Energy Monster

Founded 2011 • With Angi since November 2011

125 Blackstone River Rd

Worcester, MA 01607

Energy Monster is your local green expert when it comes to improving your home's energy efficiency and comfort. We help homeowners and general contractors by offering leading edge building performance solutions that save energy, lower utility bills and lead to a more comfortable home and energy efficient building. We have over 15 years experience and are BPI Certified. We provide services such as: Home Energy Assessments, Insulation, Duct and Air Sealing, HVAC, and SOLAR! We are your Central Massachusetts MassSave Partner! Rebates for Ngrid, Eversource, Unitil, Columbia Gas! Call us today!!...

06/19/2021

Elizabeth B.

We had previously worked with Energy Monster on a Mass Save audit and then adding insulation to our house. This time, we had the guys from Energy Monster back again to perform an electrical upgrade on our house (100 to 200 amps) and then install five ductless mini-splits for more efficient heating/cooling than our ancient terrible radiators. Despite dealing with a lot of obstacles -- a heat delay due to several 90 degree days and then tons of rain that prevented them from doing the outside work on the days they wanted -- the whole team was professional and efficient and made the most of the time when the weather finally cooperated! (Plus, my dog loved the whole crew and the loved him back.) It has been such a pleasure to work with Energy Monster as we turn our house into the energy efficient home of our dreams. Thank you!! We can't wait for Energy Monster to come back later this summer to install solar panels next!

Description of Work
Electrical upgrade to 200 amps + installation of 5 ductless mini-splits!

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac

04/26/2021

Elizabeth B.

Love the whole team at Energy Monster! Jim did a very thorough Mass Save Audit for us and helped us figure out why our house was so cold in the winter (zero insulation in our 1870s walls!) and helped us set up having Pat and his insulation crew come out to make things right. Everyone was professional, efficient, and kind. The insulation crew finished in half the time I thought they needed, wrapping up early each day and cleaning everything up so there was almost no evidence they had been there! And our house feels warmer and quieter already -- amazing! Also a special thank you to Tawny and Courtney at the office -- they very quickly resent the knob & tube form that my electrician needed to sign when I couldn't find the original PDF in my email. They were professional and helpful when I was panicking. Thank you! I really love working with this company, and I look forward to having them come back to install mini-splits and solar panels! Thanks, Energy Monster.

Description of Work
Insulation installed in the walls and attic!

Category insulation,energy audit

12/31/2018

Heiko M.

I evaluated quotes from three PV companies before I placed an order for a 24-panel system. Here are three reasons why I went with Energy Monster: The publicly traded company that I favored first wanted me to sign away my consumer rights, (1) with no such provisions in Energy Monster's contract, (2) a good price and (3) Dan G., the very knowledgeable and dedicated sales manager / project manager / system engineer as the main contact, I felt safe placing my order with Energy Monster. During installation a few obstacles had to be overcome, all of which were related to the town's permitting process and required licenses. All that got resolved without incident eventually. The installation crew – Chris B. (Master Electrician) and Brandon T. – did an outstanding job installing the solar system. It passed all inspections with flying colors. There were no start-up problems. In summary: Energy Monster's pricing was good and they selected first tier 1 solar panels and inverters. Work dedication, workmanship, project management and technical expertise were outstanding. I like that no electric cables are visible. Energy Monster used a roof penetrating feedthrough, which is located underneath the panels. It was tested thoroughly during the torrential rainstorms in the months following the installation. Not a single drop of water was leaking through. Since August 1, 2018 my PV system produces energy. During the 5 months till the end of the year, I harvested 2,936 kWh. I live in Milford, NH. I have 24 LG 320Watt NeON2 panels with Enphase micro inverters. I am very happy with the solar system.

Description of Work
Installation of Solar System

Category solar panels

07/23/2018

Rebecca A.

The owner will do NOTHING to fix our non working air conditioner. As soon as the temp goes over 90 degrees—it stops working. When my husband was trying to have a conversation with the owner today, he hung up on him. Unbelievable!! Boy, did we get screwed! We paid this company almost $20,000 less than a year ago to install a new system. Your customers need to beware of Energy Monster being absolute CROOKS and DO NOT USE this company! Now we have to use a portable aircondtioner in our bedroom to stay barely cool when temp rises over 90.

Description of Work
Repair a non working air conditioner they installed less than a year ago

03/06/2018

Daniel S.

Went very well - very thorough, responsive, explained everything

Description of Work
Energy audit

Category energy audit

02/01/2018

BRIAN R.

The job went smoothly and everyone we dealt with was professional and courteous.

Description of Work
We had Energy Monster out to install some ductless mini-splits.

02/01/2018

James H.

Everything went smoothly. Sales guy helped me with rebates. The techs were very nice and really knew what they doing.

Description of Work
I had Mitsubishi Mini Splits installed.

Susan K.

Energy audit went great. A man named nick came out and was very knowledgeable. Decided to go further and get insulation with energy monster. So far an overall great experience with this company

Description of Work
Energy audit

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac,insulation,solar panels,energy audit

We are so glad to hear this! Did you know if you refer a friend to Energy Monster we will send you a $25 visa gift card?!

cody H.

The auditor that came out made the whole process so easy and understandable. He changed my light bulbs and a few other little things but i have already seen a huge difference on my electric bill just from the lighting. I learned a lot about my house and how it works as a system so that was cool too! I had insulation work done a few weeks after my audit and it has made my home and bills so much more comfortable and affordable. THE BEST PART IS I PAID A FRACTION OF WHAT THE JOB ACTUALLY COST for the insulation and NOTHING for the lights. I can't believe i didn't do this sooner. If you are looking for a professional, Courteous, and Reliable contractor then look no further!

Description of Work
Energy efficient measures, Insulation

Category electrician,insulation,energy audit

Thank you so much for your review! If you refer a friend to Energy Monster we will send you a 25$ Visa gift card!!

Kate L.

My experience was wonderful. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and after a thorough assessment, they were able to insulate my attic as well as create a dome over my attic entrance for the drafts. It has made all the difference! On top of that, they were able to recommend several other options and items that are covered through the Mass Save program to improve my energy savings. They will assist in any way they can and make sure you understand what's happening every step of the way.

Description of Work
My apartment was very cold in the winter due to a drafty and poorly insulated attic. i have electric heat, so my bills were through the roof.

Category insulation,energy audit