FIVE STAR HEATING & AIR INC

Founded 1981 • With Angi since November 2001

110 S NORTHWEST HWY

Palatine, IL 60074

We are a certified Trane dealer and all of our work is guaranteed and performed by NATE certified technicians. We are members of the Better Business Bureau. We offer services and products for heating, air conditioning, humidifiers, electronic air cleaners, ultraviolet filters, thermostats and hot water heaters....

07/24/2020

paul P.

Terrific, Quincy the technician was polite, professional. Neat appearance. I appreciate when they wear the covers over their shoes. Been using 5 star for 10 year and service has always been great. 5 star installed 2 furnaces and 2 ac units 8 years ago and no problems with any units

Description of Work
annual air conditioning maintenance

Category auto repair,heating & air conditioning/hvac

06/27/2020

CHARLES P.

I had Jimmy for service. I like the other guys also. He told me I needed freon and a capacitor for the a/c. The previous service guy said the same but this time I thought it was necessary and the right time. The one thing Jimmy did for me to save on this visit is go to the shop for a more economical capacitor and returned to put it in... I appreciated this effort.. And it was raining --bad weather but got the job done. I told him thanks for delivering the part and being a numbers guy on budget I liked this...Good effort!! New filter, charge up with freon and a capacitor..and service...not cheap but did save money on contract. Not cheap but do save money...

Description of Work
air conditioner serviced

06/16/2020

Debbie H.

Terrible. They charged me for items and services that were not done based on proof i received from another contractor! We received a partial refund before we got this 2nd opinion ($285 of $415). Now we want a full refund!

Description of Work
Air Condition not cooling

05/17/2020

Roy S.

Purchased an entire Heating and Air System from these guys. Initially great than once a year the humidifier would flood my laundry room. First it was the drip pan that would clog. After a couple service calls some paid some not and some additional product sold to me it seemed ok. Now the humidifier is dripping from the side flooding the basement again. Who would have thought buying a furnace could have resulted in so much flooding. Really remarkable. I'll pay a new firm to bring this hunk of junk humidifier out of my home and find a better alternative.

Description of Work
Bad Humidified

Category auto repair,heating & air conditioning/hvac

01/24/2019

NANCY G.

This project went very smoothly! We had an old unit removed from our crawl space, and the outside fan unit as well. As it was an old system, special care had to be taken to remove the old Freon. A new Trane unit was installed that paired well with our existing furnace setup. We had multiple quotes before trying 5 Star... because we didn't feel we were getting a fair deal and we had a few with a lot of hype/talk that we knew wasn't accurate about our furnace system (Including from Costco's companion company). The sales person that came out thoroughly looked at our entire heating and cooling system. He was pleased with our newer furnace, it's cleanliness, and the set up needed for installing the AC unit. He did not try to oversell, and offered financing if needed. Everything was written on the estimate in great detail which allowed us to question, add, or take off anything we needed. We were very impressed with the installers. They were truly a professional team and worked very well together. They were clean, respectful, and worked very hard the entire time. Installation took the better part of the day, but the site was left very clean. The entire project took a week from salesrep to installation. I highly recommend this company and look forward to working with them in future.

Description of Work
Replace 25 year old AC unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review. So happy that we were able to help you and could make your home more comfortable.

11/26/2018

Judi L.

Dave and Adam did an excellent job replacing my furnace. They were on time, made sure to protect my floors with tarps, and completed a neat installation much faster than they estimated. Dave even pointed out that the exhaust from my other furnace was damaging my brick because it was pointed wrong, and proceeded to fix it! Five Start Heating and Air always greets me by name when I call, and does everything they can to accommodate my schedule. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
My furnace needed to be replaced, as the 20 year old furnace could not be repaired cost-effectively.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you! We appreciate your response and are very happy that Dave went above and beyond to help you with your exhaust. Dave and Adam are a great team!

10/26/2018

James B.

I got a good price on a new Trane system, both heating & AC, for my home. Dave and Adam showed up on time and were both courteous and polite. They did excellent work in very reasonable time and completely cleaned up before leaving. Overall I am very satisfied. The new system works great and wouldn't hesitate to use them in the future.

Description of Work
Complete new heating and AC systems installed in my home

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for choosing Five Star! We appreciate your survey and the opportunity to work together. If you need anything else, please let us know!

10/23/2018

Tom T.

Isaac came in the same day I called and really worked with us to explain out options and decide the best plan considering both short- and long-term implications. Only a few days later, we spoke with Bill on the phone about the financing packages as well as best installation dates and processes. They were so incredibly accommodating and were at our door the very next business day. The install was completed without a hitch and they were completely finished by noon. Not only did they remove the old furnace, they did so leaving not a trace that any installation had even occurred given how clean everything was left. We have a new HVAC company and are so excited to be working with them! We would recommend them completely!

Description of Work
Secondary Furnace Replacement/Installation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work beside you to meet your home comfort needs. Our technicians take a great deal of pride in their work and love to hear great feedback. Thank you!

09/24/2018

Brad B.

Adam and Dave were professional and efficient. Furnace installation had some challenges, but they were able to install with a minimum of disruption to existing basement. The added ductwork went up through 2 floors (using closet space) and into the attic where the supply and return ducts were distributed to the 2nd floor. They worked hard to minimize the closet space they took up and to control the mess. The company had Isaac (another tech) return several times to take care of minor issues. I was very satisfied with the quality and their desire to keep the customer satisfied.

Description of Work
New HVAC system and additional ducting

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the great review, and mentioning Adam, Dave and Isaac on their service installing your Furnace. Five Star is thrilled to hear such good feedback, and we are always striving to go above and beyond. Did you know that we offer customer referral credits? Just mention us to a friend, relative or neighbor (and when they call in to schedule have them mention your name) and you can receive a credit on your next service with us! Thank you!

08/07/2018

bernie M.

I brought a new Trane furnace and their installation went flawlessly. Their installers, Dave and Isaac were great. They were on time, neat and very professional, as well as being extremely knowledgeable and courteous. They left the area neater than they found it. I would highly recommend this company for any heating or air conditioning needs. I would also recommend a Trane system as I have had nothing but problems with my previous Carrier furnace which was only 14 years old and had gone through 2 "mother boards" which costs half the price of an entire unit! No more Carrier for me.

Description of Work
New Furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for filling out the survey and for choosing Five Star heating and air for your home comfort needs. We work hard to keep you very satisfied and if there is anything else you need, please let us know.

MD Auto Solutions

Located at 716 Grand Ave. Ingleside, IL 60041. We started our business servicing only Acura’s and Honda’s. Through the years our customers requested we work on their other vehicles they owned as well. Now we provide service for Domestics as well as Foreign cars. We saw how customers were being treated at the local dealerships. Customers were paying for work that wasn’t actually being done to the car and prices were unfair to the customer as well. He wanted to change all that to benefit the customer. Since Christoph's Automotive, and now known as MD Auto Solutions has been in business, they have won several awards for great service and satisfied customers, most recently they were recognized as one of the best shops in Chicagoland, by Chicago Magazine, and has also received recognition by Consumer's Checkbook. Our Top 3 Priorities: Quality We employ only ASE Certified technicians. Our technicians have an average of 20 years of experience in auto repair. Value We shop for different parts & help you choose the right application for you. We'll help prioritize your needs, & work with your extended warranty. Trust We've built our auto repair business on referrals. We build a lasting relationship with our clients, and we will do everything possible to earn your trust.

PHD Heating and Cooling

Eliot's Complete Auto Repair Shop

Repairing cars since 1986. State of the art repair facility with the latest diagnostic equipment and the latest alingnment equipment. YOU get 2 guarantees not seen anywhere else.. #1) If you are not completely 100% satisfied, come back within 30 days and I'll give you all your money back. #2) If you are not completely 100% satisfied, come back within 17 days and I'll buy your car. But there are more reasons to use my shop: 3. You may use one of my FREE loaner cars while your car is serviced. 4. 95% of the time your car will be finished the day you drop it off. 5. YOU will be called before any repairs are done to your car, or the repairs are FREE. 6. 24/7 towing by calling Jorge at 773-494-0169 7. I'm 1 1/2 block walk to the CTA Addison El stop. 8. If you can find another shop in the area with more testimonials than I have, I'll give you $500.00! 9. 100% of the parts I use meet or exceed your manufacturer's specifications. 10. If you find another shop with guarantees equal or better than mine I'll give you $500.00!

Auto Service
    Hair Removal

SERVICE ALL MAKES AND MODELS OF FURNACES AND AIR CONDITIONERS, HUMIDIFIERS, ELECTRONIC AIR CLEANERS, ULTRAVIOLET FILTERS, THERMOSTATS, HOT WATER HEATERS. WE INSTALL TRANE FURNACE AND AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS. WE ALSO INSTALL HUMIDIFIERS, THERMOSTATS, AIR CLEANERS, HOT WATER HEATERS AND DUCTWORK. FREE ESTIMATES FOR EQUIPMENT. FEES APPLIES TO SERVICE CALLS.

WE REFER OUT FOR DUCT CLEANING.