DP Palmer Painting & Restoration

Founded 1994 • With Angi since March 2012

DP Palmer Painting & Restoration has been proudly offering design, restoration, and painting services in Seattle, Bellevue and Renton areas for many years. Our priority is the satisfaction of our clients, so we always take the time to ensure you are satisfied with the design of your space before starting any work. Our licensed, insured, and bonded painters and designers have years of experience in small and large painting projects in Seattle. They enjoy working closely with clients to ensure each project is perfect down to the last detail. When hiring DP Palmer Painting & Restoration for your interior and exterior painting, wall restoration and commercial design area painting needs, we ensure that the experience is completely hassle-free. We will personally empty the spaces to be painted with the utmost care, packaging fragile objects and doing all of the heavy lifting for you. You can rest assured that your floors and carpets will be well protected and that our professional painters will work diligently to ensure the quality of their work. We will never rush a residential or commercial painting job. We will use top quality paint and tools to complete the contract to your specifications. We will never leave any tools, stains or materials behind that you must clean up. We will always stand behind our work and satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. Additional contact name - Suzanne Hinton. Additional email - larrylawrencepal@gmail.com....

A Service Provider's profile image

house painting (49)woodworking (25)interior painting (17)pressure washing (17)decks & porches (15)siding companies (14)window replacement (8)deck cleaning (7)drywall (7)tile installation (7)home remodeling (6)handyman (6)

09/28/2022

Bri H.

Larry Palmer has been in the business for many years for a reason, quality and professionalism. Both are almost non-existent these days in the world of contractors. Larry coordinated his teams to work fast and efficiently during the middle of the winter to replace over 50 windows and 6 skylights in our newly purchased home.They did it in just a couple days, including cleaning the inside and outside so they were perfect. These were not normal windows either, we bought a house with wood framed windows and wanted to preserve the aesthetic beauty of the frames and hardware, both which are irreplaceable these days with the current quality. Larry made it happen! We bought a home knowing it needed some TLC and we could not have kept the integrity of the home without the integrity of Larry and his team. We will be using them for future home renovation projects from now on, he managed the project like a true master. I've had other home projects that have taken over 6 months and a lot of headaches on my part, in hindsight, I would have paid more to have better quality, punctuality and not had to project manage myself. Book early with Larry as they are very busy!

Description of Work
Classic wood frame window and skylight replacement

Category replacement windows, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 12/01/2021

Review for DP Palmer Painting & Restoration - 9773 Arrowsmith Ave S, Seattle, WA - 39889428

09/26/2022

Christopher M.

Absolutely fantastic experience from start to finish. I’m a pretty tough judge when it comes to getting work done on my house, and Larry and his guys did an impeccable job. We have a 100 year old home that’s been neglected by previous owners. We needed scraping, sanding, paint, caulk, wood replaced, windows replaced, and clever solutions to the various misdeeds from sloppy past contractors. There wasn’t a single idea or question Larry couldn’t handle, in fact everything we threw at him he improved. No headaches, no delays, an absolute dream for a homeowner. Larry was on site every day, his guys worked 6 days a week, always on time and always on task. It was seriously impressive. Additionally Larry really cares about his team and that in turn is reflected by them. The atmosphere was so friendly and relaxed the entire time. I’ve had some rough goes with contractors in the past and this was truly a healing experience. If you are lucky enough to get a chance to work with him, take it, and be extremely grateful you found someone who cares about his work as much as your care about your house. Thanks again Larry!

Description of Work
Complete reset of siding, scraping, painting, caulking, woodwork, window replacement, metal work.

Category remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 09/25/2022

08/25/2022

MICHAEL K.

We moved to Seattle ten years ago and purchased what was originally a two story brick Tudor built in 1924. It has since been subject to two updates — one in the early 1960s and a more substantial change (including the addition of a third story patio and loft) in the mid 2000s. It had been about 15 years since the exterior had last been renewed. The brick, which covered about 70 percent of the house, appeared to be in great shape but the house had a wide variety of secondary surfaces all requiring significant work. There were concrete blocks and poured concrete surfaces that looked extremely run-down. We had a very large iron entry gate leading to the back yard as well as an iron “Juliette Balcony” extending from the loft and both were in significant need of restoration. Paint was peeling from the wood trim and in several places the trim was starting to rot. The backyard fence consisted of two entirely different wood materials, several stone surfaces were in need of patching and restoration, and the doorframe leading from the third floor patio was rotting and had to be re-built. These were just a few of the issues. Larry came out to inspect things last summer. It was immediately evident that this would be a contractor experience unlike others that I have had. The first thing I observed was his enthusiasm. He seemed to love our house notwithstanding its apparent defects and informed me that he wanted to restore it to its maximum potential. Larry recognized the wide variety of building materials that had been used on the house and patiently recommended alternative treatments to restore and enhance those materials. His knowledge and enthusiasm blew me away and we agreed to do the project this summer. Larry’s crew, consisting of Rufino, Manuel, Rudy, and Carlos, was absolutely wonderful. Rufino, who served as the master carpenter, has been with Larry for over two decades. Manuel, Carlos, and Rudy are brothers and have been with Larry for over eight years. How often do you find a crew that has worked with each other that long? They were a pleasure to have around and their work was exemplary — craftspeople and master painters all. Larry would typically visit the job site once or twice a day to review the work and be available to the owner for consultation if needed. He has only one crew and your job is the only one with which he is concerned. Cathy and I could not be happier with the result. The entire experience was first-rate and we strongly recommend these wonderful people for your home restoration and painting project.

Description of Work
Exterior Restoration and Painting

Category handyman service, lighting, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/08/2022

05/25/2022

Brooke B.

Larry and crew did an extensive rehab to the exterior of my home - rebuilding porch, custom mill work, repair of siding, plus painting. The job done was extremely high quality and thorough. I was especially impressed with the prep job done before painting began and the very detailed carpentry that was done. The crew was exceptional. They were careful not to let any issues spill over to the neighbors, kept my yard organized while work was ongoing, and left the job site spotless when they were all done with everything. When it comes to working with Larry you get what you pay for, which is high quality workmanship, attention to detail, and a skilled crew.

Description of Work
Full Exterior Rehab & Painting

Category decks, glass repair, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 07/16/2021

Review for DP Palmer Painting & Restoration - 9773 Arrowsmith Ave S, Seattle, WA - 39745358

10/25/2021

Clinton P.

Inimitable and exquisite services. DP Palmer restored the exterior of our 1913 craftsman home to a glowing but unpretentious elegance. The team is conscientious, highly skilled, affable, and reliable. They worked against the capricious late summer/early fall weather, adapting their approach to meet the changing circumstances. When we encountered the unforeseen, Larry worked quickly with us to define options and keep the project moving. Anticipating our needs and taking steps to hold global supply chain interruptions at bay, the DP Palmer team worked our project from start to finish every day except Sundays. I unequivocally recommend DP Palmer to those seeking a superior outcome and pleasant customer journey.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting and Repair

Category decks, remodeling, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, drain cleaning, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/24/2021

09/19/2021

Mark O.

Our project began with an exterior painting project. We solicited a number of quotes that fell into two categories, modest prep work (pressure wash and cursory scraping) and paint w/ Home Depot quality paint or extensive prep work ( scraping sanding, repairing, color consultation etc) and high quality painting. DP Palmer's estimate was in line with other high quality estimates. Larry Palmer (owner) was very responsive to our inquiries and was excited to work on our home. He matched the estimate of work to our budget and included a number of additional restoration items such as repairing concrete stairs and tuck pointing the chimney. Selecting the paint colors was a multi-step process where Larry listened to our ideas, gave some advice but ultimately brought ~ 6 colors that matched our interest. After seeing them on the house we completely changed our mind. From there Larry guided us into selecting a color we absolutely loved but never would have selected ourselves. Once the project began Ruffino and the rest of the work crew worked incredibly hard and carefully, pressure washing the house, patio, walk ways, stair well etc. Shortly into the project Larry suggested that we should consider residing our cedar shakes instead of painting over them. We settled on redoing two sides which increased our cost and scope accordingly. The crew did an amazing job with residing the cedar shakes, matching the existing pattern but with much more consistency and attention to detail than the existing work. At one point Larry suggested we do a major repair of our exterior concrete stairs which is something we had considered but not as part of this project. we agreed to add it to the project. Ruffino did a masterful job with the concrete work making an old ugly stairwell into a work of art. We appreciated Larry's bold suggestions of trim and window paint colors, steering us away from the common white trim to a bold yellow that complimented the dark green house and purple window trim. The final scope addition was purchasing, installing and staining a new front door. This was a last minute decision and local selection is limited. Larry made great suggestions though and was a good sounding board to guide our selection. Larry was on site every morning checking with both us and the crew to make sure everything was going according to plan. His color and design suggestions were fantastic. Larry stayed in constant contact throughout the project, both in person and via text. We enjoyed getting to know the crew of Ruffino Rudy, Manuel, and Carlos who are all skilled craftsmen. We couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. Before the project our house exterior was average for the neighborhood but no we feel that it is one of two best looking houses in a 5 block radius. Overall the project took much longer than estimated due to the additional work added. The crew worked diligently, carefully and quickly, even adjusting to very early morning starts due to the crazy June heatwave we had. I have recommended DP Palmer to several of our neighbors who have complimented us on the work. The final job ended up being almost twice the estimate, due to project creep. Before going with them, know that DP Palmer is not a painting company, they are a restoration company that does painting. The overall quality it top notch and definitely worth contacting if you want to make a long term investment into your house.

Description of Work
house painting that turned into exterior renovation

Category decks, remodeling, siding, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 08/01/2021

05/27/2021

Jeannette M.

Skipping to the end, I couldn't be happier. We own an old craftsman that we bought many years ago and have been working on it as a labor of love for years. We decided to sell it and had to tackle a job that has eluded us. In many of the repairs we had to make, we had to replace wood trim but we wanted to match to the original trim. We also had missing pieces that would require finish carpentry. Larry came to review the project and gave excellent advise on the esthetics of some of the trickier items. His crew came in and was very professional and courteous. Larry was available at all times when questions came up and quickly addressed all of my questions and concerns. We hoped that the matching would be adequate but it so exceeded our expectations and now looks like that picture we had in our minds when we took it on years ago. The advise Larry gave us on the external stain really took the curb appeal from blah to popping. It's beautiful and it is bitter sweet to finally achieve our vision and then sell it. Would highly recommend Larry and his crew for your project.

Description of Work
Both external and internal stain work including matching existing original stain in older craftsman home.

Category decks, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/21/2021

05/20/2021

Elizabeth M.

Larry (owner) and his crew did a terrific job, with great attention to details. Our house looks amazing now! We were especially impressed that Larry himself showed up at our job site every day, and his crew was also very professional--most of them have worked with Larry for several years, which tells you a lot. Larry also was great to work with, both offering good advice and listening to us.

Description of Work
Exterior repairs to porch plus exterior paint (house and garage)

Category ceramic tile, decks, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 05/10/2021

04/19/2021

arlene A.

Amazing, I could not have imagined the out come to be so impressive. This is the most wonderful team I have ever worked with. It is a small hand picked crew with great ownership leadership. The problem solving and design work was exceptional. My home never looked so wonderful. I am sure that they increased the value of my home. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting and window replacement

Category ceramic tile, replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 04/19/2021

Well it’s a mutual admiration relationship here. This couple has (by a margin) attained accomplishments in life unattainable by the vast majority of us mere mortals. They’ve been sterling folks to work with but bring your Aplus chops if you ever get the privilege to work with them. It’s been a distinct honor for my crew and myself to work on a home in such a gorgeous setting. Even their dogs treat you like long lost pals. We hated leaving. What a way to start the season. Go Hawks!

12/30/2020

Linden W.

I purchased a mid-century condo in the Queen Anne Neighborhood 3 years ago and had contemplated a kitchen remodel from the day I moved in… Removing a wall separating the kitchen from an expansive view of Mt Rainier, the City & the Sound was my primary motivation. My hesitation was the number of horror stories I had heard about “living through a remodel ”and how every project inevitably takes longer than estimated and cost over runs are hard to control. I had a clear vision of what I wanted but no real idea how to achieve that within a reasonable timeframe and on budget. I was referred to DP Palmer by a close friend. After meeting with Larry and reviewing the scope of the job and timeframe I was apprehensively excited to begin. From the first morning I realized that his crew of 4 were not only fast, efficient and incredibly talented but also worked together as a well-oiled machine. My existing kitchen was removed, walls & ceiling taken back to the studs in preparation for electrical and then drywalled, primed and painted and ready for cabinet installation within 10 days (with the Thanksgiving holiday in the middle!) New hardwood floors are down, new baseboards painted and in place and the painting of my entire ceiling throughout the main living area is complete. Appliances (with the exception of a back-ordered refrigerator) are in place and after countertops and backsplash were installed yesterday the final plumbing is being completed as I write this. My kitchen is spectacular and I am in a state of disbelief that this was all accomplished in the space of 37 days – in the midst of a pandemic with the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays in the middle of it all! I cannot imagine another contractor that could have accomplished the quality of work in the timeframe and on budget. I cannot recommend DP Palmer highly enough!

Description of Work
Entire Kitchen Remodel

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/30/2020

12/29/2020

mark C.

We hired D.P. Palmer after interviewing Larry Palmer, the owner, at our home and walking through the project scope with him. He impressed me with his experience, and his evident passion and pride in his work and his crew. He was quick to make several suggestions for how we might save money on our job which I immediately appreciated. Unlike many contractors, Larry charges by the hour vs. bidding projects on a fixed cost basis. I thought his rates were fair and I liked the flexibility this arrangement would give us if the unexpected occurred. Little did I know how important this flexibility would later become. Larry provided a ballpark guesstimate of costs based on what we asked to be done, ($60,000 - $80,000), which was about what I expected. We went to see 3 homes in our Mount Baker neighborhood Larry had completed over the last few years. We were satisfied with the quality and creativity in the work we saw. Larry's crew of 4 men showed up about two weeks after we gave Larry our deposit to start work. Generally his crew only works on one project at a time. They have all been working for Larry for a number of years. Later we found out that three of the crew are brothers and we could understand why they communicate and coordinate their work together so well. Within 4 days of starting demolition on the wooden half height walls bordering our main entry stairs, the crew found significant amounts of rot. Rather than our original "repair and repaint" plan, we were now looking at completely tearing out the half walls and replacing them. Larry met with us to discuss our options and the cost impact. With his help we decided to replace the half walls with metal railings that would better match the modern style of our home and make the design more contemporary. Larry has a great eye for design and was someone my wife and I really enjoyed discussing the pros and cons of various design and color options with as the entire project progressed through each phase. The crew next tackled our large exterior deck with a similar set of half walls. Fortunately they did not find the same degree of rot that the stair walls had, but there were many warped tongue-in-groove thin vertical slats which needed to be replaced. Since we had already lost the stairway half walls, Larry helped us make the decision to remove all of the exterior wood from the deck half walls and properly waterproof and flash the structure underneath before installing brand new tongue-in-groove cedar planks. Deciding to run the planks horizontally rather than vertically changed the entire appearance of the home from tired "1980's modern", to up-to-date contemporary that is both warm and inviting. Larry is a big believer in trying things and seeing how they turn out before making a big commitment to them. This approach worked beautifully in helping us choose an exterior color for our home. I had hated the light tan exterior panels on our home since we moved in 5 years ago. Larry encouraged us to try different colors on small sections of the house and consider them over several days in different kinds of light. If Larry had just pushed us to pick one color, we never would have discovered the absolutely stunning liquid graphite and complementary light grey we wound up with. Before painting even started the crew caulked every exterior gap on the house and straightened every piece of flashing. This some time consuming, but showed great attention to detail. As the painting progressed neighbors began to stop by and tell us how amazing the house was shaping up to be. Meanwhile Larry took the same approach with creating a custom stain color for the new cedar half walls being installed around the deck. After trying a number of different samples, he created one that we really fell in love with. While It looked amazing, we were concerned that Larry might not be able to replicate it on a large scale. We shouldn't have worried. Larry worked with one of his vendors to custom mix the stain and perfectly match the sample we approved. Depending on what each plank of cedar looks like and how the light hits it, the colors vary from shades of teal, to aqua and wood tones. Larry's crew also sanded and refinished our ironwood deck and it went from dull grey with patches of green slime, to a deep, rich umber that we had no idea existed under the neglect we had shown it. One section of the deck was over the garage presented a special problem. The area was covered with a grey membrane material which was in poor shape. Based on the water that had leaked into our garage during heavy rains, we had good reason to believe it was failing, but we had no idea how bad it was until the crew pulled up. Not only had the wood underneath rotted, but rot had started to creep up the walls of the house due to poor drainage and the attendant standing water during the winter. We were panicked, but Larry's crew was impressive for how they calmly but thoroughly disassembled the entire underpinnings, and laid two new layers of 1/2" plywood, cut out and replaced the sections of rotted wall on the house, and put down 8 layers of new membrane paint after releveling everything with a laser level so it drained properly. Since I was working from home each day during Covid, I could see the patient progress and meticulous execution of the repairs each day. This gave me a great deal of confidence in the materials Larry chose and the crew's craftsmanship. Naturally the job turned out to be much larger than we first anticipated. Throughout Larry kept us informed about costs and patiently talked through our options. I have no doubt that the repairs and restoration D.P. Palmer did on our home are much better than they were when they were new. Moreover my wife and I are both excited by our home's new look and can't wait to begin entertaining again in what looks like a completely new home thanks to the craftsmanship and artistry of Larry and the crew at D.P. Palmer.

Description of Work
Remodel of Home Exterior

Category decks, remodeling, replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 12/27/2020

Review for DP Palmer Painting & Restoration - 9773 Arrowsmith Ave S, Seattle, WA - 39106927

11/13/2020

Brenda G.

This company thinks about restoration as well as painting and had extra suggestions about windows, door bottoms and old surfaces and hinges, etc that would improve the outcome. Larry came out many times to check on progress and the crew consistently worked hard dealing with all the imperfections of old structures. All my neighbors noticed. Sanding and 5 coats of shellac were applied to wooden doors. A few items needed a return visit and the crew followed through with everything. Everything looks great! Thanks.

Description of Work
Paint old house and garage from 1920's and then added the deck

Category woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 11/12/2020

09/03/2020

Mark T.

I can't begin to describe how great of an experience we had working with Larry on an exterior restoration of our house. Our 1910 craftsman home had a big issue with paint bubbling due to many layers of incompatible types of paint used over the years. Our home still had the original cedar siding and we couldn't imagine replacing it. At first we didn't know where to start. Most contractors were either painters that didn't handle the type of surface preparation needed to deal with paint bubbling or siding specialists that only provided removing and replacing siding. Just when we were losing hope of finding the right contractor, we read a very positive review on Angie's list about how Larry and his team were able to help someone else in a similar situation. I called Larry the next day and I am so happy I did. Although we originally reached out to Larry about painting, we were very happy to learn that his team could tackle a number of other projects for our home's exterior as well. We worked with Larry to come up with a holistic plan for a complete exterior restoration that fit our budget. Coming up with the plan was a fun process that got us very excited about the project. It also made us realize how passionate Larry is about making old homes shine! In addition to the difficult surface preparation needed before painting, Larry's team also handled a number of repairs. A section of siding had rotted and they were able to replace just that section with new cedar siding (preserving as much as possible). The back corner of the house is an addition and was originally done with a different siding that didn't match the cedar used for the rest of the house. Larry's team figured out how to replace the siding in this section with new cedar siding and have it blend in seamlessly with the original by interweaving it. The result far exceeded our expecationation of what was even possible! Larry's team also stained our fence, fixed window frames, repaired gates, and the list goes on. The front porch is where we worked with Larry to go beyond repairs and try something new and exciting. The biggest change was replacing a small window on the porch with an incredible piece of antique stained glass that Larry helped source. The stained glass was much taller and skinnier than the original window. Larry's team was able to create a new window frame and install the glass in record time. Larry went the extra mile to make sure the lighting was perfect and had back lighting installed behind the window. The ceiling of the porch was also replaced with new cedar panels with a translucent high gloss stain. Larry's team also created custom caps for the posts on the stairs leading up the porch to replace the warped metal ones that were there previously. The new caps are beautifully topped with amber glass. The combination of the stained glass, the glass caps, improved lighting and the refraction off the high gloss ceiling transformed the space into something really special. We couldn't be happier. I strongly recommend Larry and his team to anyone looking to restore an older home or add improvements in keeping with the home's original style.

Description of Work
Exterior Restoration and Painting

Category siding, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 09/03/2020

07/22/2020

jerry W.

Larry Palmer and crew rejuvenated our 1914 stucco bungalow. There was no part of the restoration project that they could not do and do at the highest standards of quality of workmanship. They grinded the flaking old stucco off, seal the walls, and painted it three coats of high-quality paints. They reworked our glass covered porch repairing the rotted timbers and replaced the broken panes of glass, They repaired a sagging corner eve (broken hip rafter).and rebuilt a stucco window box. Larry’s crew was punctual, hardworking, polite and considerate. Larry checked in with us daily to update us on the progress and get our input as needed. I would without reservations recommend Larry and his crew to anyone looking for quality craftsman workmanship.

Description of Work
Restoration of 1914 stucco house,

Category decks, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

Review for DP Palmer Painting & Restoration - 9773 Arrowsmith Ave S, Seattle, WA - 38739725

07/08/2020

Becky C.

I love my place - it is a sanctuary of calm and comfort with a hint of elegance. When I decide to paint my condo, I had no idea where to start from picking colors, the best approach to accentuate the space in my condo, selection of crown molding, to a final vision. Larry was extremely patient, educational, and helped me through the entire process from creative design to leading his team to project completion. He and his team were responsive, timely, professional, collaborative and delivered on their promise. I now have the privilege of living in this beautiful, elegant space that brings me peace, calm, joy and pride.

Description of Work
Interior painting (walls and ceiling) and crown molding

Category woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/28/2019

07/06/2020

Ally G.

The estimate was good and we're looking forward to having them do the work.

Description of Work
One story 1,200 sq foot house- painting one color (trim same color) and 1 car Garage: painting 2 side of building.

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

04/20/2020

Eugene S.

We did two projects with Larry, first was exterior house painting and second was the bathroom remodeling. In both cases Larry's team did amazing job. The crew was very professional. During the bathroom remodeling project the crew ran into some unexpected problems that reqired extra time and money. Larry absorbed those extra costs and did not charge us more than we agreed. Overall, a great team to work with!

Description of Work
Exterior House Painting And Bathroom Remodeling

Category woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, house painters

Work Completed On 04/19/2020

03/13/2020

diana W.

Can I give Larry an A+? What can't these guys do? We found Larry Palmer and his team on Angie's List. We initially planned only to have the exterior of our 1939 house painted. We had a few quotes and other painting companies that said they would not be able to fix the paint bubbles on our old cedar planks. Larry was the only one who said he could - and then he did. Perfectly! His rate was less than the other guys. He also offered to come back and fix any issues that may develop, free of charge, if it starts to bubble. He even put us on his calendar for the future to hold a spot if needed, as promised. There were numerous boards that were rotten and Larry's great lead painter, Rufino, knew exactly what to do and replaced them. Other companies would have had to hire this work out, but his team is skilled in so many areas they were able to take care of everything for us. When we had to replace a window in bathroom, they had one ready to install the very next day. The crew always showed up on time and cleaned up and were careful with our house. The exterior went so well, we hired Larry's crew to handle interior painting of another house, which was beautifully done. Then we asked if he could remodel two different bathrooms, including a difficult tile job. Even though the crew ran into a lot of "older house" issues, they knew exactly how to handle each challenge that came up so that we weren't ever worried or facing new and unexpected expenses. Things went so well, we just couldn't stop! We asked if they could redo our mud room to get our place ready to sell. This was also fantastic. Rufino even came up with creative solutions we hadn't considered (to hide some of our ugly pipes) and there was no extra cost. If you want a stress-free experience resulting in gorgeous work, and a bunch of hard-working and nice people to do business with, I'd recommend Larry and his team 100%.

Description of Work
Exterior painting, interior painting, remodeling of mud room and bathroom

Category remodeling, siding, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/13/2020

Review for DP Palmer Painting & Restoration - 9773 Arrowsmith Ave S, Seattle, WA - 38444390

12/07/2019

Sean K.

Working with Larry, the owner, and his team was, by far, the best experiences we have had with a contractor. In our first meeting, Larry stated that he is focused on quality and craftsmanship and that he and his team are dedicated to working with clients to restore their homes and make them shine. Larry and the team delivered on what they said, and our 100+ year old house looks fantastic plus the entire exterior of our house is structurally sound and sealed for our NW weather. You can tell that Larry and his team have years of experience doing this work and bring that experience and knowledge to the job. Larry helped us think through paint colors and suggested detailing, color, and finish combinations, that when executed looked great and added interest and pop to the final product. The other areas that impressed me were the team’s attention to detail, quality of the work, and their use of paints and materials that will last. Larry and his lead come around daily to check on the work and will not hesitate to redo something if it is not done right. I highly recommend DP Palmer for anyone who loves their home and wants the job done right!

Description of Work
Repair and replacement of siding, windows, and porch railings and full prep and painting of our house.

Category siding, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 09/09/2019

11/18/2019

Nicholas B.

I'd echo the generally positive feedback on DP Palmer from other reviews. While not the cheapest bid, I chose DP Palmer expecting that they would do superior work that would protect my 1924 house from our PNW winters. Larry & his team have so far lived up to those expectations. They did a thorough job of scraping and sanding away the old coats of paint, and worked with us to choose some interesting colors. Larry's crew was always courteous, professional, and patient with our "guard" dog. As I identified problem areas that might be in need of additional attention, Larry was always willing to take extra steps to get things right. DP Palmer is not a fly-by-night operator, and I expect their work to continue protecting my house for several years to come. I'll update as things progress.

Description of Work
exterior painting

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 09/18/2019

09/29/2019

Ted H.

We bought a gem of an old, historic house this year that needed a number of major and minor updates – from getting structural support in the basement and leveling floors, to a new coat of paint inside and out, and lots of work in between. LARRY PALMER and his crew took on the job in its entirety, and we are the happiest and most satisfied clients. They delivered awe-inspiring results. From the very beginning to the very end of the multiple-months project Larry was honest and looking out for our best interest. The price negotiations were straightforward and fair, and he and his crew generously took care of matters that came up as the project moved along. In bigger projects (such as ours was), problems often surface as walls or floors are opened up, and in all instances, Larry was the chief problem solver. Larry’s goal is to have a happy client who can thoroughly enjoy the fruits of his and his crew’s labor, and he will do what he can to achieve that goal. This means that he stays calm and kind and makes things happen without stressing the client, and we greatly appreciated this care. Just as other clients have stated in their reviews, Larry does not cut corners. Unlike other contractors, Larry has proven to have trustworthy ethics that translate into excellent outcomes for the client. Larry’s moral compass would not let him deliver something to a client that might look good but won’t last. The work Larry and his master craftsman and crew deliver will make you happy for years to come. Larry and his crew delivered impeccable work and absolutely exquisite outcomes on a project that, in its scope, could only be described as a house-metamorphosis: power washing the house, painting the outside as well as the deck and porch in a stunning wheel of colors, texturing the inside walls before painting them, creating rooms out of previously unusable space, transforming a bathroom into an oasis, adding beautiful alder wood doors, leveling the subfloors seven times (until it was perfect) and installing new floors, and so many other things that made a significant impact. The gem of a house is now a sparkling diamond. The best part is that the original character of the house never got lost. Everything looks and feels like it belongs right where it is. It was truly a metamorphosis – from caterpillar to butterfly. If you’re looking to put your home improvement project into capable and trustworthy hands, Larry Palmer of DP PALMER PAINTING AND RESTORATION is your man for the job.

Description of Work
painting and general remodeling

Category ceramic tile, decks, drywall, remodeling, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/30/2019

09/03/2019

Bonny B.

All those amazing reviews you see? Well, they're not exaggerated. We are very pleased with the restoration and paint job on our house. I think Larry's work easily added value to our home equal to the money we paid and most likely more! We have an older home in a desirable area of Seattle were the housing values have appreciated pretty dramatically. The way our house looks now, it looks worth the kind of prices people are being asked to pay. Larry and his master carpenter Rufino don't cut corners and, as you can tell from many other comments, they end up doing more than you expected! Little things like pressure washing our cement steps and driveway. Or our gates thrown in just out of generosity and deliberately designed to match the style of our house. Larry took on many chores that I thought I might have to do myself like find a door that matched the one we were replacing. Larry will take it up to Frank's Doors for me and have the new door outfitted to match our old door on the spot. I'm sure if you wanted to make your own selection that would be no problem, but for me it was a relief to not have to figure it out. We had already decided to try to maintain the original flavor of the house. In all ways, Larry and his workers responded with a commitment to excellence. He and his workers were always friendly, respectful and worked hard! I hope you are lucky enough to get him!

Description of Work
Painting and restoration of exterior of 1926 house

Category fencing, siding, replacement windows, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 09/03/2019