Finyl Vinyl Building Products

Founded 1998 • With Angi since August 2005

115 n standard ave

Santa Ana, CA 92701

Like many, if not most companies, Finyl Vinyl was started as a family owned business and it still is. The Barlow family has a long history in the construction industry. During the seventies and eighties they built custom homes and ran a successful roofing company. In 1999 Don Barlow saw an opportunity to expand into the then, infant vinyl fencing business. Today, the vinyl business is our only business and has expanded to include a line of vinyl structures. Our focus on vinyl has allowed us to pioneer vinyl gazebos, vinyl pergolas, vinyl arbors, vinyl patio covers as well as grow our core business of vinyl fencing, gates and vinyl railings. California Contractors Business License # 778874...

05/08/2019

Michael P.

Excellent price, lowest bid and installed in 3 weeks. Only reason I didn’t rate it A in punctuality is due to the fact that they delayed my original installation date due to parts being unavailable. Once I contacted the owner, it got resolved immediately and installed two days later. The installer even installed some hooks and doorstops that I provided. Overall extremely satisfied.

Description of Work
Gate replacement

Category driveway gates

04/09/2019

Keith M.

Very satisfied with gate and installation. Pictures of old and new are attached.

Description of Work
Replace 12" Gate on back alley.

04/09/2019

Keith M.

Had used to replace a large back alley gate, so called Finyl Vinyl for quotes on Monday. Scott came and took measurements then gave me quote options on Wednesday. Said they could install in one week on Thursday. I ordered two gates. Called on Thursday to tell me the installers were hung up on another job and rescheduled for Saturday. Saturday morning two old gates were removed and new ones installed. Very professional in all respects. Pictures of the old and new gates are attached.

Description of Work
Needed to replace two side gates.

03/17/2019

alex G.

Mike came out in the rain with an umbrella, measured the wall and gave us a quote on time and said it would be done before our party. Ulysses and his brother Christian came out and put the wall up in a matter of hours. It looks great. Thanks Finyl Vinyl!

Description of Work
I needed a wall topper, a two foot extension on top of our block wall. I needed it by a certain deadline because we had a party planned in the backyard.

03/08/2018

GRANT B.

Very professional. Called before appointment. Showed up right on time and took measurements and helped me select options. Unfortunately, their quote was significantly higher than a few other "A" rated Angie's List providers. I spoke to them on the phone about a week after they visited my home for an estimate and they didn't seem willing to budge on price.

Description of Work
Needed approximately 16 feet of fencing and 2 gates installed on both sides of my home

02/19/2018

Jason P.

Everything started out fine. Scott from Finyl Vinyl came out and went over the details of the install. Quality looked good and price was good. I scheduled them to install 2/16 between 9am-11am. They sent me emails and called to confirm my appointment. And here we go... 2/15 mid-afternoon: I got a call from Finyl Vinyl and they told me they would be delayed and come 2/16 1-3pm. I said ok. 2/16 at 3:14pm: 14 Mintues past appointment. I call Finyl Vinyl. They said they are another 1-2 hours out. Why didn't they call me to tell me this? We reschedule for 2/17 2/16 at 4:42pm: Finyl Vinyl calls me and says they can't do 2/17. We reschedule again for 2/19 at 7-9am 2/19 at 9:01am: 1 minute past appointment, I'm not waiting this time. I call Finyl Vinyl. They tell me the installer is 45 minutes out. Again, where is the call? 2/19 at 10:40am: Well past 45 Mintues. I call Finyl Vinyl and ask to speak with someone in charge. I get Marie. She tell me the installer is 20 minutes out. I tell her that 1 Hour and 40 Minutes ago the installer was 45 Minutes out. 2/19 at 11:30am: Finyl Vinyl main office (Marie) calls to confirm installer has showed up. Nope. No one is here. 2/19 at 12:10pm: Installer shows up (Ramiro). 3 hours after appointment window (7-9am). 2/19 at 5:30pm: Installer leaves. Project is not completed. Not happy with the install so far. (See Pictures) 2/20 at 7:10am: Installer shows up. I talk with him about poor installation. He assures me that he will fix it. 2/20 at 11:20am: Installer "Completes" project. I'm not happy with tape and spray paint to cover up bad installation. 2/20 at 11:50am: Installer leaves unpaid to get to another project that he is behind on. 2/20 at 12:02pm: Call main office to complain. Asked to speak to manager. Talked with Alvaro. I tell him of all the issues. He asks for pictures 2/20 at 12:12pm: Sent pictures of bad install. (See Pictures) 2/21 at 4:00pm: Alvaro called and said he didn't get pictures. Figured out it was my fault (wrong number) and sent pictures again. Alvaro responded that he would talk it over with the team. 2/22 all day conversations with Alvaro. 2/23 at 7:45am: Installer (Ramiro) shows up to fix the fence. 2/23 at 9:45am Installer leaves. Work is finally done.

Description of Work
Install 3 Vinyl Gates

02/09/2018

DIANE H.

FANTASTIC! If I had more fencing to do, they would be the first I'd call!

Description of Work
FINYL VINYL replaced a wooden fence panel on one side of our house with a vinyl privacy fence panel. And replaced a 2-gate opening on the other with 1 large gate w/ a smaller, stationary panel on the other side of our house. Two weeks before job done, they came out, measured, and emailed me the full Quote. I approved and mailed them 1/2 payment. They came a bit late but within the planned timeframe (7a - 9a) on a Friday morning, removed the old gate/fence portions, and installed the new gate/fence portions with a heavy duty, white vinyl product. They cleaned everything up and hauled away the old fence pieces and were done in less than 4 hours. We were VERY IMPRESSED!!

06/23/2017

Rick G.

They did a great job. The thing that stood out was the professionalism and the dedication, and doing it right.

Description of Work
They did our gate.

11/12/2016

Robert C. H.

This experience with Finyl Vinyl was absolutely fabulous. We located Finyl Vinyl through Angie's List, phone contacted them directly and stopped by their Showroom to see the actual products. Finyl Vinyl manufactures their own vinyl products locally (Huntington Beach, CA). We were very impressed with the knowledgeable and professional employees at Finyl Vinyl. An appointment was set for measuring and was kept promptly by Mike. A diagram was made, contract was written and pricing was specified (with Angie's List discount and Senior Discount) for the manufacture and installation of vinyl front porch railings. It was specified that manufacture would take about 5-6 weeks (no problem). Leslie called several times during the manufacturing process with updates. Leslie then called and set an installation appointment. Carlos (installer) arrived early, introduced & identified himself, explained everything that he was going to do and promptly began work. Carlos is very friendly, courteous, professional, knowledgeable and definitely a credit to this company. We are extremely pleased with the product, the installation and the end result of our new front porch railings. A big "thank you" goes out to Don Barlow (Owner) and his entire, fantastic Finyl Vinyl team. We will absolutely recommend Finyl Vinyl to everyone that inquires as to "who did your vinyl front porch railings?"

Description of Work
Manufacture and installation of vinyl front porch railings.

Category decks,fencing

10/10/2016

Linda H.

I was so impressed from my first call until their team came to install. They were timely and very careful during the installation. They cleaned up and made sure that they checked all their work.

Description of Work
I needed do replace a gate. We added privacy toppers surrounding our house and replaced our patio.

Category decks,fencing,driveway gates,patios

09/12/2016

Roy R.

Poor customer service, dont bother calling. Was placed on hold for a long while then was hung up on.

Description of Work
Vinyl Fence

06/14/2016

Samiha B.

Installed privacy fence, 55' long: tan, custom 6' high, open picket, scallop top. Also, two gates, same height and description.

Description of Work
Tan custom open picket scallop top fence, and two gates installed. Thanks to the Product Specialist, Scott Sailers, who was always on top of things, and swift when needed to be. Work went smoothly.

02/29/2016

Fausto F.

Great service and excellent product. Everything went smoothly from getting quote, to scheduling install to the actual install itself.

Description of Work
Installed 110 ft long 6 ft tall white vinyl fence.

02/14/2016

Jennifer C.

This is the second time we have used Finyl Vinyl and as with the first experience, they came out provided an estimate and delivered quality work on time. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced gate on existing vinyl fence.

01/29/2016

RICHARD and LYNN B.

We used a different fence company. No real details since we did not use them.

Description of Work
Bid for new wood fence. Three different neighbors. Works with Home Depot. Nice People.

01/26/2016

christopher B.

Everything went well. Their bid was very slightly above the others I received, but I wanted to work with a provider based in my city and I liked their product better. Installers arrived on time and finished early. I will call them again when I replace my other gate in a year or two.

Description of Work
Vinyl gate with key lock and small portion of fencing.

12/27/2015

Brad C.

Went great - got estimate and a couple of weeks later had fencing installed - clean and precise. Great job

Description of Work
Installed vinyl fencing around our home

12/16/2015

Nate F.

We checked around at several reputable fencing companies and Finyl Vinyl offered us the best pricing. The quality of their fencing was great and they were always quick to respond. They even were quick to respond to a last-minute decision to change the fencing material.

Description of Work
Side yard fence replacement

12/15/2015

Donald L.

They did exactly what they quoted and it looks great!

Description of Work
Removed 45 feet of old wooden fence and installed solid vinyl fence. No gates.

10/21/2015

Mark F.

I am very impressed. There was a front office miscommunication, and the installer was originally sent out (on a Saturday, and accomodation to my schedule) without the gate. I contacted the company, and despite the office being closed, they got the gate and had the installer pick it up and come by later in the afternoon to instal it. I don't think I would have wanted to if I were him; it was very hot that day! But he got it in, it and the panel and the fenceposts are beautiful! They make the rest of the neighbors gates look sort of shabby. Really good company.

Description of Work
Replaced rotted out gate and fence panel.

08/31/2015

Brian R.

Finyl Vinyl built great quality gates for me that I think are beautiful, but they made them too narrow, resulting in large gaps. My experience with their company to get this addressed properly was a horrible ordeal. My experience with Finyl Vinyl was filled with lots of calls to different people, lack of appropriate communication, and repeated mistakes on their behalf. I could have had a great experience with Finyl Vinyl, and I think any can have a great experience, except that I didn't feel their product that they sold to me on paper was what they delivered. Here are the keys to a successful experience buying gates with Finyl Vinyl: 1. Accept up front that their products are intended to have a 3/4" gap between posts/gates or between gate doors. This may end up being 1" or more, and their default response will be to install gap guards. If that does not seem acceptable, discuss with them up front what your options are should the product not meet your gap expectations. 2. Accept that your appointment may be repeatedly pushed back (this is common in many contractors) 3. Accept that you may have to have them come back multiple times (their installers are very pleasant and helpful, but they don't always get appropriate direction. Here are some highlights and problems with Finyl Vinyl based on my interactions with them after my gates were installed and I was displeased with the gaps -- which I could stick my hand through on all sides: There is no one in charge overseeing a customer's job. FV has sales people, installers, and schedulers and phone/customer support. Not one of them is in charge of a customer and rarely knows what the other group is doing. This is by far the most frustrating and caused me the most anger: - On my first call to customer service, I acknowledge that gap guards would be fine for one gate, but that I wanted someone to come measure for my double gate. I was sent installers -- they installed gap guards on the wrong gate and admitted that they could not measure -- only salespeople - I called customer service to inquire about getting some one to measure. I was told to call the salesman - I called the salesman and asked him to come back out and look at the gates. I asked when he could come out and I was told to call his scheduler - Salesman came out to measure (see below) and felt that gaps of over 1" should be OK with gap guards (fillers). I said I felt the door was made to small and that I should not have to live with that mistake. I asked for a new door to me made wider. Salesman left and told me customer service would call me - Customer service called to tell me that they were going to pick up doors and work on them same day and return. I asked what they were going to do. She said I had to call salesman - Called salesman and he said they were going to take apart and put in wider pieces. - Doors got picked up on Fri at 7:30 AM. No one called and doors were not returned. I called and got after hours phone service. I demanded that they call and give me status. No call. I had a 7' opening on the side of my house where I live on the corner of a busy street. I could not let my dog out and felt unsafe. I had to build my own barrier -- not reimbursed for my time or parts either. - I got a call from another customer service person the next day and said tehy doors would be installed between 11am and 12:30. Finally, at 4:30PM, the doors were installed. The installers did a great job, but I was already to upset at the company. Other Issues that can be overcome if you ask the right questions: Their sales people are not up front about issues such as the gaps and what the customer must accept. When the sales person came out to relook at the gate, I stated that I didn't think their sketch rendering was reflective of the real world gaps. I noted that I knew it was not perfectly to scale, but I felt the rendering of the gap was unrealistic for what they expect the customer to accept. In my case the sales person said to me, "Well maybe I should not be doing drawings." I was floored, but replied that they should be honest and write down 3/4" on the gap between post and gate. Don Barlow Called Don Barlow (owner/president) called me on Saturday (the day after the gates were taken) and had no explanation for why I did not receive a call. This goes back to no one being in charge or thinking about the customer and the overall operation. Each group is a silo (sales, customer service, installers) and has no idea the overall operation and goal. In the end... Finyl Vinyl did deliver appropriately sized doors. Their installers did put gap guards on all gates. They did fine tune the gates and yes, the gates are beautiful. However, no customer should have to go through what I went through. You could be happy with Finyl Vinyl, but it's up to you to make sure you know what you are getting and make sure you have a contingency plan worked out with them if something doesn't get done the way you want it to be (or as you felt you ordered).

Description of Work
Finyl Vinyl built two custom gates for me. They installed installed them and ended up resizing one gate (a set of double doors) to make it wider. The first gate was a single gate on the left of my house and the second was a double gate on the right side of my house.

06/09/2015

Susan O.

Finyl Vinyl workers showed up on time and they were hard workers and had our gazebo finished in about 6 hours. It turned out beautiful! Our only complaint is it is not waterproof. It rained a few days after the gazebo was up and, to our surprise, some fairly substantial amount of rain leaked in thru the gazebo roof onto our outdoor furniture pillows and area rug. When we called Don and questioned this he told us that a gazebo is built for shade not rain. This was a bit of a disappointment as we had assumed the roof would have been sealed against this. It is not. Assuming that it would not leak does not seem to us to be an unreasonable assumption and we would have appreciated if we would have been made aware of this in the beginning when we first talked to Don. Our work around has been to cover the furniture and rug with a tarp when expecting rain. All that being said, we do love our gazebo. It is excellent quality and a nice addition to our backyard.

Description of Work
Finyl Vinyl built a gazebo in our back yard.

Category decks,fencing

03/22/2015

Linda R.

Found the company on Angie's List. Called and setup an estimate for two new gates and a long stretch of fence to go between us and our neighbor. Mike Daily was very professional, took his time with measuring and gave me the estimate. He also broke down the estimate for me to show our neighbors. The install was 6 weeks later than we were told but that was ok. I never got a call to confirm installation but our neighbor did. Glad they let me know. Since we had a long stretch of fence it had to be really straight and level so as not to stick out as you viewed it in our backyard. I reinterated this concern to Mr. Daily and he assured me it would be straight. Unfortunately, it was not level. I spoke with the head installer and he said it had to remain that way. After showing him 3 times where the fence was a good 6 inches higher, I had to call the company office and insist that someone come out to see the fence. No one came out, but the installer adjusted it about 4 inches before they poured the cement. It is still raised, but not as obvious as it would have been if left up to the installer. A fence of 20 feet might not be noticeable from your yard, but 135 feet of straight wall fencing stuck out quite a bit. Second, the installer did not attach the iron fence to the new fence. The iron fence was left with a gap of over 5 inches in some areas and not finished off. I had to finally ask the installer to leave my yard after he kept saying it was not going to be attached and he was arguing with me. I called the company again. They were very nice but no one came out. They said it would be fixed the next day. The next day came and the installer attached the iron fence to the new vinyl fence (as it should have been done in the beginning). I have never had to ask a construction person or installer to leave my yard. This was very upsetting and we felt as the paying customer that the workers should have corrected the situation or called their boss. Second, all the concrete from where the old iron fence was installed was left in the ground. The iron was just cut off and left in the ground so I will not be able to plant anything along the fence. They were going to leave one of the cemet concrete balls (probably 50lbs) in my yard and when I told them to make sure they took it, I found it under a bush in the back of my yard. They were about to leave and I told them to take it. Lastly, when my friends saw the fence they pointed out to me that the fence was not installed with 2 X 4's in the posts which would have increased the strength of the fence. I am fearful that the fence will blow down as I live in a very windy canyon. The gates are fine and operate just fine.

Description of Work
We purchased 2 new gates for front of house and split a fence between neighbors that went back 135 feet.

01/06/2015

Deborah L.

They were great! They showed up on time and were very friendly and professional. They were meticulous with the clean up and the new white vinyl fence looks beautiful!

Description of Work
Built a fence

10/16/2014

Bonnie A M.

He showed up when he was supposed and did what he was supposed to. They were there when they were supposed to and on time. The price was a little higher that other providers but they are the only ones who would do what I wanted.

Description of Work
They installed a fence for me.

TLS Builders Inc.

We at Royal Turf Landscape and Hardscape specialize in artificial turf installation, pavers, concrete, gravel, DG, Mulch installs and designs for a low maintenance and modern upgrade. I've been in business for years for one main reason: Our customers are treated like family. With family you handle everything with care and attention. We are here to guide you and give you our advice based on your goal and dream. We believe in value. Call us today so we can turn your dreams into reality. 310-699-7650

OC Decks- Water Proofing Systems

Preventative and Corrective Waterproofing Services for Decks, Roofs, Concrete, and all Below Grade structures. We are located in Huntington Beach and offer our Waterproofing Services to Huntington Beach, Palos Verde, Long Beach, Seal Beach, Newport, Laguna Beach, San Clemente, all surrounding communities. We are committed to resolving anxiety and stress caused by water damage through efficient, effective, and lasting waterproofing and rebuilding solutions

Ameriside

We hope you’ll find everything you’re searching for here, from information about Ameriside products and services, to some simple home improvement tips that can help make your life easier. With over 30 years of experience, the people behind Ameriside have been serving the remodeling needs of homeowners in Southern California with everything from vinyl windows to siding to texture coating, and we’re excited to continue our services for many more years to come. Our services extend to the Los Angeles, Inland Empire, Orange County, and San Diego areas. Ameriside isn’t just about great products; it’s about giving customers what they really want – a superior level of service from courteous and professional experts. Our customers say it best, so feel free to read a few of their stories. And please contact us with any questions or comments you may have. We always want to hear from you! Sincerely, Dave Palmer, CEO

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal

Fabrication of Vinyl Fences and Aluminum Fences Vinyl Patio Covers, Vinyl Gazebos, Vinyl Railings & Vinyl Driveway-Gates and Vinyl Gates.

Not applicable.