Our showroom is by appointment only; offering virtual appointments and in-home/office appointments

We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Mercer Carpet One Floor & Home

Founded 1959 • With Angi since January 2013

26 W Main St

Westminster, MD 21157

Mercer Carpet One has been servicing Central Maryland and Southern PA for over 60 years. We are a family owned and operated company. Our goal has always been to provide customers with superior service and proven products. Over the years we have added product offerings based on the needs of our customers. Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate Ceramic, Natural Stone, Vinyl, Luxury Vinyl Tile, Area Rugs, Step and Rail Refacing, & Counter Tops. We are proud of the fact that we're working with 3rd generation customers. We met grandparents who sent us their children who are now recommending that their children work with us. Voted "Carroll's Best Flooring Company" by Carroll County Times Readers every year for the last 18 years. We strive everyday to be the experts in our field. Our Sales People are the highest trained in the industry. Our Installers are full-time flooring certified employees....

04/17/2021

Rod R.

They did an outstanding job from start to finish. Our sales associated, Agnello Anthony, attended to every detail. The installation crew was prompt, professional and treated our home as if it were theirs. We were quoted a fair price for a high quality product. I will definitely consider them on any future flooring projects.

Description of Work
Replace hardwood floors with a high quality vinyl flooring.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We're thrilled that you're so happy with your new living room luxury vinyl plank flooring and your experience with the Mercer Team. Please reach out at any time as questions arise!

12/05/2020

Renee S.

I had floors installed in August of 2020 and noticed a number of issues following the completion. I contacted Jim at Mercer and it took almost a week before they bothered to get back to me. Jeff came out, took a look and agreed that there were several problems. When they came out to fix the problems, they did not finish the work and actually made one area worse. I was told that the yellow goo, that they used to cover nails on the white baseboard, would turn white. It did not and I was told to paint them myself. There are large gaps between planks everywhere and the stair riser is awful. I'm sure that they would not put pictures of the work done, at my house, on their website for clients to see. After calling Jim at Mercer to let him know that I was not happy, he sent Kelly to my house twice, without an appointment, to complete the repairs. Because I am a teacher working from home, I was not able to let him in to my house due to classes taking place. Since then, I have never heard one word from the company about repairing this mess. I have sent Jim several emails since October and he has never bothered to acknowledge them. This company does not know the meaning of customer service or quality work and I would not recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
new flooring

Category flooring contractor, apartments

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, [Member Name Removed]. Our team works hard to provide customers with the best support possible and we apologize that this wasn’t your experience. We'll be reaching out to you shortly to find a time that works best for everyone to fix the issues that you are experiencing. Thank you.

07/12/2020

Alison R.

Kaitlin was a pleasure to deal with from beginning to end. Her customer service was top notch. The installers were professional, friendly and efficient. We did not have one issue with the whole process. I would recommend them to anybody and will use them for any future projects.

Description of Work
Replace carpet in bedrooms, hallway and stairs

Category carpet installation

Thanks for the amazing recommendation, [Member Name Removed]! We hope that you enjoy your new carpet, stair color, and stairway runner.

07/07/2020

William B.

Second time we have used Mercer. They are great. The installers were friendly and professional. The carpet, runner and refinished steps look great. Katlin Choate is the best!!

Description of Work
Carpet replacement and stair refinishing

Category carpet installation, apartments

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We're thrilled that you are so happy with your new carpeting, runner, the refinishing of your stairs, and your experience! Please let us know if there is ever anything we can help you with!

12/24/2019

Maralee J.

They were excellent. Their pricing was good. The people were awesome. The quality of work was excellent.

Description of Work
They put flooring throughout the entire church.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We're thrilled that you are so happy with your new carpeting and your experience! Please let us know if there is ever anything we can help you with!

07/10/2018

Allison A.

Mercer Carpet did a great job installing new carpet in our basement after it was flooded. Barry Jones, the person with whom I spoke at Mercer in Ellicott City understood that we were looking for a nice, basic carpet for a basement (that may or may not flood again), and didn't try to talk me into a higher end carpet that wouldn't have been practical for the space. I got a nice quality, basic carpet for a great price. Barry came out the next day to measure, and scheduled our carpet installation for 4 days later. You can tell he is very thorough and a perfectionist, (in the best way). The team arrived on time, were very thorough (installation was included in the price), and finished that day. Looks great and feels great! No complaints, would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Basement Carpet

12/20/2017

Robert C.

Company was vary frendly and worked with my wife and me to selected products at an agreeable cost. However, contractor's proposal/contract was so general that anything the contrator did would be acceptable and within the terms of the contract. The basic written contract terms were so restricted on behalf of the contractor that the contractor could not be held responsible for anything. I would be a fool to accept these terms. I tried to have the contract modified to provide general details as to what we had agreed upon but the contractor would not agree and refused to discuss the point .

Description of Work
Installation of kitchen canbinets and flooring.

Category flooring contractor, marble & granite

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for sharing your experience. We always appreciate feedback as quality and fair service is our utmost goal and we recognize that that there is always room to improve. We are sorry that we could not come to a satisfactory agreement that would allow us to assist you with your home improvement project. We wish you the best in your endeavors; if there are ever any questions we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to contact us.

09/05/2017

Dawn M.

Wonderful service! Repair men arrived earlier than expected and did a fantastic job. Since I was a work when they completed the job, they called me to let me know and sent me a text photo of the repaired section of the floor. Couldn't be happier with choosing to use Mercer Floors :)

Description of Work
Replaced a small section of our hardwood floor that was warped & damaged by water exposure.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to share your experience! We're thrilled that you are happy with the work and service provided. If there are ever any questions that we can assist with, please don't hesitate to ask! Have a lovely day.

06/23/2017

Brian R.

They did a good job and my mother is happy with the final product

Description of Work
install new flooring in my mother's kitchen

Category carpet installation

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to share your experience! We're thrilled that you and your mother are so happy with the new kitchen floor! Please let us know if there is ever anything we can help you with!

05/07/2016

JANET D.

What a stress free experience! The sales woman and store manager were very helpful and flexible! I was worried that I wouldn't be able to replace the old, worn, and stained carpeting before moving into the house, but they were able to work my job into their schedules and deliveries! The sales woman was very patient and accommodating! She has a good eye for color coordination and was very good about keeping me informed of the status of my work order. She also called after the installation was finished to find out how everything went and if I was pleased with the results! The installers themselves actually arrived ahead of schedule and were very courteous, respectful, and efficient! They were very neat, cleaning up as they went along and afterwards, and did a nice job! This was such a pleasant experience from product selection to installation! The people were great to work with! Will definitely recommend them to my family and friends and use again in the future! Thanks!

Description of Work
Helped to select carpet colors and type of carpeting for large master bedroom and second guest room; removed old carpeting and padding and installed new ones.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you so much for your kind review! If there are ever any questions we can help with at any point, please let us know!

10/22/2014

Raymond N.

Carpet was installed in our great room. After the installers left, we vacuumed. The carpet immediately pulled up at the seam. I called immediately and they returned. They had to stretch the carpet to repair. We continued having issues at the seam and at places around the walls. They returned 3 times and took pictures. The third time there was a terrible pull (not at the seam) and I was told that it was not covered under warranty. They said they would check for someone who could repair it, but I never heard back from them. I feel I was sold inferior carpeting and then found out that the warranty didn't cover any of my problems. The person who sold the carpet I feel was not knowledgeable about the carpet and the needs we had. It was a complete waste of money.

Description of Work
install carpet

07/09/2014

Alice G.

Although Angie's List has Westminster as the office, the number that shows is for Mercer out of Ellicott City (Westminster doesn't refinish hardwoods). I think I contacted Mercer on a Saturday and Bill was able to come for the estimate on a Thursday. Bill is the man you will want to deal with. He is polite and friendly. He really made us feel like a priority. We were so fortunate to get scheduled for refinishing July 1-3. This gave us the ability to move into our new home faster. The day before the job we found some bad boards under the carpet we ripped up. I called Bill and he was able to find replacement boards in time for the job. Junior, the floor laborer, was able to pick them up. He and another man did the floors. They arrived on time and finished on time. We are VERY pleased with the outcome! We LOVE our new floors! Thank you very much Bill, Junior, and nameless laborer (sorry I didn't get your name)!

Description of Work
Hardwood flooring refinished.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Thank you for your feedback, [member name removed]. We greatly appreciate it. The phone number has been fixed and I am sorry for the confusion, but we do offer hardwood refinishing through both locations. I dove into our records to discover the Account Manager that you spoke with and made sure that he knew that it is a service we offer. We are glad that your experience was such a good one and that Bill was able to get you those replacement boards so quickly! Please let us know if there is ever anything we can help you with!

07/08/2014

GAIL R.

Got estimates from three locations and all of the prices were about the same. What did make us choose Mercer Carpet was the professional way we were treated. All questions were answered and we felt confident that things would go as planned. We love our new kitchen floor and in the future we will use them for other flooring needs. Thanks Mercer and we will see you the next time.

Description of Work
Installed tile in kitchen.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, home remodeling

06/30/2014

Phyllis D.

This is a partial email I sent to Dwayne today who responded very quickly with an apology for being too busy, short staffed, and it was his fault. "Dwayne, if there is business or personal problem standing in the way of your communicating with us, please let us know. If there is not and it merely a customer service issue, we feel compelled to write and let you know how disappointed we are with Mercer Floor and Home and the way our project request was virtually ignored for almost a month. We were okay with never receiving a call back at the outset, and so stopped in to talk to you instead. We were also okay with your visit and wonderful suggestions. We were not okay with having to call over a week later to learn the estimate. We were not okay when you didn?t send a picture of the flooring as you had promised, we were also not okay with the price. After we discussed the cost, you committed to ?crunch the numbers? and see what you could do. Another week+ has gone by, no phone call, my text message to you has been ignored, and we firmly feel that Mercer is not at all interested in our business. This is a very sad state when the first place we came to for flooring was a local business who had supplied carpet installation and flooring for my family since the 1970s. I am very disappointed with the lack of customer service and we will be going elsewhere for any and all future carpet and flooring needs."

Description of Work
Regrettably, nothing other than coming to the home for requirements. This provider made me question a loyalty to a home-town provider my family and I have used since the 1970s.

Category flooring contractor

Dear Customer, First of all, we'd like to thank you for your honest feedback- without feedback from our customers (both positive and negative) we would not be able to see where we need to improve and continue to grow as a business. We sincerely apologize for dropping the ball in this situation, please understand that your frustration is not lost on us and that your business is very valuable to us. We would not be celebrating our 55th anniversary of being in business if this situation was the norm, so please understand that something like this falling through the cracks very rarely, if ever, happens. Regardless, it did happen in your case and we will not make any excuses for the lack of communication you experienced. Please accept our most heartfelt apologies and our promise that we will be using this situation and your feedback as a learning experience so it does not happen in the future. We would love a chance to win your business back, so if there's anything at all we can do to make things right please don't hesitate to reach out. Sincerely, Mercer Carpet One Floor & Home

06/17/2014

Tammy H.

We worked with Dwayne who spent MANY hours with us both in the showroom and in our home, helping us make decisions as to our selections. He also spent a lot of time with us custom designing how we did our carpet in the center area of the room, bordered by wood transition pieces and then tile all around the perimeter. The installers were prompt, pleasant and very professional and we absolutely love the result! Dwayne also stopped in during the install and after, to check in and then to see the result. How many sales people do that?!?! We greatly appreciated the personal attention we received. We have used them more recently to replace bedroom carpeting for us and would not think of getting our carpet anywhere else anymore.

Description of Work
Custom tile and carpet work in our family room.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Dear Customer, Thank you so much for your feedback, as well as your business over the last 10+ years! We couldn't be more thrilled that you are enjoying your new floor. Dwayne explained that you were great to work with and he took significant pride in the outcome due to the wonderful design aspects involved in creating a beautiful and unique custom design for your home. It gives us a great feeling when a customer can come in with a vision (dream), either vague or very specific, and we can turn that dream into reality. If you should have any questions about your floor, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at any time. Thanks again, and we can't wait to get started on your next floor, countertop or kitchen or bathroom cabinet project! Sincerely, Mercer Carpet One Floor & Home

06/16/2014

Martin G.

The quality of the carpet selected and the installation, which took two days were both first rate. The installers were knowledgeable, responsive, fast but took care with their work, a delight to work with. The two B ratings are because I could not always obtain satisfactory answers to my questions, especially after installation. The issue that most concerned me was the lack of answer to what should have been an easy question, "May I have the website of the company that made the carpet? I am becoming concerned about any gaseous volatile organic compounds, or VOCs that might have been in the carpet or in the adhesive used to install it. I know James used VOC-free paints in his work. I am just trying to track this interest." I would use Mercer again. But I would make sure all my questions were answered before I paid them.

Description of Work
carpeted entire first and second floors of my townhouse.

06/12/2014

Atsuko O.

I decided to stop by at the Mercer because store has a very good review on Angie. I'm glad I did. The Mercer Westminster store looks bit small from the front but they actually have a pretty big showroom in the back. I was able to see most of the sample materials I was hoping to take a look. The person who helped me was very professional and knew variety of materials and it's pros and cons. I felt very comfortable shopping there. I was also looking for something decent (not the crappy stuff) and I was happy to see that they have variety of mid to high end materials. I made my decision and called a few days layer to order. Although they offered me to check on sqf, I already had that information so I asked them to wright up the estimate based on the info. Estimate process went very smooth and I received the price on my email inbox in a few hrs (I had multiple items so this was very fast). The products were delivered on the date they promised. If you are a home owner and you want something decent and last longer, Mercer is a great place to shop. You will be surprised to find out the variation of projects that they handles. As far as I know, they can do floor installing to complete kitchen remodeling. I will definitely shop there again.

Description of Work
Helped select special hardwood floor and high end ceramic tiles for kitchen, bathroom and foyer.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Dear Customer, Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Angie's List. As you mentioned, reviews like this are the reason we were able to win your business in the first place! It is very important to us that we carry the best looking and top performing products within every price range, and we're happy that you are thrilled with your new Mt. Whitney hand-scraped birch hardwood flooring. We understand that you have your own contractor installing the floor, but if you have any questions or need a second opinion on how this floor should be installed please give us a call any time. Thanks for spreading the word about Mercer, and we look forward to helping you with your next project! Lee

01/07/2014

Patricia K.

It went perfectly as promised and we love our carpet.

Description of Work
Sold and installed carpet in our bedroom.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Dear customer, It was our pleasure to install your new 'Relax, It's Lees' carpet- you picked a lovely color! Thomas very much enjoyed working with you and we are confident that the Lees stain-proof carpet will perform for you for years to come. Our installers are the best in the biz and we always stand behind our work, so if you should have any questions or concerns about your carpet at any time feel free to reach out to us. Sincerely, Jim & Brooke Farrell

12/24/2013

Brenda S.

The sales team was professional and informative. The installers were also professional, and were helpful with moving larger items from room to room. They were very nice and did a great job. There was an error in the measurement of the stair runner which they noticed and had repaired right away. We were very pleased overall and would use them again.

Description of Work
We had Mercer install carpet in 4 bedrooms, hallway and stairs.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Dear Customer, We are so happy you are thrilled with your new carpet! The Alameda Fair is one of our most popular carpet styles, and with good reason- it looks great, performs extremely well and provides great value. Tim had nothing but great things to say about working with you on your project, and if you should ever need a kitchen countertop, backsplash or cabinets please let us know because we do a lot more than floors here at Mercer. Take care, and please stay in touch and let us know how your floor is performing for your family! Sincerely, Jim & Brooke Farrell

10/25/2013

Patricia K.

Mercer in Ellicott City was a pleasure to work with. We initially went to the store to look at tile for our kitchen and carpet for our bedroom. Tom Coker was patient, professional and very helpful in choosing color and quality. In the end, we did not purchase tile; however,after bringing samples home to choose the right color, we did have Tom measure and order the carpet. Due to some outside renovations being done at the same time, we had to ask Mercer to postpone the install and they readily obliged. They arrived to install on the day and at the time promised and their installers were efficient and cleaned up completely when they were finished. I would definitely use Mercer again, and probably will next year for 2 more bedrooms.

Description of Work
Measured, ordered and installed carpet in our master BR & closet.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Dear Customer, We very much appreciate you taking the time to share your Mercer experience. It delights us that you are pleased with your new floor, and it was a pleasure for us to install it for you. We're also glad you were able to experience the service that Thomas provides on a consistent basis for all of his clients- he's one of our best and brightest and he really knows his flooring. It is because of dedicated professionals like Thomas and the extensive training that all of our flooring specialists complete that we are blessed to have been in business for so long. Please feel free to reach out at any time with questions about your floor or any new projects, including stair & rail systems, countertops, backsplashes and cabinets. We'll be happy to provide the same high level of service. Enjoy your new floor! Sincerely, Brooke & Jim Farrell Mercer Carpet One Floor & Home

10/21/2013

Evelyn S.

ourThey installed it on a Sunday.ooring

Description of Work
Installed tile flooring.

10/10/2013

Deborah M.

The work will not be done until 10/25/13

Description of Work
He will install hardwood floors on 10/25/13

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

08/08/2013

Kathleen G.

They were here on time and everything went very well

Description of Work
purchased rugs

08/05/2013

Craig N.

They did a good job, I really don't have any complaints. The sales girl came out to look at it after it was installed and I thought that they did very good with customer service.

Description of Work
I used Mercer Carpet One Floor & Home to put the carpet in.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Dear [member name removed], Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Mercer. You picked a beautiful Innovia carpet for your family room and we trust it will perform well for you for years to come. We greatly appreciate your business and we're glad you were able to experience our extremely high level of service; Katlin is one of our best and she always has the customer's best interest at heart. We also have some of the best installation crews in the business. Dave and his crew worked diligently on your project to: - Carefully move your two-man furniture - Remove and dispose of the existing carpet - Hepa-vacuum before and after the removal of your old carpet - Spray the sub floor with our anti-microbial treatment as part of our Healthier Living Installation - Install your antimicrobial premium carpet cushion - Expertly install your new Innovia carpet - Carefully move your furniture back into the room We were also able to offer you our platinum level warranty which includes a guarantee on installation, soil and stain resistance for the life of the carpet, as well as a 20-year wear and texture retention warranty, 3M's Everguard stain protection plan and our 90-day Beautiful Guarantee. All of this was built into the price of your new floor, and we trust you will appreciate the value we are able to offer for many years down the road. Thanks again for taking the time to write this review and provide feedback about your Mercer experience. If you should have any questions about your floor or any of the other products and services we offer please do not hesitate to reach out. Sincerely, Brooke & Jim Farrell Mercer Carpet One Floor & Home (410) 876-2026

07/01/2013

Beth G.

The sales area has been very good and helped us pick out good quality flooring for our bathrooms. But I'm not so impressed with the install up to this point. It took 2 weeks to get them to give me a scheduled date to start and then the start date was a month from that point, so I wasn't very happy about that. I was told by the sales people that another great reason to use Mercer is because they use their own employees who they have trained themselves to install this flooring. This wasn't true, the company installing my tile are not employees of Mercer Floors. I have had to do my homework on installing this type of flooring and check their work and they are having to come back out on Friday to start the other bathroom. These guys have been cutting corners and I'm just not impressed with them thus far. I'm really on a fence on how to grade them because Mercer told me these were employees of theirs, Sales was great and would give them A/B grades but install has not been good and would give them C/D grades. In follow up to my comment (above), today, 7/3/13, I had my second bathroom floor installed. The install crew was on-time and did a nice job with the floor. There were no corners cut this time, i.e, the floor was pulled up and new sub flooring laid. I'm very pleased with the choice of flooring I have selected and hope it last for years down the road. If I use Mercer again for my large kitchen/powder room/laundry room floor, I will look to get an install date before the purchase is made.

Description of Work
Luxury Vinyl Floor Installation