Floor Coverings International

Founded 2006 • With Angi since March 2009

We will come to your home with the specific skill to design for you the flooring solution to inspire you, and that is perfect for your home. We are trained to be an expert in both flooring knowledge and flooring design. We are experts in knowing the features and benefits of all types of flooring material, and how to create for you the right design, either from one material, or using several in one design. Our job is to inspire you, and to open up for you a world of opportunity to create the most beautiful and appropriate flooring solution. The Floor Coverings Customer Experience has been crafted to ensure that from the first moment you contact us, through the installation of your floor and beyond, you will feel valued and held by our company. Whoever you talk to and meet at Floor Coverings International, we would like you to know that the measure of our success lies solely in the measurement of your satisfaction of us. Award winning. Additional phone - (800) 342-5324. Additional DBA - Majc Enterprises LLC....

A Service Provider's profile image

+24 more images

flooring (55)hardwood floors (48)carpet installation (19)tile installation (5)marble & granite (1)

07/31/2017

David E.

Excellent work, courteous, on time, professional-very satisfied.

Description of Work
Refinished hardwood floors, replaced wall to wall carpet, replaced kitchen floor.

Work Completed On 07/31/2017

06/10/2017

saurav M.

I had a good experience, I like them. They not that good. I would tell my friends and family to avoid, stay away.

Description of Work
They did floor installation.

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 03/01/2017

We never provided service for this customer we meet with them in October 2008 but they did not work with us. I will request that they remove this review.

06/06/2017

Margery M.

I'm very happy with it. They replaced flooring in the house that we had purchased about 7-8 years ago, the flooring had pet stains in it. So, they replaced flooring in our front hallway and upstairs hall. I was very happy with their work.

Description of Work
They put in our floors.

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 04/01/2013

06/03/2017

Stephen M.

So far, so good. I haven't had any problems with it. They did a good job. They installed it on time. Everything was delivered on time. There were no delays. I don't recall anything bad that stood out. The price was medium. They weren't the cheapest or the most expensive.?I would use them again.

Description of Work
They installed hardwood flooring on the main level.

Work Completed On 06/01/2009

06/03/2017

Stephen M.

They were my next if the guy I went with's price would have been the same as them. I choose someone else because their price was cheaper. They were thorough and gave a lot of options. They explained the do's and don'ts. What we were looking for and what type of wood we wanted to actually match the existing installation. They were very knowledgeable about installation pieces. The information we got was invaluable. They could offer a no interest rate for four years or better payment options. The price wasn't too bad. As far as professionalism, they were really good. They answered all of my questions and all of my phone calls.

Description of Work
I used them for a bid for hardwood flooring on the upstairs and the staircase.

Work Completed On 08/09/2017

04/25/2017

Jennifer B.

I had a great overall experience with David and his company. I got three estimates for this project, and David was the only one who seemed to put any thought into the solution--his written estimate was extremely detailed and itemized, so I knew what I was paying for. There were a few missed calls and cancellations with the early visits (to go over the project and match the sample), but from then on, David was very responsive and his workers were extremely punctual. They were polite, showed up on time, and took great care of my home during the work--they cleaned it up meticulously afterward, and during the project, carefully draped the area so no dust got on my belongings. Before I hired them, David also found the exact match to my flooring--other companies I called wanted me to go searching for it, but David did that leg work for me, and it was an exact match. I couldn't be happier with how the work turned out. My father in law is a retired construction manager, and he was extremely impressed with the final product and the attention to detail in the project. David also kept me updated throughout the two days of work, which I really appreciated since I was worried about the progress. He and his guys really know what they're doing, and I'm very happy with the work they did. You would never know there was a bump there, and they left my house clean (didn't leave anything behind or intrude in any way). Real professionals. They also worked with my schedule to minimize disruptions. I would use them again.

Description of Work
There was a large bump in my bamboo flooring due to poor workmanship of prior owner...I needed floors ripped up in one area, the bump to be ground down and leveled, and new flooring to be installed.

Work Completed On 04/21/2017

04/11/2017

Lauren L.

David and his team are beyond wonderful- responsible, reliable, patient, and incredibly knowledgeable. We began working with David when we wanted to refinish our well-worn wood floors; however, we quickly hired him to do many more projects for us. From wood floor refinishing to new wood installation to tile, they do it all! And with every step, David goes above and beyond- in our case, helping me find mud room tile that I loved that was also within my budget and finding unfinished beveled wood floors so that our new kitchen floor would exactly match the floors throughout the rest of the house. The results are beautiful, and we have no regrets! I highly recommend David and Floor Coverings International.

Description of Work
Refinishing wood floors throughout house; laying new wood floor in kitchen; laying new tile in mud room; installing glass tile backsplash

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 04/01/2017

08/01/2016

Joe M.

The quality of the work was very good. We were very pleased with the outcome. The work was done on schedule and on budget based on the contract. There was only one issue. We chose this company based on the expertise of the owner, Debbie Gartner. Unfortunately, once we signed the contract, we never heard from her directly again. We only were able to deal with her associate, who often seemed overwhelmed. Debbie never checked up on the work or contacted us after it was done. And she didn't respond to e-mail questions we had afterwards. I guess we weren't important enough.

Description of Work
Hardwood floors re-finished.

Work Completed On 07/05/2016

06/06/2016

Veena G.

David Baker visited our house. Measured area to be done. Emailed in details the estimate, insurance papers, permit etc. He has a lot of patience. He accommodated all my requirements. He came with his crew and moved everything like furniture to the upstairs the garage. He asked me to check after they stained and made sure I was ok with the color. They finished the job on time. He got the house cleaned professionally. The house is very clean, without any dust. He and his crew are very punctual. He responded to my emails and phone calls sincerely. We are very happy with this company. David baker has n excellent crew and I've already recommended them to my friend. In the future, I will definitely contact him for upstairs carpet removal and top put in new carpet.

Description of Work
I hired them to do hardwood floors refinishing. They did very well.

Work Completed On 05/02/2016

05/24/2016

Linda P.

David was amazing from every perspective! We needed to have our poorly installed hardwood floor repaired and re-stained. He came to the house promptly, told us how he'd remedy the situation and created a work schedule that was convenient for us. David came on time regularly, communicated well and completed the job as promised. We cannot say enough about David's professionalism. You will be wise to do business with him.

Description of Work
Repaired a new hardwood floor that had been poorly installed by a prior contractor.

Work Completed On 05/16/2016

04/23/2016

Bernadette H.

Their team installed beautiful flooring in the basement and the master bedroom. David was great in providing us what we wanted, we will use them again for our kids bedroom.

Description of Work
Vinyl flooring in the basement and hard wood floors in the master bedroom

Work Completed On 04/06/2016

04/03/2016

Susan Z.

We have one small carpet area in the basement which was soaked with water for a while. We asked David to come over for an estimate so we could change the floor to vinyl floor. David came here on time, showed us different options and gave us his honest opinion. David later on sent out his proposal to us which was very professional, listed detailed service and had a reasonable estimate. It turned out that we may not have to change our carpet in short term based on his suggestion. We decided to wait but would certainly consider hiring him once we are ready.

Description of Work
Estimated for vinyl flooring in the basement.

Work Completed On 02/29/2016

09/27/2015

Kristen F.

David's team has done several projects in our home in the last few years. The work is done well, he is respectful of budget, and gives honest advice. He's flexible and trustworthy.

Description of Work
Demoed and removed marble tile. Installed and stained new hardwoods in foyer and hall. Stained stairs.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, marble & granite

Work Completed On 08/25/2015

08/20/2015

Wen X.

The floor was beautiful. At the end, although it's already 7:30pm Friday evening, Dave still took the time to explain how to care for the floors. Although later on we found an issue with the installation, called Dave, he came in the same day to look at the issue and his team came in next day to fix the issue. So overrall, I am very satisfied with the service and would not hesitate to hire them again!

Description of Work
Dave was on time for the estimates and explained everything to us patiently. Sent us the proposals, license/insurance information and other helpful information as promised. And later sent us some samples so that we can see how the floor would look like in our house. He came several times during the installation process and made sure everything went well.

Work Completed On 08/14/2015

07/03/2015

joanne K.

David was very helpful and explained everything. He had his crew come before the new product was shipped in order to get the old, badly smelling rug off the floor. His crew was knowledgeable, efficient, and hard-working. Everything was cleaned up and we are very happy with the new floor.

Description of Work
Removed old rugs damaged by water and replaced it with new vinyl flooring

Work Completed On 06/01/2015

06/15/2015

Leslie M.

It went very well. David came by the house and gave me an estimate for tile in the main and kitchen area and carpet for the stairs and bedroom area. My husband and I did not want to spend that much to redo the basement again so he gave us new options that better fit our budget and needs. The tile and carpet were ordered and installed a couple of weeks later and we could not be happier. It looks great and it didn't cost us and arm and a leg to do it!

Description of Work
Removed old basement carpeting, installed new tile and carpet in the area.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 06/04/2015

05/13/2015

Craig S.

Estimated accurately, performed in a timely way, excellent quality and professionalism.

Work Completed On 03/13/2015

04/07/2015

Kathy P.

I recommend David Baker to anyone and I would hire him again and again! David was prompt, professional and delivered a quality product with flawless installation. He explained the process and managed the project with daily updates and a great attention to detail. We needed floor register cover replacements and David suggested a very reasonable source and got them for us. David and his team were trustworthy and reliable. Absolutely phenomenal job!

Description of Work
Floor refinishing

Work Completed On 02/24/2015

01/27/2015

Sam K.

Jorge Ramon was amazing. He and his crew did a great job and were very professional. I would definately recommend them to anyone who needs flooring. When he found issues under the floor, he did not bury them. Instead, he spent an extra day fixing it and did not charge me a rediculous amount for extras.

Description of Work
Finished basement floor with high end carpet and hardwood.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 01/09/2015

01/05/2015

Dan C.

This was the second time I used David Baker and FCI for putting in hardwood floors. Both times, I was very pleased with the outcome. Last year we remodeled part of our first floor, changing to hardwood.. This time around, we did a full kitchen renovation, and installed hardwood floors. We redid the remainder of the first floor (kitchen, dining room, living room) to match. Some strong points of David Baker -- he is very attentive to detail, on time and willing to work with scheduling. There were a couple of details that had to be redone (blems in the finish) and there was no problem with that. On top of the other pluses, David's price was very reasonable. I would definitely use FCI again.

Description of Work
Removed old flooring and installed new hardwood floor in kitchen, dining room and living room -- total of apx. 600 sq. feet of white oak, oil finish (4 coats).

Work Completed On 12/10/2014

12/13/2014

Susan M.

This flooring company sanded my kitchen floors, buffed them, vacuumed the fine sand up, cleaned them, stained them in day one. Prior to staining, they showed us several sample patches where different colors were applied so that we could pick the one we wanted. They put down a poly sealer on day two which dries quickly. One hour later, they applied a layer of poly. On day 3, they came in and buffed the floor, vacuumed, patched, inspected, cleaned and put down the last layer of poly. Just before the last poly, they removed all of the protective plastic that was taped to all exposed areas, like cabinets, doorways, cupboards, appliances, closet items, etc. On the fourth day, they arrived right away to help inspect, touch up, talk about floor care and help us get back into the room with a few things. We did not put heavy items back in for another day. All in all, I could not use my kitchen for three days. I could not move furniture back in for four days. I felt the whole process went very well. The contract was very detailed and understandable. The price was wonderful, only around 2.25 per square foot plus tax. The punctuality and responsiveness of all the employees and the owner was top notch. The product was matched to my existing floors in the next room and the color ended up being perfect. They used an oil based poly for much longer wear. For anyone considering this process, just beware that no matter which company you choose (and I would heartily recommend this one) the fumes will be quite harsh for the two days that poly is put down, even with loads of protective layers for the doors. The heating has to stay on during the winter months, so it traveled throughout the house in the system. We had to sleep at a friend's house for those two nights. In warmer months you can open your windows to the other parts of the house. You can't open the windows in the room where the poly is going down or it will stir up the sanding on the walls and plastic drop cloths and ruin your finish. I feel that at every stage of the process, this company and its employee acted professionally, considerately and skillfully. AAA+++

Description of Work
The company I am reviewing is Floor Coverings International, owned by David Baker. They sanded off the old finish from my oak flooring and put down a stain layer followed by three layers of poly.

Work Completed On 12/12/2014

10/10/2014

Georgia M.

Not only would I recommend David Baker to anyone, but I would hire him time and time again! David was extremely prompt, professional and delivered a quality product with flawless installation. He is extremely knowledgable about flooring and helped me decide the best possible flooring for my situation. I have a rental unit and didn't want to spend too much money, but wanted a floor that still looked great and was resilient. David had great recommendations and was patient about teaching me the ins and outs of flooring. We needed the carpet pulled up (which was in horrible condition from the tenant... smelly and simply gross) and replaced with the flooring, and we needed it all done within a weekend. David was more than accomodating, ensuring that he was constantly available, put a rush on the materials, and did a phenomenal installation. He also helped with changing pieces of the baseboard that were cracked and missing. He literally took all my stress away, and I trusted him and his crew in my house while I wasn't there. Absolutely phenomenal job!

Description of Work
Removal of carpet and installation of luxury laminate flooring in a 2 bedroom condo.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 09/15/2014

06/20/2014

Barbra D.

David was fantastic! He responded right away to my inquiry and set up an appt the following week to give me an estimate. He came by and brought plenty of samples and talked me through the different options available. After choosing a few choices, David sent me over detailed estimates and I chose the one that worked the best. He set up an appt the following week to install the carpets which worked with my short turn around request. He was on sight the entire day when the work was performed and the workers did an amazing job. I would recommend them and use them again!

Description of Work
Installed new carpet in my condo.