TISCHBEIN CO INC

Founded 1948 • With Angi since November 2002

5690 THOMARIDGE CRT

Cincinnati, OH 45248

Tischbein CO INC has all your drain pipe needs covered. If you have standing water in your yard or are in need of a down spout to pull water away from the house, this is the company you should call. They are an owner operated family business. Licensed Sewer Tapper with Metropolitan Sewer District (MSD)...

05/13/2022

Shari S.

Great! Brent and his team are so professional and courteous of all of our property. They put all landscaping back beautifully. Sorry to see them finish as they were so easy to work with.

Description of Work
Sump pump and new drainage pipes

Category wells, drain pipe, hardscaping

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate the business. You and your husband were great to work with on this project. I’m glad you were happy with everything. We aim to please. Thanks Again Brent Tischbein

08/20/2018

Tom and De W.

I went well. Two gentlemen found the clog using two cameras. They cleaned the underground drainpipe and put it all back together. There was a slight problem in one of ther connections that had to be resolved the next day but everything has worked fine since.

Description of Work
Unclogged downspout

Category drain pipe, drain cleaning

12/12/2017

Sylvia J.

Phil Tischbein and Brent were both very professional and pleasant to work with; they work was all performed very carefully, and as planned. They were highly recommended by someone I know through a business relationship who had used their services. Prior to the appointment for cleaning and scoping the sewer drains, they did not charge me for considerable time spent in looking over the home diagnostically for considerations of some drainpipe (off downspouts) redirection work, general diagnostics from walking around the yard that preceded the actual sewer line cleaning and scoping, and cleaning of the trap in the basement. They offered me a couple of proposals for possible ways of handling the downspout/drainpipe issue (too many downspouts apparently being directed toward the inside of the house, through the interior drains or improperly draining to the outside, rather than draining directly outside at a distance from the house). The actual scoping and cleaning of the drains showed the network of piping to be slightly different than originally thought, so some of the drainpipe redirection work is being reconsidered. I also opted to postpone one particular project because of other work planned on the same side of the house that would have involved the drainpipe work, and will reconsider after this other work is completed. In addition, I was given some helpful suggestions regarding improvement of my driveway drain, their solution being an equally suitable and simpler alternative to an idea provided by another contractor. Following the diagnostic & cleaning, Brent kindly drew me a diagram/map of the drainpipe directions and flow, where they drain, and which run through the house (or not). The detail is being provided essentially to communicate that they are very patient and careful in the way that they work with a homeowner, and did not encourage additional work that was either unnecessary, or premature given other projects. My experience thus far has been that they will take the time to diagnose the situation carefully and work out a solution that is agreeable to you as a homeowner, and that takes your priorities into account. It did take a little longer than I might have wanted to have the diagnostic completed, but they were very busy at the time I scheduled initially, and I was very happy with the work completed. They are very thorough, careful, trustworthy and have the kind of extensive experience in doing this work that was important for me, and I think is of value to many homeowners.

Description of Work
I needed to have drainage around the exterior of the home assessed for problems and solutions. I also needed to have the sewers and exterior drains scoped & cleaned, and to have a sewer trap in the basement cleaned out.

Category sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Hi [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate your kind words and positive review. We are always grateful for the opportunity to help with solving your Drainage issues and hope that if you need anything in the future you will contact Tischbein Company. Thanks Again Brent

09/18/2017

Tim D.

All work was done by hand. This company was extremely prompt, professional. and just knew what they were doing. Nice friendly workers. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Our gutter downspout was plugged up because underground pipes were clogged. We had new underground pipes installed as well as a clean out to flush pipes periodically.

Category drain pipe

[Member Name Removed]. Thanks for the kind words and the nice review. We try to meet or exceed our customers expectations as much as we can. I'm glad we could get your problem fixed. Thanks Brent Tischbein

08/04/2017

Jean M.

Went very well. They fixed the initial break and then discovered 2 additional breaks that needed to be repaired to correct the problem.

Description of Work
Stormwater clay pipe drain to the street was broken in multiple places

Category drain pipe

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate the work, review, and kind rating. Glad we were able to get out and get your problem taken care of in a timely manner.

04/28/2017

linda C.

Owner & 3 guys showed up. Video was done first. Located problem areas. Hand dug down to pipe, which I appreciated because I have irrigation lines throughout the yard & lots of landscaping. They made very little mess. The one clog was a few feet from my inground pool & no mess got in the pool. Dug up the grass in sod squares so it could be relaid back down. Finished the one clog & separated pipe today. They put in clean out leads to make it easy to access pipes later if necessary. Will come back next week to work on more of the list of items that needs to be done. They made sure to show me what was happening throughout process. They seem very knowledgeable in drainage areas & his suggestions made sense to me.......other companies I had talked to earlier wanted to waterproof my basement, add more sump pumps, add drain lines inside, none of which I felt was fixing the cause of problem.

Description of Work
Roto Rooter had failed to clean out a clogged downspout drain. Tischbein videod the East downspout line & rear downspout that had been backing up. They found a clog 1 foot down, another area 20 ft away where line was separated, & another place by sidewalk where separated. We also discussed overflowT's, & 3 landscape drains to eleveate water flooding around pool eqpt & window well. The underground downspout pipes will be extended above ground to keep mulch from going in them. He is also going to video west side downspout line, extend height of metal window well with sheet metal.

09/13/2016

Cindy M.

called to make an appointment and never returned my call.

Description of Work
yard and foundation drainage

Category drain pipe

[Member Name Removed], I apologize for not returning your call. It was not purposeful. We are a small family owned company and do our best to service our customers to the best of our ability as you can tell by our reviews. At times it can be a bit overwhelming to answer all the calls, provide estimates and perform the installations ourselves. We are all human and make mistakes. I'm sure this was just a case of your name and phone number being misplaced. Once again we apologize for dropping the ball and missing the opportunity to work together. Sincerely Brent Tischbein

08/09/2016

Jack B.

Tischbein used a video scope to check all drains. This included the drains for the downspouts, external floor drain and also checked the weeping tile at the base of the foundation. They were quite thorough, took time to explain their findings and identified potential solution to the backyard water problem. We are very pleased with their service, attention to detail and willingness to answer all of our questions. We would recommend the company.

Description of Work
We had an issue with water in our backyard. We called Tischbein Co to check our external drain system to make sure the water was not from plugged or damaged drains.

10/20/2015

SCOTT J.

everything went smooth as silk - Father and son combo came out about two weeks after I initially talked to them - took pictures on my phone and texted them ahead of time the problem that I had - Looking to co some driveway work but I had an area that was exposed and the asphalt guy discovered a broken pipe in the exposed area - told me we need to get it fixed before he could do the asphalt work - The father and son duo were extremely friendly - They expressed what they could do (sounded expensive) and then we looked at the other side of my building to see how that downspout was operating - we came up with a better idea (cheaper as well) and the guys got busy and fixed the problem these guys are easy to work with and have a good attitude - would certainly use their services in the future

Description of Work
came out and lasered my downspout to see what EXACT pipe was cracked in half - found the pipe location (where it was coming from off my building) - discussed how to correct and the problem was solved

Category plumbing, drain pipe

08/08/2015

Doug B.

Everyone is nice and professional when things go perfectly. But you really see what people are made of when things don't go so perfectly. Through no fault or negligence on their part, just weird bad luck, they slightly damaged my driveway. We talked things through, they came back out to see the damage, and did what they had to, to make things right. They were calm, courteous, and professional throughout the discussions. These are good guys.

Description of Work
augured out a sewer drain blocked by tree roots

Category plumbing, drain pipe, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Mr. [Removed member name] had a ton of roots in his sewer. After a few hours of cutting them out we were able to get his sewer functioning well. We video inspected the sewer and showed him the results upon completion. He was happy to see that we were able to clear the roots. Unfortunately his driveway must have not been able to support our pickup truck and the tire left a little damage. We were able to work out an amicable solution that we were both comfortable with. Thanks for the work Doug and thanks for the nice review. Sincerely Brent Tischbein

01/17/2015

susan W.

got all of the debris out. The next time it rained the drain performed like it should and no overflow into the garage. The job only took a day , and they were prompt and courteous. We have an older home (1939) and I feel very confident about them being able to handle any problem that should arise.

Description of Work
cleaned out a main drain that was clogged and overflowing into the garage

Category drain pipe

We are glad we were able to get her catch basin and drain line functioning without any major repair work. It's always nice when you are able to put something back to working order without having to dig the yard up. Thanks again for the kind words Brent Tischbein

08/07/2014

Betty E.

Had everything done in one day. Stayed until main sewer drain was clear to street. Arrived when they said they would, and called to let me know they were on their way. Very courteous and professional. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Cleaned out all downspout drains, cleaned out basement floor drain, cleared main sewer drain to street, put clean out traps on drains and cleaned out drain by basement door.

Category plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

[Member name removed] was great to work with as well. She took the time to walk around and show us all the drainage issues she was experiencing along with a few other issues. We look forward to working with her on a few other projects in the future. Thanks Again Brent Tischbein

07/19/2014

Margaret S.

The initial objectives was to outline a plan for creating an external trench to stop the water seepage into my basement. However upon the home inspection, Phil and Brent determined that just doing the external trenching would not fix my overall leaking basement walls and that I really needed to get a proposal from a basement water proofing company. The additional service that they provided was to inspect the external drains with visual optics the two outside, and the internal stand pipe. Though intact and not broken, each were moderately clogged, which they vacuumed, removing chunks of concrete stones and gravel and sediment. Now, when I obtain the services for water proofing the walls, I have the documentation that the property has a combination sewer to which the water proofing company can tie into. Both Phil and Brent did a great job, careful, methodical, and skilled. They answered all my questions so that I understood the issues and could make informed decisions.

Description of Work
Checked the drain pipes, external and internal and cleared gravel, stones, and setiment.

06/20/2014

Tom W.

I called three other companies that were super service award winners and rated A and all three made appointments to come look at my job within 2 to 3 business days of when I called them. I do not have an opinion regarding their work because they could not even come out timely and give me an estimate. I asked how many employees they had and was told 3 employees. He said they were backed up due to all the rain we were having.

Description of Work
Provider did not do any work. I called to get an estimate but was told by Mr. Tischbein that they were so busy that he could not even come out to give me an estimate for about 4 weeks. That means it would take much longer to complete the work.

Category drain pipe

I have to say that getting a "C" rating for being busy is a new one for me. We are a small family owned business that takes pride in our work and workmanship. Which is why we look at and install our drainage solutions personally. We do not have a salesman dedicated to looking at jobs at the memebrs beck and call. We perform the installations so when it is nice out we are trying to get jobs done. We schedule our jobs to look at around our installations. Most people like to use us because we are the ones that look at and discuss the drainage problem initially and we are the same ones that come back and fix the drainage problem. Most people are understanding of our choice to continue to perform our own installations and will wait or won't, but do not give us a "C" rating for being to busy to get to them in the time frame they demand like the member. We work very hard at doing a great job for our customers. I think if the member would have worked with us he would have found that out as well.

06/19/2014

Grant L.

They had specific equipment that we needed to locate the blockages and clear them.

Description of Work
We used TISCHBEIN CO INC to clean the drainpipe and fix it. They found the blockages in the drainpipe, figured out where the drainpipe lead to, cleared the blockages and made the drainpipe more efficient so it would drain better.

09/27/2013

JOSEPH K.

They were wonderful, reasonably priced, were very pleasant and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They figured out that where all the issues were in our drainage system and fixed them.

Category plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

Using our video inspection service we were able to pinpoint and locate specific problems. We then fixed those problems and saved the home owners a lot of money should they have had to replace the entire drainage system. Thanks again for choosing the Tischbein Company for your drainage solutions.

08/28/2013

Thomas R.

Phil and Brent were meticulous in maintaining the integrity of our yard. They could have easily removed two parts of the sidewalk and laid pipe but instead they carefully pushed the new pipe under the sidewalk. All dirt excavated was placed on tarps and as they filled in the pipes, they used the dirt from the tarps and after lifting the tarp, they raked the grass. They picked up every evening when they left. Several decisions had to be made and their input was appreciated. If I ever need to resolve any drainage problems, I will call them without hesitation.

Description of Work
Provide drainage around the house on three sides. Provide 5 drains in the back yard. Connect downspouts and sump pipes to drainage pipes.

Category plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

Mr. and Mrs. [member name removed] were wonderful to work with throughout the drainage project. They were understanding of some of the weather constraints we encountered during the project as well. Mrs. [member name removed] even made us some delicious bake goods. It was a pleasure working with them. Thanks again for choosing the Tischbein Company for your drainage project.

07/21/2013

FRED C.

Proposal received to replace 240 feet of downspout drainage pipe from 5 downspouts to back of yard. Straight forward paths that did not require crossing any driveways/sidewalks, nor connection to street area. Proposal rejected due to cost ($5,245), which was 2.5 times the eventual cost ($2,025).

Description of Work
Downspout drainage replacement

Category drain pipe

The proposal required crossing the homeowner's underground utilities by hand and included video inspection of some existing pipes which was not mentioned in the review. We were also going to tunnel under a specific root in order not to damage a Locust tree. I am sure the contractor (member name removed) used did not do any of those things. I can't speak to the job he received, but I am confident that he did not receive the workmanship or the job he would have received with the Tischbein Company. If you are looking for the cheapest contractor you can find to perform work on your home that is your choice. Tischbein Company is in the business of performing a high quality installation for what we believe is a fair price. We appreciate the opportunity and wish (member name removed) luck with the work he had performed. Thanks Brent Tischbein

04/15/2013

Angela R.

We recently bought a home that had been vacant for years. We noticed water coming up in the basement, and used our own auger to try and clear the sewer line. The cable got stuck in the sewer line. I called Tischbein to see if they could do a video of the line to see what it was stuck on, fearing the entire thing had collapsed as there are 3 large, old trees in the front yard. They came out and did video of the line which revealed a TON of roots, but no damage. They got the stuck cable out and used 3 different sized cables/cutters to get the roots cleared. They had everything they needed to get the job done. I called several other companies before deciding on Tischbein, and the fact that they specialize in sewer issues, not general plumbing made all the difference. My only complaint is that I was given a $25 Angie's list discount, not the 10% discount advertised.

Description of Work
They cleared my sewer line of roots and removed an auger that had become tangled in the roots.

Category drain pipe, sewer cleaning

[member name removed], We appreciate the opportunity to perform the sewer cleaning work for you. I apologize for the miscommunication on the 10% discount. I contacted Angie's list in regards to that advertisement and they indicated there was a lack of communication on their part on the ad. They are taking steps to correct that now. We were unaware that the ad they had placed had stated anything about a 10% discount. Thanks again for the work and sorry for the confusion. Sincerely, Brent Tischbein

02/07/2013

Sandra F.

Everything went very well. They connected the downspouts to pipe under the the ground and ran them to the edge of the property. They also put in a drain at the end of the driveway apron for the run-off from my neighboir's property. They then seeded the areas where they put in the drain pipes. They were very efficient and got the work done quickly. I was extremely happy with the work they did.

Description of Work
Putting in Drain and Underground Piping

Category drain pipe

We appreciate the positive review. You and your daughter were great to work with through out the job. Thanks again for choosing the Tischbein company for your drainage solution. Sincerely, Brent Tischbein

01/07/2013

PAUL Z.

The crew arrived around 8:30 a.m., cut my sod, excavated for the the drainage pipe, installed the pipe and three drains and also filled open areas on the foundation with mortar. They re-laid the sod that they had cut. My side yard barely looked disturbed. To date I have had not problems with water entering the foundation. Phil Tischbein and all members of his crew worked hard and were were very professional.

Description of Work
Installed approximately 50 ft of drainage piping and three surface drains on one side of my home and created a slope away from the house to solve a problem I was having with water entering at the top of my foundation and into my basement.

Category drain pipe

Thank you for the complimentary review. I am glad to hear the sod came back up well and you are no longer getting water in the basement. Thanks Brent Tischbein

12/19/2012

Mary G.

This was at my rental property in another city so I met them on a Saturday morning after a 2 hour drive for me. They had already started when I pulled up which was perfectly fine with me because I didn't know how long this was going to take and I knew I had a 2 hour drive back home. They had basically figured out the problem and so explained everything to me in detail, helping me with advice for things that they wouldn't normally take care of but because of their years of experience they knew what they were talking about. It was a father/son team. They told me what their next steps would be and I was able to take care of some errands in the city. They called me when they were about finished. It looked great when I came back - you couldn't tell there had been a hole in the ground. The grass was back in place and the area around it was cleaned up. They made a suggestion to me to contact my township to see if there could be anything done about a problem I still had. I did that and followed up with them by email. The son was very responsive and wanted to help me solve the problem. I have kept in touch with him by email. Also, I called him later that same day that they did the job because I realized I didn't have enough in my bank account to cover the check I wrote them and he called me right back and agreed to not cash my check for a week. He was very nice about it.

Description of Work
There was a pretty deep hole in my front yard and I had an idea why from talking with a neighbor. Tischbein would be digging up the area to confirm that the drainage pipes had broken and replace them. They also cleaned out the pipes from the gutter/drain spout at the corner of the house thru to the street where it came out.

Category drain pipe

We appreciate your kind words and we are glad that you were pleased with our service. Hopefully we won't need to perform any additional repairs at the property, but we will be hear if you need us. Thanks Brent Tischbein

05/21/2012

Denis L.

Had a sinkhole forming in my yard from a known drain pipe break, so called several firms asking for their help. All of them talked about replacing the entire line from known start (sump pump) to storm drain, at cost of $2000+. Tischbien's came out and offered to scope drain for a few hundred dollars, then offer catered solutions. As the evidence of the break was obvious, I had strong doubts about the benefits of scoping the drain system (what more would it give me when we know there is a problem) - and I feared I'd be paying the $2000 + the cost of the scoping. Still, decided to give it a shot. Scoping was dependent on the weather forecast and the rest of their workload (after 2011 rains they had a substantial backlog of similar fixes). Still, they kept in touch and gave me a few days heads up, counseling that it would be easier if I were present to see what they saw, so we could work up plan that fit my budget / timeline / goals. Scope showed that the pipe was undamaged leading up to just downstream, of the known problem, so it became a much quicker / easier fix than first suspected. They replaced the damaged section (including carefully threading pipe under the sidewalk so it could be preserved) in just a few hours. Finished up by resetting the sod and watering / tamping thoroughly. Within a few weeks you'd have to know where to look to see the area in question. In all of this, they were friendly and respectful to my wife and two year old son (who was fascinated by the truck and all of the equipment) - a good family team treating my family like they would their own. They identified other areas of concern (another break in back yard) and noted its location, but also said problem shouldn't grow for a long time to come, and could likely be fixed by me if I really wanted to do it. Would strongly recommend them, and the scoping really helped to focus the repairs. I had my doubts but have to give them all the credit for knowing the right thing to do and sticking to their guns in a polite, professional way.

Description of Work
Camera scoping of existing sump pump to storm drain pipe in yard to identify breaks / problems, then replacing approximately 10 ft of damaged PVC pipe.

05/01/2012

Marvin F.

They did a fine job. They did everything that they promised, and they did it thoroughly and punctually. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They cleaned out and provided maintentace for sewers.

Category drain cleaning

02/09/2012

Henry S.

Phil and Brent both came out to the site and worked with me on inspecting the lines, determining the needs to complete the job (power and water needs), and returned to complete the work. Very professional on both visits and explained the process when I had questions. Phil contacted me on a number of occasions to confirm appointment dates and times.

Description of Work
Had Tischbein scheduled to come to a renovation property to inspect and clean sewer lines. They were instructed to inspect (camera) lines for downspouts and sewer and clean out the lines if needed.

Category sewer cleaning