Roof-Tech

Founded 1992 • With Angi since June 2003

ROOF-TECH is built around a core of people with good technical skills in production, and experienced management knowledge from several fields. At least one of our owners is working on every job we do. When a home owner is experiencing a leak in their roof, they are commonly directed to have their entire roof replaced. This is many times neither necessary, nor is it the best solution to deal with the existing roof leak. Roof leaks are usually caused by relatively localized defects that can be isolated & addressed. The advantage to repairing a roof as opposed to replacing a roof should be obvious - the cost involved in substantially less. The reason that many times the roofing contractor evaluating the roof leak suggests replacement, when a repair would suffice, is that many roofing contractors simply are not very experienced in locating the specific cause of the leak itself. So instead they determine that the correct solution is to replace the roof itself, when in fact the overall roof may have several years (or more) of life remaining! ROOF-TECH specializes in repairing roofs, which allows the home owner to maximize the life of their roof. 5 EMPLOYEES. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES....

A Service Provider's profile image

+15 more images

4.3

roofing (61)skylight installation (1)roof snow removal (1)

06/22/2020

Jeffrey B.

Roof and Fascia Repair Highly Recommend Roof Tech. Just had a fascia Board replaced and roof repair that caused the problem. Work was done by Roof Tech. Highly recommend them. Very neat, fast work. Good price and thorough. Darrell gave us a complete explanation of the needed work and followed thru. His guys who came were done in 2.5 hours and did everything they said. I mentioned another small item when they were here, not part of quote, and they handled that as well-no extra charge. I hope to not need a new roof for many years, but will call them first when I do.

Description of Work
Fascia Replaced and Roof Repair

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

11/05/2018

Gordon C.

Very reasonable price and very responsive.

Description of Work
Roof leak repairs

Work Completed On 11/05/2018

07/14/2018

JUNE A.

They arrived at 7:20 am and started right to work. By 10:30 am they were done, just in time for the rains to come. They got soaked loading the truck. I paid them and they left. All is well done.

Description of Work
Part of the bottom of the roof just under the gutter was hanging down and showed water damage. Turned out many tiles had shifted and all had to be corrected plus the ruined wood part replaced. Tiles had allowed a space to direct water in a straight line as a channel. that had done the damage and all had to be sealed and corrected.

Work Completed On 07/19/2018

10/27/2017

stephen H.

They were here four times and charged me twice but I still have the leak

Description of Work
Leak in the roof fixed.

Work Completed On 04/01/2016

09/27/2017

Jimmy V.

Great so far; no new leaks in repaired area

Description of Work
Big leak over dining room. Tile roof/valley were deemed the problem/source of the leak.

Work Completed On 08/21/2017

09/21/2017

Timothy M.

It was initially hard to schedule an appointment given they were stretched thin to due hurricane in Texas. They kept rescheduling at the last minute. When they finally came out on a Thursday to give a quote and they said they didn't have a ladder tall enough (we have a 2 story house). Once I told them we had a ladder, he said he wasn't taking a risk climbing the ladder and would be back with someone else the next day. On Monday, they finally came out to give a quote. Once we accepted the quote and services scheduled, at earliest 3 weeks later, they knocked on door to say they would get started. I verified they didn't need anything from me to get going and went back inside the house. 30 minutes later I walked outside and they were GONE. They had just left without notification. At first I thought they left to get something or someone however 4 hours later it seemed they were just gone. When they were called we were told they would not repair the roof because there was a tarp on it and they were afraid to take it off. The tarp was attached with clips you just squeeze and remove (they are not bolted in, in any way). He claimed that they don't know how to do it and felt like it's dangerous. He then told me they would come back in a week after I paid someone to have the tarp removed. When I asked him what would protect the leak during the interim he had no answer and he did not care. We wasted a month of our time on this company, don't let it happen to you. Use another service. I don't know how they received all these other good reviews but based upon our experience, they deserve a 'F' rating. Beware!

Description of Work
Roof Tech was called to give quote and after a quote was received, they were engaged to performed work to repair broken roof tiles that were causing leaks to house.

Work Completed On 09/21/2017

We are empathetic to the difficulties that the home owners have experienced in dealing with addressing the roof leaks at their home. We know that it can be frustrating to not be able to have water intrusion, and to have to wait for any reason - especially during the rainy season. However, there are a number of inaccuracies included in this review that we wish to correct. It is true that we did have to reschedule our first appointment on Tuesday, 08/22 (due to an unforeseen matter, that interrupted our schedule on that day). When my partner then came to this property on Thursday, 08/24 - he found that their roof was a high 2-story roof, which a standard 2-story ladder could not safely reach. This necessitated our scheduling to come back with a 3-story ladder, and another person to safely set it, on the next Monday (08/28) to determine what was needed to repair his leaks. These were the only times that we rescheduled our appointments to investigate this leak, and the second time was beyond our ability to anticipate. Mr. Winter called back on Thursday (09/07) to say that he wanted for us to do the repairs that we had proposed as soon as possible. I told him that we currently had a backlog of work ~ 3 weeks in length, but if I could move his job sooner than this, I would do so. We received a signed proposal from Mr. Winter the next day (09/08), with a note requesting that we do these repairs ASAP. We called Mr. Winter on Friday (09/15) to let him know that we had been able to schedule his roof repairs to be performed on the next Thursday & Friday (09/21 & 09/22). On the day that our crew arrived, they discovered that the home owners had hired a company to put a tarp over the entire 2nd story of his roof. This tarp was securely attached to the perimeter of the roof with large clamps. This created an unsafe working situation for our crew (moving around on this tarp would have been provided unsure footing), and we needed to have this tarp removed. I called Mr. Winter to inform him of this, and request that he have the tarp removed by the company that had installed it. I told him that the next available set of times in our schedule would be the middle, to later, part of the following week. My communication with Mr. Winter about this (on that day) was done right away. Shortly thereafter, his wife called me to demand that we have our crew return immediately to do that repair then - insisting that she would have the tarp removed within an hour. I explained to her that this would not be able to accomplished, as tarping companies were scheduling in the neighborhood of a week out (due to the hurricane that had just come through the area). She told me that if we couldn't do this repair on that day, then she would hire another contractor. It is quite untrue for the home owners to claim that we did not care about the roof being protected (by the removal of the tarp). This is simply something that was entirely beyond our control, as the timing of the removal of the tarp was between the home owner, and the tarping company - and we could not perform the repairs to the 2nd story of this roof with the tarp still in place. We regret anytime that we are unable to meet the needs of any home owner, but in this case there was no reasonable way for us to accomplish what they wanted to be done.

06/15/2017

Bobbie A.

The roof tech people, answered their phone, came the next morning to see the problem, scheduled to come and repair it the next week. They sent a work order and had us sign and return it , so we were all on the same page as to what was being done, and the price. They showed up on time, did the work, & took photos so we could see what was done. Excellent job. Very professional !

Description of Work
Had a leak from our roof through the top of our sliding glass doors.

Work Completed On 06/15/2017

03/16/2017

BRIAN K.

Very prompt and explained the scope of repair work. Job completed in a professional manner and all debris removed.

Description of Work
Leaking valley repaired

Work Completed On 12/01/2015

02/16/2016

Edward M.

Positives: Roof-Tech responded quickly to my request for service and provided an estimate in good time. The patching job they did the second time I used them has held up well, even in the severe "rain event" (there were actually 2 of them) in June 2015. They guys who actually did the work were courteous and prompt. Negatives: My roof looks pretty awful in the areas where they patched, because the hi-tech material they use was applied sloppily. The first time they patched they used material that is an ugly yellowish color, the second time the material was white and somewhat better looking, but now I have two instead of just one layers of non-matching patches on my roof. Because the patched areas are in the rear of my house I can live with this, but if they were visible from the street I'm sure they'd damage the "curb appeal" of the house. Also, the first patching job did not hold up well when tested by a very stormy summer; that's why it had to be redone, just after the warranty had expired (of course). And finally, like other roofers in the area, they get very busy during rainy season, and I had to wait quite a while for the actual service, even though I had done business with them before. Given the cost of the work, I believe it should have looked and functioned better.

Description of Work
Roof-Tech patched leaks in my roof along the seam between the main structure and a flat-roofed addition to my house. This service was performed on 2 different occasions, once in 2015 and once in 2013.

Work Completed On 09/14/2015

We are surprised to learn that {Member Name Removed] had any complaints regarding the work that we had done either in April of 2013, or in September of 2015 - as she has never contacted us about this. As far as the longevity of the repair performed in April of 2013, we gave a warranty of two (2) years against any recurrence of the roof leaking. It did not leak again until August of 2015, so the repair performed as we indicated that it would (We have to put limits on the length of warranties, since materials wear out, and roofs/walls continue to expand & contract which cause the seals to split open in between the flat roof surface and the siding which is above the flat roof, etc.). As far as the delay in the commencement of the roof repairs, we had a significant "back log" of work last summer when she contacted us. This was related to her when she first called us on 08/04/2015. Additionally, the entire roofing industry in the Tampa area was experiencing similar "back logs" due to the heavy rainy season that was occurring in July & August of 2015. We are disappointed to see this review, since we have worked for her in the past, and as was already indicated - we were never contacted regarding the quality of the work that we performed (this is especially frustrating since both of the repairs have performed according to our guarantees - as even she included in her complaint).

11/17/2014

Stephanie B.

Please with service. They showed up on time and fix our skylight that was leaky. Was happy with the est they provided . They provided us a quote to fix the leak and another company would only replace our skylight that is under a year old. Will definitely call in the future for any roofing needs.

Description of Work
Fix leaky skylights

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 09/03/2014

09/25/2014

Todd M.

Called roof tech after a realtor referred them for a small roof leak in 2 areas. They put down a small line of black caulk in a sloppy manner that's hard to look at, called it a day, and still left a half dollar sized hole in the other affected area, that is still leaking, and charged me $500. Climbed on roof only to see the roof leak(hole) still there. Called the owner to get it resolved, only to be told it would be another $450(minimum), to come out and actually fix it this time. Owner was contacted beforehand to make sure all affected areas would be repaired based on my home inspection report that was forwarded to him. Now he's backtracking saying that the one little area that needed caulking was all they knew about, which simply is not true. My inspection report clearly stated the areas of needed repair. Hard to believe that they even did anything. Homeowner's beware, other reviewers have similar complaints. Owner still refusing to resolve the matter. Hired a roof inspector and he called it the worst repair ever. Total sham of a business. Have pictures, will post.

Description of Work
was supposed to repair a small roof leak

Work Completed On 07/07/2014

We went out to this residence to respond to a leak in the Garage. This was the only leak/problem that we were made aware of by the realtor. We gave a proposal for $485 to address/repair this leak. We were engaged to do this repair on 07/11/2014. Several weeks later we were contacted by the new home owner, saying that there was another area that was leaking. We informed Mr. [removed member name] that we could come to look at this new leak, but he became agitated that we hadn't fixed this when we performed the other work. He admitted that the leak in the Garage that we had proposed to repair was no longer leaking. However, he kept insisting that we should have known about the other leak as well. I continued to point out that if we had known about this second leak, we would have included it in our proposal, and that we would have charged them to repair it at that time. There is no reason that we would not have addressed this second leak, had we known about it, since this would have meant more paying work for us (we simply were never received the inspection report that he is making reference to in his complaint). He eventually acknowledged this during our telephone conversation. We are very surprised to see that Mr. [removed member name] has filed a negative review with us, being that we repaired the leak that we proposed to address. Especially since we have never heard anything further from him regarding this matter. We are sorry that he is unsatisfied with us, but we are unsure as to what we could have done differently to have avoided this. Additionally, Mr. [removed member name]'s comments about the nature of how the repair was done is very inaccurate (there was far more done that what he is describing). This is also true of his comment about our other reviews on Angie's List. We have a long standing series of good reviews, with high ratings.

03/30/2014

William L S.

They responded the day of the call, before noon. I had an estimate later, in early afternoon, and the job was completed by noon the next day. They were very professional The job site was cleaned up when the work was done. It was a job well done and we'll see how good it is after the next big storm.

Work Completed On 02/11/2014

07/06/2013

Robert D.

Workers were polite and efficient.

Description of Work
Repair a leak for a tile roof. Check for broken tiles and repair.

Work Completed On 07/01/2013

06/12/2013

Julia A.

They were great on both experiences. They were very prompt and thorough.

Description of Work
They did some roof repairs for me. I used them on two separate houses.

Work Completed On 01/12/2013

01/31/2013

Esteban C.

After the first company we contacted failed to give us an estimate (after they came), we contacted Roof-Tech. Darrell showed up on time, gave us the estimate right away and started the following week and repaired the 2 leaks we had. We have a 2-Yr warrantee. I guess, we will know if the job was well done next rain season...

Description of Work
Expedient, clean, professional and good service.

Work Completed On 01/15/2013

01/29/2013

Troy H.

First, the man I made the appointment with said we didn't need to be home when they came, whoever came would know what to do. I just happened to be home when they came, and the person that came asked to come in my garage and basically go through the entire process of showing him what we had already showed the person that gave us the estimate. Once he thought he knew what he was doing, I went back in the house. Less than 30 minutes later (I didn't actually time it, but I know he wasn't on the roof more than 15-20 minutes...), I get another knock on the door, he is saying he is done. I was a bit shocked that it could be done already, as every other contractor that gave me an estimate talked about pulling shingles, inspecting the plywood, possibly replacing "soft" sections of plywood and shingles, etc., then resealing the edges and around the flashing. I stepped back and looked at the roof, and basically all they appeared to have done was climb up the roof, squirt a bunch of brown sealant ("Bronze Urethane" probably?) along the edges of the roof and up onto the flashing - in a very sloppy, crooked, thick line and up onto the yellow painted flashing around the edges of the eaves. Besides the fact that it looks terrible, I was shocked that they charged me $470 for this shoddy work. I called Roof-Tech to explain that, while I agreed to the estimate, I was extremely disappointed in the quality of work, I can neither prove or disprove that they fixed the leak (only time will tell), and I was very upset that they charged nearly $500 for less than 30 minutes of work and probably $5 worth of sealant. My roof looks like me eight year old went up there with a tube of thick brown caulk and did this himself. They told me they normally charge $455 just to come out, regardless if they do any work (this is not written or stated anywhere), so he was really only charging me $15 for the work. He also tried to tell me they were here over an hour, and that the way they lift and replace the shingles, I wouldn't be able to tell. Sounds pretty shady to me. I agreed to the estimate, and I have payed them, but I would warn people to beware and have them be clear on the work they are quoting and the "methods" they use.

Description of Work
Here is the estimate of what was supposed to be performed: • Remove loose & foreign debris from the area of repair to a smooth, workable surface. • Lift the existing shingle tabs in the area of the repair. • Inspect in the area of repair, for deteriorated fasteners. • Repair the identified fasteners, driving them back into proper alignment. • Reseal the identified shingle tabs in the area of the repair with Modified Cement. • Reseal the end-plug of the existing Ridge Vent on the front of the main roof with Bronze Urethane. • Seal the head-wall flashings above the garage roof with Bronze Urethane. • Seal the side-wall that is to the right of the front entry way with Bronze Urethane. • Remove and haul away all roof related debris. • All workmanship guaranteed for a period of Two (2) years. Total Price = $470.00

Work Completed On 01/16/2013

11/30/2012

john B.

Very professional team from first inspector to repair crew to cleanup.

Description of Work
Found source of roof leak. Removed cement tiles from that area. Repaired flaw in construction seam. Applied waterproof seal. Replaced tiles and caulked vents.

Work Completed On 11/13/2012

10/03/2012

Carl M.

They were excellent. We would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Roof-Tech repaired the leak on our roof.

Work Completed On 11/16/2011

09/29/2012

DAVID G D.

Everything went fine as far as the quotes and work performed.

Description of Work
I had a small leak in my roof where the dry vent comes out. I thought the price was a little excessive, but can't be sure because I didn't get any other quotes. I was happy with the work performed., however.

Work Completed On 07/27/2012

09/29/2012

Russell J.

Perfect! On time, no surprises, fine work. I've used them before and will use them in the future.

Description of Work
We had some wood rot on corners of our roof.

Work Completed On 05/16/2012

09/26/2012

JOANN K.

Mr. Fitzgerald came to my rental home and gave me an estimate for two leaks in the tile roof. I was given an estimate of $1730 and a completion date a couple of weeks later. Most companies I called had similar or longer wait times. The company was able to fix the leaks the following week. The men who completed the job were prompt, courteous and did a great job. The company even returned later to clean up some spilled cement. Again, the response was very prompt, courteous and well done. I would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Repaired two leaks in the tile roof.

Work Completed On 09/20/2012

09/17/2012

Melissa O.

They were professional and prompt. They were honest. My overall experience with them was excellent.

Description of Work
I got a quote from Roof-Tech company for roofing services. We had a leak in our roof and we wanted that fixed.

Work Completed On 08/20/2012