Aspen One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning

Founded 1981 • With Angi since August 2007

30 employees. Uses subs for excavating. No extra charge for after hours service. Charges a flat rate. Travel charges may apply. Ask about Angie's list discount.

Amenities

This pro has not provided any licensing information to Angi at this time.All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

Barb N.
04/19/2023
0 stars. Installed an ac unit and a new furnace around early 2022. All scratched up on both when the techs were done. I spoke with the owner and he didn’t want to make it right. Instead, he had somebody drop off 2 beat up nasty spray paint cans for us as a customer to fix ourselves.. Don’t think so after your company got paid to do a job and failed. DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY.
Description of Work
New AC and Furnace installed.
Tim P.
08/24/2019
I knew I had more trouble than just a service. Very friendly and courteous. Would gladly hire again. They installed a/c & furnace for a very fair price and installed it that Monday. Cleaned up everything and left no mess.
Description of Work
a/c service
heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the great review! Glad you are happy with our work.
James W.
07/13/2019
Everything went great , they were very professional.
Description of Work
New furnace installed and AC unit fixed.
Terri R.
03/12/2018
I was told that my furnace was most likely leaking carbon monoxide due to a cracked heat exchanger and it needed to be replaced immediately. I was given a quote of around $4500. I had another hearing and cooling company come out to check on it through the Consumer’s Energy Appliance Service Plan the next day. I was told that the heat exchanger in my furnace would take a hammer hitting it and probably still not crack. A CO test was done by them and there wasn’t a trace of CO in my home. Both Consumer’s Energy and the company that came out feel that I was being scammed into buying a new furnace. When I called the owner of Aspen, he was very rude from the minute I answered the phone. I will never do business with them his company again.
Description of Work
I paid for a furnace tune-up.
Carl Z.
08/22/2017
Very smooth, veryl professional service techs.
Description of Work
NEw Furnace, Air Conditioner and Water Heater
Category
heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

[Member Name Removed] Thank you for the nice review I'm happy everything went smooth. Gary
Sharon M.
06/28/2017
They came out almost immediately to assess the damage and temporarily put the old cap back on to protect the chimney, chimney liner and furnace. They had to order the part and customize part of it. They worked in the dead of winter with snow and up on the roof. Also, some work had to be done on the furnace heat ducts....new ones added. They were exceptional and very knowledgeable. The supervisor of the crew had a broken leg and was on crutches. He went up and down my basement stairs and never once was grouchy.....always pleasant with a smile. He explained everything that was being done and why pointing out everything. Would use them again in a heartbeat.
Description of Work
Cap/topper to brick chimney had blown off.
Sharon or Reid S.
05/11/2017
The appointment went okay. Checked option "no" for "Would you hire again?" only because the company is based in Jackson and in an emergency not the most practical choice and if it was not for the Angie's List promo we most likely would not have heard about this company.
Description of Work
Inspect and clean central a/c.
heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed] Thanks for the review, Its difficult to screen a definitive territory regarding Angie's List Promo's, so we have decided to run the calls as they come in. Most of the time customers research our location before they purchase a promo and know where we are located. Thanks again Gary
Vincent B.
03/28/2017
They were good. They are more expensive than other people I contacted. They also had the brand I wanted, and the financing I needed at the time. I would recommend them.
Description of Work
They came out and checked the air conditioner after a storm tipped it over.
heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed] Thanks for the positive review. If there is any thing else we can do please call. Thanks again Gary
Li G.
03/22/2017
I think there were two people that came to complete the service. It took a couple of hours. They found the problem, they went out to get some parts, so it took two hours.They cleaned the area a little bit.
Description of Work
They did a furnace check.
heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed] Thank you for the review, let me know if there is anything else we can do for you. Thanks Gary
Vincent B.
11/03/2016
I was contacted within 5 minutes after doing angieslist, and Brent came out the very next day. I had already had several quotes from other companies and knew what I needed and things that needed to be fixed due to terrible air returns and flow. Yes Aspen was far more expensive but they did everything I asked for and then some. They did not try to up sell me and told me what was needed verses what I had already been told by others, without Aspen knowing. They were $2000-$2500 more expensive than my other quotes but your buying an American Made product from AMANA. Sure I could have gone with Goodman the same company that makes Amana and I could have gone with trane, carrier etc, however since it has been a mild fall we took two weeks to research all the units quoted to us from everyone and liked the proposal from Aspen the best even though they were more we decided to go with them verses someone more local which I have dealt with in the past. They drove 50 miles to give a quote and 50 miles to install it today. They worked from 8am till 4pm and installed both units with only a 30 minute lunch. They did not take breaks and were very respectful using Sir in every sentence as we spoke. They installed extra return air lines to help make the equipment work more efficient. They did not try to talk me into extra accessories or thermostat seeing how I did not need a fancy programmable one, or and electric filter etc. Jason the installer along with his trainee did a great job. I read all the reviews before accepting the contract and did my research, those who have make negative reviews are the type who will complain if they get a new car for Christmas free because it isnt their color. I had a great experience, Paid more but very pleased with the service and quality of work. Like I said we had 7 other quotes all less but I liked what Brent had to say and what he was willing to do for us along with his honesty that they could not compete with the other quotes. All in all very pleased! Vincent Butts Adrian, MI
Description of Work
I had a furnace and AC unit installed.
heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed] Thanks for the positive review! Please call if we can ever help you again! We also have a referral program in place that would benefit you, so please tell your relatives, friends and neighbors about us. Thanks again Gary
Donald K.
06/23/2016
He arrived at agreed time. On arrival he surveyed the premesis and determined the sequence of steps to bring the a/con line and correct the deficiencies. After cleaning the a/c and replacing the filter he ran the system long enough to determine additional work will be required that I pospooned till fall due to financial circumstances.
Description of Work
Cleaned Air Conditioner, replaced filter and reworked thermostat. Also enrolled in service contract.
heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed] Thanks for the positive review! If you need service again please call! Thanks Gary
Werner S.
11/27/2015
I called on Wednesday afternoon before thanksgiving day. We scheduled an appoint for Friday morning. The technician arrived at about 10:00 am. The technician was very polite, professional and cleaned up after himself. He had the problem identified and fixed within about 1/2 hour. After the repair was complete he gave us a couple of options as far as paying for the repair for that day or choosing a annual plan which included an annual tuneup for the air-conditioner and furnace. He was not high pressure just laid out what the offer was. We choose the later since we needed to have that none anyway next year. Very pleased with the service.
Description of Work
Our furnace was leaking water at the base of the furnace. It was obvious there was a malfunction with the water condensate collection system. The technician (Andrew) got right to the problem in a matter of a few minutes. It was clog in the collector unit and the technician had it corrected in short order.
Category
heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, drain cleaning

[Member Name Removed] Thanks for the positive review. If you ever need help again please call! Thanks Gary
P B.
11/16/2015
After follow-up from the owner (3 months later) we are satisfied.
Description of Work
Water heater check up.

Good Morning Thanks for the positive review! Gary
matthew A.
09/02/2015
We sought a second opinion with Applegate in Jackson. Don came out and made two minor fixes for $117 that restored our air conditioning to normal working order. Very disappointed with Aspen's lack of knowledge and insistence on the highest priced repair.
Description of Work
The technician came out and diagnosed our central air problem using an electronic reader. He quoted us $700-1000 to repair the problem, but recommended a new system. The cost of this incorrect evaluation was $49. Aspen then sent a long-winded sales rep to price a new system--minimum $6495.
heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member name removed] I'm sorry you didn't have a great experience with our company. All of our technician are factory trained and certified and are constantly being trained on new product. We have found over the years that its better to replace your HVAC system then putting money into a inefficient system. We have been in business our 35 years and I can assure you we all strive to make our customers happy. Please accept my apology for falling below your expectations. Gary
Fran P.
05/26/2015
Very clean, quick work, professional.
Description of Work
Replaced furnace and A/C and installed a heat pump.
heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the great review! Gary
Jerry R.
05/08/2015
Bill arrived on time and was very courteous and professional. Did an excellent job of cleaning the coils on the outside compressor unit. Never thought they would be so dirty. Then he took the time to help me level the unit as it had settled over the years. This was above and beyond what this service called for. Over all, very happy with this service.
Description of Work
Central AC clean and check.
heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the nice review Gary
Chris P.
02/08/2015
They were prompt, professional, and did a great job. Restored heat to the house in under 24 hours.
Description of Work
Replaced furnace and a/c.
heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the great review! Gary
Jane D.
12/18/2014
My furnace was not working. I have a service plan with them and there was no charge. They are excellent.
Description of Work
Serviced non working furnace.
Category
heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Thank you so much for your positive review. We are glad you are happy with our service and are glad to have you as a customer.
Ellen D.
11/24/2014
Great service, except they couldnt tell that I had already paid through Angles List and I had to pay a second time, then took three phone calls to get my money back.....
Description of Work
Furnace checkup
heating & air conditioning/hvac

(Member name removed), Thanks for your review. Sorry it took us so long to sort out the money issue. Glad to see your happy.
Denise P.
08/21/2014
We called them on Monday morning and they worked us in to get it done the same day. They installed the hot water heater in a timely manner, and did a great job. Very professional and helpful! Would definitely use again.
Description of Work
Installed a new hot water heater.
plumbing, water heater repair

Glad to hear we could help you out so quickly. Thanks for your positive review.
Paul B.
06/10/2014
It turned excellent and we had no problems with scheduling. The technician was professional, on-time and friendly.
Description of Work
They performed a furnace tune-up.
Elizabeth D.
10/25/2013
On Friday october 11 Aspen came out to perform a check up and tune up on my furnace. I bought the 69 coupon through Angies list. it was during this check up that I found out I had a crack in my heating element and my furnace had to be shut off. A representative came out that same day and went over the options for replacements. It turns out they had a special going on and I was able to get an extremely top of the line system I which included an Amanda system with a hepa filter, humidifier, uv light and a heat pump. So both my furnace and ac unit got replaced. They came out on Tuesday while I was at work and when I got home that evening they were finishing up.they were very professional, polite and cleaned up before they left. The unit works great and I no longer have hot or cold spots, the house is now an even temperature. They also included a comfort care plan where they come out twice a year and get your furnace ready for winter and your ac ready for summer. I definitely got my money's worth
Description of Work
They replaced my furnace and air conditioning unit.
Beverly I.
05/20/2013
Secondly, I was seeking estimates to replace my aging Amana 90% natural gas furnace in my primary residence. It is located in a Michigan basement so it has numerous environmental factors that are corroding the unit. I fear it may not make it into the winter of 2013. He explained the models and the representative was thorough and told me about current Government-allowed-tax-deductions for installing newer and more energy efficient units.( I bought my original furnace from them in January of 1993.) He wrote me up a bid promptly. Unfortunately, the job would well-exceed my budget for the time-being. They were at my property before for the furnace and have ALWAYS a great job! I wish I could afford to have this new job done--they would certainly be in the running!
Description of Work
First, I had them out to repair my dead furnace and they had to replace a part. He had the part within a couple of hours and it was toasty in my cold house by the evening. They are really reliable and good people to work with!!
Florence S.
09/10/2012
I had some communication problems with them. But, they came out promptly and gave me an estimate. I ended up spending a little bit extra and that was my problem. It wasn't their fault. My overall experience with them was excellent.
Description of Work
I have used Aspen One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning company. They put in a new air conditioning unit and some chimney wires in my house.
Mitzie H.
08/30/2012
The install went very well. They showed up on time and kept us well informed as to what they were doing and how long it would take. The only real problem was a discrepancy in what was supposed to be on the quote and what was on the actual quote. This unfortunately resulted in a couple of things being left off the quote and subsequently were not done. Make sure you read your quote thoroughly! The other problem was the placement of the exhaust vent on the front of the house instead of through the roof. Not real happy with a big white cone sticking out of the front wall of my dark green house.
Description of Work
Installed a new furnace and central air unit.

Phone

Discover
PayPal
Financing Available

FAQ

Aspen One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning is currently rated 4.6 overall out of 5.

Aspen One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning is open:

Aspen One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, Financing Available

Yes, Aspen One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning offers free project estimates.

Yes, Aspen One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning offers eco-friendly accreditations.

No, Aspen One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning does not offer a senior discount.

Yes, Aspen One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning offers emergency services.

Yes, Aspen One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning offers warranties.

Aspen One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning offers the following services: Heating. Air Conditioning. Furnace. Plumbing. Drain Cleaning. Humidifiers. Thermostats. Water Heaters. Water Filters. Heat Pump. Geothermal.