JACKson of All Trades

Founded 2011 • With Angi since December 2011

3007 Sunridge Drive

Austin, TX 78741

I'm a local small business owner in the Austin area. I provide household moves, furniture delivery and assembly. Have been providing these services for the past 7 years all around the country and now find myself settling into this wonderful town. I'm fully licensed, bonded, and insured and provide flat rate quotes. This ensures you don't get overcharged and gives me the incentive to get the job done quickly. I am a professional mover with aspirations of one day becoming a FireFighter! Currently I am a licensed E.M.T. as well. In addition I provide wedding services as a non-denominational minister. I love what I do and am actually pretty good at it. You can find a multitude of reviews on YELP under JACKson of All Trades. All quotes are handled via email as to keep a record of transaction. Once initial contact has been made, I will happily supply my direct line. Please send as much detail as you can concerning the job at hand to jacksonofalltrades@moves.us...

04/10/2017

Eric P.

I was pleased with their services and would certainly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Assembled four Adirondack chairs.

06/21/2016

Nanette M.

This was our second time using the service from a 3 to a 3 floor move. First time they were punctual, professional and dependable. Second time, complete opposite. They have gone to an hourly rate and the 3 guys took their time and turned a 2.5 hr job into a 5 hour job. Taking breaks and complaining about how tired they were. One employee took off his shirt and then bragged about being high. They were screaming up and down the stairwell and hallway, which angered our new neighbors who glared at us. We attempted to speak with owner and he said they were hot and it was the second move of the day so they were just tired. He said drug use was no acceptable but instead of apologizing he said his guy said it didn't happen and then accused my daughter of being a drug user. For a professional moving company this should not have been the response we should have received. When we let them know we would not be able to give a good review on Angie's List or Yelp, the owner said he didn't care, we were one review and they didn't get any referrals from Angie's List.

Description of Work
Moved us from one apartment to another.

09/15/2015

Emily L.

We had 3 movers at our house for a few hours. The cost was $130/hr. The crew was really amazing. I was impressed by how they divided up the work. They were incredibly efficient and helpful. They were also just plain pleasant, and they got the job done very well. They were focused on space-saving in the storage unit and making everything fit. Real life Tetris, and they rocked it. One guy stayed in the house and disassembled furniture and stages everything moving out. One guy got things out to the unit, and one guy actually packed the unit, making sure everything was secure. They paid close attention to the items that I was most concerned about, whether these were fragile or simply sentimental. A very positive experience overall.

Description of Work
A 3 person crew moved all of our boxed belongings, and furniture, out of our 4 bedroom home and in to a temporary storage unit in our driveway.

Category handyman service, moving companies

12/28/2014

JOHN M.

This is the 3rd time we have used Jackson's services. We absolutely recommend those services. The crew that moved us, Phillip, Shane and Nate were prompt, courteous and efficient. The price was more than fair. Jackson has gone to a flat per hour charge rather than the calculate how much stuff you have method on his website. The cost remains very reasonable. The guys ask if you are pleased with where things are placed and will move them again before they leave. They use the door mats (but don't ask them to remove their shoes -- they are carrying heavy objects and need the traction.)

Description of Work
Moved household goods from Barton Hills to Westlake

12/14/2014

JOHN M.

This was my second move with Jackson. His crew was prompt, courteous, careful and pleasant. They put everything in the rooms requested. They used doormats every time they were in and out. They double checked that items were placed in the correct place and offered to move anything needed when they had emptied the truck. i will be using them again for the second step in my move and recommend them without hesitation.

Description of Work
Provided moving services from a 15X15 storage unit in South Austin to a 2 story house in Westlake area

10/13/2014

Diane S.

We hired Jackson of all Trades to unload our 2-16 foot PODS after an out of state move and that was the best decision. After prompt and precise communication with Jackson as to our needs and availability everything was set. Lamont, Rob and Cam arrived at our new home on time and ready to work. Their top concerns were to make sure our floors were protected during the unloading and to inquire about any concerns or priorities we might have. After a brief conversation about those needs, Lamont, Rob and Cam went to work, they each had experience and knowledge to move and handle any of our belongings in the most careful way. They worked as a team and always came up with the best way to handle our items; they were quick, careful and respectful of our belongings as if it was their own property. No damage and No fuss, we will use Jackson of all Trades again for any moving task needed, we would Highly recommend Jackson of all Trades for your move. Diane

Description of Work
unloaded 2- 16 foot PODS

06/13/2014

Katerina T.

I've used Jackson twice and he and his crew are fantastic. Professional, they don't waste time, they don't waste your money. I didn't have any items broken on either move, and they were in and out quickly both times. Very responsive and flexible on timing. Can't say enough good things. The only thing I would say is pricing has changed as the company has grown, so what was an AWESOME deal is now a GOOD deal, & well worth it.

Description of Work
Moved my belongings into a storage container. Moved my belongings from PODS storage facility to an apartment.

04/30/2014

Heather L.

The move required going down a large set of deck stairs, across the yard and back up more deck stairs. These guys are the bomb! Jackson, Cameron and Lamont were on time, professional with me and each other and efficient! I think my turquoise piano will give them nightmares for years to come. Heavy doesn't describe it. These guys were great, though. I loved that they were respectful of each other and really talked it out and worked as a team. I would have been cussing up a storm, but they were all business. The price was great, and Jackson was able to fit me in in only a couple days. They were a pleasure to have in my home and a would use them again any time!

Description of Work
Jackson of All Trades moved an incredibly heavy old upright piano, a sleeper couch and a credenza from the top floor of my house to the bottom.

01/25/2014

Kathy S.

Jackson and his crew are great! I had an unusual request, uncrating and moving a very heavy statue from the front of my house to the back yard. Jackson readily agreed to do this for a very reasonable price. He kept in contact with me throughout the week and arrived promptly at the scheduled time. Jackson and his crew were very professional and friendly, taking care to wrap the statue before transporting it and then happily moved the statue over a few feet after I changed my mind on where I wanted it placed. I will always use them in the future, Jackson Of All Trades is the best!

Description of Work
Moved a statue.

01/16/2014

Barbara N B.

I contacted them for a quote and to see if it would be possible to schedule with them for moving. They were very pleasant and professional, and though they were already booked up for the days I needed to move, they were very helpful in directing me to other companies/people who might be able to help me on those days. Would certainly contact them in the future if I needed a moving company.

Description of Work
I contacted them to see if they would be available when I needed to move last year.

12/06/2013

Larry F.

They moved things we told them not to load as we needed it right away. Almost everything was staged out on the sidewalk where we are now certain passing thieves took advantage of the 'buffet'. Jackson himself did not heed my insisting that the doors needed to be removed from the 3 month old refrigerator that was damaged on the front where it is most noticeable. He has to date not returned calls or email to resolve the damage he caused by not listening. He is also very hard to reach by phone and returns calls when he feels like it. We have found other items damaged and there are a few that were dismantled that we told him not to take apart that now do not function anymore.

Description of Work
Services by JACKson of All Trades.

Category moving companies

(removed member name), This is Jackson with Jackson of all Trades. I believe you may have us confused with JACKSON MOVING which is an entirely different company. We don't have you in our system at all as ever doing a move for you. This mix up happens often unfortunately. Could you please remove this and direct it at JACKSON MOVING company? Thanks so much!

12/01/2013

Jennifer B.

I cannot say enough about how great Jackson of all trades is. This is my second experience with them and they are careful and professional. |They went above and beyond. When they saw I had new floors they waited to unload my furniture until I got velvet pads (their suggestion) from the hardware store. |I have recommended them to several friends all who have had equally fantastic experiences.

Description of Work
I used JACKson of All Trades

08/02/2013

Falba T.

Jackson responded to an email inquiry regarding a move on a specific date two weeks later. Je was timely and responsive in the multiple email exchanges that followed. We requested the first appointment of the day; later, Jackson rescheduled us for 11:00 a.m. but the crew called on the day of the move with a progress report and arrived at 10:15. Due to our staff's travel schedules, the company had to pay attention to who was their point of contact on any given day. We never had a slip-up. One leader and two helpers were the crew. They were polite and friendly to our staff and to each other. When they arrived at the new location, they courteously accepted direction from four different staff members. At the end, they went room to room (now six spaces) asking if any item needed to be relocated to a different room or placement adjusted. Philip even weighed in helpfully in discussions on how furniture should be arranged within a room. All quotes and inquiries are done by email. The company provides a turnkey quote based on the number and type of items expected to be moved and does not add any per-hour or per-mile charges. The actual invoice is based on the actual number of items moved. A full filing cabinet costs more than an empty one, etc. The emails -- up to the point a quote is accepted and a date approved -- include long instructions and cautions about how to avoid a price higher than you expected. Don't be put off by this, as it is just their attempt to be both clear and fair and to avoid frustrating anyone's expectations.

Description of Work
The company moved our three-office non-profit organization from a location near Highland Mall to a location near St. Edward's University. The load was 35-40 items of furniture and about 40 boxes. One desk involved minor disassembly and reassembly.

06/05/2013

Jessica M.

They charged a flat rate, I really like them. I will us them in the future.

Description of Work
They helped me move.

03/20/2013

Julie Y.

I called needing a short window and they accommodated my somewhat hurried request. I give them extra points for this, as another mover was too busy to deliver - needed 2 weeks. The men that delivered were very nice, very courteous, and helped to move my old sofa to my garage. I will use them again. Great people to work with.

Description of Work
I had a sofa delivered from South Congress to my residence off Southwest Parkway. The movers were very prompt in responding and in delivery and took good care.

10/23/2012

Kevin R.

Overall, the experience was excellent. They were er responsive, had a good price, and went above and beyond. They took care of a huge amount of work for me in one day, and got the job done very well. I'll definitely use them agin.

Description of Work
They assembled some IKEA furniture.

10/02/2012

Lori H.

Never heard from this vendor.

Description of Work
I needed help with assembly of office furniture in my home.

02/15/2012

Jennifer B.

Jackson and Phillip arrived on time and worked very diligently to move my apartment. They handled all of my items with care. They worked swiftly, but did not take any shortcuts. I had quite a bit of furniture in my apartment. They disassembled and assembled my two queen size beds. Packed my TVs. Loaded organized my furniture and wrapped anything that was required. They provided all of the tools, blankets and wrap I needed. Once we arrived at my new apartment they worked carefully and swiftly to unload all of the furniture. Assemble beds. Find out where I wanted what items. They were very helpful and respectful. I would happily have them handle another move for me, or assemble any furniture I may need.

Description of Work
- Loaded all furniture and boxes into a truck they provided. - Packed my flat screen TVs - Wrapped any furniture needed - disassembled and assembled two large queen size beds. -Unloaded the truck in my new apartment - Placed all boxes and furniture where I requested. - Very helpful and respectful of all of my items.

Category moving companies

Thank you Member. It was great to meet you and we really appreciate the opportunity. Hope to be able to help again in the future. Have a great New Year! Jackson

Bin There Dump That

Roll off dumpster container rental, 6, 10, 15, and 20 cubic yard bins available. Specializing in residential roofing, decking, kitchen, bathroom or most other renovation construction debris removal as well as home/garage/storage room cleanouts of unwanted possessions plus removal of yard materials due to landscaping. Dumpsters designed with easy opening doors and unique protection system so metal bins do not come in contact with driveway limiting any potential damage. Friendly customer oriented service from a family owned business.

W&J All Purpose Construction

With over 10 years of construction experience In residential and commercial work, we are here to help you with all your remodeling needs and dreams and any minor home repairs you need. No job is to big or too small for us to consider, so give us a call.

Mr Handyman of NE Austin and Georgetown

Repair! Improve! Remodel! Maintain. Giving busy homeowners more free time is what MR. HANDYMAN DOES BEST! Have you ever tried to call a private handyman? Often times they don’t answer their phone or show-up at all. MR. HANDYMAN technicians arrive at your home on time and they do the job right. MR. HANDYMAN technicians are insured, bonded, uniformed and fully trained professionals who can perform a wide range of professional repair, maintenance, odd jobs, and remodeling services for active households. We are locally owned and operated. At MR. HANDYMAN we combine the advantage of a national brand with the personal touch of local ownership. MR. HANDYMAN specializes in the personal touches that your new home needs. Picture hanging, painting those walls that are just too white, caulking, drywall, deck and fence repair, siding repair and installing hardware are just a few of the things we regularly do for new homeowners. No job is too small. Call us today.

Dog Walking
    Delivery Service
    Animal & House Sitting
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Household moves,office moves,furniture delivery,furniture assembly,furniture re-finishing,minor handyman work,bartending services,wedding officiant services,courier,dog walking

electrical,plumbing,siding,auto repair, major handyman work,flooring