McCabe Property Management

Founded 1993 • With Angi since October 2010

2461 Santa Monica Boulevard Suite 235

Santa Monica, CA 90404

McCabe Property Management offers full service SM/MD/LG HOA management specializing in repairing "broken/troubled" HOA's. Our dedicated team is here 24/7 to enhance our clients quality of life! No jobs too BIG no jobs too SMALL-We do it all! Some of the detailed services we provide are: *Full

08/07/2019

Ann K.

I worked with Jonathan on a property I was selling for a client. He was quick to respond, well organized and was able to answer all of my questions. I work with a lot of management companies and this was one of the best interactions I have had with a management company. Highly recommend. Also I sold in the same building previously and they were very disorganized and had limited reserves. Within a few short years Jonathan reorganize the complex and increased the reserves. I am very impressed all around!

Description of Work
Needed to work with owners management company to sell a condo

07/19/2019

Tamara A.

I was very satisfied. Good program and help save us. Rates are competitive. Its pretty easy to manage an account with them and did a good job.

Description of Work
Property management fo a condo.

Category property management

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for this great review! We will miss you but are super happy you've found another beautiful place of which you now have the excitement of making your own!! If you ever need ANYTHING, please feel free to ALWAYS reach out as we will be here for you!!

11/27/2018

Louis L.

It was great. Straight forward. Professional work.

Description of Work
Plumbing

11/21/2018

Luis L.

I hughly recommend McCabe Property managment. I called and in less than 10 minutes he sent a prumber to my appartment, he explain what the problem was and find a solution, great property manager.

Description of Work
Plumbing services

Category plumbing, property management

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to make this review. We greatly appreciate it!! It’s VERY important that plumbing issues are taken very seriously and treated with a sense of urgency. Things can get ugly VERY fast with water should there be a delay! From our family to yours, have a Happy 2018 Holiday season! Again, thank you.

11/07/2018

Devon W.

They are very professional, very nice workers, and come out when we need them. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
We have a small leak within the wall, they fixed the water pressure issue we had, and replaced everything that had water damage.

Category property management

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review! We try to assist however we can whenever we can even if it’s something small. We appreciate your business and hope you have a wonderful restful holiday season. Should you need anymore assistance, please feel free to reach out to us as we’ll always be here for you! Thanks again

11/01/2018

CG W.

Our dryer stopped running at the most inconvenient time on a Sunday night. We called the after hours number and our call was returned within 20 minutes. In a few minutes the technician explained what he believed to be our problem and scheduled a service call for the next morning. When the technician arrived within 45 minutes he had the dryer operational.

Description of Work
We've had several projects completed by McCabe Property Mgt the latest was a dead clothes dryer

Category plumbing, property management

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for a great review! Being responsive and available 24/7 is often quite the chore however to us it’s fun because we’re passionate about helping others! As always, should you need anything ever, simply reach out we’re always here for you 24/7.

10/06/2017

Anthony G.

I am a doctor and I can't do property management. I talk to them regularly. I hired them years ago, probably 05 and they have been doing my property management. I have properties in the Central Valley and down in Orange County. They are good. They manage the chalet and my rental properties. They do the every day responsibilities like getting the gardeners or the painters. The price varies because some are single family homes and some are apartments so I have different scales on it. I don't get involved with that. I really like them. I've had property management people before and some of them are not very attentive or don't get back to you or they are hard to get a hold of. McCabe is really good. I'm happy with them. You get what you pay for. They do a good job. They are always on time. I had a situation where I thought I had workers compensation insurance and they went ahead and checked and I didn't. I could have gotten really slammed. They don't do the minimum amount of work. They kind of look beyond and say hey here's a situation you might want to look at.

Description of Work
They do my property management for several locations. I'm thinking of purchasing a property in Palm Springs. I needed to know if they would be able to do it.

Category real estate agents, property management

08/31/2017

SUSAN W.

I think his management style is inappropriate. I would never never use this company for management of a condominium complex, ever. I would never recommend him.

Description of Work
I'm a home owner in a condo complex managed by McCabe. I'm in the process of selling my condo and Joseph McCabe has negligently interceded in the potential loss of the sale of my condo by going behind back. As a homeowner in the process of the sale of my condo, he illegally, unethically, unmorally, went behind my back on several occasions to potentially sabotage the sale of my condo.

07/11/2017

Cameron H.

Being on the board of directors for my neighborhood HOA, I was tasked with finding a new HOA management company. After various companies had quoted us and gave their pitch; McCabe was the clear-cut choice for our needs. Being a bit of a larger community, we sought a company that has the same personalized client care that a smaller company would have to offer. With McCabe, we got it all. Every need of our community has been met to the highest standard out of all the companies we've tried out and/or received quotes from. I cannot say enough good things about Jonathan and his team. They came in and repaired the HOA structure from the ground up. We are now 6 months into the process and things are running smoother than ever. Thanks again, McCabe!!!

Description of Work
A full restructuring of our Home owners association. Being an older property; we just underwent a major remodel/renovation, with McCabe's help. With the changes to the property itself, we thought it was time to renovate our management as well. After dealing with McCabe throughout our reno, we saw them as the clear choice for our property management as well. This is the best thing that's happened to the community in years.

Category property management, apartments

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for this detailed review. As you know, lots of issues stem from lack of proper management and maintenance. When we came on board, you guys were a MESS!! Thankfully, we had a great team in place to pick you guys up and rebuild your foundation. It was a fun ordeal to work with the differing personalities throughout the process. Its nice to have reviews from people like yourself as they really help showcase McCabe's ability to handle anything thrown its [Member Information Removed]! We thank you for taking the time to make your review and as always if you need anything, simply reach out!

07/11/2017

Sheldon J.

I use Mc Cabe to to replace my shower valves in my main bathroom. As soon as my request was made they responded quickly. Very easy to communicate with and provided prompt service. A real hands on company. I would recommend their service to any one. Great experience. No worries. Thumbs up for me!

Description of Work
Shower valve replacement.

Category plumbing, property management

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for your review of our services! We appreciate you taking the time to make this review out of your busy day! Typically we respond instantly as our clients are top priority!! We hope your shower is cool for this sweltering hot summer we're having this year! Stay cool and thanks a million!

07/09/2017

Sarah S.

I called McCabe and spoke to Jon. He responded quickly and fixed my plumbing before it became a huge issue. Great company, great guy!

Description of Work
It was late night and my plumbing started having issues.

Category property management, apartments

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for your review. It brightens our days when we see people talking about our services like this! Have a great day and thanks again!

Bob K.

I have been aware of McCabe Management since the company was first formed. Joseph and his staff are highly professional and responsive. This company goes above and beyond to manage their clients properties and respond to all need. If you are looking for someone to manage property I would not hesitate to go with McCabe Management.

Description of Work
Property Management

Category property management

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for taking the time to review our company and the services rendered to our clients. We try hard to go above and beyond with all our clients even though we know there are some we will never make happy. We love taking on new associations that are troubled and in need or repair and we enjoy teaching boards what should and should not be done. Its our passion to take care of people using the principles of "paying it forward" united we rise up together!! Again, thank you for your review and kind words. We cant thank you enough and we really appreciate your recommendation for professional management services. :-)

Vicki S.

Excellent service they were very prompt and very efficient. Would definitely use them again

Description of Work
We had a plumbing issue and additional electric issues

Category property management

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for this review. I'll have it know the day we met you at your home it was the hottest day of the year so far!! Congrats on taking that claim to fame lol Again, thanks for the review and recommendation. If ever you need anything in the future, please feel free to reach out, we'll be here!

Deborah J.

Excellent. Punctual. Polite. Professional. Clean area when completed. Very methodical and meticulous. Will rehire again!

Description of Work
Complete whole house electrical. Replacement of lighting fixtures in and out doors. Repair of handicap ramp

Category property management

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for the review on Angies List. We LOVE hearing from our clients as it helps us determine whether or not what we're doing is up to the McCabe standards. Apparently, it is! It was also a pleasure working with you as you were easy going, allowed the guys to go at their pace without pressure, and of course I heard you make a mean cheesecake!! Again, thanks for the review and feel free to send off one of those cheesecakes ANYTIME!

10/14/2016

Matthew F.

McCabe Management is a class act. They are on-time, responsive, and make sure that all maintenance is up-to-date and done right. I would recommend their services to anyone!

Description of Work
Property management services

Category property management

[Member name removed], Thanks for the stellar review! As you know one of the first things our office focuses on is building safety and preservation of life. We strive to ensure all homeowners are protected at all times. Maintenance falls into this as well considering preventative is 99% of the game! Thanks again for the great review!

10/12/2016

Carmen H.

Awesome! Very punctual and polite people that were sent out. Took care things that were not HOA items and were our responsibility. Very grateful for the service and curtesy work.

Description of Work
McCabe manages the HOA my grandmother lives in. I had a list of items that I wanted done in her home. They were prompt, provided great customer service and were able to complete everything on the list within the first stop. The service vendor they used was nice and very professional. They were very respectful through out the entire process. Also, the HOA simply looks great! They keep the landscaping in tip top shape, and have worked tirelessly in modernizing things-since my place looks like a jungle! Thanks for your help and services your company provides to our family.

Category property management

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your great review! You're always a pleasure to hear from with your wonderful stories and great iced tea! If we can do anything for you simply reach out-we're here 24/7 for all your needs. Again, thank you for reviewing our services!

09/25/2016

Nene F.

Love that we can teach them any time. Thank you for your prompt response.

Description of Work
The AC wasn't working. As usual the response was prompt and professional. Our building never looked better. They have been renovating the building very nicely. Thank you so much.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, property management

[Member Name Removed], We thank you for a great review of our services. We're pleased to hear we're making you happy and providing you with excellent service. If you need anything ever simply call our office or text our staff day or night-we'll be here!!

04/18/2016

Brad K.

I can't speak to the quality of their management services, because no one ever called me back. I inquired via email and phone about managing a single family unit and received NO response. I even spoke to someone on the phone who said that the person who manages units in my area would call me back, and they never did. After two months of trying (multiple emails, voicemails, and the above-mentioned phone calls), I gave up. I can't imagine using a property manager who was so unresponsive.

Description of Work
I contacted McCabe Property Management about managing a single family unit.

Category property management

[Member Name Removed], It's unfortunate that you were unable to reach our office. As we checked our records it appears we have no record of your attempt to secure management. If you're still interested please reach out. We will offer a 50% first year discount for your troubles. Thank you for your review.

03/29/2016

Brett W.

I've dealt with the McCabe team multiple times as I was on the board up until the first of the year when I retired from the board. They are very friendly, knowledgeable, and always go above and beyond to satisfy our needs. Anytime (day or night even holidays) we call they are there and if there is ever an emergency, they come and have the appropriate people in line to help with the problem if there is one. My personal experience has been very pleasant when working with all of their staff and professional vendors. I specifically dealt with Joseph and Jonathan. They've always been there when I call or email and most times its moments after I reach out. I have nothing bad to say about the services they provide or the vendors they select for the association use. I feel they are defiantly the right company for management for our HOA and others alike. Our HOA consists of 600 units. They really know how to handle day to day operations with ease and are able to make most, if not all, homeowners happy. I cant thank them enough for the level of dedication they've displayed to our association over the years.

Description of Work
McCabe provides management services for my association.

Category property management

[Member Name Removed], Thanks a million for your comments!! We're happy we make you happy! If you need anything further, feel free to reach out! Again, thank you for taking the time to write this great review!

02/21/2016

William W.

The McCabe Building Management Company has improved our building and quality of life of the condo owners in many ways large and small. For example, when they were hired, they had the technical expertise to identify and replace a part of the HVAC system that was overheating, thus avoiding what could have been a serious fire. In fact, thanks to McCabe's unique technical skills, they have saved us money by handling things that we would have otherwise spent on expensive vendors (e.g., turning water on/off for the building when plumbing repairs are being made). They solved the ongoing problem we were having of an overflowing recycling area by including its maintenance and clean-up in the janitorial services provided. The response time to owners with questions and concerns is excellent. They are helpful in getting Board consensus for building improvements such as a security system and brighter stairwell lighting. McCabe goes above and beyond, giving building owners the security of knowing that our reserves, legal issues, emergencies, and day-to-day building maintenance are in good hands.

Description of Work
Condominium Building Management McCabe Management handles all of our condominium building matters with tremendous knowledge, technical expertise and professionalism from floods to lawsuits to trouble-shooting HVAC system problems. They ensure we have the best vendors with the best prices to service our building. They helped save us money for building improvements. They have been available 24/7 to handle any emergencies. McCabe is a proactive building management company.

Category property management

Thank you very much for the kind words of the services we provide! Its often said by MOST PEOPLE that we should just give in and buy a unit within the properties we manage! We really are "hands on" at ALL hours of the day and night! If there is anything further we can do to help you let us know!!

02/21/2016

Suzie A.

This company is Amazing!! By this I mean they've serviced our HOA for 6 years now. I've been on the board since they came on and when we brought them on board we were a complete wreck! Over the course of the first 2 years, they focused on strengthening our finances and lowering our operational cost. The rest from there has been dedicated on changing our entire building and its now completed and we absolutely love it! They get the best cost price when bidding, have the best/cleanest staff and vendors we've ever worked with, and are always Johnny on the spot!!! I always rave about them and often refer people their way because I truly believe in their management style, vision, and passion. Les and the office staff are friendly, nice on the phones, and often there very late at night. Jonathan and Joseph are very easy to work with. They know their S(*%!! They're intuitive, educated, and informative. I cant really say I've ever had a bad time with them and if they make a mistake (which is pretty rare) they fix it right away. If you're looking for management, GO NO FURTHER!

Description of Work
They provide EXCELLENT service to our HOA Board and Membership.

Category property management

Thank you for the great review!! We are pleased to hear that we are doing things right! We enjoy hearing each person's individual opinions on our services! We try hard to stay on top of everything and as you know, sometimes that's more of a challenge than what meets the eye!! Again thank you so very much!

02/06/2016

zaven K.

In 2015, my apartment suffered great water damage from the unit upstairs. The incident occurred on a Sunday. I immediately went to the site, and was pleasantly surprised to see that prior to my arrival, McCabe Property Management company's representative Mr. Jonathan Jensen had already begin working. Before I had arrived, he had completed emergency procedures to minimize the damage as much as possible. I had purchased the apartment a little over a month prior to the incident, and was not yet familiar with the company. Today, after months of hard work, my apartment is back to normal. Over the past 5 months I experienced McCabe Property Management company's professional, compassionate, and efficient service, which far surpassed all of my expectations every time. Not only were they professional, but they were truly invested in supporting me and helping me with the simplest of tasks. All of my requests were conducted immediately, and the staff was always available to help. They got back to my every phone call, every message, and every email quickly, which helped me to restore my apartment to its normal condition. McCabe Property Management company, and especially Jonathan Jensen, deserve my thanks, my appreciation, and the greatest reward, a referral. Unfortunately I do not currently have a business to refer to them, but based on my experience, I highly recommend them to all those in need of management for their units and apartments.

Description of Work
property management

Category property management

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the referral but most importantly thank you for your review! We depend greatly on first hand users to convey the experience they share with our office. Though we know you had a serious flood we are pleased to hear that we helped you as we did in your time of need!! It is our obligation to protect and aid our homeowners when these things happen! We enjoy helping people and know how much that means when these things happen. As always, thank you so much for taking the time to make this review and if there is anything further we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you, Mangement

11/20/2015

Jessica C.

This management company just rocks!! They are on time, intuitive, modern, and great with people. The staff is great and the service is far greater than most of the management companies we've ever had. They provide us with monthly reports and those reports are always spot on and very accurate. The 24 hour service they provide is always active even on holidays!! I couldn't agree more with having them for years to come! The only thing they lack is a real down time to enjoy life!! They make things so easy!! Thanks guys! Strongly suggest them to everyone I know and those reading this review!!

Description of Work
They are the property management company for our building

Category property management

Thank you [member name removed] for taking the time to write a great review!! We are very pleased to hear that you are happy with our services and look forward to providing you with excellent service for years to come!

10/16/2015

Johnny A.

McCabe Management manages every aspect of our building. Being on the board we are responsible to find a management company that can provide full financials, deal with day to day business, handle home owner concerns and address emergencies if they arise. To date, McCabe has managed our building now for approximately 3 years and we couldn't be happier. Les, their full time office manager, oversees the operation of the staff in the office and Jonathan handles all of the Operational field work. They really do go the extra mile to ensure that their on call staff of over 40 people gets the job done and completed accurately and fast. Joseph handles the tougher things probably because he is the owner and has been in the industry since 1993. I guess that's one of the perks of working for yourself!! I can honestly say that I have never seen a management company do the things they do to provide for their clients. We have their highest level of service which is full service 24/7. I have personally brought Jonathan and his staff water/food on several holidays they've been stuck working at our building. I've seen Jonathan here at 3 am and 3pm!! The guy is a bull and either he's good at faking that smile or he truly is passionate about building management and the minutiae involved-a rare attribute these days. For the service they provide, as long as its within the law, follows suite with the Davis-Sterling act, and is ethical, they will do it! They're always happy to help and often stay to teach their findings and explain why something has to be repaired/replaced. They are definitely proactive rather than reactive and will tell you straight to the point how things need to be done and why. We are UNDERPAYING for the services they are providing!! Don't waste your time sorting through the bogus companies out there-McCabe Management is the real deal!!!!

Description of Work
McCabe Property Management manages our 10 unit HOA building located in Los Angels, CA

Category property management

Thank you for the great review!! We hope we continue to make you happy!

10/16/2015

Sonia G.

Hi there! Our association is managed by McCabe and they do a great job! They are punctual, dedicated, and always follow through. Our association was mis managed by another management company in Los Angeles. When they took over our association was in shambles and not a desirable property to buy into. Our finances were a mess and our paperwork was an absolute disaster. To top it off we had plumbing problems happening on a nearly daily basis. Within 6 months McCabe accomplished what the board and I thought would take a few years. We are very impressed by the level of service, commitment, and dedication we have received from them. They claim "they're hands on so you can be hands off" and that's VERY true!! Before you can even say whats you think is wrong they tell you what the problem is AND how to fix it!! What company/service provider in this day and age is that attention to detail oriented?! The financial management by their team is a very solid and accurate. We discovered that they have an in house CPA and that they are very by the books. Unlike most management companies, they simply will not pay a vendor without an invoice and have a pretty good system of checks and balances in place to ensure the work is completed before vendors are paid. During the initial setup process, they combed all of our accounts and saved us $1300 a month by changing the service contracts to ensure we get our non profit credit that most all companies offer! They really make management look easy and actually pretty fun if you ask me! I get asked all the time from friends and family who our management company is and without hesitation or doubt I proudly tell them!! Thanks for reading!

Description of Work
Full-Service Property Management for a Medium Home Owners Association Building

Category property management

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the great review. If we can do anything further to make your experience a great one just let us know!

Regency Property Management

Regency Property Management serves landlords throughout Southern California. We specialize in professional management services for owners of all types of rental properties -- Single and multi-family income rentals (including condos and townhomes), apartment buildings and condominium associations. Once you become a member of the Regency family you can expectt the following services: • Rent Collection -- Semi-Annual Interior Inspections • Lease Administration -- 24-Hour Emergency Response • Rent Market Review -- Tenant Screening • Full Financial Reporting -- Lease Negotiations & Renewals • Budget Projection & Cost Tracking -- Assistance to legal Services • Routine Maintenance -- Tenant Relations • Preventative Maintenance -- Regular Site Inspections • Detailed Monthly & Weekly Activity Log -- Marketing Vacancies

Perch Properties

Perch Properties, a premier real estate brokerage would like to become your trsted partner in real estate for life. We offer services in home purchases, sales, property managment, real estate investments, building and land development. We are a tech savey brokerage and utilize and promote latest technologies includig QR codes, virtual tours, staged, photoshop enhanced images, interactive floor plans, property websites, social media marketing (facebook, twitter, linked in etc). Weather you are in the market looking to buy, sell or invest Perch Properties looking forward to work with you.

Drain Master Plumbing & Rooter

Founded in 1993, Drain Master Plumbing & Rooter has served the greater Los Angeles area with a commitment to service and value. We have the experience and expertise to get the job done right the first time. Our skilled professionals use only the finest tools and materials and their trucks are the most well-equipped in Los Angeles County

Property Management
    Apartments
    State of California
    CABRE
    01/01/2019

MPM provides Financial, Maintenance, and 24hr Emergency Response Services at unbeatable pricing and we employ cutting edge technology to make it happen! All our clients get our VIP treatment. All clients receive FULL SERVICE at no extra cost!! UNBEATABLE!! We tailor our services to meet your every needs and focus on doing it right the first time! We DO NOT cut corners. We will MEET and BEAT ALL competitor pricing!! Inquire today for a detailed phone interview and price scale.