Tiller Fence & Deck

Founded 1999 • With Angi since September 2009

Hello my name is Luke Tiller, owner of Tiller Fence and Deck. Thank you for your interest in our company. We sell and install the highest quality of fence, adding beauty and security for your home or business. We use only the best products available, and recycle all materials removed from the job. We demand the highest level of quality in materials and craftsmanship on every job, insuring are customers that they are getting the best. References are available at your request, along with pictures and info about our products. Tiller Fence is fully insured, licensed and bonded and carries workman’s comp for your protection. We guarantee all work with a one year warranty and provide competitive pricing along with military and senior citizen discounts. Our company services all of Oklahoma and gives free estimates. Remember, "You dream it, we build it," and thank you. We look forward to your call....

Whtie Cedar

+42 more images

fence company (155)driveway gate installation (22)decks & porches (18)iron work (7)hauling (7)awnings (4)deck cleaning (3)concrete repair (3)Patios (1)woodworking (1)screen repair (1)

01/19/2022

Lori R.

Luke Tiller responded within 24 hours, came out when scheduled and bid the job within a few days. He listened carefully and had suggestions to save money and make our project better. Matt and crew were skilled craftsmen with years of experience. Clearly cared about the work and made sure to address any concerns fully. Fence is beautiful, very well built. We would hire again and we fully recommend for quality fencing. Excellent results, exceeded our expectations.

Description of Work
Replace 210 linear feet of picket fence with 8 foot privacy fence, board on board with cap and trim.

Work Completed On 01/05/2022

Review for Tiller Fence & Deck - 2900 E Tecumseh Rd, Norman, OK - 39601700

09/15/2020

jeff T.

Work went great. Luke was very professional and explained what he had to do the fix the problem, He completely rebuilt the deck in a timely and professional manner, the deck looks great!!!

Description of Work
rebuild a incomplete deck

Category awnings, decks

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

Review for Tiller Fence & Deck - 2900 E Tecumseh Rd, Norman, OK - 38968306

08/21/2020

Marshall G.

It went well except material delivery was delayed for roof

Description of Work
Patio deck and roof

Category awnings, decks

Work Completed On 08/21/2020

06/02/2020

Wanda E.

The project went extremely well. Started on day 1 removing old fence and posts; day 2 new steel posts placed, finished job on day 3. Company personnel were professional, personable and diligent! The fence is beautiful and I could not be happier!

Description of Work
Replacement of approximately 150 linear feet of fence

Category awnings, fencing

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

Review for Tiller Fence & Deck - 2900 E Tecumseh Rd, Norman, OK - 38611544

04/24/2020

Austin C.

Fence looks good, one post was cut to short so there is a visible dip, not a huge issue. Was not the best at communication in trying to set up times and getting papers signed bid submitted that was needed by our HOA, but overall fence was completed in 2 days very quickly not sure if price was comparable. I will say no other fence company answered or responded to request to have a fence installed.

Description of Work
Black chain link Fence installed

Work Completed On 04/24/2020

04/23/2020

Denise S.

Everything went smooth. Pat, the estimator for the company, came out and we discussed what I wanted done, which was remove and replace existing wood fence with some wood posts being replaced with steel, and remove chain link fence. He gave me a quote and I accepted the quote and told him I wanted to hire. He said Luke, the owner, would contact me. He mentioned that they were about two weeks out from getting my work done. The next day or two, Luke sent me the contract, via email. I signed, scanned and returned it to him. Luke called me about 9 a.m. on Tuesday, about two weeks after Pat came out, and asked me if I was ready for his crew to come out to get the work done. The 2-man (brothers) crew came later that morning and began. By 5 p.m. they were done. I went out to check on them and they were starting to put their equipment in the truck and clean up. I was surprised they got done so quickly. For some reason, I was expecting they wouldn't get done until the next day. The new fence looks beautiful; much improvement over the old one. They did a wonderful job and you can tell they take pride in their work. I am so happy with this company and definitely would hire again should I need their services.

Description of Work
90' of existing wood fence replaced, 70' of chain link fence removed. Total price was $2,750.

Work Completed On 05/05/2020

Review for Tiller Fence & Deck - 2900 E Tecumseh Rd, Norman, OK - 38554118

04/14/2020

conni N.

Luke was friendly and approachable. He was patient with our additional add on items, we are now adding more fencing, staining and putting a large pergola on the front of our home. We are pleased with the product and would refer his work to others. We are not completely finished with the project but hopefully there will not be any issues going forward. It's hard to find reliable workmen in this town - coming from someone that just moved from out of state. The install was true to his original lead-time quoted and that's very important to me. His workmen were strong and cleaned up after themselves. This was not the cheapest quote - but you get what you paid for. We will keep Luke in our contacts for any future projects that fall under his scope of work.

Description of Work
Installed a new 8' fence and electric gate in driveway

Category awnings, fencing, driveway gates

Work Completed On 04/14/2020

Review for Tiller Fence & Deck - 2900 E Tecumseh Rd, Norman, OK - 38498582

04/02/2020

Leigh S.

The guys did an excellent job. The neighbors have all commented on how nice the fence looks.

Description of Work
Back yard fence, 6 ft. High. Basically the a very nice dog enclosure.

Category fencing, driveway gates

Work Completed On 04/02/2020

03/30/2020

Jessica P.

Contracted through Home Depot. Incorrectly installed gates and will not come to fix. Multiple attempts made to contact company. At one point we’re told sending a crew to fix... husband took day off work, no one showed. Horrible experience. Do not use!

Description of Work
4ft metal fence

Work Completed On 01/13/2020

This job was a total scam, customer wanted to keep his brand new fence and have home depot give him all his money back, around 6800.00 There was nothing wrong with his fence only minor issues with his gates. We offered him 900.00 back on the job for his gates since he was unhappy with the placement of the gates after he showed my salesman and installer were to put them. We did go to court and he was awarded 1100.00 to fix his gates which was from another fence company. I was glad to pay it. Some people are just not happy people I have to say. Wish I could post pictures here. I will put on face book and name them if anyone wants to see the truth. God bless.

03/11/2020

Allan S.

They have provided an estimate for us and the work is scheduled. I have found them to be both professional and responsive, responding quickly to my messages, often within a half an hour; A+ provider so far.

Description of Work
New construction, need to have a fence installed to divide property and protect items in back yard Fence will connect with neighbor on left side. Fence will be installed after concrete pad and storage building are installed. Looking for quotes at this point.

Work Completed On 03/11/2020

01/10/2020

Lee T.

Outstanding job. All work was done on time and on budget. Highly recommend Tiller Fence To anyone needing their project done right the first time.

Description of Work
Western cedar fence

Category fencing, driveway gates

Work Completed On 01/10/2020

Review for Tiller Fence & Deck - 2900 E Tecumseh Rd, Norman, OK - 38323294

Thank you [Member Name Removed] we appreciate your buisness. Have a blessed new year. Luke.

12/07/2019

Tanya S.

They worked quickly and efficiently and the fence looks great.

Description of Work
Backyard fence replacement

Work Completed On 11/11/2019

10/21/2019

Jeffrey G.

Never get my estimate sent replied to TILLER’s email and never got a reply or appearance from that point. Tiller didn’t follow up.

Description of Work
Fencing

Work Completed On 10/23/2019

We just did your measure today you will have an estimate by tomorrow. Thank you.

10/12/2019

Matt K.

Not sure where this company came from. The review process is the first time I’m seeing this business name. I’m sure I’d rather have done business with them. I was contacted by MT Construction, told that my contact info was given to them by Angies List. It. Has. Been. The. Worst. Experience. Ever. Worst service. Worst quality. Will never trust angieslist again.

Description of Work
Fence repair

Work Completed On 09/24/2019

Review for Tiller Fence & Deck - 2900 E Tecumseh Rd, Norman, OK - 38167267

Sorry for your bad experience. We have a lot of happy customers. I wish 80% of my customers from Angie's list gave reviews instead of 30% of them. Still it has been a great place to network and do buisness.

09/06/2019

Darrell L.

Luke was very responsive. He called me less than 5 hours after my placing a quote request. He came to the house that same day at an agreed upon time and was within 5 minutes of the time set. He was early by the way. He set me up with all the proper people I needed to contact to make sure all utility lines were marked by OKC standards. Once they came out to mark the lines I notified him and he set up a date for replacing the fence. He estimated this to be a two day job. His crew showed up the morning we agreed to and they knew we had pets who could be outside without the fence. They worked tirelessly all day and actually got the whole job completed same day, well ahead of schedule. Luke met me the following day to inspect the job and then make payment. The price for the job was fair and reasonable. He offered me many finance options that I did not require, but was nice to know were available. I would recommend Tiller Fencing to anyone for a quality job done right. Thank you Luke and crew.

Description of Work
We had our fencing replaced

Work Completed On 09/06/2019

07/05/2019

Heidi W.

Luke came out to look at the job and I got a quote the very next day. He was very nice and professional about what needed to be done. As soon as we could schedule it the guys showed up and had the old fence down and post up in one day, came back the next day and finished it up (even though it was a holiday). They were all very nice and polite and did a fantastic job on the fence. I absolutely love it! They cleaned up and hauled everything away. I would use them again and I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Had them put in a new fence with steel posts.

Work Completed On 07/05/2019

06/26/2019

pat R.

It was great! Luke came out to measure the length. Utilities came out and marked and the next day the crew arrived and removed the old fence and placed the new posts in concrete. It was very hot but they never complained. A couple of days later, they returned and finished the cedar fence. It looks fabulous! We are very pleased with it and would hire Tiller fence for any other fencing jobs that we might have.

Description of Work
About 100 feet of new fence and removal of old fence

Work Completed On 06/26/2019

05/28/2019

Sandra T.

They only build new decks. Do not repair an existing deck.

Description of Work
Replacement of skirt deck boards and cleaning, painting deck.

Category fencing, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 05/27/2019

Im sorrry but at this time we are not doing smaller deck repairs unless they are emergencies. This is our busiest time but would be more than happy to look at it in the slower season. I wish people would not give F reviews for work not completed. We try to be as honest as possible so we do not delay or mislead anyone.

06/18/2018

Judy G.

The project went very well, Tiller Fence and Deck were very responsive. They arrived on time and did exactly as planned. I would definitely recommend this company and would hire them again.

Description of Work
I needed a small black aluminum fence put in per my HOA to conceal my AC unit.

Work Completed On 05/05/2017

06/08/2018

Felicia V.

In December of 2017 I requested a quote from Tiller Fence Company. They came out and I showed them where our property line markers were located, showed them 3 trees on the property line and asked if we could replace an existing chain link fence on the property line with a cedar fence. I had the yard surveyed within the past two years because we were wanting a new fence but we wanted to make sure we neither lost the trees to the neighbor’s side of the fence nor had to cut the trees down. We told them we didn’t mind if the pickets had to be trimmed to accommodate the trees because they blocked the new apartments that had gone up behind us. We explained it was very important that we not lose the trees and we were assured there was plenty of room to put the fence in and keep them. The quote was a little more than we expected however so we put off getting the fence put in. In early March 2018 I touched base with Luke and told him we were ready to move forward with a modification to the quote. We had already installed one of the gates included in the first quote and we needed a new quote which he provided. We went over the importance of keeping the trees again and after being assured what we requested was doable, we agreed to the quote. When I got home the afternoon they started work, they had removed all of the chain link fence on the east side of our yard. They had also decided that replacing the fence on the west side of the yard would require cutting down the three trees we had specifically asked to save. There was some discussion about maybe giving the neighbors the smooth side of the fence to see if that would buy us the space needed but they said even doing that wouldn’t help. Because ½ of the existing fence was already down, the neighbors were having to garage their dogs and we were having to take ours out on leashes, we didn’t see any other alternative but to go ahead and have the trees cut down and the stumps ground. We used a contractor Luke recommended and that added $2,400 to the existing quote plus a couple of days delay while the tree removal guy came out. There were two men who worked on our fence, one was Matt and I don’t remember the name of the other person. Matt was very personable and a nice guy and the other guy was nice as well. The only real issues I had were their lack of communication and when they started putting the fence up on the east side of the yard they forgot the gate. Matt said he had forgotten it but he assured us it could be done at the end of the job. The gate was put in but we had to call and remind them after they finished the fence and they came out to do it a couple of days later. Also, when they were starting the job they asked how high off of the ground we wanted the fence or if we wanted it on the ground. We told them we didn’t want it touching the ground because we didn’t want the wood to rot. They said they would leave it about an inch off the ground. The first day I came home that they had started putting the actual pickets up, the bottom of the fence was touching in some spots but then 15 or so inches off the ground in other spots (high enough for three landscaping timbers to be stacked). Our yard slopes and I understand the need to accommodate that slope, but not being a professional fence installer, it’s not something I had considered so it was never discussed. When I expressed that my dog could easily get under the fence, Luke said he would have Matt stack landscaping timbers under the high parts (which he did except for one spot) for the cost of the landscaping timbers. The fence was finally “finished” around March 24th or 25th, I don’t know exactly when they came back to cut the gate because as was their habit, they just showed up, did it and left without letting us know and it’s not in an obvious spot that we see every day. Luke texted me on March 27th wanting final payment, he came by on March 30th to pick up the check. On April 15th we had a somewhat windy day and I noticed the fence on the west side (the side where they cut the trees down) was swaying. We watched closely because we were pretty sure the fence was going to come down. Thankfully it didn’t. I texted Luke that day and he never responded. So I had my husband call him from his work phone the following day and Luke answered. He said he would have Matt check it out. I texted Luke on April 24th (9 days later) and reminded him that someone was supposed to come out and asked him to let me know when he could get someone to come to the house. He responded “ok”. So, on April 25 I had my husband call him from a different number and he answered and again said Matt would come out to check it. Matt finally came out and said a couple of the steel posts were bent. We were told the steel poles used were too small and that Matt would come back to replace them. We had to call multiple times, text and even tell Luke in one voicemail that when the fence came down on our shed we were going to be discussing a whole new set of issues for him to deal with. On May 21st, Matt showed up about 6PM to replace the poles. He said he was going to try to dig holes to set new poles but he might hit where the trees we had to have cut and ground down were so he would have to talk to Luke to see what to do. Matt ended up just adding 3 much shorter poles, it looks kind of stupid and not at all professional but it’s not visible from our yard so at this point I’m not going to complain. What I AM going to complain about is that it took until June 6th to get the poles attached to the fence! It’s took over 50 days from when I first reported the problem to get the issue “kind of” resolved. That is a very long section of fence and I’m concerned that the other poles will bend the next time we get any wind. There are more issues that I won’t detail because they were more of a nuisance than anything else. I know there’s going to be an excuse for every failure I mentioned above but being a project manager, I have every email, text, phone call log and timeline of the project to prove what I’ve said. I also have pictures of the progress and what the fence looked like (leaning and swaying in the wind) on my side and what it looks like on my neighbors side (with tall bent posts and shorter unattached posts). We also have cameras monitoring our front and back yard so I have video footage of the progress as it happened. One of the things I learned is that no matter what, you MUST get any specifics (like the trees) in writing and on the quote. Had I done that, we would have stopped work the minute they said they had to take the trees down and they would have put the chain link fence they took out back up. I’m frustrated more than anything at the lack of communication and the refusal to return texts or phone calls. At first Luke answered the phone every time we called. After we identified problems we had to use phones Luke wasn’t familiar with (like work phones) to get him to answer our calls. We were also frustrated that even after providing all of the necessary information and explaining how important it was to keep the trees, we were assured they wouldn’t have to come down. We honestly would have just kept the existing chain link fence to keep the trees. The poles on the west side (the side that was leaning and swaying) are not evenly spaced like the rest of the fence because that’s where the trees were (even though we had the stumps ground) and because there was concrete under the chain link fence. The quote included tearing out and removal of the existing fence, which should have included doing whatever had to be done to get rid of the concrete that was part of the fence as well. Or at the very least, it should have been identified (it was clearly visible) when they were gathering information for the quote. We certainly would have paid for it. I would honestly think a professional fence installer who told me I had to cut the trees down and have the stumps ground down would know what else needed to be done in order to put poles where the trees used to be. It’s also frustrating that they didn’t use the correct size poles in the first place. I honestly believe the issue is that Luke has a contract with one of the home improvements giants and anytime someone buys a fence from them, they send it to Luke to install. He told us that’s where the majority of his business comes from. I believe the side jobs from people who hire him directly, like me, come second to his commitments to the big box store. To be fair, I will say that from our yard, the fence is beautiful and as long as it remains standing, it’s pretty much what we wanted (with the exception of having to take out the trees). I'm including pictures of it finished and how nice it looks along with pictures of the neighbors side with the bent poles and unevenly spaced poles as well. The ONLY reason we didn’t put the fence in ourselves is we thought if we had a professional take a look, told him exactly what we wanted, provided all of the relevant information, let him research and quote it, then hired him to do it, we wouldn’t have any problems. At $7,279 this was not a cheap fence (plus $2,400 for unexpected tree removal and $350 extra for landscaping timbers for a total of $10,029), we actually had quotes for significantly less but after talking to Luke we believed the quality would be worth it. We were charged and paid well for it and we never once complained about the cost, not even the extra money to cut down the trees and extra money to pay for landscaping timbers. We were willing to pay to have a nice fence installed correctly.

Description of Work
Fence installed

Work Completed On 06/07/2018

Review for Tiller Fence & Deck - 2900 E Tecumseh Rd, Norman, OK - 37138164

05/21/2018

Thomas R.

Called and left message. Received call back soon after and set time same day to get estimate. Guy came out and measured and discussed materials. Told me owner would get me estimate in a few days at most. Never heard from them again. Maybe busy time of year, maybe job too small, I don't know.

Description of Work
Replace 55 feet of fence.

Work Completed On 04/30/2018

Sorry you did not get the estimate. We email quotes to keep good track of them. I looked this up and it shows we sent you an estimate. Maybe the email was wrong. Please let us know if you need anything else. Have a blessed day.

05/03/2018

Jason P.

The fence itself is great. But there were three problems. 1. Upon arrival to the job, there was zero communication. They went in the backyard and went to work. When the job was finished, they left without saying anything to me. I wasn't at home during the first day of work, but I was at home for any other day. A day or two after the job was completed the man whom I assume is the owner of the company, Luke Tiller, came by to review the job with me. At the time, I was happy with the fence, and honestly didn't mind that the worker never communicated with me, until I discovered problem #2. 2. I went to water my backyard when I noticed my hose was detached from the sprinkler, and also detached from the faucet. I didn't to it. I had watered by backyard only a couple days before the fence job. I didn't think much of it and screwed the hose back onto the sprinkler and then tried to screw it back onto the faucet and noticed that the plastic female end had been broken off, as if they had ripped the hose from the faucet. There is no way they didn't realize what they had done, yet like I said, no communication to me about it. I sent an email to Luke. I didn't want compensation for the hose. I just said I would have appreciated it if I had gotten some kind of communication about it. Luke apologized and said he'd let his guys know. 3. Just today, I received a notice by Oklahoma City that I am in violation for building a fence without a permit. I asked Luke about it. He said they don't pull permits. This is the first contractor I've worked with that doesn't pull permits, so, this came a as a surprise. So, just be aware that if you use this contractor, you will have to file for construction permits yourself. If you don't pull permits, at least let your customers know that up front, so they'll know to pull the permits themselves. Now I just have to hope that my permit will be approved, and I won't have to get the fence torn down and be $2412 out of pocket.

Description of Work
I had a chain link fence pulled out and replaced with a wooden privacy fence. (90 ft total length)

Work Completed On 04/19/2018