Doctor Cool & Professor Heat

Founded 1979 • With Angi since August 2004

4.3

307 E Walker St

League City, TX 77573

Family owned & operated. Charges flat rate. Offer a Residential Energy Savings Agreement. Additional DBA - Dr Cool And Professor Heat....

07/31/2019

ANDREW M.

Guy came out to check my still under warranty unit. Made me pay $97 for his visit which I wasn't told over the phone then tried to quote me $350 new Thermostat (no smart technology) $160 for a capacitor (which is covered by warranty) $280 for 2 surge protectors (LOL) $379 to replace my tent cover in attic (one I have now had no damage is works fine) $950 for a UV kit install Tech left my T-Stat rigged to bypass with exposed wires. I doubled checked the status light on the motherboard, which he said was functioning properly, and the manual let me know it was a blown fuse. $4 for a pack of 5 fuses AC running fine now. Literally just tried to scam me and did not even honor their warranty. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Description of Work
AC repair, unit was not working properly and under warranty

07/31/2019

ANDREW M.

Description of Work
AC repair, unit not working properly and still under warranty

01/04/2019

Charles S.

They did a really good job and I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
I have been using them for years for repairs and maintenance for my HVAC system. They added another vent as well.

09/16/2018

James G.

Terrible Experience, Purchased their "Amazing Cool Club" package that provides a heating inspection in the fall and an air conditioning inspection in the spring. We scheduled the air conditioning inspection for June 28. The serviceman began his routine and about 15 minutes into the inspection the house started heating up and the fan on the outside unit stopped turning. At that point he said he was going to charge a service fee to troubleshoot the air conditioner which had been working fine until he started his inspection. We had the impression it was not a coincident that the problem started within mintues of his inspection and asked him to leave. We called another firm who found a "loose wire" on the condenser fan and had our unit running in no time. We fell like we purchased a maintenance checkup that we never received and only got stuck with a repair bill. Be warned!!!

Description of Work
HVAC Maintenance

07/15/2017

Pam F.

The workers are always very nice and very polite. They're good about cleaning up after themselves.

Description of Work
They did an annual inspection.

06/18/2017

Paul D.

Team arrived on time (including coming out on a holiday to fix initial policy). Company communicated well, technicians were very polite. Work appears to be well done (to the extent I have the ability to verify). Would definitely go with this company again for future needs.

Description of Work
Inspection of failed Central AC Unit. Short-term fix of capacitor and recharge of coolant. Then replacement of evaporator coil.

06/07/2017

Rhonda W.

They're coming out next week actually because I went ahead and signed up for a contract with them to do the twice a year check. I was very happy with their service.

Description of Work
They did a repair to our air conditioner.

04/27/2017

Jean Marie P.

Nick came out to our home and gave us a proposal that beat their competitor. Van, JR and Young were out when promised to install. The workmanship with the installation exceeded what I expected. Very organized, tidy and very professional. The company was concerned about safety also for which I am thankful. I have also spoken with Adina and Natalie who are very courteous, kind and professional.

Description of Work
3 ton Trane seer 16 condenser, 2 stage electric air handler, Aprilaire 5000 x 2 and Honeywell WiFi controlled thermostats X 2 installed.

03/20/2017

Glenn V.

Very pleased with service.. In the earlier service with parts replacements, techs have given me the option to choose OEM parts (with additional wait time and cost) or generic parts.

Description of Work
Routine HVAC maintenance checkup with addition of 1/2 lb Freon. In last 2 years, I've also had the AC capacitor and contact switch replaced.

01/25/2016

RORI V.

We have used Doctor Cool and Professor Heat for years, and have always been very happy with their service! they are knowledgeable, friendly, punctual, great communication, and don't mind talking about all your options instead of just pushing you to the higher bill items. We recently had Devon and Jake in to replace the furnaces, and they were able to give us options for addressing my complaint about how hot/cold various rooms were, skewed from rest of the house. They came back to install some dampers and balance our air, they were amazing and we will definitely be using Doctor Cool and Professor Heat for all our HVAC needs still!

Description of Work
we had a bad motor in our builder grade junk furnaces, so we replaced both furnaces instead of repairing it, and they had previously installed the condensors and Trane Clean Effects filtration system, and were able to get them all talking together (so the clean effects filter system only goes on when furnace motor runs, which they couldn't do with the builder units), and also installed some dampers and did air balancing

Priority Home Services

At Priority Home Services, our mission is to be the providers who bring back that personal touch with our customers! We offer multiple services, making it a one stop shop. Our trained and skilled team of professionals offer exceptional service and deliver lasting value to your home. Locally owned and operated, our customers are like our neighbors and we constantly strive for your satisfaction! Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Offers by Priority Home Services on Angi
    All States Service Pro - Houston

All States Service Pro is the largest and most popular home services company in the nation. All States Service Pro can help meet your needs with exceptional service at an affordable price. We are available 24/7 by phone and offer same day service seven days a week, so give us a call and book an appointment if you’re interested.

Offers by All States Service Pro - Houston on Angi
    Donald Duct & Steam Cleaning, Inc.

Donald Duct and Steam has more than 10 years experience of excellent service and top notch cleaning equipment. We are proud to give Houston and its surrounding areas great value Air Duct Cleaning, Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery cleaning, Dryer vent cleaning, Tile & Grout cleaning, Attic insulation & Cleaning and Water Damage Restoration services. Customer service is our main goal followed by our professionalism and integrity. We do offer 100% satisfaction guarantee to prove our customer loyalty. You can pay us by cash, credit card and checks. We are Bonded & Insured.

Offers by Donald Duct & Steam Cleaning, Inc. on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Air Conditioning and Heating Installs,Air Conditioning and Heating Repairs,Air Conditioning and Heating Replacement,Home Energy Audits,Duct Leakage Testing,Air Flow Balancing,Zoning Specialist,Indoor Air Quality Specialist,Whole Home Dehumidification,Ultra Violet Germicide Installation,System Performance Evaluation,Heat Max Calculations,Cool Max Calculations,Blown in Insulation,Blower Door Testing Whole House Infiltration Test,Manual J Heat Load Calulations,ACCU Balance Flow Hoods,Technicians NA