STAAB & SONS INC

Pennsylvania: Home Improvement Contractors
07/01/2023

1921 SAW MILL RUN BLVD

Pittsburgh, PA 15210

COVID-19; Still Open and able to safely service you. Emergency Service? Please call directly instead of requesting a quote for faster response times. Mention Angie's List when calling for priority pricing and service. Family owned and operated since 1929. Winner of the 2013, 2015 & 2016 Angie's List Super Service Award. Winners of the 2011 Better Business Torch Award for business ethics. We have been serving our customers in Allegheny and surrounding counties for many years. We have over four generations of experience and there is not a job or system that we cannot handle. Large or small our HVAC employees are factory authorized, NATE certified and EPA certified technicians. Our plumbing techs are D.O.T. certified with master and journeyman licenses. All of our employees are trained in their field of expertise along with Staab and Sons high level of business ethics along with the knowledge and expertise to get the job right the first time around is the cornerstone of the quality of service our customers have come to expect!...

HVAC Companies (102)water heaters (8)chimney repair (4)sewer cleaning (3)gas leak repair (3)excavating (2)house painting (1)drain pipe installation (1)plumbers (37)

08/22/2021

Joseph P.

I am very pleased with my new air conditioner and furnace. The technicians were timely, courteous, and professional and addressed all of my concerns and questions. They quickly and efficiently removed the old furnace and A/C and installed the new system. I would recommend them again.

Description of Work
Replacement of central air conditioner and furnace

Work Completed On 08/06/2021

Thank you, [Member Name Removed] for the great review. Our technicians take pride in the service they provide to all of our customers. Sincerely, Staab & Sons, Inc. 412-881-6100

02/25/2021

Emily I.

Not so good. He couldn't figure out why my humidifier wouldn't work. It was something with the wiring of the furnace, but it stopped working after he left. I need to call him again, but it troubles me that he says I need all this electrical wiring work done in my house that I don't have the money for.

Description of Work
Service and humidifier hook up

Work Completed On 02/24/2021

Our technician discovered that the electric line circuit feeding the furnace was getting a back-feed of electric through the ground wire which is not supposed to happen. This was causing the circuit going to the humidifier to not operate the humidifier properly. Our technician had to connect the humidifier to a completely different circuit until the customer had an electrician sort out the wiring problem that was also effecting other outlets in the customer's home. Our technician explained the problem to the customer and the humidifier was operating properly when our technician left. Once the electrician problem is repaired, we would be glad to reconnect the humidifier to the furnace circuit. Since then, we called the customer twice to follow up on our service, but we had to leave messages. Thank you, Staab & Sons

01/21/2021

Gregory G.

They were great! The basement radiator/baseboard heating system they installed in our basement finishing project in 2019 was very professionally done, looks great and has made a tremendous difference in making that a usable, livable space (rec area, kitchenette, bike workshop, home office, etc.). This winter (2021) we did notice that the large radiator in the basement (which was already in the house when we bought it but not hooked up) that they had installed was not heating properly. Staab sent a technician to service it and flushed it and it improved but was still not 100%. He projected that they would probably need to come back and cut a hole in the ceiling to access the piping and fix the problem. So we were anticipating calling our basement contractor to come out to do that and then have Staab come back to repair the system. Later that day, Ray the original installer of the heating system called and said to hold up and don’t cut the walls, that he thought he could figure out a solution since he did the original install. And he did! He put in another valve above an open access space in the ceiling without having to cut open the ceiling and now the radiator works great! AND he did not charge us for the repair! So I would say that Staab & Sons is a truly professional company that stands by their work and are very customer service oriented. I can highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installation of heating system for a new basement remodeling. And a later follow-up for fixing a basement radiator that was not heating.

Work Completed On 01/12/2021

12/21/2020

Ron L.

Came home Saturday evening house was 50 degrees, heat pump not working. Called Staab, got answering service and they said someone would call me to set up an emergency repair. Never heard from them. It says they have 24 hour service, but I do not think that is the case.

Description of Work
Heat pump troubleshoot and repair

Category excavators

Work Completed On 12/20/2020

I apologize for the inconvenience, after further research it was discovered that our answering service never forwarded your information to our on-call technician. We made them aware of this issue and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please consider giving us another opportunity should you need service in the future.

09/10/2020

Jim I.

We used Staab in 1987 to add AC to our existing forced air system. We moved in 2007 and never had any problems with the Bryant unit bought from Staab. When we returned to Pittsburgh in 2020, we naturally called Staab to install a complete forced air AC system in the home we purchased. It was installed in four days, start to finish, works flawlessly and the installation crew was excellent, courteous, knowledgeable and never once complained about working in the extreme heat in the attic. Staab is a family owned local business and they treated us like family. Mike, Ray, Elizabeth, Brandon, Sam and Bill were all wonderful to work with!

Description of Work
complete AC installed in a 1952 home which had never had AC

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

08/25/2020

Kevin S.

called in morning, the person answering the phone was great. there were there early afternoon sane day,, done in in a couple hours. The tech was very nice and informative. Will use again.

Description of Work
Air Condition work

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 08/25/2020

07/17/2020

Jeremy W.

Everything went well! I would highly recommend using Staab and sons. They were knowledgeable, professional, had reasonable prices and did a great instal job!

Description of Work
A new HVAC unit

Work Completed On 06/20/2020

07/08/2020

Carol A.

I contacted Staab and spoke with Elizabeth to schedule an appointment to have my A/C thermostat replaced. It failed to function on a 95 degree day. Lucky me. She informed me that someone could likely come over in 2 days, but she would need to confirm this and get back with me. She was very helpful, professional and a pleasure to talk with. I emailed her a photo of my current thermostat so they would know what type of replacement was required. One hour later, Gerald returned my call and told me that one of his employees, Rick, would be able to come over to do the installation within the half hour!!!! (Multiple exclamation points are totally indicated here). It was already the end of their work day, however, it turned out that it was doable for Rick to stop over on his way home from their office. This was an extremely pleasant surprise, especially because the forecast for the next three days was 90 plus degrees. Gerald said that the timing just happened to work out for a same day appointment, for which I had no expectation whatsoever given the time of year. I really appreciated Gerald’s great sense of humor, understanding, and willingness to send Rick over to replace the thermostat after his work day had pretty much ended. Of course I also was incredibly thankful for Rick’s willingness to extend his work day. Additionally, it was brutally hot, and, on top of that, we were experiencing a mask mandated situation due to the pandemic. Life has not been a joy ride for anyone these days, but for people who do this type of work, it has to be tough. They totally made my day, which was previously filled with stressful home owner issues. It was awesome to have something go right that day. Did I mention how hot it was? Thanks so much!

Description of Work
A/C thermostat replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,chimney repair

Work Completed On 07/07/2020

07/06/2020

Ed N.

It went very well considering it was a holiday weekend. Jim went out of his way to try and find the fan motor on Friday 3rd, he tried to get a motor from a local supplier to no avail. However Jim was able to find one first thing on Monday the 6th, it was installed with no problems. I would highly recomend STAAB @ Sons. We will have them back this fall to tune up the furnace for the winter season....

Description of Work
After 20 years the compressor fan motor needed replaced

Work Completed On 07/06/2020

06/12/2020

Donald K.

Staab and Sons was very professional and repsonsive. Spoke with Jim within 10 minutes of calling the office after hours. Told me Dean the service technician would call me first thing in the morning. He called @ 8:15 am. Dean was very professional and offered advice and guidance @ NO CHARGE!! Unbelievable how honest and forthright he was!!!!! Had an HVAC company to my home a few days prior, charged me $500 and didn't fix the problem. I would highly recommend Staab and Sons!!! Ask for Dean!!! High integrity!!!!

Description of Work
HVAC advice and guidance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,chimney repair

Work Completed On 06/11/2020

Installation and repairs for heating and cooling. Gas & electric air-conditioning, gas & electric heating, hot water & steam boilers, plumbing, ventilation systems, electric air cleaners, humidifiers, furnace, air cleaners, duct, duct work, custom sheet metal work, water and Sewer Lines,Camera services sewer, drain cleaning Faucet, piping, fixture repair and replacement, garbage disposals, dye testing services, back flow prevention services, plumbing bath and kitchen remodeling.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check