King Electric

Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania: Home Improvement Contractors

5300 Perrysville Rd

Pittsburgh, PA 15229

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

King Electric's mission is to provide the best client care and service through education, training and integrity. We pledge to educate our clients so that they are able to be safer and more aware. We strive to have integrity through straight forwardness & our 100% satisfaction guarantee. Additional phones - (412) 561-7888, (412) 683-9949, (412) 921-3903, (724) 776-7390. Award winning. Additional email - info@kingelectricservice.com. Additional contact name - Norman Anthony King....

4.4

electrician (149)lighting (31)ceiling fan installation (17)lamp repair (1)

07/26/2020

James W.

Anna was outstanding. She was upfront about the possible price increases/decreases. Further, she offered options for maintenance on outside outlets that I had not considered, but made a huge amount of sense. This was NOT bait and switch by any means, but the presentation of better, and in the long run more cost-efficient, options. Further, she was careful about mess and debris, as well as wearing a mask and social distancing in my home. I would certainly engage King Electric, and Anna, the next time I need electrical work done.

Description of Work
Diagnosis and repair of CFI circuit.

Work Completed On 07/26/2020

06/18/2020

Gloria V.

Technician unable to identify problem. Promised a quote to rewire entire basement. Never received. Paid 150$ for no advice whatsoever. New electrician identified and corrected for 20$.

Description of Work
No lights in basement

Work Completed On 06/18/2020

08/05/2019

John C.

King was able to respond and solve the problem quickly.

Description of Work
Faulty Electrical Outlet

Work Completed On 07/26/2019

03/19/2019

Eric G.

I had a variety of issues that I called King about. They came out promptly and assessed each issue thoroughly and explained the options available. I was very pleased with the quote and the work was extremely efficient and done well. Overall I am very happy with this service.

Description of Work
wiring repair;installation of outdoor lighting/post; transformer replacement;doorbell

Work Completed On 03/18/2019

01/22/2019

Ann B.

On a co-workers' recommendation, we called King to come do some work on the spot and to quote us for further work updating the late 1970s house we bought with safer outlets and modern lighting. Two workers - one a woman, to my delight - arrived promptly as scheduled this morning, and quickly, efficiently, and clearly walked through today's planned work and outlining the work we want done in the future. Both worked swiftly to complete GFI installation on the spot, and explained their process for future work. Today's job was contracted on the spot and completed and paid; upcoming work will be quoted in pieces so we can select or modify the work we wish to have done. I'm very pleased and impressed with the quality and professionalism of the workers and their work and look forward to working with them again. It's good to work with professionals for one more reason; the peace of mind that the work is being done correctly, to code, for our safety.

Description of Work
GFI installation and residential electric review

Work Completed On 01/22/2019

10/17/2018

Ari R.

Joe and his coworker contacted me when they were on their way to my home. They were very professional, polite, and immediately put on work socks to prevent tracking of any dirt into the home. They quickly found the issue, resolved it, and installed new parts. All work and parts are warrantied by them for 3 years without any fee to service or replace them. Overall a great experience and I will definitely be contacting King Electric again for any electrical work on my home.

Description of Work
Diagnosing of circuit after short

Work Completed On 10/16/2018

10/12/2018

Robert L.

I was very pleased with the work done by King Electric and the professional manner in which they conducted themselves from the point of initial contact to set-up the appointment through the completion of the work. They arrived promptly at 8 am as promised both days of work and worked conscientiously the entire time they were here. I was especially impressed with the fact that on the first day, the General Manager arrived with the two electricians and reviewed each item of work to be done per the written agreement, walked though the entire job with them in my presence to ensure that they understood what needed to be done, and marked the location of switches and outlets. They wanted to be sure that the understood what I wanted done and allowed me to make a few last minute changes that I requested. I would definitely recommend King Electric to others based on my experience with them on this job.

Description of Work
Addition of new circuits, multiple outlets and switches, and changes to existing outlets and switches for basement remodeling job. Also, added new circuit and GFI outlet at back of house for outdoor lights

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

08/17/2018

Sandra G.

Excellent communication. Arrived on time and Tech confirmed work to be performed. Efficiently went from one task to another until complete. I purchased several types of flood lights and the Tech offered suggestions and explanations for all our questions. Would definitely call again.

Description of Work
Replace Porch Ceiling Fan & Outside Flood Light / Disconnect Landscape Lighting / Replace Electrical Outlet

Work Completed On 07/12/2018

08/07/2018

Carolyn S.

Very satisfied. Joe was very Professional, yet friendly.

Description of Work
Replaced ballast and installed LED light

Work Completed On 07/26/2018

07/03/2018

Kelly W.

Justin came out to perform an estimate initially and provided us with multiple options for our job. On the day of, the team showed up on time, was very professional, and finished the work in the time promised. We needed to have two electrical outlets installed in order to run 2 separate beverage refridgerators. They had to combine circuits on our panel, fish wires through our walls and spend hours crouching in our crawlspace. They made sure to check with me prior to doing the work so that it would be done to my satisfaction. They cleaned up after themselves and were very friendly. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Wiring and Outlet Installation

Work Completed On 06/22/2018

05/14/2018

Nancy R.

The workers arrived promptly, assessed the job and did the work efficiently. Everything was completed as we specified and cleanup was done quickly.

Description of Work
Rewriting a wall that was half torn down to make a breakfast bar and installing can lights

Work Completed On 05/14/2018

04/16/2018

EILEEN D.

It went fine, no problems! They came on time.

Description of Work
They repaired the pendant in the kitchen.

Work Completed On 10/16/2017

03/02/2018

Betty K.

It was very good. They new what they were doing and they did it in a clean and neat manner. They worked really well.

Description of Work
He put in some circuits for the new lighting in the kitchen.

Work Completed On 12/01/2017

10/04/2017

Cheri N.

They have been here a couple times, I'm not all that enamored with them. I don't know if it's the company or it's the person that they send to me. He wasn't a very good problem solver. If it wasn't obvious then it wasn't within his realm. He said that there was nothing he could do with that without ripping out the whole ceiling and that surprised me because I thought electricians could run wires. They were relatively responsive.

Description of Work
Installed some under cabinet lighting in the kitchen, we then had him look at an overhead light in the living room which the previous owners had capped off.

Work Completed On 04/04/2017

07/19/2017

MaryEllen P.

When I called to schedule, the woman in the office said they didn't have a minimum charge, but that they would assess the problem and give me a price and I could choose not to get the work done if it was unacceptable. However, when they arrived I was told they had a minimum $145 fee just to show up, so I definitely felt I had been misled. In addition to that, the problem was "cosmetic" to use their term, and all they did was flip the circuit breaker back on and tape a small slash in the wire (that my husband said later wasn't even where he had hit the wire!) They also reversed two plugs and left the plaster mess on the counter. Couldn't have been here 1/2 hour.

Description of Work
Power went off in bathroom during installation of new medicine cabinet. My husband hit a wire hidden behind a piece of metal.

Work Completed On 06/11/2017

We do not have a service call fee, travel fee, or an hourly fee. We try to quote everything before starting any work once we get to the home. The $145.00 is the minimum repair/service fee which was quoted when we got there. If the minimum service and repair fee was not acceptable at that point, there would not have been a charge. We took out 2 receptacles and reinstalled them the correct way. We checked the wiring, taped up the nick that we saw (maybe there were more than one nick), and reset the breaker. This was done for $145.00 which is the minimum repair/service fee. We apologize for the confusion and that our electrician misstated what the minimum service and repair fee was for. However, we did perform a small service and the minimum repair/service fee was properly quoted beforehand.

06/20/2017

Todd S.

They did a good job and was prompt.

Description of Work
Repaired the damage to an electrical wire that was nicked during some repair around the house.

Work Completed On 12/20/2016

06/02/2017

Jill D.

The guys were prompt, friendly, and professional. They also took the time to share some tips with me on how to save money on my electric bill. I followed their instructions and it worked! Also, they are priced very reasonable. They charge $280ish for the foyer light. I received estimates up to $650 for that same job! 5+++ stars out of 5!

Description of Work
I needed a very old and heavy (and ugly) foyer light pendant swapped for a new one that is on a 20 foot ceiling. I also need help with an outlet.

Work Completed On 05/24/2017

Review for King Electric - 5300 Perrysville Rd, Pittsburgh, PA - 35160179

05/24/2017

Smitha P.

I was pleasantly surprised to get a real person (a receptionist) on the phone when I called. She made sure to look up whether any electricians were available for same-day service before taking my info. Two guys were fortunately able to come over within a couple of hours. They immediately put booties on over their shoes when coming in, which I appreciated immensely. And they walked me through prices/options before starting work: based on the issue, they offered single-circuit repair work for a flat fee. They were very courteous and professional, and took the time to explain what was going on - as a single woman, I'm wary of male contractors being condescending, but they were very approachable and easily answered my questions. I'll gladly call them again should any future issues arise.

Description of Work
Out of the blue, my 1st-floor lights and living room outlets stopped working.

Work Completed On 05/24/2017

05/10/2017

SHARON T.

The experience was fantastic from start to finish. I submitted a request for service online, and within the 48 hours that was indicated, I received a call back from their scheduler. He was knowledgeable and gave me advice with how to proceed especially with the ceiling fan. We scheduled an appointment two and a half weeks after the initial inquiry due to our schedule. They would have been available sooner. When the electricians arrived on time, they assessed the chandelier and ceiling fan issues and gave me a thorough explanation of what they were going to do and how the costs covered their work. They cleaned up and finished within an hour and a half. They were friendly and professional.

Description of Work
We had issues with a master bedroom ceiling fan and our foyer chandelier that we needed to be addressed. We weren't entirely certain what was going on with the ceiling fan, but we knew it was electrical in nature.

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

Work Completed On 05/10/2017

03/20/2017

James M.

We were very satisfied with work performed.

Description of Work
Installation of interior lights and ceiling fans.

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

Work Completed On 02/14/2017

03/20/2017

Beatriz A.

They did a great job. The only problem was that they broke the connection of the exhaust fan and could not fix it.

Description of Work
Re wire the kitchen outlets to put them up to present codes.

Work Completed On 01/24/2017

02/17/2017

Alicia P.

Joe came twice for the same issue - didn't address it properly the first time. Came back, charged us again, to correctly ascertain the problem. Said he would follow up with an estimate to do the work, and never has.

Description of Work
Several small electrical issues in our home - blinking LED lights mainly.

Work Completed On 02/10/2017

At King Electric we pride ourselves in doing what is right for our clients. Here is a description of how the job took place. On Fri 1/27/17 We arrived at the client's home on and called before our arrival. Upon arrival, the homeowner walked us through 3 separate issues. First, was concerning the range hood. We explained to the homeowner that we do not repair appliances, but we could check the connections to the hood to make sure it was receiving the correct voltage. The second issue was concerning the lack of lighting in the garage, and the third issue was the master bedroom/closet/bathroom lighting. Once we went over the issues we informed the client that we have a minimum service and repair fee of $145.00. Which the client authorized to investigate those items. First, we repaired the connections, and socket for the range hood, and informed the client which type of bulb the unit requires. The LED bulbs the client installed we not compatible. Second, we diagnosed the issue with the garage lighting was due to the old Knob & Tube/ BX wiring being disconnected. We informed the client new MC wiring and fixtures would need to be installed to correct the issue. The client asked us for a proposal outlining the work needed. We emailed a proposal on 2/1/17, and the client responded back declining the work. Third, concerning the lights in the master bedroom area. We explained to the client that the lights were on multiple switches and that because they are LED lights, either the dimmers or the LED fixtures were not compatible. The client informed us that they would try a different bulb and let us know, but did not want us to proceed any further. King Electric collected the payment for service provided which involved 2 electricians for 1.5 hours. After receiving an email that the issues were not resolved, we made a return trip. On Fri 2/10/17, We arrived a the clients home on time and called before we came. Upon arrival, the homeowner walked us through 2 issues they still were having. First, the range hood was not working again. The client had put in different bulbs and they did not work. We inspected the situation and found that one of the bulbs was not screwed in all the way, and the other was bad. We informed the client and told them there was no charge for this. The second issue was concerning the master bedroom/closet/bathroom lighting again. The client had tried different bulbs and it did not resolve the issue. The client then asked us to replace the switch to one of them. We explained that this would not resolve the issue, and would have to charge her another minimum service and repair fee if we supply and install it. They insisted and authorized the work. We replaced the switch, checked all the connections and found that the issue was not related to the dimmers. We opened the fixtures and found hazardous wiring conditions due to the illegal wiring from a previous electrician. We showed them the incompatible drivers (for the led lights), open wiring, buried junctions, and illegal LED trim piece (no housing). We explained the dangers involved and the client requested another proposal to complete resolve the issue. We collected the minimum service and repair fee which again involved 2 electricians, 1 hour of time, and materials. We emailed the client a proposal on 2/10/17 outlining the work required to the correct the hazardous wiring/lights, in which we received no response.