Appliance Repair Houston

Founded 1995 • With Angi since August 2007

3.7

781 Country Place Dr #2054

Houston, TX 77079

Appliance Repair Houston provides top-rated in-home appliance repair and service. Contact us today for local, appliance repair in Houston and surrounding areas up to a 50-mile radius. Our staff and technicians have up to 30 years of expertise. Not ready to book service yet? No pressure, reach

04/13/2022

Tim G.

Nice people but VERY bad at communication. Would not give me the estimate I was promised on Friday, Sat or Monday. And after telling me they service my brand of appliance on initial call, the final word on Tuesday was they couldn't service it after all, so I was out a lot of time and $65.

Description of Work
repair stove top vent

11/11/2020

Rhonda H.

Appliance Service Co. gave me a VERBAL estimate of $800 on 10/13/20 to repair my refrigerator. I cringed at the price, thinking it would be closer to $500 but I did agree to that verbal estimate and they agreed to order the part needed (a compressor). They stated they have been kept very busy repairing LG refrigerator compressors so I assumed they knew what they were doing. They got the part and scheduled the repair for 10/16/20. On 10/16/20, during the service call, I asked about the compressor's warranty. They told me the compressor came with a 1-year warranty but they could not provide me with anything in writing. Instead, they told me to just call them if I had problems. When the repair was complete they gave me their invoice, which was $939 -- well above what was estimated. What I didn't notice at the time was that the invoice they provided to me was backdated to 10/13/20. The backdating may have been because they use the same form for estimates and invoicing. Oct 13 is the day they SHOULD HAVE given the form to me as a written estimate but they did not. I was a little shocked at the amount but without doing the math I thought it may have been tax added. After they were gone I recalculated the bill using the $800 estimate plus 8.25% tax and determined the correct charge should have been $866. I phoned them and was promised they would investigate. On 10/19/20 Miriam sent me a new online "invoice/estimate", also backdated to 10/13/20, which itemized 5 things involved in the repair which totaled $868 plus tax for a total of $939 and I was asked to sign it. I refused to sign it and emailed my response that in my opinion providing an estimate "after the fact" and not providing written warranty information is a deceptive trade practice. I also advised her if we could not resolve the issue I would contact the BBB and my credit card company. On 10/26/20 Miriam responded with a NEW invoice/estimate, also backdated to 10/13/20, reducing the labor by 20% for a new total of $897. Again, I refused sign it and said I would pay the $800 plus applicable taxes for a total of $866 (their original verbal estimate) but no more than that. I was of the opinion that if they did as many LG compressor repairs as they claimed they should know how much it costs and be able to provide a meaningful WRITTEN estimate BEFORE the work is done. My last email to them was dated 10/30/20. I did not receive any response from them to that email. When my credit card statement arrived I saw they charged me the full $939 on 11/2/20. Today I disputed only the $73 overcharge. I paid them the $866 I believed I owed them. In the above ratings I rated "quality" n/a because I don't yet know about the quality of my repair. So far, my refrigerator is still working but it's only been about 1 month since it was repaired. I hope it will continue to work especially since they would not provide me with written proof of the 1-year warranty on the compressor AND their invoice (in very fine print) says their warranty is only 90 days, another misrepresentation. I really hope the compressor continues to work because I don't want them in my home at any time in the future considering what I believe are deceptive business practices. I do NOT recommend ever using this company.

Description of Work
Replace a refrigerator compressor

Category appliance repair

Ms. [Member Name Removed], We try hard to meet customer expectations. In some instances, we fail. However, part of our long-time success as a local, BBB accredited business in Houston comes from understanding and flexibility to resolve the matter at hand. I am sorry we were unable to provide 100% satisfaction. Refrigerator compressor repair is considered a major overhaul or rebuild, requiring senior level experience. The amount of $800.00 plus tax is the beginning baseline for this type of repair. The technician began repairs and required additional Freon due to extensive damage (only visible upon beginning repairs). The baseline estimate of $800.00 + tax totals $866.00. The final total, including additional materials, is $939.00. I extended a credit of $42.00 to resolve the issue; the customer declined. Our technicians perform quality repair work. Additionally, our pricing is competitive and reflects the actual market value of parts and labor. The incorrect warranty period noted on the invoice is in error. Your account reflects the agreed-upon one-year parts warranty period beginning on the repair, not the initial service visit date. Thank you, MM

04/23/2019

FRANCES B.

Went well. Needed a kitchen Vent a Hood repaired, because it was screeching very loudly. Called this company, and the young man (Joseph G.) that came out found that the blower motors had burned up in this 40 year old Appliance. He researched how to repair, and found that the original manufacturer no longer made repair parts for a unit this old. So he started looking for possible Motors to repair this Appliance, and finally found some that would work although they were not original parts as no longer available. So glad that he found them, because my only other alternative was to have this Appliance replaced at a cost of several thousand dollars, and probably a lot of sheetrock and other work in the kitchen to make one fit. While the new motors are a bit louder than the original parts, I am so glad to have this fixed and working again. Joseph kept me well informed during the process.

Description of Work
Vent a good repair

11/26/2017

JOHN E.

James G came and checked the oven. The part to repair it is no longer available. I was told that if I found one on the net he would charge $200 to install it which seems high. I'm going to look for the part on the net and try to install it myself. I paid $65.00 for the service call.

Description of Work
Wall oven repair

11/15/2010

Jesse J.

They were a "no show" and would not return telephone calls. Weird.

Description of Work
They were a "no show" and would not return telephone calls. Weird.

Category appliance repair

No service records found for the address listed.

06/16/2010

janet J.

Very punctual and proactive at follow up. I would use Steve again.

Description of Work
Steve came out and diagnosed my dishwasher problem (it was making a horrible thrashing sound). He took it apart and discovered broken glass was preventing the motor from working properly. Cleaned it out and problem fixed.

04/08/2010

Ginny B.

I called to make an appointment and the girl used a different company name then what appears on Angies List so I had to confirm they were the same company. She assured me they have trained technicians but that they were not associated with Maytag. I made an appointment for between 9-12. I explained I needed to make sure they could come by 12 because I had to go to the airport at 1:15. She assured me they would be there by twelve and that they would call first. No call....No show...

Description of Work
They never showed when they said they would and they never called the way they said they would. The name on Angie's List is not the name they go.

12/08/2009

BARBARA B.

Note that the phone number on the website that the Angie's List entry links to is different from the current number - they seem to have split into two companies, one for appliance repair and the other for A/C. I don't know which branch the Angie's List ratings are for, or how the new companies relate to the old one. If the only issue is that they were running late and the high ratings are really for the current appliance repair company, I'd give them another try, but not knowing if this is true I probably won't.

Description of Work
Scheduled repair time was between 8:30 and 10:30 which I was told was the first appt of the day. As of 11:00 a.m. I had not heard from anyone and did not wait any longer. They left a phone message ~11:30 a.m but I was no longer home at that time. If I'd known they were going to be there but were just running late I might have waited.

08/30/2007

Peter W.

The serviceman came on time but the fridge is still not cooling well. They are also not easy to get a hold of you call. I am only going to use them one more time to fix the job that they didn t do right the first time. I am only using them for that because I am not going to pay someone else to fix their mistake. I am not happy with their service.

Description of Work
The contractor repaired my refrigerator that was not cooling.

Category appliance repair

Review posted to incorrect business. We only service the Greater Houston area.

TSA Appliance Solutions

TSA Appliance Solutions is a Cypress-based appliance repair company, servicing major after-market home warranty companies and non-warranty customers. We started this business to provide a better customer experience for service work being performed. Our employees and technicians know the value and importance of customer service. Education, promptness, communication, and quality are the keys to raising the bar to provide the best customer service possible. Your satisfaction is OUR business! CURRENTLY OFFERING 15% OFF LABOR. All Covid-19 social distancing and cleanliness guidelines will remain in place for your safety and for the safety of our staff. We use Biospear bacteriostatic sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizers, which kill 99.99% of bacteria and provide bacteriostatic action on virtually any surface, preventing the further growth of bacteria.

Houston Village Appliance Repair

We specialize in appliance repair services. Dyer Appliance Repair Graduate onboard to get your appliances up and running like new at an affordable price. Give us a text or call today 832-405-3691. Houston Village Appliance Repair is family owned and operated we strive to reach growth by achieving customer satisfaction. We offer a 2 year warranty on all our work. We service all Houston Area.

Offers by Houston Village Appliance Repair  on Angi
    Uptown Appliance Repair

We are the Premier Appliance service provider with offices in Highland Park and Piney Point. We are A+ rated with the BBB and every service is backed by our 2 year break-free Warranty. We are run by a Baylor alumni & our goal is to offer our customers an Honest, Punctual, & Professional service. We service Sub-Zero, Scotsman, Miele, Bosch, Viking, Asko, Thermador, KitchenAid, Northland, Breeze Air, U-Line, & Dacor. We carry most essential parts in stock and offer Emergency service at no additional cost. Thank you for your consideration

2022 Super Service Award

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

We specialize in all refrigerator repairs, ranging from Maytag, Kenmore, Hotpoint, K-Aid, to Subzero repairs, Viking repairs, and True coolers or walk-ins. Whether you need a washer repair, washer and dryer repair, dryer or washer repair in Houston, dishwasher repair or oven repair you have found the right place. We specialize in all brands and models including Maytag repair, Maytag washer repair, Subzero repair, and LG washer repair and much more. Call 281-558-7250 for more details.

We do not work on small appliances.