PRECISION DOOR & WINDOW INC

Massachusetts: Home Improvement
05/10/2024

466 SUMNER ST

Stoughton, MA 02072

Welcome to Precision Door & Window Inc., where you receive top-quality service, products, and selection. At Precision Door & Window Inc., we believe that quality products and services encourage long-lasting business relationships. We have been serving the public since 1961. Precision Door & Window Inc. is pround to offer products that are Energy Star Rated. EMAIL SALES@PRECISIONDOORANDWINDOW.COM...

window replacement (45)door installation (13)siding companies (6)roofing (3)garage doors (3)decks & porches (2)gutter repair (1)awnings (4)screen repair (3)

04/23/2022

Brian G.

The door was installed. During the installation, the contractors broke the drywall around the frame and left it as is. In addition, the strike plate was off so the door wouldnt lock efficiently. It all seemed sloppy and rushed. They did come back and adjust the plate but claimed the holes in the drywall are just part of the door replacement and they would not address. They pointed me to the contract section that references wall paint may be scuffed during installation. I can expect that but I don't see how a respectable contractor walks away from a job leaving holes in the drywall due to their installation. Very sloppy.

Description of Work
Replace front door of condo

Category awnings,doors

Work Completed On 04/23/2022

08/05/2020

Joanne K.

This company is truly amazing from start to finish! Efficient affordable and so easy to work with. Tony came out, looked at the job, wrote the estimate and explained everything about the product and installation. Within a few weeks they called to schedule the work which was completed beautifully in four hours. This was the easiest transaction and great work! Best company, will recommend highly and use again!

Description of Work
Replace basement hopper windows

Category awnings,replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/05/2020

Thank you so much for the kind words. We greatly appreciate it! If you need anything else please feel free to reach out. Regards, Anthony

05/14/2020

Susan W.

I am very pleased with the quality of the work. Repairs were made in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Repair storm door

Category awnings,doors

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

01/06/2020

Jillian R.

We called up a few companies trying to get quotes on doing a full remodel of our home. Precision was one of those companies and we were able to speak with Anthony. He took our information and handed it over to Tony, the companie's estimator and owner. He came out to our home within the next 2 days and measured everything. About a week after that, we got our estimate which was not the cheapest, but was not the most expensive either. We decided to go with them because they were the most responsive, was able to show us past work, and the price fit our budget. The job it self went overall fine. There were a few bumps along the way, but that is common for most construction projects and it was nothing major. They never upped the price on us and we never had any issues with them showing up or completing the installation. The entire job took a couple weeks once all of the material came in. Overall I was very happy with my experience and would recommend them!

Description of Work
Complete Home Renovation, Windows, Roofing, Siding, Doors, Gutters, Decks, Garage Door

Category decks,garage doors,gutter repair,roofing,siding,replacement windows,doors

Work Completed On 11/01/2019

12/27/2019

James A.

Short story: (we are first time homebuyers/owners) Punctuality & Responsiveness: - Started work 2-3 weeks later than promised - Numerous no call no shows and plenty of good days wasted with excuses - Project was supposed to be done first or second week of November did not finish until 12/23 - Was not able to have our family over for thanksgiving and had to cancel on everyone - Took time out of work just for them to say they be there and cancel the last minute Quality - 4x4 posts are not straight (see photos) - Stairs are held on by 5 screws and they are not secured directly to the 4x4 posts I think they poured footings wrong - Decking has multiple screw holes which should have been hidden and you can see miss cuts they were rushing the job just to get out of there. - Kickers on the stairs have at least a ½ inch gap with the front cap (see photos) - Railings were not measured correctly and shift around - J channeling around were old window was instead of full pieces of siding - Globs of caulking found on railings/windows - cap post is not secured - miss cut in decking - One of the windows shifts (left to right) inside the frame there is no draft so I suppose it is okay. When I asked I was told it is because the house was settling. I would think it could of been solved with a shim. - New window screens were painted (see photos) Professionalism - As mentioned punctuality was appalling - Was accused that this was not a high paying job due to the amount of time it took even though they were the ones who kept messing things up and/or not showing up. - Wrong parts ordered or missing. - My wife wanted a plastic barrier installed to keep the dust in they did put up a plastic tarp but it was not as effective as a barrier. - My wife asked them to remove their shoes and they did this almost every time they entered, which was nice and courteous. - They had to leave the job for another job due to wrong parts for the railings. They did return and finish the job within about a week and a half. Pricing - Fair pricing compared to other quotes and for Tony’s project they were not pushy on payment. I did have them do some side work and with that they were, but my grade does not reflect that. - I wanted to see the finished work before I paid him and due to my job that was not until Christmas day. Tony was fine with waiting until after christmas for final payment. Long Story: I want to start off by saying this only reflects the work I asked Precision Windows to do. I did ask for some extra work to be done with some painting and flooring. Tony came in and gave me an estimate for the project I just wanted to get some windows replaced and a way to access my backyard with a sliding door. The back of my house is about 3-4 feet off the ground so I needed a small deck and stairs. I was told the windows needed a month to come in as they were large and had to be custom made which I was fine with. I was also told that the work would begin the last week of October and take about 3 days to finish. I was fine one the price and the original time frame of everything but I asked Tony to let me know when he knew for sure the date. They delivered the materials to my house and put them in the front driveway with no cover for anyone to see/take even though I have a huge garage and the work was being done in the back. My wife was home that day and asked them to move it and she was told that they do not want to drive on the grass (even though they had permission from us) and that it would be too difficult to put in the garage. It was lowes that delivered it and not Precision so it isn't really his company but he should be aware who he does business with reason I mention this will be explained later on. Tony called me told me when it was going to start and I took the day out of work to be here for construction. The crew was a no call no show. I was told the next day of a family emergency. I was a little angry I wasted my vacation time and wasn't even told what happened but I understand life happens. Work did not begin until 2-3 weeks after the day I was told and we wanted to use the space for thanksgiving. During that time we had rain/snow and the materials I mentioned weren't covered I had to go protect it from the weather. I am a first time homeowner so I did not have any tarps or anything to cover material and had to borrow from family. (Which lives in another state) When work started it was slow and a struggle to get them to come. Family issues, weather, other projects all were told me as reasons why they could not come. A 3 day project turned into almost a 6 week project. When we asked them to correct things they either did wrong or improper we were told that we are being to nit picky and that this was not a high paying project. It was like they were blaming us when every delay was caused on their end. Refer to photos of somethings that are still not corrected. Multiple days they did show up and start the work I was told that they ordered the wrong part and they would be back tomorrow and they would not come for a couple days. At the end you can tell they just wanted to get out of there and they rushed the job. Update: After my previous review the company reached out to me and offered to fix the areas of concern from their previous work. It was nice and very professional of them, especially since I had already paid them and the work was completed. I agreed to allow them to work on my house as long as they sent a different worker than previously. They agreed and sent out two guys to come work on my house. Not only did they show up on time they stayed the full day until the work was done. There was no rescheduling, delays, or excuses this time around. They repairs to the previous work they completed included plugging up all the holes in the deck. They fixed the gaps/ miss cuts with my deck using new pieces. They removed the previous caulking which was placed and resealed my windows, caps, and bases on the posts of my deck. They removed the paint from one of my screens and replaced a second screen entirely. The biggest improvement is they resided my house to a color that matches our current siding almost perfectly. The previous siding used was far off from being a match. The extra work took 1 & ½ days, they worked full days, and they worked around my schedule to make sure they were there while I was there. Honestly I wish my experience was this way from the start. The follow up work was handled very professionally and they were courteous with my time. I am happy they came out to fix these problems and it shows signs of good customer service.

Description of Work
I needed windows replaced, a sliding door put in, and a small deck with stairs off the slider to the backyard.

Category decks,siding,replacement windows,doors

Work Completed On 12/27/2019

Review for PRECISION DOOR & WINDOW INC - 466 SUMNER ST, Stoughton, MA - 38306668

Hello [Member Name Removed], First, I want to apologize how the initial job did go. We take full responsibility for what happened. We no longer use the crew that did your initial work. I thank you for letting us come back to your home and setting things right. I can't promise that everything goes 100% right on every job, but I can promise that we do not run away from people, will stand by our work, and fix it until you are happy with everything. Thank you again for giving us that chance. Regards, Anthony

08/20/2019

Chris F.

Overall the experience was great from meeting Tony at our house where he quickly wrote up a quote that was not adjusted ever. Tony's son Anthony was attentive and responded quickly to any questions we had. The installation team did a great job but they did have to come back at my request to seal a small part of the Windows. But they did so with no argument. Very professional group. The only additional comment is that when they dropped off the singles for the roof, they didn't tell me they were going to do that and left it on my lawn where it killed a patch of grass the size of the pallet. I would have preferred it in the driveway. Otherwise, I would highly recommend them for their work, communication, and product.

Description of Work
Windows and roof

Category roofing,replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/07/2019

06/12/2019

John D.

I had a great experience working with Precision Door and Window. I bought a condo a little over a year ago and during my first winter my floors were cold and the basement frigid. As my first semi major project I wanted to take care this issue. Originally I thought the problem was my basement door and a specific window so I asked for estimate to replace both. Upon inspecting my basement Precision identified that my window needed only a minor fix instead of the full replacement. Given this transparency I gladly used Precision's services. The installation was quick and painless and I no longer need socks in the winter. Cheers

Description of Work
Basement Door replacement and weatherization

Category replacement windows,doors

Work Completed On 12/05/2018

06/25/2018

Haofeng X.

Very easy to deal with. Quite a long (5 week) lead time for the windows to be manufactured, but once they arrived, got the job scheduled within a week. Work performed in a morning by two guys. Came on time, acted professionally, cleaned up after. Happy with the new windows - definitely a big improvement in heat and sound insulation. Very reasonable price, lower than some other quotes.

Description of Work
Replace three windows in condo

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/15/2018

Thank you for much [Member Name Removed] for your review. Very much appreciated! It was a pleasure of ours to be able to do your window project and I am glad it turned out well. Thank you, Anthony

04/21/2018

KAREN K.

I had to call three times before Tony finally called me back to make an appt. to give me an estimate. He said he'd arrive at 10 a.m. that same morning, then called back to say 9:30. I hopped in the shower. When I got out (9:20) he had already come to my house, measured the door, and left an estimate of $1,350 -- $750 for the actual door and $600 for the installation. I didn't have an opportunity to discuss with him what I wanted; he left before he was supposed to arrive! When I spoke with Tony later on the phone, I told him that my research showed that six-panel, fiberglass doors without windows (the kind I wanted) cost between $200 - $400, and so I asked if I could just pay him $600 for installation. He said that he didn't like to install other people's doors -- he in the business of selling doors. It should be pointed out that manufacturers have standards for doors that are directly comparable, unless you want something custom. In other words, he wanted to charge me almost TRIPLE the price for a standard door. If I didn't buy his door, he said that he was so busy, he wouldn't be able to get around to installing any door that I would buy myself.

Description of Work
I needed to have my back door replaced.

Category doors

Work Completed On 04/13/2018

Hello [Member Name Removed], I apologize for your experience with us. We take full responsibility for how your quote went. We have been swarmed with requests for quotes since the weather has warmed up and yours slipped through the cracks. I know there was some confusion when Tony went to do the quote, as he was not aware you were getting into the shower when Tony said he would be on his way. He did attempt to call you a few times, and got no response when he got there. He left the quote with your tenant, as he thought that was the best course of action since you were unable to answer your phone. As soon as you called the shop saying you wanted to talk to Tony we sent him right back to your house to discuss the quote with you. Regarding the pricing of the quote, I understand you compared our pricing to Home Depot/Lowes. When it comes pricing of doors we would never be able to compete with them as they are national companies that sell thousands of doors a day and can offer the cheapest pricing around. We are a local family owned business that does not get the same benefit. What we are able to do is offer Masonite doors which are some of the highest quality doors on the market. As for installing someone else's door, that is something we do not do. Just like if you were to try and bring your android cell phone to an apple store and ask them to fix it, even though they are both cell phones, neither store would work on the others phone. It is company policy to not install other vendors materials other then the vendors we specialize in. Again, I apologize the quote did not go as smoothly as we all would have liked, and I hope you were able to find a company to take on your door installation project. Regards, Anthony

12/14/2017

Tony L.

Wow - Great job from start to finish. Michele was so helpful in making this happen on such a tight timeline. The installers were professional. You would never have known they were there. They cleaned up as they were working. Everything went so well. Would definitely hire them again. Highly recomend.

Description of Work
They replaced 11 windows.

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 12/14/2017

COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL. DOUBLE HUNG, STORM, BOW, AWNING, BAY, HOPPER, & CASEMENT WINDOWS. ENTRY, STORM & PATIO DOORS. VINYL SIDING, TRIM, GUTTERS, SHUTTERS, ROOFS, AND GARAGE DOORS.

Repair Work