DOUGLAS FOUNDATION REPAIR

Founded 1990 • With Angi since April 2009

12510 EDWARDS HOLLOW RUN

Austin, TX 78739

Douglas Foundation Repair specializes in concrete slab foundation repair and maintenance. DFR provides concrete raising and other foundation maintenance services. We install 3 types of piers based on many factors--SmartPiers(R), Steel Piers, and Helical Piers....

07/22/2020

Susan P.

I had used another company before them and work and recommendations were not done properly. Douglas however was excellent. They were very thorough and took time to review my situation. I would highly recommend them and I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They did some foundation work.

03/02/2017

connie R.

they did the job they were hired to do in one day

Description of Work
foundation repair and since it comes with a lifetime warranty. i wouldnt hire them again

11/17/2016

Chip W.

In a word, the experience was uneventful, which is the highest praise possible. The appraiser arrived on time, was knowledgeable, and gave me a quote before leaving. The scheduling was simple and straightforward. The work was planned for 2-3 weeks out. The office called and asked if they could come a week earlier than planned, which was great for us. The work was completed as requested. The site was left clean and tidy. I am very happy with this company.

Description of Work
I wanted to replace skirting that was about 60 years old.

09/28/2016

S D.

The company didn't feel my erosion issue constituted their time to bother with me. I find it interesting that they would take the customers word on the issue since they are supposed to be the experts. I would have been glad to pay a service fee because I fwas looking for guidance and trusted them. Now I'd be afraid to use them for fear their quality and integrity have been replaced by being dollar driven. So disappointing.

Description of Work
I needed someone to look at my foundation to determine how much erosion had occurred and to provide guidance on how much damage has been done and how to get the problem corrected. Basically I was curtly told in an email that my issue was erosion and my inquiry was being sent to someone who has never contacted me. It is unfortunate as I had such a high opinion of Douglas and it was years ago that I had him come out (still have the business card) so it is true that people remember and call back.

Category foundation repair

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us, and for contacting us for our advice. Our clients mean a lot to us, even when it is only for advice. We are always happy to provide information and guidance even when you need services we do not offer. In your form submission to our website on Wednesday September 07, 2016, you stated that you have noticed that the rains have washed away the top soil down to a level that you don't think is good. We explained that when there is an active erosion issue around a foundation it is much better for you to handle the issue immediately by adding topsoil with the proper grade for the water to drain away from your foundation. Our company does not do that type of work. Our company only does foundation repair by installing piers into the ground which was not stated as your issue. Since your drainage issue is not within our scope of work we can only advise you to either grade the top soil for proper drainage or call a qualified landscaping or drainage company which we did in our email to you. You are obviously a very conscientious homeowner that takes a proactive approach to solving problems on your property. Because of your diligence, you have the opportunity to correct your drainage issue quickly before damage is done to your foundation. Many people wait too long to correct this type of issue, and we admire and respect your approach. If you are noticing symptoms of foundation problems such as cracks in the drywall of your home, doors and windows sticking or not working, floors sloping or anything else. please don't hesitate to contact us and we'll be happy to set an appointment for an evaluation for you. Fortunately, it sounds like you will be able to correct the situation before it becomes a foundation issue. The most important thing to keep in mind is that water should drain away from the foundation. If any water runs towards the foundation or pools around it then that will eventually create issues that may need to be addressed in the future. I sincerely apologize if we did not meet your expectations in our communications with you. The next time you need help with a foundation issue I ask that you reach out to me personally and I will be happy to stop by. Sincerely, Douglas Plauche, Owner

07/27/2016

Melissa H.

Sorry it's taken so long to get this review done. The work was done on 9/15/14. The workers showed up on time and did a good job. I had several doors that were not closing correctly and all were corrected and still open and close as they should. Unfortunately I was at home recovering from foot surgery while the work was being done and do not recommend you be in the house while the work is done. A couple of times I thought the cabinets would come off the wall but all was fine (the kitchen area really had to be raised, I think 2"). Also these guys are not gardeners, they are house levelers and do a good job with that. If you have shrubbery or plants where they will be digging you want to keep, it is best you remove them and repot them temporarily, the put them back yourself. If I had not been recovering from foot surgery I would have done that as I lost a small shrub and rose bush. But in all fairness as I said they are not gardeners and the rose bush was old. There also was A LOT of dirt leftover that comes from under the house, so make plans on what to do with it before they start. I didn't realize it would be so much and they were trying to finish up and leave so I had them spread it out over part my lawn thinking the grass would grow back there. It has not and I need to resod the area. I had another area that is lower and water gathering when it rains, so I should have had them put it there. Hindsight. Overall I do give them an A, am pleased with work, and will use them again on another property I have that needs leveled.

Description of Work
House Leveled

09/19/2015

Tom P.

It went great. The contractor was not only on time, but early. For just inspecting my home and not charging anything for the service, he was extremely helpful. He made measurements of the home in various places, inspected the damage in the room and came to the conclusion that while there was flooding damage there was no evidence of foundation damage as well. Very friendly and courteous throughout the entire process. I'd consider Douglas Foundation for any problems I might have in the future.

Description of Work
Came to my house to inspect a recently flooded area of the house. There is obvious signs of water damage to the floor, but I wanted to make sure the foundation was not damaged as well.

Category foundation repair

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. A college professor once told me "if you're early, you're on time...if you're on time, you're late". We do our very best to not only be prompt and courteous, but early when we can. Of course, Austin traffic doesn't always make that the easiest task, but we do our best. It was a pleasure meeting you and working with you on this project. I hope you'll call us in the future if the need warrants.

04/13/2015

Sedley D.

Everything went well. They installed piers about half the perimeter of the house. One disapointment I had was that in order to install the piers they had to break through the concrete, and the new concrete they fill the holes with doesn't match the existing concrete and it's a bit messy around the edges.

Description of Work
installed concrete piers

Category foundation repair

Thanks, [removed member name]--sometimes to get the best access to the beam supporting your home, foundation repair must be done "through" existing concrete. Unfortunately, there is no way to match the concrete shading or texture from what was originally poured years ago. One solution to this problem may be to have your concrete sealed and stained using a concrete refinishing company, or have a thin layer of concrete poured over the entire area to cover the patch and make the surface evenly colored and smooth. Please give us a call if you have any additional questions! We were very pleased with the results of your project and appreciate your confidence in our abilities!

01/05/2015

Ron F.

The service went good, they were real good. I wasn't there, because it was at my daughter's house, but the workers were good. We had no complaints. They did a few little extra things like patched the cement in the walk way, and it wasn't their job, but they said they would. They were prompt every day. I would recommend them, and my daughter has also already recommended them.

Description of Work
I used Douglas Foundation Repair. They did the foundation. They raised up the whole house and did the levelling.

Category foundation repair

Thank you, ['member name removed] and thanks to your daughter, as well. Our crew enjoyed working with you and your daughter on the home. Your recommendation and confidence in our company are very much appreciated. If we can assist any further, please let us know!

12/31/2014

Debbie P.

Everything about the service provided by Douglas Foundation was excellent, from the initial inspection and evaluation, to the final engineer's report once the work was completed.

Description of Work
Douglas Foundation Repair leveled my 65 year old pier and beam house.

Category foundation repair

Thank you, [member name removed]--we appreciate your feedback and are here to help hiwever we can. It was a pleasure working with you on your home!!

12/23/2014

Laurie A.

They did interior repairs to my foundation. They were professional and clean. We had a lot of rain before so the place was muddy. They were on time at 8 every morning.

Description of Work
I used Douglas Foundation.

Category foundation repair

Thank you very much, (member name removed) ! We enjoyed meeting you and we're here for whatever you need, just give us a call.We appreciate the opportunity to repair your foundation and hope you have a terrific holiday season!

Alvarado Construction

Concrete construction work

Andy's Sprinkler Drainage & Lighting

Andy's Sprinkler, Drainage, and Lighting, founded in 1987, provides Sprinkler Repair & Maintenance, Outdoor Drainage Installation, and Low-Voltage Landscape Lighting services to home owners, property management groups, and commercial businesses. Our top priority is earning your trust through outstanding customer service provided by our honest, licensed professionals. Our technicians receive criminal background checks, receive extensive training (on top of their required state licensing), and we don't cut corners. If you want the job done right the first time, give Andy's a call today!

Offers by Andy's Sprinkler Drainage & Lighting on Angi
    Stuccowallexpert

We do Stucco repairs, Stucco paint and New stucco. - Wall maintenance, No matter what kind of wall you have, we can repair and give it a fresh look -Stone, Brick, Siding and EIFS - And beyond We repair and paint facia,soffit and if you desire or need outdoor kitchen, stone walls,we can help. Contact us and you will love our work and rates

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

FOUNDATION REPAIR & MUDJACKING, SPECIALIZING IN CONCRETE RESTORATION AND FOUNDATION REPAIR, SERVICE SLAB-ON-GRADE FOUNDATIONS, MUDJACKING SERVICE INCLUDES RAISING/LEVELING DRIVEWAYS, SIDEWALKS, POOL DECKS, ENTRY WAYS AND PATIOS. WE PROVIDE PROPERTY DRAINAGE SOLUTIONS INCLUDING FRENCH DRAINS, SURFACE DRAINS AND RE-GRADING SERVICE. WE INSTALL ROOT BARRIERS TO PROTECT FOUNDATIONS FROM ROOT DAMAGE.