Cullen Electric Inc

948 Old State Route 74

Cincinnati, OH 45245

Essential Business Performing all services as offered in Ohio and Indiana

We accept remote payment

We are a family owned business servicing the needs of the Residential Electrical Client in the Greater Cincinnati Area since 1999. Our services encompass all areas of installation and repair from Service Updates to In ground Swimming Pool Electrical Installations. We have an excellent professional reputation with the Building Departments of the Southwestern Ohio Cities and Counties and strive to maintain 100% client satisfaction from scheduling to final invoicing....

electrician (317)lighting (116)ceiling fan installation (55)landscape lighting (18)home remodeling (7)home security systems (7)movers (7)roofing (2)home theater installation (2)

10/18/2021

Miho S.

At first we asked for repair their switches but they are too old and follow their advice to replace all to LED lights.

Description of Work
Replace all the lights in the basement

Category electrician,lighting

Work Completed On 10/15/2021

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your experience with Cullen Electric. LED's are the greatest lighting invention since the original Edison lamp from the 1800's. Efficient to the point they are almost free to operate! Thanks for your business!

09/09/2021

MICHAEL F.

I was amazed that these guys were able to come out the day I called. I expected a long wait. They diagnosed two different problems one of which they were able to fix and the other which has to be fixed by the company that services my home generator. I couldn't be happier with the results. Thanks

Description of Work
Electric Repairs of Plugs and Dryer Outlet

Work Completed On 09/09/2021

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with Cullen Electric on Angi! We appreciate the kind words and they will definitely be shared with the techs that were at your home. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again in the future! Andy C

08/06/2021

Mark G.

The work was very good, I was very happy with it. They cleaned up after themselves, answered all my inquiries and question. I was happy with the professionalism and responsiveness of the technician. Their pricing was fair.

Description of Work
Removed a knob and tube wiring in our house

Work Completed On 03/15/2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Angie's List. It was a pleasure working with you and we appreciate your business very much!

06/19/2021

Tom J.

Previously before Pandemic they did good work Recently not so good. A lot of follow-up work was needed. Just not the same quality. It appears installing our light pile that we bought was a bit much. Whatever the the issue, it was hard to get them to come back out, and in the end the owner didn't hold his technician's feet to the fire, making the repair and fix what he said he'd do. Several times they didn't show I was upset. In the they they drove by and things " looked" fine. Well, the fix was supposed to be either replacing the nut and nipple post which fastens the center post light to our new lamp pole. And or using liquid welding. Sadly, we were home for 2 days and today's excuse after 6 pm was he drove by, and after emailing the owner, the technician either drove by again or sat in his car in the driveway. The manager, technician was all talk. The owner blamed it on the manufacturer. Meanwhile I had talked about future work. We just wanted this done right. We've got the picture of the center post light coming loose and flopping over. We showed the manager, technician how it came loose twice during installation and when supposedly fixed by him. I can't recommend there company and people. You might get an initial estimate and work, but what good is it if they are sloppy, forget to do things, drop tools left and right in your house, or can't be trusted to complete a job. Not all work is as easy as it seems, yet installing a light pole, over-torquing parts or maybe forgetting a part to incorrect assembly is more likely than manufacturer problems.

Description of Work
Outside light pole

Category electrician,outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 06/19/2021

Review for Cullen Electric Inc - 948 Old State Route 74, Cincinnati, OH - 39375873

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here on Angie's List. You did in fact have service shortcomings on your original installation. That was recognized, accepted, and is why a different team was dispatched to your home the following day and corrected those items to your satisfaction. It was also the reason we dispatched our Ops Manager to repair the manufacturer's issue shown in the picture you provided. The manufacturing defect with the light pole you provided was fixed the first time the Ops Manager was sent out to investigate the problem. The fact it survived a severe thunderstorm with 80 mile an hour winds this past weekend is proof that repair was effective. If you have further issues with your light we will be happy to respond and fix them. It would be fair to also display the picture of your repaired light as well. Since the picture you provided is NOT the condition the light is in presently. I appreciate your business and am sorry we let you down on this stop. I have done everything as a business owner to appease you. Your job is complete and we thank you for the opportunity to serve you again. Andy Cullen

03/28/2021

ROGER M.

Quote was $646.15. I thought that was high, but I agreed to it. Work was fine. The e-mailed invoice came with no itemization and I was told that their invoices don't allow that, in spite of the fact that there was a line for the LED panel, but no cost noted. After I complained about the invoice, I noted a $79 Angie's List discount, but this has not shown up in my credit card account. Their invoice explanation was lame. I was always happy with previous usages of this provider, but they are off my list now!

Description of Work
replace two light switches(1 provided by me), replace a 2' x4' LED panel.

Work Completed On 03/23/2021

Thank you for your sharing your thoughts! As you stated when we perform service calls we ascertain the scope of work with the homeowner and proffer pricing prior to repairs being made. As you stated the installation cost of 646.15 was accepted by you before we began work on those projects. As you stated the installation was performed professionally and for the agreed upon price. If our pricing was higher than you expected, we would have left prior to services being rendered, and thanked you for the opportunity to earn your business! Negotiating agreed on pricing after the installation defies good faith efforts by all parties. Services were rendered professionally, and in good faith as described, and charged as expected. in 2019 we changed to a flat rate pricing model to make things easier for both the techs in the field and the consumer to understand the full scope of pricing up front. This avoids the "tech took 15 minutes on the phone, and 5 mins in the bathroom and charged me" potential drama. The cost is firm. There is an "Angie's List Member Discounted Service Call Pricing (- $20.00 off of $99.00 Standard Service Charge)". $79.00 We then itemize special materials for WARRANTY tracking purposes in the lines that follow and they are quantified, in most cases, as 0. We then list a scope of work line item that has the scope of work listed and that line contains the TOTAL cost of materials and labor. Pre-estimated work may not follow this exact format. You were not charged more than the agreed upon price. We do not refund money on charges that were agreed upon, unless there were extraneous service shortcomings. That was not the case here by your own statements. Please reach out and let me know who agreed to a refund as no one here recalls making that promise. We err on the side of our valued homeowners when we come up short. This doesn't seem to be one of those times. We thank you for your business and wish you all the best!

01/28/2021

Scott C.

Very prompt and professional, completed task in a timely manner and cleaned up before leaving.

Description of Work
Outlets added for a fireplace and tv

Work Completed On 01/28/2021

Thank you very much for leaving a review on Angies List! We appreciate the kind words and your business very much! Andy Cullen

01/08/2021

Gary V.

Replaced several GFI's. Tecnitions dignosed the problem quickly, and made the necessary repairs. Very friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Electrical outlets needed repairing

Work Completed On 01/04/2021

Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy day to share your thoughts on Angie’s List. I am glad our field Techs exceeded your expectations and made a positive impression. Thank you again for your kind words and your business. Both are appreciated very much! Andy C

11/04/2020

DEBORAH K.

Went well. No complaints other than the fact I thought they were pricey. I had to get over the sticker shock of the cost for this service. Electricians were professional, wore masks while indoors (COVID protocol) and cleaned up after themselves. I would hire Cullen again.

Description of Work
Move existing TV cable plus add dedicated electrical outlet for wall-mounted TV

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

I am glad to see we met your service and quality expectations! A few words on our pricing model: Our pricing reflects our commitment to customer service and professionalism. It is also a reflection of the commitment we have to our valued associates both in wages and benefits. It is an investment to hire, train, and retain skilled, committed professionals that share our vision for quality and service. We believe the quality of our service is consistent with our pricing. Our Ten Year Warranty is further prof that we believe in our abilities. Thank you again for your thoughts and thank you for your your business. We appreciate them both very much! Andy Cullen

08/24/2020

R H.

From the quoting process to instalation, everything was done professionally and with great care in mind. There are a lot of companies in this space but few can hold a candle to Cullen Electric, in my mind. There were a few complicating factors with completing the install but the electricians made great recommendations and I trusted their guidance. It was because of this that I opted to have the company do more work when they came out. I also appreciated the care the electricians took with my property. They had on all of the necessary equipment to make me comfortable. All of the aforementioned was at a price that was in my budget and with a great warranty on the work. I have since referred this company to several colleagues and family members and look forward to having their help with another project. Thanks again Cullen Electric on a job well done! Sincerely, Very Satisfied Customer

Description of Work
Add motion sensor security lights on all sides of my home and replace motion sensor light with Ring Camera.

Category electrician,lighting,home security systems

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the kind words and will be sharing your thoughts with the team that was there and the rest of our associates at our next service meeting. Thank you for your business it is much appreciated as well!

08/12/2020

Nancy F.

It was very good. They did everything right.

Description of Work
They put ceiling lights in one of my rooms.

Category lighting

Work Completed On 08/12/2019

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts about Cullen Electric! Thank you too for your business over the years it is appreciated very much! I am happy to see we met your expectations and will continue to strive for excellence! Andy C

Electrical Service - Knob & Tube Wiring Replacement, Service Upgrades, Electrical Trouble Shooting & Repair, Whole House Rewiring, Remodel & Additions, Aluminum-Copper Updates, Underground Service Installations, Swimming Pool & Hot Tub Installations & Repair, Lighting Design & Installation, Landscape & Exterior Lighting, Led Retrofitting, Ceiling Fan Installations, Sunken Meter Wire Repair, & Home Electrical Inspections.

Kentucky State Services.