Earl B Feiden Appliance

Founded 1926 • With Angi since June 2007

3.9

661 BROADWAY

Kingston, NY 12401

Family owned and operated since 1926; now operating in our fourth generation, and offering the best in home appliances at the best price. We sell nearly every brand of major appliances on the market, and operate one of the largest service departments in upstate New York. Servicing every appliance

06/17/2022

Allae D.

Alex was our technician, and we couldn't have been more pleased with his services for us. The unit was difficult to replace a part with an Alex solved a problem with humor and patience with so appreciate him thank you so much Earl Feiden

Description of Work
Repair on an LG

09/21/2018

Mark C.

I needed to repair my Bosch dishwasher, so I called Bosch and was told that Earl Feiden's was the only authorized service place in my area. I had to wait 3 weeks for an appointment. They finally came to my house and allegedly fixed the dishwasher but about 1 month later I notice it was still leaking. By this time, the wood flooring under the machine had started to rot. I now had to wait another 3 weeks for an appointment. They came back and told me I needed a part from Bosch and they would let me know how much it would cost. I didn't hear from them so I called once a week for the next 3 weeks and they still had no answer for me. Ultimately, I bought a new dishwasher. They were unqualified, uncooperative, incompetent and didn't seem to care. This was the worst appliance repair experience I ever had.

Description of Work
dishwasher repair

08/31/2017

Susan L.

It was a standard price for a 6000 BTU. The pricing is average.

Description of Work
We purchased air conditioners from them.

Category appliance sales

09/29/2016

Barbara J.

The appliances were delivered and installed when they said they would be. After having them for 4 months I noticed that there were chips in the enamel in the oven. Since I had barely used the oven and certainly didn't have anything in it that would chip the enamel, I called GE and was told by my "Consumer Advocate" that it was a cosmetic issue and wasn't covered under the warranty. However for an additional $1,062 they would send me a new one. After telling my "Consumer Advocate" that GE should be ashamed of itself, I called Feiden's and spoke to Bradley Feiden. After a few days my "Consumer Advocate" called me and informed me that GE would replace the range at no charge to us. To make a long story short, the new range was delivered today. Dave and John (the installers) were awesome. I would hightly recommend Feiden's and will use them again. Dave, John, Erik (our sales person), and Bradley rock!!

Description of Work
We had a new kitchen put in and I got appliance bids from 3 different places. Feiden's had the best price for the applicances I wanted.

04/27/2016

Roger G.

Description of Work
Ordered new appliances. He quoted me an acceptable price then I found out that I would have to pay $200 more than the quote then wait for a $200 rebate gift card, which took five months to arrive.

04/27/2016

David C.

Description of Work
Replaced a fan motor in the refrigerator.Very nice attitude and very professional.

03/12/2016

cheryl P.

Two repairman, Rocky and Dan, came to my house on 3/7/16 - they were sent by Maytag to confirm the refrigerator was not fixable. The lead technician, Rocky, looked at the repair history (10 repairs in under 3 years) and went to look at the refrigerator. He took out all the shelves, the crisper drawers and unit, he removed the top part of the refrigerator, and the back wall Rocky saud the fan is broke. My husband told me the fan was replaced (or attempted to be replaced) but the wires were corroded. Rocky said he had to order the part and would put the refrigerator pieces on our back deck until he came back. My husband said no, please put it back together, if any of the pieces get damaged I will be responsible. Rocky then became angry, and said we would not get a new refrigerator, he would fix it if it took him months! My husband came and told me what happened. I asked Rocky if he was saying the refrigerator was now fixable because he was angry about putting the parts back together he said It?s a challenge. I said it?s a challenge living with a refrigerator that breaks every couple of months and throwing food away and he just repeated it?s a challenge. At that point, I walked away to call Earl B Feiden Appliance repair to complain. I was put through to a manager and told him what happened and he stated Rocky is the best, he is a savant with cooling, he was the best in the area. I replied that his customer service was bad and he was basically taking his anger out on us because he was asked to put the refrigerator back together and the manager repeated what a good tech he was and that was why they also sent Dan ? to smooth things over. He also said sometimes parts were damaged when they are taken apart and put back together multiple times and that may be why Rocky wanted to leave the refrigerator disassembled. I replied they were more apt to be damaged if left outside on a deck. After we hung up, I called back and asked if they could send a different person for the repair as I was not comfortable with Rocky?s anger. He said no, he had to send Rocky, he was the best technician in the area.

Description of Work
came to provide a 2nd opinion

11/27/2015

Janet & Mark G.

Description of Work
We have bought 5 new appliances for a house upstate. We got good deals and prompt delivery and installation on all except the dishwasher, which we opted to have our own plumber install.

11/20/2014

David M.

I had purchased the ignitors from my propane company but the installer did not know how to install them. I called Feiden to install the ignitors. Mike came and showed me that the oven burners had holes in them and that I should not use the stove until both the ignitors and the burners were replaced. He came back a few days later and changed everything including the oven metal bottom which had warped over time and was not distributing the flame correctly. For $650 I have a brand new Viking stove. Mike came on his scheduled time, called me before his arrival, was very clean and polite and very knowledgeable about Viking stoves. Feiden is great!

Description of Work
Repaired my 15 year old Viking stove because oven ignitors were not working properly.

11/09/2014

James J.

Unable to repair after three $125 service calls. Service person on first tow calls had atrocious body odor. It was so bad that we had to open doors and windows and turn on exhaust fans. He showed up at 7pm for a scheduled 3pm call. We spoke with Feiden's service manager before the third call, and were told repeatedly that he would "work something out" so we wouldn't be charged another $125 service call. When service guy showed up, he could only tell us he had no such instructions, and the call would be another $125. After he spoke with the boss, we told him to turn around and leave. We used to buy our appliances at Feiden's so that we could use their service. No longer. We replaced our refrigerator and washer dryer in the last two years at Lowes, and the service on these has been remarkably better.

Description of Work
Attempted to fix a 5 year old Kitchenaid dishwasher (for the third time).

09/01/2014

Susan B.

I'd used Feiden's for years for appliances for my home and a rental apartment and recommended them to family and friends. I believe the business was bought out a few years ago. When I was in to buy the above mentioned appliances in 2010, I found the staff to be disinterested and unprofessional. There was none of the thoughtful attention from past years. And my super Bosch washer now only functions on 2 cycles. I love my Bosch dishwasher but will never risk buying a Bosch appliance again. Also, my daughter bought a similar Bosch washer and drier at the same time I did. Both have broken several times.

Description of Work
Feiden's repaired a very expensive front load Bosch clothes washer which I had purchased at Feiden along with a dish washer and refrigerator in Feb, 2010. In Nov, 2012, the washer stopped working. This was about 8 months after the warrantee ran out. Feiden would not intervene w Bosch. In fact it required several calls to Feiden to get any response at all. Their first repairman worked on the machine, shoved a 2 x 4 under the washer and said it could now be used while waiting for a part to come in. When I turned the machine on, the machine was so noisy and vibrated so much that I did not use it again until the 2nd repairman cam back with the part. The 2nd repairman replaced the part, the water valve assembly, and left. I checked the machine and found the 2 x 4 still jammed under the machine. I was able to catch the repairman before he drove off. I had told the 2nd repairman about the 2 x 4 before he began working on the machine as I had told Feiden's when I was on the phone with them previously. The repairman pulled out the 2 x 4 and insisted there didn't need to be any other adjustments done. The machine is loud and vibrates wildly if there is anything over a small load being washed. As an accommodation, Bosch did not charge me for the $50. part. Neither repairman knew why the part failed.

07/09/2014

Mia M.

The repairman (Shawn) was very punctual, informative, and helpful. What I did not like about Feiden's was that when you called their service department, you had to describe the problems you were having, and their technicians would blindly order parts based on your description of the issues. Two months later when the parts finally arrived (part of this being an issue on the manufacturer of the appliances), Shawn shows up to complete the service, and not all the parts that were ordered were correct for the issue. Which required another visit, and more money. For a $95 service charge, they would have been better coming to the house, diagnosing the problems, and then ordering the correct parts. All in all, the problems took a few months to fix. Once again, the time span was not all due to Feiden's, but I believe had they come to order the parts first then much of this wouldn't happen. Also, on top of their $95 service fee, their labor rates were quite high.

Description of Work
Repaired several kitchen appliances

06/05/2014

ANGELO B.

02/27/2014

Lindell S W.

No problems.

Description of Work
Saved us from buying a new dryer. Repaired quickly.

02/02/2014

Joe R.

Everyone at this establishment was helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable. I was amazed at the fair price that was charged!

Description of Work
Repaired a GE Advantium microwave oven.

10/09/2012

Robert R.

Called Earl Feiden this morning and the problem was fixed this afternoon. Plus helpful advice on future problems (NOT including "don't take it apart if you can't put it back together," I figure I will get that advice separately when my wife gets home.) I will definitely call Earl Feiden again.

Description of Work
Washing machine would not spin clothes dry. I read online that this could be something simple like a sock stuck somewhere, so with further online help I got the cabinet off and unclamped the hoses -- no sock. Now no idea what would be next, plus getting the thing back together was tricky so time to call someone who actually knew what they were doing. Turned out to be a bad motor coupling, which I never could have identified or fixed.

12/15/2011

Arlene C.

My washing machine did not work. I didn't know how old it was, as It came with the home I purchased in 2006. I called Freiden and made an appointment. The initial service charge would be $95.00. When I made the appointment, the clerk told me I would get a call in the morning from the Tech who would tell me what time to expect him. I received a call in the morning. He showed up on time and looked at the machine. He told me the unit was over 20 years old, but that he would replace a few parts, for another $90 or so, and that the machine would work fine after that. I did get a call a few days later, telling me that the parts were in and the repairman would be here the next day. Again I received a call in the morning telling me what time to expect him. He came, he fixed, I am a happy camper! Considering the age of the machine, I was surprised when the tech told me that it was one of the better built units, and would be worth the cost of repair instead of replacing with a new model (which I certainly cannot afford). I am very happy with the result and thought the price was well worth it.

04/30/2011

Lynn R.

As above.

Description of Work
I called because of a noise in the stove when I turned on the oven. I live about 30 miles from Kingston, but the person I spoke to at Earl Feiden on Friday told me that they did come up to my area, and as a matter of fact they would be having someone in the area the following day, a Saturday! This was wonderful for me because I thought I was going to have to take time off from work. I was told the service technician would call me early in the morning to let me know what time approximately he would be here. As promised, he called and estimated he would be here between 11 am and 1 pm. He arrived at 11:30 a.m., and immediately checked out the problem, which it turned out, didn't require extensive repair. To my horror he explained I apparently had a mouse in the stove that had since vacated the premises. He explained that due to the long hard winter up here (I live in the Catskill Mountains), he had seen this before. The service technician was courteous, friendly and highly professional. I not only would use this repair service again, when I am in need of a new applicance, I will skip the mega stores and go there. The service was excellent! I would rate it A+.

06/26/2007

MARK P.

We had purchased the refrigerator from Feiden's over a year ago and had not hooked up the ice maker so we gave them a call. After the job was done, they said they were not going to charge us because we had bought the refrigerator from them initially. We appreciated that fact and we would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Feiden's hooked up the ice maker in my Maytag refrigerator.