JIM BOYD'S FLOORING AMERICA

Founded 1970 • With Angi since April 2005

4.4

12 W AYLESBURY RD

Lutherville Timonium, MD 21093

We are excited and eager at Jim Boyd's Flooring America to get to know you and help you with all of your floor covering needs. We offer in-home service and are very experienced in the commercial area. We look forward to meeting you at our Timonium, MD, location. Thank you for your continued business throughout the years. Jim Boyd's Flooring America is more than just a flooring specialty store. We are experts trained in flooring sales and design and will help you find the perfect floor for the way you live. As part of America's leading flooring retail group, our 500-store nationwide buying power guarantees you low prices on thousands of carpet types and other flooring options backed by the most solid warranties in the floor covering industry....

11/28/2017

Kathy C.

I had used Jim Boyd's before for a new kitchen floor. They did such a fabulous job that I didn't even consider another company for the carpeting. My carpet was at least 40 years old throughout the house. Since I have a dog that has dug a hole in the carpet near the front door (whenever anyone comes on the porch), I went onto their website to look for carpeting. I decided I needed pet polyester. Luckily, when I met Bill Gould, the carpet salesman, he gently steered me away from the pet polyester, toward the pet friendly Karastan. The carpet I chose was absolutely gorgeous. It is stain resistant, and guaranteed for life. I also chose the best padding. Since I hope to never have to buy new carpet again, I wanted the best and most durable padding. I was told that I would need to secure all my breakables. However, I did not know that every stick of furniture had to be moved out of every room. The installers who worked on my home were fabulous. The team of John, Nate and Zach worked quickly and efficiently. They even took the beds apart to move them out of the rooms. After 65 years in this house, there is a lot of furniture. They moved it all with the utmost respect and care. They worked together like a well-oiled machine. They worked so quickly that I actually thought they might finish the house in one day, but it did take two as they planned. They cleaned up the dust that was all that remained of my old padding upstairs. I had bought drop cloths to protect my electronics, but they weren't needed. The guys used such great care in ripping out the old carpets that there was very little dust. I can't say enough about how thrilled I was with this entire experience, from the salesman to the installer. I now don't have any more flooring work to be done, but if I did, I would only go to Jim Boyd's.

Description of Work
I needed new carpets throughout the entire house.

06/21/2016

Sharon G.

We had some luxury vinyl put in our basement. It looks beautiful. The installer was very professional and friendly. He answered all of my husbands questions.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We love to hear from satisfied customers. We are so happy that you love your new luxury vinyl floor and that all of your questions were answered. Please contact us if you have any other questions or for your future flooring needs.

05/03/2016

Renee G.

They put down on the floor was not appropriate for the room. Because I do not know about flooring I trusted their judgment.

Description of Work
I used JIM BOYD'S FLOORING AMERICA for flooring; carpet and vinyl.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your flooring purchase. We do our very best to help you make and informed decision and assist you in purchasing a floor that is appropriate for your particular area. We did meet your requests during the installation process to replace the trim around the tub with the same type of trim. We also returned to your home to repair a problem caused by that type of trim not the floor itself. Again we are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction. We appreciate your business.

02/07/2016

Scott C.

Sales process- Big showroom with lots of choice. Very knowledgable sale people. Note that the process is markedly different than the "big box" warehouses. Prepare for a bit of the old fashioned "sales process" here, (vs. the pre-set prices of the big box places). I really wasn't thrilled with this, but final price was reasonable. Lots of choice, competent staff, but a bit of "haggling" required. Installation process- This is where they absolutely excel. Fantastic. One of the best installation crews I have ever had in my house.(& I have had lots of work done over the past few years, many installation crews for different things) Clearly these are full time, dedicated, professional, and efficient employees of the company. It was obvious these are not the "day laborers" that many companies use. (not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that). I was actually lukewarm about the whole experience until the installation took place, then decided it was worth an overall "A".

Description of Work
Installed new carpet in several rooms

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your experience at Jim Boyd's. Our sales staff is professional and very knowledgeable and will do their very best to meet your budget. We are so glad that you were happy with the installation. We have an excellent staff of mechanics that will see to it that your installation goes smoothly. Please contact us for any future flooring needs.

10/21/2015

Paul V.

They did alright. I'm happy with it. They used the quarter-long that was too large but I may have put it on anyway. They showed up when they said they were going to do the work and they did the work. They showed up when they said they were going to.

Description of Work
I used Jim Boyd's Flooring. They installed new flooring. It was a commercial floating floor.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for your review on Angie's List. It is also great to hear that you were happy with your flooring and installation. Our philosophy is based on treated our customers with the utmost consideration. We hope that you will consider Jim Boyd's for your future flooring needs.

10/15/2015

Kelly S.

The price was average. I didn't like how the flooring didn't match on one of the scenes. After they did the installing and they were putting back the furniture, they caused a hole on the floor. It took multiple callbacks from them before I finally got them to fix it. They eventually fixed it but I didn't like how I had to call them multiple times before they got back to me.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you had trouble with your installation. We strive to make your flooring purchase go as smoothly as possible from the time of purchase through the installation process. You should not have had to call repeatedly to get your problems addressed. We are sorry that that happened. We hope that you will consider us for your future flooring needs.

06/13/2015

Kathy C.

I went to Jim Boyd's Flooring America, because the ads with Jim and Larry cracked me up. I stayed because of the quality of the flooring and the responsiveness of my salesman, Harvey Forman. Harvey was so helpful, and very patient as I and my friends looked at every type of flooring. I took home a couple of samples, and finally settled on Mannington Adura tile, which is a resilient tile of 75% limestone and 25% vinyl. It is easy on the legs, and neither it nor objects dropped on it will break. The man who came to measure the kitchen was so very helpful and professional. Chris and Casey (or K.C.?) arrived to do the installation, and they immediately set to work. They moved my kitchen table and a tall cabinet out of the room. They left the refrigerator in the kitchen, and only needed to unplug it and move it for short periods of time. When they realized how much underlayment was involved, they went to Home Depot to buy plastic drop cloths to try and protect my kitchen cabinets from dust. The amount of dust was unbelievable, but they kept the kitchen doors closed to try and minimize the dust to the rest of the house. The first day and part of the second was spent on removing the two layers of vinyl flooring and two layers of underlayment. The second day was spent on laying the new tiles. They did a fabulous job, especially considering that my kitchen has several challenges, such as radiators and a chimney bump-out. The grout line is thin (1/8th inch) which is what I wanted to define the tiles, but not be thick lines. I bought the 12 x 24 tiles, and they were laid offset, so the floor looks very interesting and beautiful. They even moved my 1940's era stove very carefully, and tiled under it to the wall. It had only been sitting on plywood, because none of the other contractors who had laid the previous floors wanted to deal with it. I had paid for four layers of vinyl to be removed, but when Chris and Casey were removing the layers, they said that if I removed all of the layers, the floor would not be level with the living room and dining room. I realized that they were the experts, and was guided by their recommendation. I called the office and spoke to Larry and Harvey, and they are going to reimburse me for the labor charges for removing the other two layers which did not need to be removed. My house was built in 1929, and the kitchen was last remodeled in 1952, so I have all retro appliances and cabinets. This floor has updated the kitchen, but looks just right in the retro kitchen, against the white trim and cabinets, and soft green walls. This was a wonderful experience from start to finish. I can't say enough good things about the quality and service from Jim Boyd's staff. Their selection of flooring materials is extensive and of great quality. I never go to the big box stores when I am renovating, as I don't want contractor-grade materials. I want good quality materials that will last. When I am ready to carpet the hallways and bedrooms, I won't go anywhere else but back to Jim Boyd's.

Description of Work
Removed two layers of kitchen flooring with underlayment with each layer, and laid a new tile floor.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor

Thank you for your review on Angie's List. We are always happy hear that people get a chuckle out of our commercials. It is also great to hear that your purchase went smoothly from the purchase to the installation. Our philosophy is based on treated our customers with the utmost consideration. We are glad that you will consider Jim Boyd's for your future flooring needs.

04/16/2015

Joellen D.

Update, 4/30/15: I was surprised when Mr. Boyd called me personally about the review to ask me what they could do resolve my issues. (I had issues with the carpet quality and installation and follow up service). So, I was going to come to my review to add that while I was not happy with the carpet or the service, I did want to acknowledge that the owner cared enough to contact me. He also offered to give me a carpet cleaning kit, which I have not picked up yet.

Description of Work
I purchased new carpet for my second floor. Not thrilled with quality. I feel it was inferior to what they promised. Had some issues after installation and they were slow to respond.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Thank you for your review on Angie's List. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the quality of your carpet and your installation. Jim Boyd's is a small family owned business and we take pride in treating our customers concerns with the utmost consideration. I am glad we were able to compensate you for your inconvenience. We hope that you will visit Jim Boyd's Flooring America for your future flooring needs.

03/31/2015

Carol S.

Good selection, low pressure to buy. Once purchased, I needed to call to find out installation date and time. Once scheduled, the service was excellent.

Description of Work
Sold and installed carpet in a room in my house

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Thank you for your review. We take pride in having a large showroom with a lot of variety of flooring products. We are happy to hear that your purchase and installation went smoothly. We hope that you will consider us for your future flooring needs.

03/19/2015

Edward E.

They came when scheduled; performed a perfect installation; cleaned up thoroughly; and took about the same amount of time they said they would.

Description of Work
Installed basement w/w carpeting

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Thank you for your review. We love hearing from our satisfied customers and we are pleased that you are happy with your flooring purchase and installation. We strive to give our customers the best possible experience when purchasing flooring from Jim Boyd's. We hope that you will consider us for your future flooring needs.

Elegant Floor Services

Elegant Floor Service has been offering leading, comprehensive wood floor services to residents in Maryland, Virginia, and DC since 1987! Our trusted, in-house contractors carry extensive experience and top-class training, ensuring we can meet all of your home or business flooring needs. From maintenance to total installation, you can count on Elegant Floor Service to provide. Offering many varieties of hardwood, flooring installation, refinishing, and restoration of stone floors.

Offers by Elegant Floor Services on Angi
    MC Floors

MC FLOORS specializes in installing hardwood and glue down floors at your home or business. We are extremely details oriented and professional. The job is never completed until the customer is satisfied with the floor. We offer up to 1 year of warranty!

A Plus Carpet & Flooring

Due to the pandemic we are performing essential business only. Carpet cleaning, sanitizing and Carpet and Flooring sales are considered essential along with water damage restoration and Carpet and Flooring repairs. We are practicing PPE at all times. Our show room is by appointment only, we allow up to four people in our show room at a time. We sanitize after showroom use. A mask is required to enter our facilities. If you do not have one we will provide you with a new three layer FDA approved facility mask. No charge for this service. We also have a sanitizing station. We want to make sure everybody stays safe and well. We have a extensive showroom, We are the master dealer for most large manufacturers. Please see our virtual tour on our web site. We are A top Columbia Md Carpet and Flooring company. We also are certified to perform Water damage restoration, rebuild and we deal directly with your insurance company. We also offer Truck-mounted carpet and upholstery cleaning. In addition, hardwood and carpet repairs, luxury vinyl flooring, repairs and maintenance to floors and carpet or other services that we offer. A happy home is built on a solid foundation. At A Plus Carpet and Flooring, a top tier Columbia Md flooring company, that foundation begins with top grade flooring and quality customer care. Locally owned and operated, we proudly serve the Howard County area as well as surrounding areas, including Columbia, Ellicott City. Annapolis and other areas. Let our team of experts help shape a strong footing for your home or business that hinges on years of knowledge and experience in flooring and carpet installation, maintenance, refinishing and more. See for yourself what sets us a grade above the rest. MHIC license 126325. We accept all major credit cards. Financing is available. We are Certified for carpet cleaning and for water damage restoration.

SALES AND INSTALLATION OF CARPET, VINYL, LAMINATE, HARDWOOD, AND CERAMIC TILE.