AireServ Heating & Air Conditioning

LA
Louisiana: Contractors

2929 Millerville Rd Suite E

Baton Rouge, LA 70816

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

We are a full service Air Conditioning and Heating Company. As we prove, "If we can't fix it, it can't be fixed!". We also offer regular rates all day long, this means NO OVERTIME (EVER)! However, we can only work on your air conditioner during the daylight hours. Now your furnace is different though. We can work on your furnace in the middle of the night in case of an emergency or frigid temperatures. Although we can fix just about everything, we also install both cooling and heating equipment. With over 20 years experience, no overtime, the best warranty in town, and the least expensive prices in town, why call anyone else? We also do hot water tank repair and replacement. Angie's List Members receive a $49 diagnostic and 10% off the repair with paid invoice onsite on repairs only. (Cannot combine with Senior Discount 10% on repairs only) http://www.cool225.com...

HVAC Companies (512)gas leak repair (7)home energy audit (3)air duct cleaning (3)water heaters (2)insulation (2)house painting (1)lawn & landscaping (1)

06/14/2019

Robin R.

Flawless. Just for context, we hired another company (Keefe's) to do an annual maintenance check-up. When they arrived, they informed us that they would not do maintenance without a "diagnostic" check up. They informed us that our AC unit needed a new coil, flushing, new switches and much much more... They quoted that the work would cost $1800 dollars and guaranteed us that the unit would not last the summer if we didn't do the work. Since we had the unit professionally inspected only 1 year earlier, we hired AireServ for a second opinion and they found no problems, aside from a little depletion of freon. They were less expensive, did better work, and did not try to scam us. We will hire them again, and we highly recommend them. Very professional and above-board.

Description of Work
Annual servicing & Maintenance

Work Completed On 06/14/2019

03/30/2018

Todd V.

Diagnosed problem right away-quoted 3 times the amount of others...

Description of Work
Replace inside a/c coil-price

Work Completed On 03/19/2018

[Member Name Removed]: I wish you had called me since we've done work together a couple of years now and you know how honest and what a high quality installation guy I am. There is no way at my price of $2,900 I am 3x what others are. The CORRECT coil is $1000 plus close to $1000 in freon, add a duct transition that's $300, plus 5-7 hours of labor, tax, and 10% profit and yes you do get $2,900. IF someone is doing it for $1000 they are using a very cheap slab coil which isn't correct and they reusing old freon which is likely from other peoples system and is already contaminated. This leads to you having to replace the brand new coil in 2-3 years as it will get eaten away from the inside due to acid if it doesn't ruin your $3500 compressor on your outdoor unit first. I do try to do things the right way so that they last. IF a $1900 price is what you were looking for I could have explained these things to you and as long as you knew what you were getting, it would be your decision to go forward. You advised me that you needed it to get you through as long as possible and although you didn't want to spend a lot of money spending money twice doesn't solve the problem either. You and I discussed how the new coils are aluminum and not copper anymore and how much longer those would last. I'm sorry to see you have gone elsewhere with your business, accept my apologies for not helping you understand this more upfront. I have also waived the $79 service call fee that you didn't pay for when we came out. If I can help you in the future, please let me know!

11/16/2017

Diana U.

Very good- Steve is very professional; puntual and knowledgeable. This is the second time I hire this company and will continue doing so for maintenance and repair on my A/C. It was a regular schedule but he found out I need some Freon, what made a big difference this summer. Thank you Steve and Daniel.

Description of Work
A/C maintenance

Work Completed On 07/21/2017

10/16/2017

Harris M.

These guys were great. Polite, professional, and competent. The repair was completed and I have not experienced any further issues. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Home HVAC not cooling. The repairman diagnosed a leak in the coil and added additional freon as a bear term fix. He also provided an estimate for a permanent fix.

Cost $546.5

Work Completed On 08/18/2017

09/21/2017

Michael T.

It turned out great. Ducts and registers are clean and spotless.

Description of Work
Had duct work cleaned

Work Completed On 08/03/2017

09/06/2017

Chantel W.

I called and made an appointment on a Tuesday evening. I was told an appointment was available for Wednesday between 10-2pm.. I agreed. I waited on Wednesday from 10 am until 1:00pm and no one had arrived and/or called. I was desperate to get my AC fixed so at around 1pm I called to see what was going on , no one answered. I could not take the chance that this would be a no show no call so I decided to call a different AC repair company. I wanted to make sure I still had some daylight left since repairs can not be conducted at night. The new service had a technician out in less than twenty minutes (before 2pm). At 2:20 their technician arrived and I was called via phone and advised that their technician was outside. I advised that my appointment was between 10 and 2 and it was now 2:20 .. I asked them to leave as another company would performing the repairs. This situation could have been avoided had anyone bothered to place a courtesy call and/or answer the phone when I called. At the very least someone should have called to let me know that the tech was going to be late and/or unable to meet the appointment time and rescheduled. The customer service in this situation was poor.

Description of Work
Air conditioner repair

Work Completed On 09/06/2017

[Member Name Removed]: I'm sorry that this happened. I did call at 1:15 to advise I was headed that way, but wasn't able to leave a voicemail. Pennie, in the office, didn't get your voicemail, as we were on hold with an insurance company dealing with another customer issue, until after we were almost there. This is when you advised you called someone else at 1. All I can do is apologize and say we were headed that way. We always show up, even if we are late and never no call/no show. I explained as such to you when you scheduled the appointment that i was squeezing you in even rhough you were all the way up in Zachary. I hope you accept my apology and harbor no hard feelings. As a 3 person company, and me as the owner, this is my livelihood and I hate to have unsatisfied customers. If there is something I can do for you in the future to make this up to you, please let me know. Maybe next time we can give you a free service call or something similar. Again, I hope you accept my apologies. Daniel

08/20/2017

A T.

Excellent service. I have them on contract to do my annual cleaning.

Description of Work
They provided routine maintenance.

Work Completed On 06/20/2017

08/18/2017

Sandra W.

Very well, completed in less than 10 minutes. Seemed very simple, so I was quite surprised by the bill. Even with A.L. discounts, the total was $200.

Description of Work
Blowout of drain in AC

Work Completed On 07/05/2017

07/11/2017

Mollie S.

Great! Daniel gave us options & recommendations as well as a general timeframe for how much "life" the system probably had left. When replacement does become necessary, we will definitely be calling them to take care of us.

Description of Work
We were afraid our AC system was on its last leg, but it just needed a bit of maintenance, cleaning, & freon.

Work Completed On 07/06/2017

07/03/2017

David N.

Daniel Bandy called me back about 15 minutes after my initial call to him. He gave me a window of when he expected to be there and let me know we were 3rd on his list. He called me about 10 minutes before he arrived and was ahead of schedule. He was very professional, thorough, and took care of our issue in about an hour. Each time he entered our house he put shoe coverings on and then he thoroughly explained his service call to us at the end. I felt so comfortable with his responsiveness that I asked about an annual service agreement and signed up for it on the spot. Highly recommend and will be using him again!

Description of Work
The air conditioner at our town home wouldn't come on. My wife and kids reported that the thermostat didn't have any power. It was July 3rd and I called Residential Experts after reading the positive feedback on Angie's list and I'm glad I did!

Work Completed On 07/03/2017

06/27/2017

Toby M.

Everything went well - VERY PROFESSIONAL! They really helped us keep our old system going... and still going strong a year later... very thankful :)

Description of Work
A/C no longer cooling... leaky A/C lines needed to be repaired and additional refrigerant added.

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

06/26/2017

sammye C.

I haven't ever used any HVAC company that I like nearly as much as I like Residential experts and Daniel Bandy. Daniel is a straight shooter, he communicates information that most HVAC guys don't, and he is a total professional. I completely trust him with my HVAC needs.

Description of Work
Residential Experts replaced my AC following the flood.

Work Completed On 04/20/2017

06/15/2017

salvatore S.

I’ve been calling him for the last 20 years or so. I remember it was over $200. I like him, I told my daughter to call him the next time she needs one. He replaced a part, but I don’t think it would cost that much. They said the service was about $59, I believe, but the part was kind of expensive. It was a really tiny part, the relay. To me, that was more expensive than you would think.

Description of Work
I think they had to replace a part. There was a relay that turns the air conditioner on and off. The relay was old and sticking, so the air conditioning was running all the time. The whole air conditioner was frozen with moisture.

Work Completed On 01/15/2017

06/12/2017

Todd V.

Great-found the problem in 20 minutes

Description of Work
A/C not cooling

Work Completed On 06/12/2017

06/12/2017

Parker S.

Residential experts sold me a new capacitor for a little under $500 including labor. Daniel is a very nice guy and was punctual and responsive for our first meeting. However, a couple of months later, it turns out the root of the problem lied with the fan motor. Due to a scheduling conflict, I had to get a competitor to replace the motor. For whatever reason, he put in a new capacitor at the same time and I actually paid less altogether than I had paid for the capacitor alone with residential experts. The two competitor's, Breaux's and Residential Experts, clearly disagree on which capacitor should be used. The Breaux's tech said that I got ripped off, and that Residential Experts additionally left my condenser coils in a filthy state...which was contributing to the motor failure. Residential experts says Breaux's doesn't know what the heck they're talking about, and that the capacitor I got is great and worth the higher price. I don't know who is right and I doubt either one of them care because they both have my money. In hindsight, I looked up the Turbo200 capacitor that residential experts installed, and I could have purchased it on Amazon for fifty bucks. I understand there is a cost to maintaining inventory and actually doing the installation, but still it doesn't feel good. Now I am stuck with a five hundred dollar paper weight. I am disappointed that I overpaid, and because I feel that Residential Experts put in a stop gap measure.

Description of Work
Issue with outdoor air handler motor not starting; I called to have the issue diagnosed and repaired.

Work Completed On 04/03/2017

04/25/2017

amanda D.

Very good service. Through explanation of repair and straightforward explaination of cost.

Description of Work
A/C repair.

Work Completed On 03/24/2017

04/13/2017

Carolyn W.

Great job ... very thorough. Definitely would use again.

Description of Work
Exterior painting was completed with attention to detail. Painters were very professional and work was completed in one day.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,house painters

Work Completed On 04/13/2017

04/13/2017

Nancy R.

Did a great job. Very professional.

Description of Work
Air vents cleaned.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 03/09/2017

04/08/2017

jose A.

Great. Daniel does great work. Honest and straightforward.

Description of Work
AC repair work

Work Completed On 04/08/2017

03/15/2017

Sara M.

Price was a bit high on both part and labor. Didn't hire to replace.

Description of Work
Furnace tune up and replacement of spring to convert from natural gas to lp gas

Work Completed On 02/03/2017

Thank you for the review [Member Name Removed]. For reference, the part was $90 (my cost including 10% tax), $79 for the tune up and $90 of labor to go get the part from Watson to Airline/Coursey and back plus time to complete the conversion (30-45 mintues) by removing the gas valve, all of the ports, disconnecting the gas line inside and outside the furnace, to adjust the gas pressure so it is correct with a manometer, test for gas leaks, and test for Carbon Monoxide (CO) plus safety testing ( 30 more minutes) seems very very reasonable to me. I think people forget how much labor is involved in going to get parts and complete jobs correctly, not just throwing the parts in and leaving, while still having to pay all of our bills, office staff, gas, licenses, insurance, etc etc. It is very expensive to run a legit business honestly and I do my best to keep my costs as low as possible while not endangering lives. I wish you would have called and I could have explained all of this to you. I wish more people would call and ask questions on things, especially when they feel they have a honest hard working person in their home. When it comes to gas and Carbon Monoxide, I complete every test that your equipment requires. Your family and their safety is of utmost importance and I wouldn't live with myself if something happened because I didn't take an extra 30 minutes to run a full safety test to ensure you won't have any problems. I hope in the future you will still continue to call me. I hope you got it fixed as it has been pretty chilly these last few nights. Thanks again!

02/02/2017

Hosea G.

They were very professional. I am going to use them again.

Description of Work
I used Residential Experts Heating & Cooling for heating and A/C.

Work Completed On 02/02/2016

12/30/2016

Lesley G.

Great super honest. Treats customers wonderful. I wish all companies were as helpful and honest,

Description of Work
AC tune up

Work Completed On 12/30/2016

12/26/2016

Michael K.

He does explains things well. To the best of his ability, but I think he's solely relying on his technology instead of objective thinking of how to fix a potential problem. Wasn't disappointed until he charge me for 3 or 4 continuous visit for the same problem.

Description of Work
Last year I had my inside unit freezing up. Daniel came out several times to fix it, but every time was a temporary fix. I expected him to charge me once. And maybe a service fee the following times. This was not the case. Needless to say in the following Spring, I started to have the same problems. I called a new guy, and he fixed it one time with no problems since.