Bob Nichols Paving

Founded 2005 • With Angi since October 2008

4.3

5633 South Mayer Drive

Frederick, MD 21704

Bob Nichols Paving has been licensed to serve the state of MARYLAND since 2001. The owner, Bob Nichols , was raised in the asphalt business by his father Robert Nichols, a Southern Maryland paver from the 1960's until his retirement in the late 1980's. Today, with a combination of state of the art technology, a lifetime of experience, and good old-fashioned pride, Bob Nichols Paving is able to provide its customers with only the highest quality of paving work and especially workmanship. While Bob Nichols Paving is proud to offer our customers the protection they deserve, many contractors choose not to offer it. Did you know that if your contractor does not have Workman's Compensation Insurance that you could be responsible if someone were to be injured on your property?...

07/23/2022

Norm E.

When i was planning and budgeting, I had several contractors come to my house and quote me prices and explain the job and most of them just complained how hard the job was and jacked the price up because of it. When I had Bob come out for a quote, he seemed happy to do it and when i tried to explain some nuances in the job he just smiled and said don't worry about it, it ain't nothing we can't do. Bob and his team were outstanding from start to finish! They planned and marked out the area that i wanted a road and did an excellent job, everything that I wanted and more. Very well paved road and their attention to detail on the retainer wall was professional. I went out to watch all their machines working and all Bob Nichols employees were extremely friendly and more importantly they were not cutting corners. They did the job right! I would trust this guy and his team with any road i put in the DMV area. No team can compare. On a side note, i asked them to take out a stump and grade some land in my back house and they did that without any extra charge. This company is on fire! I hope i get to use them again sometime soon!

Description of Work
Asphalt driveway and retainer wall

06/03/2022

Graeme W.

Absolutely awesome. Fast turnaround, excellent comms, quality product. Bob for President!

Description of Work
Driveway expansion

Category concrete repair, driveway pavers

05/31/2022

Catherine H.

We were very happy with Bob's work. We received a contract within an hour of him looking at the job & appreciated his very straight forward approach. There were no surprises, no hidden costs. He and his crew were very professional, competent, efficient, polite & cleaned up after themselves both on our property and our street. They did an excellent job.

Description of Work
2 Driveways

10/11/2021

Michael C.

Bob and his crew did a great job re-paving my driveway. I can not believe the difference. The work was done quickly and the new driveway looks great. My neighbor was so impressed that he contracted Bob to his driveway the same day. I would recommend Bob Nichols Paving to anyone. Also, we received several bids for the project. Bob was by far the most reasonable.

Description of Work
Great Job!

08/10/2019

Susan W.

I live in a house in a residential neighborhood. I had an old driveway that had holes and cracks in it originally. They initially told me that they had a large parking lot job in the neighborhood and that they could do my driveway for a cut in cost since they had to bring the equipment to my area any way. Initially they arrived on time and were very courteous while doing the job but they did a very poor job. The downspout was taken down to do the driveway and they never put it up properly as it was literally hanging on the side of the house. Had to pay a handy man to put it up properly. When they were done I could not open the shed doors because the asphalt was too high and blocked the doors from opening. I called them to fix this and they came a couple months later and just cut a deep chunk of asphalt by the doors that looks very unprofessional. They did not grade the paving correctly as I have water that accumulates at my garage doors when it rains and seeps under the doors to form a puddle in my garage. I have had to buy several things to try to lessen the water from accumulating and coming under the garage door. They did not pull up the entire driveway at the bottom where it meets the street. It was August and pretty hot out. I offered the workmen water. I also did not receive a receipt when I asked for it for the job but I have the contract the owner signed and a copy of the cashed check for the job. The contract says that they will pave the driveway so that drainage is done correctly but it was not done as water accumulates as described above. I have asked for a receipt several times for when I sell the house but they will not give me one. Very unhappy with this contractor. The contractor agreed to fix my driveway in an email sent to me after I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They made an appt. to come to my house to see how to fix it and never showed up. It has been several weeks and I have not heard from the contractor since then.

Description of Work
I had the driveway repaved

06/01/2019

Peter P.

Bob and his crew were efficient and precise, would highly recommend to anyone I am in Sykesville Md. they came out tues after Memorial Day and delivered best looking driveway on the block

Description of Work
Driveway demo and new I stallation

05/26/2017

Vickie M.

They were wonderful in everything. They even came out in the rain and finished it. I thought it was a fair price. I didn?t get any other estimates done. I thought that was good. The quality is excellent. I would recommend them to anyone that I knew that needed paving.

Description of Work
I had a pothole at the end of my driveway. They fixed that, repaved it and then seal-coated my whole driveway.

11/02/2016

Consetta A.

Wonderful timely service. Arrived promptly and worked the entire time on site. Very professional and friendly. Applied for all permits. Also followed up later to check how the experience was and out thoughts on the project. We LOVE IT.

Description of Work
Install and grade new driveway

06/12/2016

Lesley E.

I tried calling the office phone number and no one answered, so I called the owner (Bob) on his cell phone like the voicemail suggested. Bob answered and I introduced myself and explained that I would like to receive an estimate for some paver/patio/driveway work at my house. He then accused me of being a telemarketer and to never call him again. I tried to re-explain I was a potential customer and wanted to receive an estimate. He hung up on me. I decided to call the office line and leave a voicemail explaining that I was truly interested in working with his company and asked that he give me a call. He never did. That's my Bob Nichols Paving experience....

Description of Work
No work was performed.

01/22/2016

Mitchell T.

It was not so helpful. He said he couldn't really help us because the size of the driveway just wasn't feasible for him to do something that small. He agreed to refund the purchase price. He was alright on his responsiveness. I have no complaint there. I would tell friends to be very specific about what they want done and the amount of it.

Description of Work
I purchased a "Big Deal" for Bob Nichols Paving. He did it by aerial.

Category concrete repair

05/01/2015

J K.

Description of Work
The estimate of work was done by measuring the amount of paving square feet. The estimate came in over twice what I had already paid, so I said no. He was nice and friendly and said to get a refund from you.

10/08/2014

Joseph R M.

Description of Work
Paved driveway

08/18/2014

Eugene K.

There was a bit of a misunderstanding in the beginning; but we were able to work it out. Ultimately - a satisfactory experience.

Description of Work
Patched a hole in asphalt driveway.

10/08/2008

Heather P.

After initially signing the contract, there were a few weather delays before starting but they were generally prompt and Bob Nichols is very responsive. The work was adequate. They did what the contract called for, but they paved over a manhole in our driveway and I had to call them back to find it (turned out this was not difficult to fix, but how did they miss it?!) and the finished driveway has a few low spots and roller marks. I hate to say that I wouldn't use them again, but this is an area with a lot of competition and I'd probably try someone else next time.

Description of Work
Resurface existing driveway and add about 300 sq. ft. parking pad extension to it. Total area of job was about 1500 sq. ft.

Black Rock Stone Company

We are a local small family owned business. We offer high quality, personal and unique services. Since 1988, Roger Cooley's passion and details for his craftsmanship has built countless creations for his customers. Roger is very hands on and will see every project from beginning to end. Black Rock Stone Company offers Historic Restoration, Walks, Patios, Retaining walls, Fire Pits, Water falls, Columns, House fronts, Wood Ties, French drains, Grading, Hauling, Bob cat work, and Light Excavation landscapes. We offer free estimates and do New and Repair work no job is too small or too big.

MCP Chimney & Masonry Inc

MCP Chimney & Masonry Services Inc. is the premier chimney and fireplace service provider in the greater Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area and the sole source provider of building, installation and repair services for numerous builders, property managers and several leading area fireplace and woodstove retailers. We are currently in our 16th year of operation and we are very proud of our company and take great pride in our professional standards and quality of work. We have earned a solid reputation in the community for being a quality service provider proven by our roster of over 20,000 satisfied customers. MCP employs teams of knowledgeable certified technicians and has implemented a service deployment plan incorporating an experienced management staff along with an enterprise software solution to deliver a cost-effective way to design, renovate or repair your fireplace, woodstove or chimney while delivering high quality service.

Diversified Contractors LLC

Customer satisfaction comes first, which is why the owner is present throughout most of the construction and installation. We love what we do and we put that care into each project. We have hundreds of satisfied customers in MD, DC and Northern Virginia who will be more than happy to provide references. From simple and humble patios to vast and spacious landscapes, we always bring sophistication. Great or small, every endeavor is an honor to us and your exquisite taste is our passion.

Asphalt, Concrete, & Brick Pavers, Driveways, Pathways, Roads, Sidewalks, Walkways, Patios, Retaining Walls, Tennis & Basket Ball Courts, & Parking Lots.