Norman's Floorcovering Inc

Founded 1979 • With Angi since March 2006

900 Industrial Pkwy

Newberg, OR 97132

Additional DBA - Norman's Floorcovering. Additional contact name - Sandra Norman. CCB# 103259. Normans Floorcoverings is a family owned company established in 1979. During this time, we have helped thousands of homeowners beautify their homes with quality carpeting, tile, hardwood, window treatments, counters, cabinets, vinyl and more. Our friendly service and competitive prices will make your shopping experience fast, easy and fun. We work hard to ensure that you are completely satisified with your buying experience with us. We'll help you select floor covering that match you decor, lifestyle and price range. Once you make your selections we will measure your rooms and provide professional installation that enhances the beauty of your home. You can count on us to provide a supperior level of quality and service that has made Normans the floor coverings leader in the Newberg area for years....

04/06/2020

RICKY B.

We only needed to buy vinyl flooring material as we installed ourselves. But Tim from Norman's was prompt and came out and measured, and then followed up on our special order from the manufacturer. Also, reasonable upfront price even for materiel only purchase. It feels like some other dealers try to play around with the pricing based on doing the install themselves. Norman's was not like that at all. Will definitely use for future flooring and carpeting needs. They have quality products.

Description of Work
Luxury Vinyl Flooring material

09/26/2017

WENDY C.

Norman's was fantastic. We had gotten estimates from Home Depot and Empire but the Home Depot contractor said there might be sub-floor problems (turned out to be minimal) and would not even agree to come out until we ripped up the old floors ourselves and had any issues dealt with. It was clear they just want the easy jobs. Empire jacked up the estimate then gave us a phoney "discount" (don't fall for their 50/50/50 sale, it is a scam). We looked at their reviews on-line, 70% of which are two stars or less and decide not to go with them. Enter Norman's. The experience in their showroom was excellent. Everyone was helpful and knowledgeable. The business is family owned and the employees are all part of the family too. The process of getting the measurements done was equally good. Tim discussed any potential subfloor issues and said they could take of whatever was encountered. Delivery of the flooring and the install were timely and convenient. The actual install process was wonderful. Larry really knows his stuff and is willing to make the extra effort to give the best outcome possible. He found a small/medium area of sub-floor with damage and replaced it with a new piece, noticed that the old sub-floor squeaked because it had too few nails and used a pneumatic gun to nail down all 1000 square feet of it. He also found some lengthy ridges in the sub floor due to settling of the floor above the garage and sanded them down, 1/4 inch on one ridge and 1/8th on the other to make the floor smooth and level. The laying of the new flooring went beautifully. Tim originally gave an estimate of $15,000 due to uncertainty about what we would find on the sub floor. At the end of the job, the total bill was just a little over $12,000 even with the sanding, nailing and replacement piece mentioned above. After my experiences with Home Depot and Empire, I was very nervous about spending this much much and getting a quality job. Norman's has restored my faith in contractors. I will be calling them to do carpet and vinyl in the rest of the house.

Description of Work
Remove worn 1000 sq ft of engineered hardwood flooring and replace with laminate

12/11/2014

JOYCE O.

I had them tear out a bath and shower combo and just put in a regular shower. Their selection is excellent and they have a store that you can go to look on merchandise. The workmanship of the workers was just excellent.

Description of Work
I used Norman's Floorcovering to remodel my bathroom and they did an excellent job.

Category ceramic tile

12/11/2014

JOYCE O.

I recommended them to a friend. They were professional and they had excellent section and they advised me on the materials to use. They really have some top notch installers.

Description of Work
We had them installed a carpet and flooring.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

06/19/2014

Kathie C.

They were fantastic to work with. Tim made wonderful suggestions and provided feedback on products. I was toying with the idea of a composite drop in sink. Tim reduced the price and I am so happy I spent the little bit extra and got the sink I really wanted. The mosaic tile was also an upgrade from what I was originally going to chose but it really ties the kitchen together and makes a huge statement when you walk in the door. The installers Norman's used for the counter top and the back splash were polite and very professional. I appreciated the extra time and attention everyone gave this project. I wanted to use all local venders and we so very thankful I made that decision. We are hoping to start a bathroom remodel in the near future, Norman's will be my first stop!

Description of Work
Norman's provided the quartz counter tops, mosaic back splash and composite sink for my kitchen remodel. I chose to go with an upgraded quartz grout which took extra installation but so worth the decision.

08/16/2013

chuck & Sharon G.

Mr. Norman came out and measured our home and several days later he called with a new price quote which was at least $6,000.00 higher than expected. His comment was that we had priced quality products and we could look at lesser quality products and that would bring down the price some. That was insulting to me. He was telling us that we could not afford the product that we had originally picked out. That had noting to do with it. It had to do with the ole' bait and switch routine at least that is how we felt. So we told him no and he said that he told us he did not like to do estimates from blue prints. Then why did he do them? We did not force him to do the estimates from the blue prints he said well lets look at them. We had other carpet places tell us that they wouldn't look at the blue prints and we were fine with that we then set up an appointment. He became rude and the conversation went downhill and my husband told him were done and he hung up, we did not need to take his rudeness and snide remarks about going to a lesser quality product any longer. We immediately returned the samples we had to his store. The next morning bright and early the phone rings and it is Mr. Norman who tells us he lost sleep over how he lost his cool with us and he wanted to apologize. That was fine but we were done with him and his business. We told him that we were done and it was over. That we were going to go to Marion's Carpet and he once again became nasty and told us good luck with our remodel job. We said to him that we did not have any one to do our tile and counter top work and his reply to us was I don't piece meal out a job I do it all or nothing. We said well I guess we are done then. We told him that we had been told that on one of the product we were using that it could not be installed the way he said he could by the Marion installer and he told us that that guy had not been around the block like he had and that he didn't know what he was doing. The interesting thing is that several other installer also told us the same thing that Marion's staller told us about the installation. So glad we did not let Mr. Norman do the job it would have been done incorrectly. He also told us that Marion's doesn't have their own installers they are all subcontractors and when we asked if all the contractors he used for carpet and other types of flooring were his employees he said YES, we said so you pay them vacation, sick time, and health benefits and he YES. We spoke to one of the installers who does work for him when were looking for someone to install or kitchen and bathroom counter tops and backsplashes and he told us that he works as a sub contractor but not as an employee for Mr. Norman. He explained that none of the installers works for one company if they did then the company would have to put them on the payroll and they could not work for others and that isn't how it works. He continued to be argumentative and nasty on the phone and my husband said Gary we are done and his reply was well good luck with your remodel job. Our remodel turned out beautiful, our carpet is Karastan smart strand, exactly what we had picked out with Norma's Floorcoverings, the bathroom and kitchen ihas Armstrong Alterna exactly the same floor we picked out at Norman's and is beautiful. In fact we upgraded the laminate floor for one our extra bedrooms from what we had originally picked at Norman's it is better quality and beautiful. The tile and counter tops were done Scott Clayton also recommend by Marion's Carpet he did a beautiful job. We included glass tile in our bathrooms and kitchen to give it a splash of color and class this was also an up grade. All the installers and subcontractors who were recommended by Marion's carpets were professional and did high quality work. We could not be happier with our remodel and our new beautiful home.

Description of Work
He did not do any work for us. He quoted one price while in the store using our blue prints and we asked Mr. Gary Norman if this was a fair estimate using the products we selected for carpet and tiling product for the BR and kitchen floor and it was decided that we would estimate higher to make sure we have it covered. Knowing that we would have to come back and pick out the tile we would use in the kitchen and bathrooms that should have it covered as well. We set an appointment for Mr. Norman to come and measure our home.

10/20/2012

JIM B.

They didn't do the installation, I did it myself. I ordered the laminate flooring and since I had to special order it, I bought a little more than I initially thought I might need. As it turned out, I ended up with two unopened boxes. Every dealer I've ever done business with before on things like this would take back the unopened boxes of materials. When I took these back, I was told that the shipping and restocking fee wouldn't be worth giving me my money back. So I'm stuck with $115 worth of laminate flooring that I have no use for. I don't think I'll be buying any more flooring material from them. I really wanted to buy locally, but from now on I'll go to Home Depot or Loew's who will always take returns. Too bad, I prefer to support local business, but not if they do that.

Description of Work
I ordered and purchased some laminate flooring from them. They didn't do the installation.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

03/08/2012

JIM B.

No problem, but as I said, they didn't really perform any service, I just bought the product there.

Description of Work
I didn't have them install, I just bought laminated flooring from them. They had competitive prices and the people were nice to deal with.

02/18/2012

Rick R.

I have been satisfied with my experiences with Norman's Floorcovering Inc. They were very professional as they did the job. They were in and out quickly. They were very neat and cleaned up after themselves. They even took their shoes off when they came inside the house. I am willing to pay the extra money to get the great service. I will continue to use them in the future if needed.

Description of Work
I have used Norman's Floorcovering Inc. for carpet installation.

Category carpet installation

07/20/2011

Myra C.

Tim Norman was very knowledgable and helpful in helping me choose the type of carpeting. We were able to save quite alot by going with a carpet that Norman's had purchased quantity vs. a very similar but more expensive carpet. They were willing to work around our remodeling schedule for installation. The installers were prompt and professional.

Description of Work
Norman's replaced carpeting on my stairs, hallways, two bedrooms and loft (office). They pulled up and disposed of the old carpeting. The stairway required upholstered edges, which turned out very well.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor