Mr Window Inc

Founded 1987 • With Angi since March 1999

902 E 106th St

Indianapolis, IN 46280

Mr. Window has a certain way of doing business — the right way! That’s evident in our corporate philosophy and how we conduct business. It’s reflected throughout our 33-year history as a family-owned business that specializes in selling and installing top-quality windows and doors. And it’s

08/04/2022

Shane G.

I contacted Joe with Mr Window at the beginning of June 2022 to inquire about a specific brand “Okna” windows after contacting (Okna) and was told he was the guy for Indianapolis. I sent an email with dimensions and he sent me a quote, within a couple days. Once we got details ironed out, he sent Dave, to double check my measurements and to pick up a check to get the job started. This was a pain free and pleasant experience and I was very happy with the overall process. I was told 10-12 weeks for install. Well, it only took 8 weeks. I am very pleased with my chose of windows and the craftsmanship of the Okna 800 DX windows. This part, initial contact and the windows themselves, I give 5 stars! The install was yesterday 8-3-2022 and went pretty good. But there were some things I think could have been done better. 1) it was hot, the guys got dirt and sweat all over the windows and frames. 2) sticker residue was left all over the glass 3) during the process of removing my old windows, my trim and sills were gouge in spots (it is only drywall on the sides) I had to patch these areas. My trim had the caulked areas broke loose and was left this way. 4) this part I was told by Dave that he would come back and repair but no way was I gonna wait for the to happen. But the installer, broke my toilet paper roll holder from the wall and a small shelve on the opposite wall. Instead of telling me, he left it for me to find. If I was told, I don’t think it’d been a big deal but the way it was push back to try to hide it, till the holder was used and just hit the floor, didn’t sit right with me. 5) I think my 3 yr old nephew could have done a better job caulking the outside. Even the inside was smeared and being silicone caulk, makes it a pain, to paint. Which after caulking my trim pieces, I had to do. I actually question the outside holding up, I’m not an expert but may be why the “labor warranty” is only a year, unless, you leave a review. So here is my review to get that second year. This part, I won’t hold against Mr Window as I don’t know if they was ordered wrong or if Okna, assembled them wrong. But, I was supposed to have brushed satin hardware and received white. I was told they was on order and they’d come back to swap out, when the hardware arrives. But even this, I think I should have been made aware of before I pointed it out… Maybe I expect to much but for what we pay for replacement window (close to $1100 a piece) I guess I expected to be left with a clean window, frame and my house in the same condition as before they arrived. I spent 4-5 hrs between yesterday and today fixing the dirty windows, broken toilet paper holder, shelf and recaulking trim. Maybe more but I repainted the trim as I was going and hard to separate out. Now don’t get me wrong, Dave was great and I truly believe if he had been here for the whole install, a lot of this wouldn’t have happened. But he was sent out to do measuring for future jobs, returning to trim the inside. I’m not sure he went around and checked the outside but I’m hoping he does, when he returns to change out hardware. Just to reassure me that the trim and caulk job is up to snuff…

Description of Work
Replacement windows

Category egress windows

06/05/2022

Donald N.

Excellent service and installing the windows were timely and very professional.

Description of Work
Installed porch windows

Category egress windows, insulation, replacement windows

Thank you! We are so happy you are pleased with your new windows and the service you received. We appreciate your business and the great review!

01/19/2022

Joe C.

I ordered a single window with half down given for deposit on 9/2/21. I was told the wait time to order would be 8 weeks. I was contacted by text in December to schedule my apt for 12/21. No one showed up and no one called. I received a text the next day. We rescheduled for 1/17. Again, no one showed up for apt and no one called. I received another text that evening that they misplaced my window and had to reschedule for 1/19. Again, a third time no one showed up called. NO ONE answers the main line either. They only communicate through text messages. I have never personally seen something so shady and never been so disrespected by a company in my life. We missed work for these apts. Do not give them your business. Horrendous customer service and professionalism!

Description of Work
Window Replacement

Category egress windows, replacement windows

Mr. [Member Name Removed] has completely misrepresented the circumstances of his order. Mr Window absolutely does not guarantee timelines, especially in this post covid environment. Manufacturing and delivery times remain a complete unknown and patience is the advice given before any contract is signed. Unfortunately, it is Mr. [Member Name Removed] who does not answer his phone and his “voice mailbox is full.” As a result, an office staff member used their personal cell phone to text Mr. [Member Name Removed] in order to communicate and schedule his project. Mr. [Member Name Removed]’s window was scheduled to be installed at the end of the day, presumably so he would not have to miss work. Occasionally other projects take longer than the estimated time. Weather, driving conditions, unforeseen problems once windows are removed that need addressing are all factors in completing a project while maintaining quality. Scheduling cancellations and changes are never desired but impossible to predict or eliminate. Each time the installer was unable to fulfill the scheduled time he attempted telephoning Mr. [Member Name Removed] and was unable to leave a message after the unanswered call. Subsequently, Mr. [Member Name Removed] would call the office after hours, leave a message, and receive a return text from the office staff the next morning. Despite the inconvenience of rescheduling several times Mr. [Member Name Removed] never changed his inability to answer a call or receive a message and remains angry Mr Window does not personally answer calls 24/7. Mr Window takes pride in maintaining a high satisfaction rating and take exception to being labeled shady or unprofessional. We are confident regarding the quality of Mr [Member Name Removed]’s completed project and apologize for the inconvenience caused by multiple reschedules. Our sincere hope is that viewing the beauty and energy efficient comfort of your new window will soften your perspective, and possibly your review.

01/06/2022

Michael D.

Not well. DO NOT RECCOMMEND. Windows were installed on one day and doors were to be done on a different day. Doors took longer to come in from mfg. I had to follow up with Mr. Window to find out (if/when) the doors were ready to install ... yet more delay. On installation day it was determined they had miss-measured the doors and they would have to be reordered. Again I had to follow up to determine when installation would occur. Appt set - rain and poor communication, then I had to push for a new appt. Installation day came BUT it was too cold to work. No communication about it. When, again followed up an hour after arrival time, was told: 'we were just getting ready to call you'. After all this inconvenience and having paid - it would be another two weeks for installation. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Description of Work
Windows and Doors

Category replacement windows, doors

Mr. Window Response: We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. The installation of 27 Pella windows in your home was completed on schedule and without issue. Unfortunately, the measurements for the initial door delivered by the manufacturer were incorrect. We discussed then, as a matter of good faith, delaying payment for the windows until all your projects were completed. It was necessary to return the door to the manufacturer for construction of a new door. Functioning in our current Covid world means patiently waiting for long delays in manufacturing and shipping, which we communicate to our clients. We do not provide regular updates on unknown information from the manufacturer so contact is limited to the installation scheduling call once the product is received. This time of year, weather frequently affects or interrupts our schedule. We are sorry this stressed you. Mr Window does not install in rain or temperatures below 15 degrees for safety precautions. Because Indiana’s weather can change significantly within hours our communications seem last minute at times, as happened with you. Some days that start off colder will warm enough to complete installation in the afternoon, and we remain open to that possibility. Unfortunately, not being able to complete a project as scheduled is not only inconvenient for you, but also creates a difficult situation for the company rescheduling the installation and delaying payment for the balance. We cannot control the weather and must continue to deal with delays and uncertainties in manufacturing and supply. Again, we apologize that our communication has left you feeling underserved. We strive to do better and look forward to completing your project.

10/01/2021

Stephanie C.

We couldn't be happier with the entire process. Joe was responsive, friendly, and knowledgeable. He discussed the windows we were interested in and made sure we didn't have any questions. Their pricing was reasonable and their work was fantastic. All of the installers we dealt with were on time, polite, professional, and did an excellent job. Windows are a big investment and we have no doubt we chose the right company!

Description of Work
We had 20+ windows replaced.

Category replacement windows

We are so happy to hear about your satisfaction with Mr. Window. We appreciate our customers who take the time to write a review and will extend your labor warranty by a year for doing so. Our business is built on referrals and hope you were happy enough to refer us to friends and family. Thank you for your business!

05/29/2021

Thomas P.

They called and said all our windows were in and scheduled install. They showed up and at the end told us they "lost" two windows and didn't bring the tools for the basement window install. Mr. Window then told us two of the windows were not on the truck. Months went by, months of lie after lie after lie. When our "lost" windows the factory "forgot" FINALLY arrived? He DEMANDED we prepay to get them installed like WE owed HIM something. He then lied repeatedly to my fiancé and proved, yet again, that he is not only a horrible business man, but a poor excuse for a man. Only at the very end did they admit they damaged two of them. This guy is a slimy dishonest piece of garbage. Avoid at all costs!

Description of Work
Window replacement

Category replacement windows

We do not currently nor did we have a customer [Member Name Removed] in our recent records. We regret Mr. [Member Name Removed] was dissatisfied, but this was not an issue with Mr. Window Company. Please let us know if we can help you with any future window or exterior door replacements.

01/21/2021

Tim R.

Mr Window installed Sunrise Sliding Glass door this week Install crew was professional and courteous. Everything went very well from start to finish. Product quality seems very good. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Sliding Glass Door

Category siding, doors

08/09/2020

MARLA P.

It went well and ptofessionally.i just wish installers would take face masks seriously. (I say this as a member of a vulnerable population)

Description of Work
Window orderedand installed

08/05/2020

Carol H.

We had 27 windows replaced with Verde Windows with Full Frame Replacement. We appreciated Joe Guzzi's low pressure sales visit. Installation was done quickly and expertly. The windows are beautiful and decrease outside noise, and lower heating and cooling costs.

Description of Work
Replacement of all windows

04/22/2020

Robert L.

We were very satisfied with the entire process of purchasing and having windows installed by Mr. Windows. Mike Sullivan, with sales, was informative, courteous, patient and didn't pressure us. Later Dave, who installed the windows, was prompt, careful and professional. Afterwards the clean up was thorough and complete. We are very satisfied with our experience with Mr. Windows and recommend them.

Description of Work
New windows installed

02/05/2020

JENNIFER & NATHAN Y.

It was great! The installers were very professional, efficient, quiet, and punctual. The windows seem to be in a very good quality, and their pricing was excellent.

Description of Work
They put in new 11 windows on our screened porch.

Category replacement windows

We are very glad to hear that you are so satisfied with your experience! If you have any questions or need anything in the future, do not hesitate to call. Thank you for your business. -- Lisa, Office Manager

08/15/2019

Edward S.

Sales was low pressure and informational. Installation was professional and timely. The installer even fixed my plantation shutter at no cost.

Description of Work
Replaced four large windows with Pella Windows in the front of our house.

07/27/2019

Pat P.

They were on time, neat and efficient. It pays to do your homework. Great windows and excellent company.. Highly recommend. Joe, the owner, was extremely patient with all my questions and responded in a timely manner. They are an exclusive dealer of OKNA windows... I am a happy customer.

Description of Work
I had 5 double hung OKNA windows, One OKNA sliding Glass door and a Steel patio garage door installed

07/02/2019

Katrina K.

I decided to schedule an estimate with Mr. Window, because of the glowing reviews online. I need 16 windows replaced and asked the sales associate, Mike, for two quotes: one for the total replacement and the other priced by window. Rather than provide a typed estimate, as I expected and received from other window companies, he scrawled the estimate on the back of the brochures for the windows he recommended. Nonetheless, he was prompt about returning my phone calls and courteous when answering all my questions. After doing further research online, I selected the Sunrise Essential windows because of the quality and price; I wasn’t ready to commit to a total replacement and decided to only replace four windows. I noticed that Mr. Window offered a deal on the installation of seven Sunrise Essential windows on Angie’s List that was about $50 lower than the price per window quoted to me, so I emailed Mike to ask 1) for a price adjustment to match that deal, and 2) if Mr. Window could match a competitor’s estimate that was nearly $100 less per window for comparable windows. He emailed back that, because I was only having four windows installed, he couldn’t match the Angie’s List deal, but that he could match the competitor’s estimate. However, when I showed up at Mr. Window to sign the contract, Mike said that he’d “made a mistake” and couldn’t match the competitor’s price; he did though offer to match the Angie’s List deal for the four windows. I felt this was a “bait-and-switch” tactic to get me to pay a higher price, but I had already decided on the Sunrise Essentials so I signed the contract. I still feel that any pricing estimate extended in writing, like the email I have from Mike agreeing to match the competitor’s price, should be honored, even if a “mistake.” The installer no-called, no showed for the first measurement appointment that I made. I had to call Mr. Window five days after the missed appointment to reschedule (the office manager had no idea that the installer skipped the appointment). On installation day, Ennis and his assistant worked quickly; he, too, courteously answered questions I had about the installation process. Except for the screws removed from the old storm windows that littered my garden bed after the job was completed, all of the materials from the installation were cleaned up. The new windows do look great (and I hope they are efficient this winter). I never received a final invoice and called Mr. Window two weeks after the installation to request one be sent to me. The company, however, was quick to call me a week later to say my bill was in collection. When I have the other 12 windows replaced this fall or next spring I will likely choose another window company for two reasons: 1) the renege on the email agreement to match the competitor’s price, and 2) the amount of follow-up on my part after the no-call, no show measurement appointment and to obtain a final invoice.

Description of Work
Window replacement

Category replacement windows

Ms [Member Name Removed], I am sorry you feel Mr Window fell short of your expectations. Your assessment of your sales representative states that he was prompt, courteous, and responsive to all your questions but that you were less than satisfied your contract quote was hand written. I am sure Mike would have typed it out for you had you communicated your desire. You admit doing online research beyond the knowledgeable information supplied by Mike and you chose the Sunrise Essential Line of windows. You did not choose the less expensive model you present as comparable in quality to Sunrise Essential. Most window companies offer discounts for the purchase of multiples of windows in one order using the concept of bulk purchasing. The company is able to save money on manufacturing, shipping, and delivery, passing that savings on to the consumer. When a customer contracts to replace 16 windows the salesman has more opportunities to calculate savings and discount the total price. When the client decides to reduce the purchase to 4, they can hardly expect to retain discounts available for 16 or the clearly advertised 7. Never the less, Mike attempted to add you to our “satisfied customer” list by reducing his own commission to discount your cost of 4 windows. The contract you signed itemizes/invoices all costs, deposits, and a total clearly stating the balance is due upon completion. When your installers were finished with your project it was your responsibility to remit payment to Mr Window. Our office personnel occasionally need to make a reminder call regarding payment but we do not threaten, nor have we ever contacted or communicated with any collection agent or agency. Good luck on your future renovation projects. I sincerely hope you find a more favorable experience.

05/06/2019

Tom C.

The Team from Mr. Window did a great job. The Representative (Michael Sullivan) came to my house very promptly and did the measurements and estimate. The Windows (9) and Sliding Glass door were installed 6 weeks later. I thought that was great turnaround time. I purchased OKNA windows and Verde Sliding Door. They are excellent. The installer team worked very hard and completed work in one day!

Description of Work
New Windows and New Sliding Glass Door

05/03/2019

WILLIAM H.

I contacted Mr. Window because they sold OKNA windows. I ended up going with a different brand based on their suggestion - I wanted two colors - sandstone on the outside & white on the inside and this made Verde the better choice for the windows. After the sales meeting, I stopped by the showroom and looked at what I was buying and then signed the paperwork, & put down a deposit. After that measurements were taken, and the windows showed up a few weeks early. I was scheduled for install and the gentleman that did the install could not have been more professional - I am very pleased.

Description of Work
Install 7, Verde Double-Hung windows - 2 colors

Category replacement windows

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We are always pleased to hear when customers are completely satisfied. If you ever have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to call us. --Lisa

11/13/2018

Thom B.

Never heard back after measurements were taken. The contractor seemed nice, very punctual, and thorough but I never got the estimate. The appointment with Mr. Window was 11/5/18 Please advise. Mr. Brown

Description of Work
Door replacement.

Category replacement windows

Mr. [Member Name Removed], sincere apologies for the delay in receiving your quote. It was sent to you last week, but should not have taken a week and a day for you to receive. If there is anything I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to call. --Lisa Knieser, Office Manager (Mr Window 317-848-7282)

08/17/2018

Nancy C.

Joe came over and measured all of our windows and discussed our needs. He prepared a quote and sent it by email within a couple days. The showroom was available to take a closer look at the different styles they have. Joe was available evenings and weekends and was very responsive to questions without being pushy.

Description of Work
We had Mr. Window give us a quote for 16 windows and a patio door. They were great, but we ended up going with a different contractor.

08/15/2018

KEN & PAM K.

He was efficient, prompt, professional and helpful.

Description of Work
They install a new window on our living room.

07/07/2018

JAMES K.

The crew that installed our new master bedroom windows were absolutely phenomenal. Very professional, very polite, took their time with us when needed, but didn't waste time yacking about everything under the sun. Bottom line, we felt safe in their hands, which is important to me as I'm not terribly skilled at home repairs/improvements. After the installation crew left, my wife looked at me and said "well, we're definitely calling those guys again for our next set of windows." Thank you so much. Oh, yeah, and the windows are awesome, too!

Description of Work
Master bedroom windows replacement

Category picture framing, replacement windows

05/15/2018

AMBER B.

I had a great experience from start to finish with Mr. Window. Mike came out to discuss my project and they clearly implement a consultative sales model. His approach is to help you select the right product to fit your needs and budget. It’s not a high-pressure sales pitch. I replaced 9 wood windows that were original to my 1951 bungalow with double pane, tilt-in windows with screens. I really can’t tell you enough how much I love the look and functionality of these windows! The old windows usually required two hands to open and close, they were ugly with the metal storm glass over some of them and none of them had the screens. I had to use the small side sliding screens from Lowe’s in the summer. I’ve had them for about 2 years now and I still appreciate the fact that they open and close like butter with only 2 fingers! I know that some folks firmly believe that replacing original windows diminishes the character of these older homes. And as somebody who just had to replace a Kenmore refrigerator after only 6 years, I generally agree with the belief that “they don’t make them like they used to”. But not when it comes to windows. Double-pane vinyl windows with screens are far superior to what they originally installed back in ’51. Once you get them you’ll wish you had done it sooner. Mr. Window’s installers made the process very easy. They were punctual, professional, efficient and didn’t leave a mess. They made it easy but there was one little downside to that. I have dressers in front of the windows in each of the bedrooms. They said that we didn’t need to move those. I would advise that you go ahead and move those so that you can dust the window sills before they come. I didn’t do that and there is some dust that I can’t remove fully as they caulked over that dust. Other than that, they take care of the rest and I had a great experience with Mr. Window. In fact, they came out today and measured for my new entry door. I would certainly recommend them to family and friends.

Description of Work
They replaced 9 windows, including a picture window

04/23/2018

LESLIE L.

They did an excellent job. The windows they replaced were thicker and were better quality. They were very professional and I would highly recommend them. I will use them again this year to replace some more windows on the north side of my house.

Description of Work
They replaced all of my windows on the south side of my house.

04/13/2018

MARYELLEN B.

Our new windows were installed today. I expected dirt, dust and extreme disruption. Nothing could have been further from the truth. The windows are perfect and the installation was so professional. Thanks Mr. Window and special thanks to your amazing installers! And their prices are very reasonable, especially for Pella windows.

Description of Work
Relaxed large 3 section windows on front of our home.

Category replacement windows

Thank you so much for such a positive review. We strive to make each window installation an easy and stress free experience. If another window or door need arises, please contact us as we love helping our clients! Also, if you have friends or family that are interested in replacing their old, leaky windows, we do have a wonderful referral program. Just tell them to mention your name! Again, thank you for your business. It was a pleasure serving you.

04/07/2018

Amy S.

Everyone was professional, curtious, friendly, easy to talk to,and very knowledgeable. They all made the whole experience one of the best experiences I've had with home repair service providers. I know that sounds over the top but it really is true. w While I would always prefer to spend less money, I've learned you truly get what you pay for. The doors are amazing and definately high quality. They make the house look so much better. The window is great too but I'm in love with my doors! I picked Mr. Window because it's locally owned and they use their own people, no subs. While the price is a little higher, they are honest about how they pay and the benefits they provide to keep their installers. I am happy to pay a little more for to support people making a living wage and getting employment provided benefits. Big shout out to Sean (sp?) who did the installation. Very skilled, personable, I can't say enough about the amazing job he did! our house always presents a challenge during renovations but he conquered it like a champ! Thank you, Mr. Window. you made my home better!!

Description of Work
The front picture window needed replaced. So, when they came for that, I had them give me an estimate n replacing the old wooden back door and the interior door between the garage and dinning room.

Category replacement windows, doors

Ms. [Member Name Removed] Thank you for the positive feedback. We love helping clients complete their window and door needs. As a small, locally owned and operated business, Mr. Window thrives on our satisfied customers and their referrals. If another need arises, I hope you will contact us. Please don't hesitate to take advantage of our referral program, too. If we can be of assistance to your friends and family in the future, please have them provide your name as the referral when they contact us. If they choose to use us for the project, you will receive $25---$50 for your referral. There is no limit to your referrals!

02/15/2018

Eric L.

Wow! From my very first conversation with the owner, Joe, to my last handshake with the installer, Matt, I have been more than satisfied with the service. I got 8 windows replaced for my condo this week and I instantly notice the change in airflow (or lack of) now that I have a sealed tight home. I had serious drafts coming in from all over the house due to old windows. That is gone! I also notice my home being 80% quieter of outside noise (traffic, neighbors, dogs, barking) because of the high quality Okna windows that Joe recommended for me. I just took a nap and wasn’t awoken by something outside for the first time since I moved in! I have to brag on Matt Boyd, the installer for a little bit. He was the most courteous person, friendly and trustworthy while he was in my home and with regard to keeping me updated on the 2 day project & expectations. If he is available, I HIGHLY recommend you request Matt to be one of the main installers on your project. Joe, thank you so much for not selling me windows, but allowing me to purchase windows and a higher quality of living from you and Mr. Window. You will be the only name that comes to mind when I make recommendations to friends and family in the future! Thank you!!

Description of Work
Needed 8 windows replaced in my condo built in the early 2000’s and I needed them to follow code with my HOA. Not only did Mr Window accomplish that task, but read the rest of my review to see what my experience looked like and why I recommend Mr Window over EVERY single other business on Angie’s list.