GENERAL ALARM INC

Founded 1964 • With Angi since February 2001

21 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. CHARGES MONTHLY MONITORING FEE....

Indiana Alarm

Indiana Alarm has been a locally owned and operated company for over a decade. Our customers are our family and we strive to provide every single one of them with the highest quality of service and equipment that is available. Although, we are locally owned and operated we provide the most up to date knowledge on new cutting edge technology in the industry. We make it our mission to provide our customers with the most current product information on the market. Our prices and customer service rival that of any of the "big named" security companies in the market today. When you call for a service call or simply have a question about your system, you are calling a local number within Indiana. Our security and automation equipment is manufactured by the top names in the industry today and our monitoring station is based and operated within the United States. We offer free home visits for estimates with a "no pressure" presentation that leaves you available to evaluate your options on your own time.

CP Smart Home Security & Smart Home Automation

We are a home automation and alarm provider here to address all your security needs that you may have. Free door bell camera and free installation. Low monthly monitoring. If your not happy with your current provider ask how to get bought out of your current contract .

Offers by CP Smart Home Security & Smart Home Automation on Angi
Bucks Electric

We are a full service electrical contractor that only does quality work. We do all electircal work, such as outlets, switches, fans, new construction, remodels, panel upgrades, car charging stations, generators, surge protectors, and more. Free Estimates! 317-430-8297

05/04/2015

JOAN F.

Service was fine and they are very reliable.

Description of Work
They increased the number the alarms that we had in the house.

08/01/2014

Keith G.

Rather than making a service call, I was advised over the telephone what I could do to silence the keypad without effecting the rest of the system. I followed the instructions and was successful. As in the past, General Alarm solved the current problem efficiently and professionally.

Description of Work
Our alarm system was installed in 1985, it is only partly operational, and parts are no longer available. General Alarm has come in the past to correct what they could. This time a key pad's lights were blinking and it was making continuous chirping sounds.

11/30/2012

Marcia H.

When we bought our house this year, we inherited a very old alarm system which, although it was a "cadillac" in its time (many customized enhancements), had been unused for years and was of unknown quality. The General Alarm technicians were knowledgeable about it, had worked on variations of it for years, and were willing to take it on. Our project unfolded in stages, as they learned more about the peculiarities of our own setup and as we decided to make various changes. We did have a couple of setbacks, but they had prepared us for that and we were not upset because we knew not everything could be predicted in advance. Ultimately, we got everything we needed and have been very happy with our choice. The employees are nice, prompt, tidy, and competent, and we do like the idea of dealing with a long-term local provider. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Inspected and repaired door and window contacts and heat detectors. Replaced alarm speaker and upgraded wired smoke detector. Added two heat detectors in attic. Replaced very old key-activated on and off switches with electronic keypads. Replaced very old monitor panel with electronic panel (which allowed us to save money and hassle by dropping our telephone land-line).

02/23/2012

richard W.

My only complaint was the salesperson made an estimate on the system the he was unable to come through on. If he had provided a more realistic quote, the installation phase would have gone considerably smoother. Since then the service and client service have been awesome. I have no problem continuing to have them monitor our system and do recommend them to others. It is nice that they are a local provider.

Description of Work
Installation of a security system and ongoing monthly monitoring

01/08/2011

JOAN B.

Installer arrived on time and was extremely knowledgeable. He has been with the company for 25 years. He completed the work on schedule and updated me as he worked on what he was doing. When finished, he went through operation of the system and answered all of my questions. Cleaned up after himself.

Description of Work
Upgraded my current alarm system. Replaced outdated control panels and added contactors to all windows. I have used this company for more than 15 years and have found them to be consistently reliable with reasonable charges. Almost all of their employees have been with them for 10 years or more. I would rather not state actual cost of the work, but will say the sales rep was very willing to negotiate and I was satisfied with final agreed-upon price.

07/29/2008

CHRIS AND JULIE L.

They were very reliable. They were good and thorough. The installers were efficient and they made sure I knew how to work the new system before they left.

Description of Work
They came out and installed a whole new alarm system in my house.

10/25/2007

KEITH L.

They installed our alarm system a long time ago, and they service our alarm as well. Our experience has been very good with them.

Description of Work
Fixed our alarm system.

09/10/2007

PAUL J R.

Steve was able to identify the faulty alarm switch and quickly repaired it.

Description of Work
Found faulty alarm switch and repaired it. Also replaced older alarm switch with newer model.

06/13/2007

ANNE L.

I called them in the morning and they were able to come that same day. The technician was very professional. I would use them again and I recommend them.

Description of Work
They came out and replaced a connector or contact on my sliding glass door. Tested the alarm and let me know about the low battery.

06/06/2006

RONDA & BRUCE W.

General Alarm did an excellent job with the replacement/upgrade. Their installation was very professional as opposed to the existing Brinks system that looked like it was installed by monkeys (control panel hanging by one screw, no lock on the control panel, holes that appeared to have been created by a hammer, unnecessary holes, non-functional detectors left hanging on the wall, smoke detectors placed in non-optimal locations, etc.) Would highly recommend General Alarm for their professionalism and low monitoring fee.

Description of Work
Removed an existing Brinks alarm system and installed a GE replacement system. Used the existing detectors from the Brinks system, plus added attic heat detectors, several new door switches and an additional keypad.

Category home security systems

INSTALLING & SERVICING MONITORING SYSTEMS (BURGLARY. FIRE. MEDICAL EMERGENCIES. SUMP PUMP. OTHER MECHANICAL SYSTEMS) IN BOTH NEW & EXISTING HOMES. OFFICE/RETAIL. INSTITUTIONAL LOCATIONS SUCH AS CHURCHES & SCHOOLS. TRADITIONAL & IP BASED VIDEO SURVEILLANCE. ACCESS CONTROL. EMERGENCY CALLBOXES.

PHYSICAL SECURITY SUCH AS GUARD SERVICES. STRUCTURAL MODIFICATION SUCH AS REINFORCED DOORS OR SECURITY WINDOWS.

ASK FOR DETAILS