Building Performance Group

Founded 2008 • With Angi since November 2009

The Building Performance Group, based in Louisville, KY, was founded on the principles of honesty and integrity, and provides independent, unbiased diagnostics and consulting services to businesses and individuals who seek to better understand how their homes or buildings function and the true reasons problems are occuring. We then provide real solutions to these problems, check to verify that our recommendations have been completed properly afterwards, and ensure our clients' objectives have been met. With over 30 years in combined professional experience in the construction, building restoration, insulation and weatherization industries, we have the knowledge and network of resources to diagnose problems, provide solutions, and educate our clients on a wide-array of building-science related issues....

KY Building Science Specialist LLC

KY Building Science Specialist LLC

Kentucky Building Science Specialist aims at giving our customers in Louisville, KY and surrounding areas the best HVAC experience paired with quality service. From installing new HVAC systems to maintenance calls to regular servicing and everything in between, Kentucky Building Science Specialist is dedicated to providing the ultimate in residential and commercial performance. 10% off for seniors, veterans, and first responders (not to be combined with any other offers)

Offers by KY Building Science Specialist LLC on Angi

03/01/2018

Eric found several problems regarding air leakage around doors, windows, flooring, missing insulation in home and crawl space and mold due to excessive moisture. He was very thorough, professional and friendly and provided pictures of all areas that need improvement.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Assessment for air leakage due to very cold temperature inside home

CATEGORY insulation,mold removal,energy audit

02/21/2016

The inspection was worth the money. Being that my home is only 4 years old, insulation of the house was done fairly well. But did show some areas for improvement. The inspection did show that my duct work was in need of a lot of improvement. Eric was very professional and answered all of my concerns.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I was given a complete inspection of the attic, foundation and all relevant areas. Insulation levels, duct work and furnace were also inspected. A blower door test with an IR camera was used to check for air leakage. A pan test on all registers was used to check for duct leakage. My water furnace was inspected for heating equipment BTU delivery, operating equipment efficiency, duct temperature change, duct system efficiency. And was presented in a detailed HeatMaxx report. I also received a detailed home performance report. The report showed missing and ineffective insulation with thermal imaging pictures and gave recommendation to address each area. The report also showed areas of air leakage, duct leakage with recommendations to fix these areas. I was given recommended contractors to be able to fix each issue i our home.

CATEGORY insulation,energy audit

Thank you for the great review! We're glad you found real value in our services and we appreciate your business!

02/09/2016

Very pleased with the service.  Eric was extremely thorough and did a great job of explaining each test.  The final report exceeded expectations and identified many areas I would never have thought would have been a major source of heat loss.  I highly recommend Building Performance.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Home energy performance inspection and furnace heating performance testing.

CATEGORY energy audit

Thank you very much for the kind review!

11/20/2015

Fantastic.  Eric was professional, punctional and it was obvious his only goal was to give us an unbiased and accurate opinion on our home condition.  The report he provided was extensive, detailed, and easy for us to understand.  He went through it all so we were clear on what he recommended be done to correct the issues for the most affordable price.  He also provided contractors he would advise...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Eric provided a complete detailed report on our new home.  He did an energy audit, looking at safety, heating and cooling systems, duct leakage, incorrect insulation and recommendations for repair and better energy efficiency.

CATEGORY insulation,energy audit

Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm glad you found great value in my services and you got the problems solved cost-effectively!

01/13/2015

My fiance and I purchased our 90+ year-old Highlands home and knew it had some insulation issues but as first-time homeowners, we were a little overwhelmed by what to tackle first. Since we weren't eligible for the LGE home energy audit, I asked around and a friend had employed Eric (BPG) for an audit when she purchased her own leaky, old Highlands home a few years ago. I called Eric and he walked...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Home Energy Survey (audit) including observations of and recommendations for fixes to: Health & Safety  Air Leakage Insulation Duct Leakage HVAC

CATEGORY insulation,energy audit

Thank you for your review [removed member name]! I'll make a point to change some of the terminology in our reports so they use more common language. Good advice, I appreciate it!

Energy efficiency consulting, thermal comfort, moisture management, structural durability, indoor air quality, infrared camera inspections & thermal imaging, blower-door diagnositcs, duct-leakage testing, carbon monoxide testing, gas leak detection, flat-roof leak detection & energy auditing, Energy Star Home certification, HERS Ratings.

Check, Visa, PayPal, Financing Available