Closet America

Founded 2009 • With Angi since March 2010

Closet America is a privately owned and locally operated manufacturer and installer of custom home organization systems for closets, home offices, pantries, media centers, and garages. By raising the standards for quality and customer service, Closet America has steadily grown into one of the premier names in the professional organizing systems industry. We have been consistently awarded the prestigious GuildMaster Award for exceptional customer service and satisfaction....

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+47 more images

closet design (810)professional organizers (119)cabinet makers (48)woodworking (63)general contractors (14)interior painting (1)furniture refinishing (1)

07/15/2022

Nicole D.

I love my custom closet! The free consult was seamless and we can up with exactly what I wanted. The installation was quick and done professionally. The hardest thing was waiting for my installation date to get here. It was worth the wait.

Description of Work
Custom Closet

Category custom cabinets, closet systems, custom furniture

Work Completed On 07/13/2022

Review for Closet America - 1775 Brightseat Road, Landover, MD - 39801816

04/30/2022

Barbara H.

It was perfect at every point. It did take a couple of months to finalize but more than well worth the wait for installation. Closet America had an incredible employee, Bill Brown, come to take out and discard the original hardware, fill in the holes and paint both closets. His workmanship is impeccable! Then Sean and his helper did a masterful installation the next day. My only regret - I wish I had had it done years ago!

Description of Work
2 master bedroom closets, designed, built, installed

Category custom cabinets

Work Completed On 04/30/2022

Thank you for sharing your experience, [Member Name Removed]!

03/27/2022

Ricardo W.

The installer came on-time and finished on-time. He made it look very straight forward and installed exactly what was discussed. Would use again.

Description of Work
Installed shelves and clothes hangers in walk in closet

Work Completed On 03/07/2022

Thank you for the review!

12/06/2021

Miriam C.

Closet America staff called me the same day I requested a quote and it was easy to schedule the in-home consultation. The designer arrived on-time and was courteous, professional, and knowledgeable of the product and options. She took the time to address my design requirements and questions. The installation staff was efficient, kept the work area clean, and made sure I understood the product.

Description of Work
Shelves installed in a laundry room.

Category home & garage organization

Work Completed On 12/03/2021

Thank you for the review!

12/13/2020

Zelda C.

The Closet America team -from start to finish- provided professional quality service. The products were installed efficiently and the sales team was patient and knowledgeable. Best decision I made to work with Closet America to upgrade my closet design and functionality.

Description of Work
Master Bedroom Closet

Category custom cabinets, closet systems

Work Completed On 08/20/2020

Thank you for sharing your experience!

09/27/2020

Erika S.

This was my second time working with Closet America (CA). They first installed 2 closets in a new bedroom addition. CA staff was easy to work with, did a fantastic job and created a beautiful final product. This made it easy to decide to go with CA again for a built in Murphy Wall Bed. I had high expectations from my previous experience and was surprised when there were some issues that came up during the installation. I was dissatisfied with the final product, it wasn’t the original design. When I expressed my frustration, CA staff was immediately responsive. We discussed what happened and what could be done to fix the issues. They committed to fixing the issues and clearly communicated the next steps. Then the COVID-19 pandemic hit. Many months went by before we could schedule anyone to come back and work in-home to re-do the wall bed. Jeff at CA kept in touch with me and checked in until we were able to schedule. Jeff was great to work with. I believe he and CA engineers went above and beyond all expectations to ensure I was more than satisfied, that I was happy with the final product, which I am 100%. It looks great. We’ve now had guests stay and use the wall bed; they love the look and the comfort/bed support plus the additional feature of a drawer shelf that doubles as a tabletop. I continue to be impressed with CA. I would easily choose to work with them again and I highly recommend to others to use CA. This is a company you can trust. It is rare something doesn’t turn out the way you want, but if it does, this company works extremely hard to make it right.

Description of Work
Murphy Wall Bed

Category custom furniture

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

Review for Closet America - 1775 Brightseat Road, Landover, MD - 38906144

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Issues will come up but we'll do everything to ensure you're completely satisfied with both our product and service. Thank you for coming back to Closet America for another system - we truly appreciate it!

06/13/2020

William M.

I purchased 3 reach-in, custom closets. I also purchased the Tear-out, Patch and Paint service, which is the part I am unhappy about. The salesperson who came to my home spent about 90 minutes inspecting, measuring, and snapping photos of the existing closets. The ceilings in two of the closets clearly needed to be painted. However, the salesperson apparently didn't think it was important to point out that painting of closet ceilings is not included in the "Paint" part of the Tear-out, Patch and Paint service. I freely admit that I did not read every word of the contract. On the day of the Tear-out, Patch and Paint service, I was informed by the workers that they would not paint the ceilings. One of the ceilings desperately needed to be painted. I called Closet America and was told that only the walls would be painted. No baseboards or ceilings. I admitted that I had not read every word of the contract, but the salesperson also didn't tell me this at the purchase time, which I firmly believe should have happened. I pleaded with them to make an exception, but they said it was company policy and that the tear-out guys rarely have enough paint to do anything but the walls. In my case, there was almost an entire gallon of paint left over. Since installation was scheduled for the following day, I had to hire someone to come over to paint the closet ceilings. The Tear-out, Patch and Paint service cost was $366 for the master closet and $261 for each of the hall closets. For that amount of money, it is absolutely ridiculous for this company not to paint the entire interior of the closets. Company policies should be in place for guidance. They should not be absolute. Exceptions to policies can always be made to ensure you satisfy the customer. My opinion of Closet America is that they care only about their policies and getting paid. Customer service is where they absolutely fall short.

Description of Work
Three reach-in closets

Category contractors, closet systems, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/26/2020

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it. Our Tear Out Patch & Paint program is designed to provide services around tearing out existing systems which are typically mounted to your walls, not the ceiling or baseboard. This was a misstep, though, with our Designer not discussing the program in great detail so that you would be completely aware of the areas we'll complete work on. If you'd like to discuss further, please reach out to me at tbrooks@closetamerica.com.

03/23/2020

Kyle S.

Closet American are the consummate professionals. The design consultant was exceptional and really aimed at making sure I was happy. The installers are local and were incredible.

Description of Work
Rebuild Closet

Work Completed On 03/22/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed], for sharing your experience!

03/02/2020

Megan N.

Closet America helped us turn our master bedroom walk in closet from an empty room of chaos into a place with shelves & clothing racks that really make organization possible. We have a lot of clothes, shoes, accessories, etc & this closet system is exactly what we needed! Ken was the salesman that came out to our home, he was friendly, personable, and very professional. He was willing to work toward our budget & did not pressure us or make us feel rushed to make a decision at all. The installation was done all in one day & it looks beautiful. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a simple, hands off experience that ends with an amazing result. I will definitely be using Closet America again in any future home that I have!!

Description of Work
Closet Installation

Work Completed On 02/20/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for the glowing review. The Closet America team aims to make the process as simple and straightforward as possible. We hope to help you again in the future! Thank you, Briana

12/29/2019

Arthur D.

Closet America staff responded to our request for a quote in a very timely manner and it was very easy to schedule the initial in-home consultation. This gave us a very positive initial impression. The company Rep/Designer was polite, friendly and exceptionally knowledgable of a variety of options for our closet, making maximum use of our limited space. All questions and concerns were addressed to our complete satisfaction. Installation was accomplished in an equally organized and professional manner. Cleanup was exceptional. Closet America personnel are topnotch, their work is outstanding and the quality of the materials is first-class. CA also happily conducted a followup call to re-install a valet bar that we had placed in an inappropriate location. This is a fine company that delivers an excellent product. Give them an opportunity in your home and you will not be disappointed. Mr & Mrs. D., Bethesda, MD.

Description of Work
Organization for a bedroom walkin closet

Work Completed On 09/12/2019

11/19/2019

Elisabeth F.

We just had our master closet done by Closet America. It was a very smooth process from beginning to end. We are very happy with our new closet!

Description of Work
master closet

Work Completed On 11/19/2019

11/04/2019

Leslie N.

I didn't hire them. They came out to give me an estimate, but never actually gave me an estimate. The asked that I have 1.5 hours free for this estimate. I told them the time was available, but really wasn't sure why they needed so long to come up with an estimate. Turns out they have this long powerpoint presentation they want to go through with you to sell you their products. And the rep actually told me it would take closer to 2 hours to give me this presentation. I don't have all this time to waste. I had a few different companies come out to give an estimate and didn't need a long presentation from them. I did push the rep past a lot of the presentation, because I just didn't want to sit and listen to it. They do use the same materials almost all of these closet companies use, despite what they try to tell you in this lengthy powerpoint presentation. They are more expensive that most. I finally was able to just ask him what his estimate was, and he gave me a guesstimate, which I said was one of the more expensive estimates I've received, but I told him to email it to me, and he never did. So I went with someone else.

Description of Work
Put a new closet in the master bedroom

Work Completed On 11/04/2019

10/24/2019

Laura H.

Very professional organization. Design was exactly what I had in mind. Showed up when they said they would. Efficient installation. Great price.

Description of Work
Shelving for a walk in closet

Work Completed On 10/24/2019

10/20/2019

Lauren B.

We had a wonderful experience with Closet America. The sales person was very helpful in understanding our vision and preparing a design that met our needs. The company worked with us seamlessly from the point of contract to delivery. The workers who came to our house did a fantastic job with ensuring the project was completed on time. They also kept everything very clean while working and afterwards. We are very happy with the quality of the end product. We would definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
Walk-in Closet Organization & Garage Wall Organization System

Work Completed On 10/20/2019

Review for Closet America - 1775 Brightseat Road, Landover, MD - 38183240

08/02/2019

Jayne T.

The installation was fine, the cost now that I see the product is exorbitant.

Description of Work
CLOSET ORGANIZERS

Work Completed On 08/02/2019

05/01/2019

June H.

From the initial (design) meeting with Christine to the final installation performed by John and Evan, the process went very smoothly. Christine was professional, prompt and courteous. Both closets were measured in detail and she was able to show an online design before leaving us price quotes. Made good suggestions and was honest if certain ideas would/would not work. There was no sales pressure whatsoever. While we were making our decision, Christine promptly responded to several questions we had (during our comparison with another company we contacted), again no pressure. Once we made our decision, scheduling was easy (Michael/Latesha) and they worked within our timeline. We were contacted the night before to confirm arrival time. During installation, John and Evan contacted us to let us know they were on their way (so we could secure our pets) and promptly arrived when then said they would. They laid out all materials on a covered surface to protect our new flooring and completed both closets within 3 hours. Once complete, everything was explained in detail and they moved some shelving/rods around to accommodate our preferences. They were courteous and professional and the work area was thoroughly cleaned before they left. Our primary reason for selecting ClosetAmerica is because they are not a franchise and because of the warranty offered on their products and services. Would definitely consider them for future organization systems. They do more than just closets.

Description of Work
Installed two walk in closets in new addition

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

Review for Closet America - 1775 Brightseat Road, Landover, MD - 37850682

Thank you for sharing your experience! Glad our team was able to provide you with 5-star service!

03/16/2019

Karen G.

Thank you, Closet America, for your friendly customer service and fantastic product! Each employee I spoke to was very knowledgeable and helpful – from the showroom to the finished product – it was a pleasure working with each and every employee! I am extremely happy with my Closet America experience and recommend them to all my friends and family!

Description of Work
Closet Organizer

Work Completed On 03/14/2019

Thank you, [Member Name Removed], for sharing your experience! We love taking care of our clients!

06/20/2018

christine S.

Exactly what I wanted. Very professional and timely.

Description of Work
Master walk-in closet and two stand in closets remodled

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

Thank you for choosing Closet America for your project, we appreciate your business.

05/02/2018

Kevin M.

From beginning to end it was a smooth process. The designer arrived on time, she measured and showed us a design on the spot. She gave a price, with a discount and applied absolutely no pressure to pull the trigger immediately. She encouraged us to get other quotes as a matter of fact. Though the other quotes were less money the difference in quality of materials was noticeable, as was the warranty. The final product is perfect. Better than I imagined. I couldn't have asked for more. In this case I feel I got more because I paid more. It was a good value though.

Description of Work
Master Closet Buildout

Work Completed On 02/15/2018

Thank you for choosing Closet America! Our entire team works hard to provide nothing less than an exceptional experience from start to finish. Thank you for being a valued customer of Closet America, we appreciate your business.

04/18/2018

David L.

What a great experience from beginning to end! The designer came up with an excellent design, and today our installer was here bright an early to install our master bedroom walk in closet system. To see it in place now is even better than what we expected! We are so glad we went with Closet America.........I am almost positive we will be having the pantry and another closet done in the near future. I cannot say enough about the customer service, and follow through every step of the project! We have a great product at a great price......with a lifetime guarantee!

Description of Work
We wanted to replace the builder grade wire closet in the master bedroom close.t

Work Completed On 04/18/2018

03/21/2018

Elizabeth A.

We had three small closets turned into functional and organized spaces. Everyone from our initial design consultant to the installation team were a pleasure to work with. Closet America had great customer service from start to finish.

Description of Work
Closet Organization systems

Work Completed On 02/19/2018

02/22/2018

Isis and Douglas F.

We had an appointment that initially went well overall. Measurements were taken and we liked the design. Upon meeting with other companies and getting other quotes we asked questions of our about price matching. The response we received was extremely condescending and presumptuous about the "best" not necessarily being for everyone, and stating that we sometimes sacrifice quality for value.

Description of Work
Two Custom Walk-in Closets

Work Completed On 02/22/2018

Thank you for your feedback. Our daily mission is to deliver a world class experience with each and every client interaction, and we regret to hear that we fell short of those expectations. Josh Kiernan from our management team will be contacting you directly to address your concerns. Thank you again for sharing this feedback, and Josh Kiernan from our management team will be in contact with you.

02/21/2018

Rori K.

Very well - looked alot better than I thought it would from the sketches. Whole company was very responsive through the whole process. A little pricey, but has made my basement alot more organized and thus feels bigger!