Tidewater Interiors

Founded 1981 • With Angi since March 2010

13320 Warwick Blvd

Newport News, VA 23602

Tidewater Interiors is a full service interior design firm with two locations on the Virginia Peninsula. One showroom is located in Newport News, the other in Williamsburg. Founded in 1981, we are a second generation family owned business. We have four full time experienced, award winning interior

01/24/2015

C Lorri E.

They damaged my floors.

Description of Work
Helped me get furniture, drapery and corners of my doors- interior design

08/12/2014

Jan C.

Description of Work
Excellent.

08/01/2014

Tina B.

I contacted Tidewater Interiors for a color consultation along with window treatments. Carol Ritz came to my home and discussed paint colors for each room . I really liked her suggestions and wanted to move forward. I told Carol about the projects I wanted done before my husband returned from Afghanistan, she suggested her son (Allan Auvil) who is part of the company, could handle all of my projects. I met with Alan a couple if times and discussed the projects. During the meetings with him he repeatedly asked me how much I could spend. I didn't answers the questions but in return asked for a written estimate with actual numbers so I could compare with other companies I was obtaining estimates with. During our last meeting he brought a proposal out to my house without any numbers on it. Again he asked me how much I was willing to spend. He said he would email me the numbers, I haven't heard from them since. I chose another company that gave me the numbers up front. My budget -85k

Description of Work
Poor Business Practices!

06/24/2014

Suzanne C.

Shades are beautiful. Somehow, two shades were not quite wide enough, but Tidewater Interiors quickly agreed to order two replacement shades. They are kind, respectful professionals, and I enjoy doing business with them.

Description of Work
Provided shades for my screened porch. Shades both provide privacy and help cool the porch by blocking sun and heat.

06/12/2014

Alison W.

Description of Work
They were unable to assist me at this time. They were honest enough to not take me on when they did not have the time.

05/15/2014

Donna P.

03/12/2014

Kenneth L.

They were excellent! I believe they were roughly $100 an hour for the consulting time. The price of the upholstery and custom pieces was very reasonable. We actually used Tidewater because Brenda Lee was a neighbor of ours in the community we used to live in so she was an acquaintance. She was just very friendly, knowledgeable, and professional, prompt, courteous, and businesslike.

Description of Work
Tidewater Interiors did color selection, recovered a sofa for us, picked some fabric and paint colors. They also made 2 custom bed skirts.

03/05/2014

Daniel S.

As agreed

Description of Work
Reupulstered two chairs

Category interior designers, upholstery

02/18/2014

Mark G.

Allan met with me back in October and answered all my questions and went through a detailed description of the application process. I really wanted a poly aspartic coating due to the fact that it is much better than regular epoxy. They offered to include the wood stairs for an additional $100 which was worth the extra cost. Allan had lots of color combinations to choose from (the manufacturer's website also has all the combinations to choose from). The application team did a great job and the floor was ready to walk on the next day. My only concern was that the floor off-gassed an intense chemical smell for the first 2 weeks - it was so bad I had to leave the garage door open a crack as a vent. The first night the door was closed and the chemical smell saturated the house overnight. Fortunately my whole house fan was able to get the smell out pretty quick. I emailed Allan and he told me the chemical concentration was different to account for the change in cooler weather humidity. The smell did not totally dissipate for 2 months. By the end it was barely noticeable and now it is gone (I wanted to wait to see how long it would take before I wrote my review). I would use them again - I just wish I knew how bad and saturating the chemical smell was going to be.

Description of Work
Apply Poly Aspartic coating to a 2 car garage, paint the exposed foundation in the garage the base color of the floor, and also apply a coating to the stairs leading up to the house door.

Category house painters, epoxy flooring

07/10/2013

Suzanne C.

Fabulous job! They were in and out in a few hours. Took all of the packing with them as well as my old mini blinds. They were professional, congenial, and I recommend them. They take customer service seriously and make sure you are happy with their work. It is wonderful to work with folks who take pride in their work! Use them. You won't regret it.

Description of Work
I got wooden plantation shutters for all of the rooms in my house. I have wanted these for years, and Tidewater Interiors provided custom white wooden shutters that have truly transformed the look of my home. Allen, the owner, and Steven installed with professionalism and made sure that they are perfect. One slat warped after a couple of weeks, and Allen was quick to order another. These folks are professional, take pride in their work, offer a great product for a reasonable price, and I recommend them without hesitation!

04/09/2013

Patricia L.

I have used them two different times to put shelves up. I think the price was too much but I needed it done and could not find a handyman to do it so I had to go with something more elaborate. The last time they put shelves up in kind of a library format but this project was a little bigger. They are very good and do their job well. The materials they use are good; it is good shelving that will last. This company is good to deal with and they were the cheapest and quickest of the several companies I called to do this project. They are very professional and I would recommend them. I think they are a very honest company that does its work.

Description of Work
I used Tidewater Interiors to put shelves in my closets.

Category closet systems

07/28/2012

Patricia L.

I had interviewed another company before this one. She, too, was very nice BUT her design skills seemed to be pre-programed to what was offered in the brochure. Also she quoted a very long time frame - many weeks before the work would be accomplished. Plus their price was their price. I felt I could go to a home improvement store and get the same advice, So do seek second and even third opinions. Don't be pressured into buying something that you must just settle for and not what you really want. Make sure your financing is in place and be mindful of what you can really spend and stick to it.

Description of Work
The consultant met with me and helped me with a design for shelving in my guest bedroom/office. He worked with me on price until we were both satisfied with the pricing. The consultant was very courteous and knowledgeable about the product. The installer came on time was very nice and professional in every way. I was very pleased and would not hesitate to use this company again or recommend them to someone else. The only con would be pricing and financing. Having said that the consultant worked with me and was so upbeat I even enjoyed the hageling. * Note: I am not sure of the exact date this service was performed. I think it was in May.

Category interior designers

Thanks so much for your comments, Member! We are glad we were able to help with your project.

07/11/2012

Ryan M.

We first visited their office on Saturday, May 26th and visited with a very helpful woman who was working that day. She was not a designer, but showed us around their shop and described how we could expect the process of hiring an interior designer to go. We left our contact information and promptly received a call to schedule our in-home consolation the following Monday. The availability of Saturday consultations was perfect for our work schedule so we opted for the first available Saturday appointment which was on 9 June. On the 9th, the designer/owner arrived at our home on time and we described our vision and she was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in suggesting options and ideas about how to do everything we were looking to accomplish. This is why I rated this company a "D" in professionalism rather than an "F." After taking some measurements and detailed notes she left us with the task of finding new bedding that would match our planned window treatment color scheme and once we provided her that info she would get back with us to schedule a time to come in and discuss options. We decided on a bedding option on 15 June and e-mailed the data to her as she requested and awaited her response. After receiving no response, we called on the 22nd or 23rd and were told that she apologized for the delay and that something urgent came up requiring her to be out of time and that she would be back at work on Monday, 25 June. We heard nothing back until the 30th of June when we e-mailed her once more to inquire about the status and remind her that we were motivated to get started on our project. Since the 30th of June we've called several times and been unable to reach them and to this day have yet to receive any feedback or response to our e-mail messages. While the punctuality and professionalism was outstanding up until after our consultation, the failures to provide any feedback or to assign another designer are anything but professional. We are very disappointed that we had such a poor experience as we were really looking forward to putting her stated design ideas to work in our home and the products on display in their shop looked great. Waiting over 1 month from the consultation with zero response is simply too much for me to overlook and we're moving on to another interior designer. Exercise caution if using this designer with any kind of timeline.

Description of Work
The company owner (according to her business card) came out and performed a free consultation of our entire home to include paint colors, window treatments, blinds, organization, and overall design.

Category interior designers, window treatments

Member, we apologize for this experience. Our owner has had a loss in her family, and while this is no excuse, we did approach her and ask about your project. She has not received an email from you, but that again, is no excuse. She should have touched base with you when she did not hear from you and/or passed your project on to another designer within the company. She had a very difficult time with the loss of her family member. Also, we are diligent about answering the phones and passing along messages. Not sure what happened there, as we are typically very responsive as a company. We wish you all the best with your project, and again, apologize for dropping the ball in any way.

04/12/2012

James P.

Everything happened in a very timely manner--their customer service was wonderful!

Description of Work
We needed blinds for our family room. I called Tidewater Interiors and their sales rep scheduled an appointment to come to our home the next day. Carol was very prompt and efficient. She measured all the windows and gave me a quote on the spot. She told me that once the blinds were ordered it would take about 2 weeks for them to arrive and then installation should happen within the next week. I called them right at two weeks and they said the blinds had arrived. They scheduled installation for the next day. The installer was right on time and was very quick and efficient. The blinds are lovely!

Category interior designers, window treatments

Thank you, Member! Glad you are enjoying the blinds and had a good experience with us!

07/12/2011

ROBERT S.

I have a house that is kind of secluded. About three or four weeks ago, I had company staying here with me. They tried to draw the shades in one of the bedrooms upstairs. The string that controls the movement broke. They were out here the day I called to get the broken shade. They got it back tome repaired within a week. They use all college graduates, certified interior designers. They have just been terrific. They did plantation shutters for me and matched the wood work in the house. I am real pleased with them.

Description of Work
Tidewater Interiors put the window treatments in November.

Category interior designers, window treatments

Thanks so much, Member! We enjoyed working with you and Member and are glad you are pleased with all of the work. I agree, the shutters we had custom matched to the stain in your library are beautiful!

R&R Custom Painting

Here at R&R custom painting we specialize in exterior and interior painting. We take pride in the work we perform, while delivering great customer service! We have over 10 year of experience and are owner operated. Call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Home Town Painting

⭐⭐⭐ THE MOST TRUSTED! ⭐⭐⭐ With over 25 years of professional painting experience, I am here to meet all your painting needs and help brighten your home's appearance. Beautiful lasting results. Hardworking. Reliable. Quality workmanship. Let us make your house a home. Call us today at (757) 303-5441!

Davies Renovation LLC

The goal of Davies Renovation LLC is to inspire better living through our contracting services. Services provided are painting, flooring, sunroom and drywall installation, partitioning, pressure-washing, kitchen and bathroom installation, fencing and decking installation plus repair, roofing projects, and pool refinishing. If there is a service that wasn't noted in the aforementioned list, please don't hesitate to contact us. No job is too big or small!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

Blinds, Shades, Shutters, Window Treatments, Upholstered Furniture, Furniture Re-Upholstery, Closet Systems, Rugs, Awnings, Garage Organizational Systems, Garage Flooring & Specialty Concrete Coatings.