about providing the rent payment on time and promptly responding to any questions I might have.

Description of Work
In this case the provider was taking care of a maintenance invoice.

10/12/2016

Deborah B.

Nesbitt Property Management continues to provide responsive, timely, OUTSTANDING service! I am so thankful to have them servicing my property! They are an asset to the Belle View Community, and to the Property Management field!

Description of Work
Air Conditioning servicing

10/11/2016

Karen S.

I rented my new townhouse out while living out of the country. The house needed blinds, alarm system, washer and dryer installed. The blind installation was a nightmare. The person had a difficult schedule and a rule that someone had to be at the house during all of the visits instead of using a lock box, which meant Stuart had to be there for every little thing. Then there was the washer dryer install; they had the wrong part and made for another trip to the house. Let's not forget the alarm people; it was difficult to schedule them, but at least they did show up. It took them forever to set up the alarm system. Through it all Stuart just said, I will take care of it. His patience through this ordeal kept me calm. He did an outstanding job at getting the place ready to rent. I trust Nesbitt Realty to take care of both my properties. This real estate company has provide me the best service possible. I recommend this company. By the way, I found this Realty Company on Angie's List and they have lived up to their reputation

Description of Work
Stuart Nesbitt of Nesbitt Realty as a property manager ensured my house was prepared for rental.

10/11/2016

Gilbert F.

Stuart Nesbitt and the Nesbitt team take good care of our Arlington property. Stuart is always available by phone and e-mail and keeps us informed of issues that develop. He has good sense about repairs versus replacement. We get good monthly reports and the fees are reasonable. We are very pleased with Nesbitt Realty and would hire them again.

Description of Work
We own a rental townhouse in Arlington, VA but live in San Diego. In 2013, we fired our terrible property management company and did some research and interviews and hired Nesbitt Realty to manage our property. We are very pleased by their service.

06/10/2016

MC R.

My fiancé, and I along with our relator had terrible experience with Nesbitt Reality. STAY AWAY. They accepted our bid on an apartment, in writing emailed us to said they would draw up the lease, backpedaled, engaged in a bidding war, took the application fee, and gave the place to someone else. Our relator said he had never seen anything like this is 31 years! Thank GOD we never signed anything in writing with them it would have been **** to have them as your management company. Not to mention Stuart was rude, unprofessional, and hung up the phone on my fiancé. Furthermore, when my fiancé went in person to pick up our paperwork Will Nesbitt threatened to call the cops and shoved him out the door. Do your homework and NEVER work with this company.

Description of Work
The company did nothing but act unprofessionally and took out money.

Category real estate agents

There are a number of misunderstandings that are exampled in your review. I'll take a moment to try to explain some of these, but unfortunately it was your agent's job to clear up these misunderstandings. We have reported your agent (not a Nesbitt Realty agent) for a number of unethical actions which cause you to have hard feelings, misunderstand the process and caused you to point your anger at us. We didn't perform any services for this person or make any money from you. We did not represent you. You were represented by another brokerage and that broker's agent is responsible for explaining what follows. Firstly, the $90 you paid for a background check is a pass-through expense that we buy from other providers. Like [Member Information Removed] companies, we don't make any money off of background checks. Your background money is non-refundable and it says as much in bold letters beside your signature on the application. The property that you applied for is a condominium, not an apartment. The landlord, not Nesbitt Realty, selects the tenant. All we do is relay information and prepare documentation. The Realtor Code of Ethics has very strict rules about have material discussions with another Realtor's clients. Your agent ignored these rules and had a discussion with the landlord to sell the landlord on what a great tenant you are. The landlord heard that sales pitch and told our agent to accept your application. In the meantime, unbeknownst to the landlord we had received another application that offered more money that you had offered. We are under an ethical obligation to present all applications up until the lease is signed. So we told the landlord about the other application. The landlord then asked us to speak to your agent to see if you would match the offer. You declined that offer, so the landlord went with the higher offer. Then rather than explaining all these facts to you, your agent directed you to us to recover a non-refundable background fee. You came to our office looking for a fight. If you wanted to argue with someone, you should have been arguing with your own agent, not with us. When you refused to take no for an answer and refused to leave the office, we had no choice but to threaten to call the police.

06/17/2015

Maureen S.

I am constantly recommending the Nesbitts to coworkers and friends. They are top-notch -- highly responsive, regularly taking pride in their work. Their rates for property management and as real estate agents are very competitive and their website full of great info.

Description of Work
We've worked with the Nesbitts both for property management and for real estate transactions.

Category real estate agents, property management

Thank you for your kind words. We truly appreciate the opportunities you have given us.

Real Property Management PROS

Real Property Management PROS is the market leader when it comes to residential leasing and property management services. We have leased and managed over 900 properties in Northern Virginia. There is a good reason why property owners in Northern Virginia turn to Real Property Management PROS as their first choice: we have revolutionized property management in a way that guarantees a more reliable, scalable, professional and technology-driven management platform that delivers a better return on your investment. 1. We are dedicated professionals who live and work here in the Northern Virginia area. 2. We run your rental property like a business, focused on getting the best return on your investment. 3. We are held to a higher, national standard and offer greater reliability than the competition. 4. Our proven processes are based on over 25 years of experience and technology-driven platforms. 5. We have been recognized by Inc. 500 four years running as a company who is doing things right. Put simply, we offer a committed team and a more efficient process that saves you money.

Dianne Hansen

Consistent Super Service Award winner. Local Real Estate Expertise. Specializing in Fairfax County. Professional Assistance for all your Buying and Selling Real Estate needs. Free Comparative Market Analysis (CMA), insight to the current market and best strategies for a smooth transaction. See article published by Angie's List: http://www.angieslist.com/articles/5-tips-easy-home-closing.htm. If you're looking to move out of state, let us help you find an experienced agent to make your transition a good one! Please call or email if you are interested in buying or selling a home in the Northern Virginia area. Honest, ethical and responsive service to help you buy or sell a home. Whether you're a first time buyer or experienced homeowner, we would be happy to guide you through the newest housing requirements as smoothly as possible. I have more than 15 years experience in Northern VA real estate and look forward to working with you to meet your goals. I don't just sell houses, I help you get where you want to be - Start to finish management of Trusts/Estates. Hand us the keys and tell us your budget, we will take care of all the details and sell your home for the maximum price. Trustworthy representation for out of state families. - New home buyers expertise, learn how to negotiate with the builders - How to market your home with the best pictures, presentation and timing - Buy your next home with a strategy that will make your move as smooth as possible 703-819-7779 Dianne.Hansen@penfedrealty.com

Keller Williams - Tim Pierson Home Sales Team

Real Estate consulting and sales services including helping buyers, sellers, investors, builders, estates, downsizing, upscaling in all matters related to buying and selling real estate. Our mission is to help people use real estate to achieve their long-term personal and financial goals. We work to make sure your best interests are represented when buying or selling your home to help you get further faster in life.

Property Management

We are a family-business serving buyers, sellers, renters and landlords. We specialize in high-end rental management but we service everything from little studios to impressive luxury homes. We also help our clients buy and sell real estate in Alexandria, Arlington and Fairfax County. If you are in a difficult financial situation we do not think property management something you should purchase. Instead, our CPDE (Certified Distressed Property Expert) can suggest your best exit strategy.

We do not work in Maryland, DC.