We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Universal Windows Direct of Charlotte

Founded 2002 • With Angi since November 2015

3101 Yorkmont Rd

Charlotte, NC 28208

Since its inception by co founders William Barr and Michael Strmac in 2002, Universal Windows Direct has lived by the philosophy of CANEI - "Constant and Never Ending Improvement". This philosophy holds true in all aspects of our business, from sales and marketing to installation and service and has catapulted UWD from a small, local home improvement company to one of the largest exterior remodeling companies in the country. Every one of our employees strives continuously to be the best in the business at what they do and provide our customers with only the highest levels of sales, service, and support. We think our company's history speaks to this goal and to the power of what we can accomplish by never settling. Universal Windows Direct of Charlotte opened in 2011. Our products feature the exclusive UniShield brand and come with a transferable lifetime warranty on materials and labor. We are a fully licensed, bonded, and insured company and EPA Lead-Safe certified. In addition, a portion of every sale goes to support a growing list of local charities....

06/19/2021

Deanna C.

They arrived 2 hours prior to appointment and went right to work removing the old windows and installing the new ones. It took about four hours. They were very polite and the windows look great. I love them. Believe it or not their are screens on the lower part of the double hungs, I love how they are almost invisible. No obstruction of view

Description of Work
I had five windows replaced, four were double hung

Category replacement windows

Thank you for taking the time to leave a recommendation! ^AM

10/06/2020

Ami P.

Do not waste your money with this company. They do not care about they customer. They care about the commission and sale. I had 20+ windows in my home replaced and I’ve been waiting on 1 to come in for 17 weeks. They just keep giving me and my husband excuses about where the window is. They’re not honest and they don’t take responsibility for their mistakes.

Description of Work
Window replacements

Category replacement windows

Hello, we hope that our service team was able to resolve your concerns. Thank you for making us aware of your experience and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything. - MS

04/22/2020

M. S.

They did an absolutely awful job. They messed things up, damaged my house, and tried to hide their mistakes rather than fixing them. Luckily after this job, their corporate came and cleaned house at this branch so hopefully they are better now. The new workers may be perfectly good, but the old ones that worked on my house were quite bad.

Description of Work
Install new windows.

Category replacement windows

We are sorry to hear you did not have 100% Customer Satisfaction on your project, that is always what we strive for! We will pass your feedback on to our management team. Thank you! -UWD Customer Service

06/26/2019

Larry O.

3/9/19 – Met with Matt (sales). After determining we had 26 windows and factoring in our request for a new front door, he came up with a cost of $50,232. Then after applying the BOGO offer, the cost came down to a more realistic $25,116. This number was more in line with other quotes we had gotten. I had to smile when Matt said “this offer is only good for today”. It’s a line I’ve not heard in a long time and figured it had gone the way of VHS tapes. I worked the price down to $22k and then Matt had to call and run the offer by his manager. Reminds me of when I bought my first new car in 1978. Anyhow, I accepted the offer, signed papers, etc. As part of the deal I had to display a Universal Windows sign in my front yard. Matt says we’ll be contacted soon to have someone come out and take exact measurements. Mid/late March – UW calls to set measurement appt. I set the date for March 26. March 26 – Nate comes by for our measurement appointment. All goes well and Nate answers all our questions. Early May – I receive call from UW that our windows are ready and install will take 3 days. I set the installation to start on Monday, May 13. May 13 – Install team (Mike and Doug) show up. They first install the front door and then prep the exterior of some of our windows. On Tuesday and Wednesday Mike and Doug finish up the install. There was wood rot at 3-4 windows that Mike and Doug took care of. Some time on Monday or Tuesday Mike tells me that two of our windows (half rounds) are on back order. There was also a small mix-up in the windows. We had requested obscure glass for the front door (done), upstairs bath (done) and for the picture window above the master Jacuzzi (also done). There should have been an obscure window in the master water closet, but it was installed in the master bedroom instead. It couldn’t be switched with the master bath window since it was a narrower opening. The crew made note of the mix up and said they would get the info to the office so replacements could be ordered. Other than the noted issues, the crew did fine – no problems and they cleaned up well. Mid May to early June – I called three times to check on things. The 704-594-1900 number belongs to UW’s St. Louis office. The office rep told me that due to a phone issue she couldn’t transfer my call and would email the Charlotte office and someone would get back to me. No one did. On the fourth time – June 5 – the office rep gave me an alternate number to call. I called and talked with Tammy. She said the windows would most likely arrive June 11 and she would call me. There was no call on June 11, so I called again on June 12 and found that indeed the windows had arrived on June 11. I set the install date for Thursday, June 20. June 20 – Mike and Doug arrive again. They corrected the obscure glass mix-up and installed the half rounds. Took about 3 hours. Later in the afternoon I called UW to settle my account balance. I asked Tammy why the half-rounds were on back order for a month (May 13 to June 11 – probably longer). She wasn’t sure without digging and checking, but guessed there was a defect in the first windows. Four weeks is a long time for a defect correction. No apology for the long wait. The windows are very nice. My original windows were wooden, builder’s grade, hazy, and very ugly. They came with the house built in 1993. My home is much brighter and cooler now - and outside noise has been greatly reduced. Final verdict: Excellent windows Great installation So-so customer service In the attached picture you can see the contrast between the old half-round and the new window directly below.

Description of Work
Replace windows and front door

Category replacement windows,doors

Thank you for your review! Please let us know if we can assist with anything else. Thank you, UWD Customer Service

04/28/2019

Chuck Y.

It went very well and they were very professional.9700

Description of Work
Had all my windows replaced.

Category replacement windows

That is wonderful! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Thank you, UWD Customer Service

02/24/2019

ariel K.

my experience with kyle was amazing!!! his presentation was spectacular and i would 10/10 recommend him and his company to anybody :)

Description of Work
front door

Category doors

That's great! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please let us know if we can assist with anything else. Thank you, UWD Customer Service

01/23/2019

BRIAN Y.

Vendor mis-measured (twice), wrong pieces delivered, not all pieces delivered (and they missed all of that in their pre-job verification), lost windows, windows all had dust between glass panes, delayed re-ordering the replacements for months, had to chase them down to get them to finish the work - took 7 months to get my new windows in, had to go 4 months with my house in disarray for them to finish the work. I have a very detailed log of the whole job with dates, who I worked with, and every issue that I would love to share (vendor has seen my log and doesn't dispute any of the details) - offered almost no compensation (7%) for all of their poor work, and only on the condition that I sign a contract saying they did nothing wrong and that I wouldn't tell the truth to BBB or Angies List.

Description of Work
Replaced all of the windows in our house. 34 windows

Category replacement windows

We strive for 100% customer satisfaction and are sorry to hear that yours was not. We appreciate you sharing this feedback and it will be passed along to our management team. Thank you, UWD Customer Service

11/03/2018

Billy R.

it went just great the guys that came out were real great at there job.

Description of Work
new windows

Category replacement windows

Yay! Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience. Please let us know if we can assist with anything else. Thank you, UWD Customer Service

10/16/2018

Robin M.

Our salesman Jon Crespo arrived on time and was very professional! He listened to what our needs were and went through our options as well as showing us the window sample. All of our questioned were answered with obvious knowledge of the product and installation process. He gave us a very good price too! I will follow up once the windows are installed with a further review.

Description of Work
Replacement window quote

Category replacement windows

Yay! That you for sharing your experience with us. We hope you LOVE your new windows. Thank you, UWD Customer Service

10/09/2018

Cynthia H.

I am updating my earlier review. We had to reside my home because of bad work and windows that did not fit properly. The windows stick out from the wall and Todd said they will because the windows are not made for mobile homes. (I have back up) Due to the windows being to short the rain wrapped around the window and entered between the window and filler board also the vinyl the that was not locked with finish trim so water also ran in there too. During the hard rain they leaked even though we had used waterproof tape to block holes and the areas that would leak. I now have white mold, black mold growing in my walls. Todd said he would not do anything to my windows since we did not agree on his last visit, approximate date of this was July 19th. I haven't had an email or call back from Universal Windows in response to my email concerning the mold growing. I would not have known about the leaks if I had not started to replace my vinyl. UWD of Charlotte is responsible for this and should be responsible for fixing my walls, they have photos.

Description of Work
Replacement Windows

Category replacement windows

Thank you for reaching out! We are sorry to hear about your experience. This information has been shared with our management team. Thank you, UWD Customer Service

All American Gutter Protection

The best decision you'll ever make! All American Gutter Protection is an innovative gutter protection company that is established and manufactured in the USA, who prides themselves on the highest quality product, installation, customer service and satisfaction. Specializing in seamless aluminum gutters and a stainless steel micro filter gutter guard, All American Gutter Protection is the number one choice when it comes to all gutter needs. All American Gutter Protection uses only authorized, trained technicians and a lifetime performance warranty.

A+ Plus Contracting

We have over 27 years of experience and are veterans to the Charlotte area. We manage the business with multiple crews. We specialize in residential and commercial gutter systems and numerous gutter guard leaf stopping systems. We also specialize in other exterior products, please call us to discuss your needs.

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning - North Carolina

When you choose Ned Stevens for your gutter cleaning, gutter repair, gutter installation, and other services, you can count on exceptional quality of work and outstanding customer service. Our labor staff are all our own employees, and we train them in our state-of-the-art training facility focusing on quality work. Our work is 100% Guaranteed. Your satisfaction is our goal. We want to make your gutter cleaning experience effortless. You never need to be home! We are fully insured and guarantee all of our work. Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

Replacement Windows, Vinyl Siding, Vinyl Shakes & Scallops, Front Doors, Patio Doors, Sliding Glass Doors. Gutters & Gutter Protection, Attic insulation, Roofing.

Glass Repair, Window Frame Repair & Service.