Stetson Painting

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2006

Stetson Painting has been in the Painting Industry since 1986. We became a licensed contractor in 1994. We have 20 years experience specializing in interior/exterior, residential, multi-family and commercial new construction repaints as well as all phases of drywall. We also offer roof repair, recoating, pressure washing, specialty coatings, all types of faux painting, water proofing, stain/lacquer, acoustic repair and removal. Here at Stetson Painting, our mission is to exceed our customers expectations and satisfaction. We aim to provide high quality, professional service on the most competitive level by combining top quality products with highly skilled employees to meet our customers needs. The key to our success has been retaining quality conscientious and professional painters that accommodate all your needs. We have a staff of approximately 11 experienced painters. Most of them have been with our company for over five years....

Formula Concrete Coating

Concrete coating, Epoxy , Poly, stain .. Garages, Driveways, Patios, Walkways,Pool decks and more. Commercial and Residential..

On The Grind Floor Coatings, LLC

Family owned & operated with 12 years experience. We provide honest & quality work that we stand by! Commercial & Residential Concrete Coatings (Polished Concrete, Epoxy, Garage Chip Floors, Patio Coatings, Stain, Prep Work & Polyurea Joint Filler.) Serving all of the Phoenix area. First Responder & Military Discount! Give us a call, send a message, email or text us to schedule a free estimate!!! Zack: 602-320-3610 Jessica: 602-679-5354 Licensed, Bonded & Insured.

RAMSEY PAINTING CONTRACTOR INC

We are a fourth generation Tucson painting company that prides itself on consistent customer satisfaction! We provide professional and skillful preparation and painting of structures including: Residences Office Buildings Apartments Schools Warehouses Churches Retail Stores Our services include: Professional Interior & Exterior Painting Skilled Preparation of Surfaces Adobe Repair & Water Sealing Power Washing Elastomeric Roof Coatings StuccoRepairs Drywall Repairs & Retextures Deck Refinishing Epoxy Floor Coating Parapet Repair & Sealing Wrought Iron Painting Member of the Better Business Bureau, Southern Arizona 520 577-1514 520 529-7167 fax

03/09/2021

Daniel W.

This was the second time that we used Stetson. We needed a rush job to close out our house closing inspection report. They responded quickly, sent a quote promptly, and then completed the job on schedule with wonderful results! Highly recommended! We will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Patching stucco and painting

Category stucco,house painters

04/02/2020

Ronald S.

The result was everything I hoped for. I highly recommend Stetson Painting!

Description of Work
I hired Jerry Stetson to re-paint the exterior of my office building because his bid was very competitive. His crew was very friendly. But, more important, they were meticulous in every aspect of their work.

Category stucco,house painters

04/20/2019

Amy W.

Work was scheduled in accordance with my wishes, all questions were answered, work was performed and performed well. Excellent communication with their office and no complaints.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting including inside of back yard wall

05/29/2017

Christina S.

It did require several phone calls before I was able to schedule an appointment for an estimate. The estimator was very professional and prompt in giving me an estimate. It was the highest of the three estimates I got, and I did decide to go with a company where the principal would be on site throughout the job.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

12/28/2016

Alan B.

David and Peter spent 3 days working on our 2 story house in November 2016. They arrived on time, worked hard all day and did an excellent job. Very friendly to work with and listened to our needs and concerns. I have to say the house looks brand new with cracks and voids patched and painted. They were very careful with masking and painting as we wanted a two tone job. Not only did they do an excellent job with the job but everything was cleaned up at the end of the 3 days. We were we'll satisfied and would use Stetson painting again and will recommend it to anyone who asks.

Description of Work
Exterior stucco repair and painting

07/22/2016

ROBERT M.

Job was completed on time and in a most professional manner. Cleanup was thorough. Repair of stucco cracks was impressive.

Description of Work
Paint exterior of home.

07/24/2015

Michael M.

They were very professional. Good communications. They did a great job. Price was competitive with other bids. We highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Paint exterior of our house

06/21/2015

Jerrold S.

On the day scheduled for prep: Workers failed to arrive on time. After one hour, I called and was told a work truck failed. My Issue: Not that they had a problem but that neither owner nor his office called to tell me. I complained to owner and he took responsibility. Prep team did arrive later the same day. They did an excellent job. The next day a three man team plus foreman arrived at 7am, earlier than I expected. They went to work. The foreman consulted me often. They worked all day until 4pm. Excellent leadership. Everyone did their job well. Everything I asked for I got. All issues (mistakes) resolved. Would recommend Stetson.

Description of Work
Prepare house for exterior painting. Paint the house. Clean up. Review and complete.

12/31/2014

Michael P.

We called to inquire about the cost of having the exterior of our house painted. Mr. Stetson came out and within a few days sent us an estimate. Impressed with the cost my wife called to schedule a time for them to come out. We were originally told the job would take 2 - 3 days and that the earliest they could schedule us was the week of Christmas. We were okay with that as we needed to finish before painting started. When we scheduled the appointment we were informed that someone should be between 8:00 am - 9:00 am. The first day rolls around and no one shows up at the time told. My wife called to inquire the status and she was told it appears that the painters are in the area and should be there shortly. Some time passes and still no one shows. I called around 10:30 am or so to check status. I left a message because no one in the office picked up the line. Mr. Stetson called me back and informed me they had another job to finish up and were not planning on being there until 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm at the latest. He also explained that the only thing they were doing was washing the outside, caulking and preparing areas for painting the next day. Painters arrive and "prep" the house for painting the next day. Once I arrived home from work I noticed the majority of windows were not even caulked, which was interesting because per the contract it states windows were to be caulked. Also, noticed that the wood against the brick was not caulked either, which states in the contract would be caulked. The next morning when the painters arrive I brought these issues up. When questioned about caulking the windows he stated that he must have missed some and that some of them did not need caulking. Not sure who gets to make that decision, but all windows needed caulking. Asked about caulking the wood that meets up with the brick, was told that the wood is not that bad, but if I wanted it done he would do it. Not sure if it was even done. Our house had some bad peeling on the side of the house which caused the wood to crack. Painter said that scraping would not fix it, but through a course of painting we would not see the cracking once he was done. Well that did not happen either. They were able to paint in one day, but based on what was overheard while the painters were working the house needed more time to prep and paint than the day and a half allotted. Once they were done the painter asked me to walk around the house to see what I thought. On first glance the job appeared to be done quite well. Once I walked around and they rushed to clean up, I signed the form and they were gone. After the painters left I did another walk through. What I noticed was white primer not painted over on the under hangs, new siding not primed and painted correctly (can see the word color coming through each crease), piece of fascia not even painted, cactus broken into pieces, plants broken and trampled (even after I cut them back to give them ample room to move around), painted rock because they did not cover it properly, etc., etc. The contract even states they will clean-up and leave things in pre-paint fashion. That wasn't the case. They cleaned their stuff in my front yard leaving white/grey paint on the rock and dirt, a hole on the side yard that my dog dug has paint poured in it, trash and debris left around the house. After the holiday I e-mailed Mr. Stetson and sent him pictures of the issues I had. The following day the painter who painted my house was knocking on my door at 8:30 am. No call from anyone telling me they were stopping by. I answer the door and he states he is there to "fix" the areas that needed to be fixed. I explained to him I was explicit in my email that I would fix it myself. He says will can't you show me what needs to be fixed. I walked out the door, and point out the cable wire that goes down the front of my house. Once side is painted the other side is black. How do you miss something like that???!!!! He said nothing. He said he looked over the fence and noticed they did not move the dirt back on the east side of the house. I told him I was not even concerned about that. Funny thing is I moved the dirt for them to make it easier for them. Painter again stated he wanted to see what needed to be fixed because he wants us to be happy. Should have done it right the first time and if he felt that there was not enough time to complete the job on time then they should have asked. Again I told him I would fix it myself. Never once did Mr. Stetson call or respond to my e-mail. He sends the painter out without giving me notice that someone was coming out. I guess why would I expect notice when they did not have the sense to notify the customer that they were going to be late to even start the job. My wife and I did our research before selecting this company. Our friends used them and recommended them highly. I read reviews on here and while some did not have a pleasant experience, most were satisfied. While a fresh coat of paint has transformed our house, I believe this company just rushed the job to get the money. Granted, the yard is in the process of being redone, I guess they thought they could clean their tools and leave paint and trash everywhere. Maybe if I lived in the foothills it would have been different. Overall, just not satisfied with the attention to detail, the care a homeowner expects when people do work on their home not to trash their plants and leave a mess. For the amount of money paid, I was hoping for a better experience, but I guess my expectations were to high. Look for someone else to paint your house, I wish I would have. Update: noticed the paint peeling off the metal flashing after a cold spell. Jerry called back and said this was normal and he would be out to fix it. Also discovered that the stains that were on the underhangs (which was promised we would not see again) are coming through. Hopefully when (or if) Jerry comes out to fix the flashing he will see firsthand the issues i am talking about. 2/6/15 - Met with Jerry approximately two weeks ago to discuss the issues stated above. Jerry was very candid in his responses and was more than willing to correct the issues to ensure that I was satisfied. Jerry and I walked the house and created a list of things that needed to be fixed. The painters came back today and fixed everything that was discussed. The house looks good and I am pleased with the results. Looking back, I should have handled the way I conveyed my initial dissatisfaction totally differently because it would have caused less headaches and I would have achieved the same outcome of what was achieved today. On my own accord I raised their rating from a "D" to and "A".

Description of Work
Exterior house paint

Category house painters

[Member name removed]: Stetson Painting wants you to be a satisfied customer and will work with you until you are satisfied with the job. Until reading your email with photos, we had nothing from you other than a quality control sign off sheet that indicated that the job was done to your satisfaction. The day that we started your job we were a bit behind schedule due to the extensive rain Tucson was experiencing in December. Our contracts always have a clause for weather delays due to the nature of the painting business. The first day for your job was not scheduled for a full day, because the prep was not expected to take a full day. The contract states that we will caulk areas exposed to weather, however, our painters were happy to do extra caulking at your request at no extra charge. My painters are trained to work efficiently and quickly to keep the cost down for the consumer. I never want them to rush through a job or cleanup. I want my customers to be 100% satisfied, and for that reason, send the painters back to fix or complete items that are not done to satisfaction. The quality control sheet that you sign is primarily to get the homeowner to go over the job and cleanup before the painters leave the job. We are always willing to come back if things are found at a later date. We came back to fix the items the same day that we received your email, the Monday after Christmas, after being closed for several days. You stated that you would fix the items yourself, however, since you paid us to do the job, we did not feel comfortable with having you do so. We apologize that we did not call in advance to coming out, but my intentions were in the right place. I did not want a paying customer to do the work himself. We were eager to fix the problems that you had with your job. We did not take the time that we should have to call and schedule with you. We treat all of our customers the same regardless of the area of town or property type. Paint can cover and protect a surface however, it can’t completely restore old wood and extensive paint layers in masonry. I will be taking some time now that the holidays have passed to review the “clean up” process with my painters so that they get it right the first time, all the time. Thank you for your feedback as I will be utilizing for better customer satisfaction in the future. I have a scheduled meeting with you per your request coming up and hopefully it will result in a positive update. Jerry Stetson Stetson Painting

03/17/2014

Peter B.

They were okay. The guy that came was not the guy we have been in contact with. I e-mailed all three bidders that we got, and they were the only ones that actually called back and it was actually three days later. Once they made the appointment, they were good.

Description of Work
We got an estimate from Stetson Painting for a roofing project.

Interior & exterior painting, roof coating, all phases of drywall, floor epoxy painting ,stucco repairs, acoustic ceiling removal, waterproofing, and power washing.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express