Carpet & Floors Market Inc

Maryland

3234 Crain Hwy

Waldorf, MD 20603

www.carpetandfloorsmarket.net

Carpet & Floors Market is known for high quality workmanship, service and installation of all flooring types and counter tops. Carpet & Floors covers you with sales, service, and installation in the Southern Maryland area including St. Charles, St. Mary's, Prince George's, Calvert, and the surrounding metropolitan area. Carpet and Floors Market began a partnership with Mohawk in 2005 to become an exclusive Mohawk ColorCenter Elite Dealer. Our extensive knowledge of the Mohawk product line and commitment to excellence allow us to provide the highest quality flooring solutions available today. Browse our website to find out more about what we can offer you! Important notes to remember: 1- No charge for measurment and estimate 2- Up to 48 months financing ( based on approval)...

flooring (58)carpet installation (48)hardwood floors (23)tile installation (13)countertop installation (11)woodworking (7)marble & granite (5)home remodeling (2)cabinet makers (2)

06/20/2020

Terri G.

All I can say is I wish I had more floors that Ray and his team can take care of!!! Ray and his team was extremely professional and fun to work with. The team came in and they was done before I knew it. My floors look awesome. I’ll miss working with them. #Love you guys

Description of Work
Carpet/Flooring Installation

Category carpet installation

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

12/25/2019

Paul S.

The team was prompt and efficient, and even went above and beyond by assisting with the relocation of several heavy pieces of furniture upon conclusion of the installation.

Description of Work
Replaced sheet vinyl floor with LVT interlocking tile from kitchen down hallway, and including a laundry niche, bathroom, and bathroom closet.

Work Completed On 12/11/2019

Review for Carpet & Floors Market Inc - 3234 Crain Hwy, Waldorf, MD - 38301250

09/18/2019

reginald G.

the workmen did a great job and I am very satisfied.

Description of Work
new kitchen floor

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 08/29/2019

08/22/2019

Bella P.

Working with Carpets and floors market was an amazing experience. We bought a house that needed all carpet and flooring replaced but the tricky part was that the seller was paying for that replacement. We had Kevin come out measure and give us a quote for the seller. Kevin knew the time crunch we were in but also understood that buying a house can be a long process. He made sure that our material was ordered and an install date was set so as soon as we closed they could get going. Even though we had to move our install date because we didn't close on the house when we expected, Kevin was in constant communication. The installation process was smooth and timely. We are very happy with the service we received and will recommend all our family and friends to Carpets and Floors market. Thank you Kevin and your entire team for making this a seamless process for us!!

Description of Work
Carpet replacement, LVT floor install

Work Completed On 06/21/2019

08/04/2019

DONALD S.

Kevin and Patrick were extremely helpful in advising and guiding us through selection and purchase of our rails and carpeting. Their professional knowledge of the product and how it is installed really helped us in our selection. They went the extra mile in explaining all the features of the carpeting. Also, we sought their services to install flooring and they answered all our questions on the types of flooring available and guided us in selecting the right type of floor for our downstairs level. We are very pleased with level of service and attention they have provided!

Description of Work
Stair Railing, carpeting, and flooring

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 07/14/2019

07/12/2019

Debbie C.

We have used Ray for many years at Carpet & Floors Market in three different homes we have lived in and two rentals we also own. The owner is the nicest guy you could ever meet and he has an excellent staff. The installers were great and suggested changes we had not thought of. I am very particular and recommend them to all our friends. Ray took the time to guide us into a decision we are very happy with.

Description of Work
Carpet & Floors Market, Inc

Category custom cabinets,carpet installation,ceramic tile,countertops,flooring contractor,hardwood floor,woodworking,marble & granite,home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/12/2019

07/10/2019

Kimberly W.

We have used his company for pretty much everything in our home and we have been pleased since day one. Just wanted to leave a review and let everyone know that I recommend this company over any other flooring store in all of Southern Maryland.

Description of Work
Railings, carpet, runners, matching rugs...etc

Work Completed On 07/10/2019

06/28/2019

Frederick K.

I was extremely surprised at their willingness to work within my budget. I was not pressured at all to go with anything more expensive. They worked with my time of availability and the price was just right. When finished, the house looked fresh and brand new. I was able to get a contract on my home within 7 days and amgoing to closing soon. I received nothing but compliments from prospective buyers because of the profession appearance. I will use them again.

Description of Work
New carpet throughout house a new kitchen floor.

Work Completed On 05/11/2019

06/28/2019

Sharon F.

Excellent, both times. After first install, I decided to install carpet in other areas so I called them again. They are courteous, prompt, clean, knowledgeable and waste no time getting the job done.

Description of Work
Carpet installation on two floors.

Work Completed On 06/28/2019

06/18/2019

Glenn F.

I wrote this because I wanted others to avoid what happened to us. We had a large job for a cabinet and carpet company. We were promised things they do not do, and never intended to do; lied about the steps they took to handle the task; the owner seems unwilling to be reasoned with. We kept documented evidence of the lies that we were told. They blamed the Insurance Adjuster. The insurance adjuster explained that Kevin was disrespectful to him and hung up the telephone on him (and that was the good things he had to say about the process) The Insurance Adjuster said in writing "I called Carpet and Floors and spoke with their estimator Kevin ... who was less than polite. Regardless of his attitude..." At first we thought the insurance adjuster was being unfair - but the truth is we were not told the truth at any stage in the process - the task started on 02/04/2019 and today 05/20/2019 (no further near work beginning) We were lied to for the last time - we canceled doing business with Kevin - who swore, spoke loudly and aggressively and could not tell the truth if it hit him on the head. He assured me multiple times that the OWNER would not care how we felt. My suggestion is to use one of the other six companies within walking distance - they could be no worse. Please note there are no bad comments - so we will not be surprised when they take this one down. I hope I help just one person I will feel that this was a good thing to do. Cost: 32000.0

Description of Work
entire first floor replacement in house and kitchen remodel

Category carpet installation,ceramic tile,countertops,flooring contractor,woodworking,marble & granite

Work Completed On 02/04/2019

Dear Valued Customer, Please be aware that there was no order placed or contract signed, the company requires an invoice and deposit for any order to begin. Also, we do not force any of our customers to purchase anything, we offer estimates with no obligation to buy. We are very sorry to hear that you feel this way about our honest and caring company. When you came in the first couple times, you were praising our workers and telling us how good they were to you. You even went into the office and told our accountant how kindly the workers were treating you. When it comes to our customers, we like to ensure that everyone is on the same page at all times. We have spent hours, days, even months working with you on the design of your kitchen, the measurement of your house (FREE OF CHARGE), and the back and forth with your insurance, and in the end, no order placed at all. So, to begin, typically, it is the customer’s responsibility to deal with their insurance, not ours. However, Kevin was willing to help because when we called you with a price, your exact words were “don’t tell me, tell my insurance”. Kevin called you back to inform you on his conversation with the insurance adjustor and instead of understanding the situation, you treated him in the most disrespectful way, calling him a liar, saying that he is the worst person to work with, threatening him and swearing at him constantly. You threatened Kevin with his job and family stating that he would “lose it all, when you are done with him”. We understand your frustration; however, we believe that it was misguided and taken out on the wrong people. You stated that you have had plenty of issues with other companies before you came into our store praising us with compliments, we are sorry to hear that we are now one of those companies that you treated with disrespect. Management Team

12/23/2017

Dan O.

The whole process went great. We scheduled to have the wood delivered 2 days in advance. It was scheduled to be delivered between 12 and 6 PM. They delivered it on time. They then showed up when they said they would to install the flooring and completed the job on time. They were very professional and hard working. The flooring looks great!

Description of Work
I had hardwood flooring installed in the first floor of my house.

Work Completed On 11/06/2017

06/28/2017

Phyllis S.

The salesperson in the showroom was very knowledgeable and gave us the pros & cons of the different luxury vinyl tile manufacturers and warranties. After reading the reviews of the LVT online, we choose Armstrong's Alterna Reserve LVT. The installation was scheduled and the crew arrived on time and began removing the old floor. Everything was done in a timely fashion. The Lead Installer was very professional and made sure we were pleased with the finished floor before leaving. He gave us some instructions on maintenance and proper care of the floor.

Description of Work
Install new kitchen floor

Work Completed On 05/04/2017

06/24/2017

Rose Marie M.

Great. Estimator Kevin was great - professional and punctual. The crew that laid the floor tirelessly worked until job was completed and it looked beautiful.

Description of Work
New Hardwood floor

Category hardwood floor

Work Completed On 02/05/2018

06/15/2017

Wanda H.

Great! They have an excellent team of installers. Hard working, nonstop pleasant group of guys.

Description of Work
Installed hardwood floors and granite countertops in upstairs living area including stairs.

Category countertops,flooring contractor,marble & granite

Work Completed On 05/27/2017

Review for Carpet & Floors Market Inc - 3234 Crain Hwy, Waldorf, MD - 35254935

04/18/2016

Rosaline C.

The salesman was very friendly, punctual and professional. The installer were also the same, they were quick, efficient and very clean. They moved all the furniture and was even able to replace carpet in a room that had a Day Bed that could not be removed from the room. There was no extra or hidden charges and we got TOP of the line padding and Top of the line Mohawk carpet in the Master and mid grade in the other two rooms that have low traffic. I HIGHLY recommend going to see them and getting your carpet.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced carpet in 3 bedrooms, 2 with closets. Approximately 580 square feet.

Work Completed On 03/25/2016

08/31/2015

Daisy W.

Elias delivered the flooring on Tuesday. On Thursday, Elias and his crew arrived at 8:00 am and started work on the second floor. While half of the crew worked upstairs installing the flooring the other half worked on the first floor removing the old hardwood. At the end of the day work on the second floor was complete and over half of the flooring was removed from the first floor. The new hardwood was installed in half of the living room. On the second day the balance of the old hardwood was removed and the new flooring was completely installed. They also installed new stairs. All of the old hardwood and the debris was removed from the property. The flooring and the stairs are beautiful. The workmanship is top quality. I could not be happier.

Description of Work
Removed old hardwood flooring on first floor and installed new hardwood flooring on the entire first and second floors. The also installed new stairs.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor,hardwood floor,woodworking

Work Completed On 08/28/2015

08/05/2015

K G.

My experience with this company was very positive. The gentleman who came to measure and later helped us pick the grade of carpet was very professional and courteous. The carpet layers were equally as professional and worked diligently until the job was completed. Their work is high quality. I am very pleased with the job and would hire this company again if the need arises.

Description of Work
Carpet & Floors Market laid carpet in my home.

Work Completed On 07/29/2015

06/08/2015

Terry P.

Showed up on time. Friendly and knowledgeable installers. All the work was neat and clean.

Description of Work
Installed vinyl flooring in kitchen, hall and foyer. Installed carpet in office area.

Work Completed On 04/08/2015

04/10/2015

Taylor B.

We experienced excellent customer service. The owner did an in-home consultation where we picked out the floor we wanted; he came in about a week later with his crew and installed the floor and it looks absolutely beautiful! We couldn't be happier and the price was much lower than other quotes we received.

Description of Work
We had carpet installed in our entire upstairs. We have three bedrooms and a hallway.

Work Completed On 11/08/2014

04/07/2015

William C.

Went well, minor issue from our opinion was rectified immediately.

Description of Work
LVT Ktichen and Family room along with two powder rooms. Also included was stretching existing badly installed carpet, which now looks great.

Work Completed On 03/24/2015

11/05/2014

Richard T.

This is my third experience with Carpet & Floors Market in about the last year and a half. The job was to replace the oldest carpet in the house (4 upper-floor bedrooms with closets, hallway, and a family room covered with vinyl flooring.) Ray recognized me as a repeat customer and understood completely what I needed to make the house "show ready" as quickly as possible. His estimator Kevin was able to come measure the house and show us some samples THAT AFTERNOON! The measurements were accurate, and I thought that the price was reasonable. The installation had to wait a couple of weeks due to painters coming first, but when Mike and Ron rolled up at the appointed hour they were there to kick some serious ... carpet. We had to work around a lot of furniture that moved from room to room ahead of them, but that proved to be no problem. Well before the end of the day they'd installed five big rooms of carpet, and the house was starting to resemble our home again. While they won't be back to THIS house for us, I'd certainly work with this business again and recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Installed approximately 130 yards of carpet and pad to help prepare my house for sale

Work Completed On 10/20/2014

10/29/2014

NATALIE M.

I went in with tons of questions and problems. The sales manager was very helpful in helping me pick the right floor. Even after an hour of questions. He made me at easy with installing it myself and the product came in fast. I will be buying all my floor products here in the future. Couldn't ask for a better company or staff. P.s lvt flooring is wonderful!!! I got one that is made to look like hand scraped wood. I hate vinyl and laminate but this is on a whole other level

Description of Work
Answered lots if questions and helped me decide on the right floor for our situation

Work Completed On 09/30/2014

10/27/2014

Juan P.

Outstanding customer service and follow up!

Description of Work
Follow up on touch up and post installation inspection.