Wohlers Heating & Air Conditioning Corp

Founded 1991 • With Angi since March 2007

351 Progress Dr

Cottage Grove, WI 53527

Wohlers Heating & AC Corp is a customer focused heating and air-conditioning company that was originally started in 1991. Located in Cottage Grove, WI, we employ highly trained people whose goal is to make our company the best service company in Dane County Wisconsin. Our company specializes in

09/01/2017

Barbara G.

Called and they sent a tech out the next day to inspect the AC. Tech suggested I replace both the AC and Furnace at the same time to save money. Recommended a more energy efficient Rheem model and gave me a price quote with two options. (one slightly more energy efficient than the other). I called a friend who is an out of state licensed and union HVAC installer to get his opinion on the price quoted, model, etc. He said the price was very good and that they quoted all the right specs for the size of the house, etc. I scheduled the install for the next week. Two techs came out and were right on time. They put drop cloths down to protect my carpet, got the job done that afternoon. (I don't even think they stopped for lunch). Tech provided an energy saving document for me to mail in to qualify for a $125 rebate. Company had already filled out all of the paperwork for me and even included a self addressed stamped envelope - making it super easy for me to apply for the rebate. The company also removed the $74 service charge (which I had paid initially to have the first tech come out to diagnose the problem). Units seem to work great and now we don't have to worry about not having heat this winter. Will definitely hire this company again to provide yearly maintenance. Nice that they're also based right in Cottage Grove! (hire local) :-)

Description of Work
Had furnace and central air conditioning unit replaced. The AC unit was starting to go (both were original to the house and were over 20 years old).

01/22/2016

Michael M.

Description of Work
Evaluated leaking air conditioner. Fixed quickly and did thorough evaluation and cleaning. Very professional.

11/27/2015

Vicki H.

Description of Work
I had them check two furnaces at two properties. The cost was $102.34 each not the $49. Recommended I replace one furnace. Still going strong so I'll give it more time.

10/22/2015

Chad W.

Description of Work
Replace furnace and air conditioner. It went well.

07/20/2015

Karin L.

Description of Work
They serviced air conditioner-cleaned, checked temperature & output, etc. Provider explained reason for each service & will be sending a print out of the AC's rating. I would rate them as excellent & will them recommend to friends.

07/20/2015

Gerardo L.

Description of Work
Smoth

06/30/2015

Heidi S.

Description of Work
The guy didn't really need to fix anything as it turned out. It was just a litter wire than came undone on thermostat. He was nice and all, but I wished he hadn't charged 100 bucks just for that

02/16/2015

Jeffrey G.

They were very good. They found the problem and fixed it pretty quickly. I would probably recommend them.

Description of Work
We had our furnace repaired recently by Wohlers.

10/21/2014

Lindsay C.

We purchased the deal to have Wohlers diagnose a problem with our furnace. The furnace is only a year old but was cycling on and off repeatedly when we first turned it on for the fall/winter. They came the next day after we called them and fixed the issue. They honored the deal for the diagnostic call ($49) and then we paid additional money for labor to fix our problem ($102 additional for services). Because the furnace is new, the parts they installed were under warranty and did not cost us anything out of pocket.

Description of Work
Diagnose and repair furnace.

10/09/2014

Matthew R.

Wohlers installed a central air conditioning system for us last fall. They did a superb job and it worked very well this summer!

Description of Work
Installation of AC

08/18/2014

Mary E.

After checking the units, he found that the a/c unit needed freon and that I had a plugged drain line. Keith made the repairs. I liked that before he made any repairs he discussed all the options with me. He also replaced the Aprilaire filter that I had sitting there without being asked :) The receipt was very detailed even listing the model #'s and serial numbers.

Description of Work
He checked my furnace and a/c unit.

08/11/2014

Lydia W.

They were really great! It was $3200 and they were able to work with us on financing. One thing that I was really impressed with was they had a spokesperson that I ended up working with a lot. She had my phone number and called me because we were trying to work through our home warranty program. She bent the truth in our favor a lot to help us get the most out of our warranty from them and was very much an advocate for us. She didn't want us to get anything substandard from them so she said whatever she had to say to them to make sure they will give us the full cost of the refund. She was just very personable and we were basically at a first-hand basis by the end of it because we ended targeting her so much about the install and financing and had a lot of questions for her. We didn't exactly shop around but their price seemed pretty fair, especially since they were able to work with us on financing. They were very responsive; they came out the next day.

Description of Work
We had an emergency situation in the winter and we ended up going with Wohlers. They actually ended up completely replacing our furnace.

07/01/2014

Shankara S.

The scheduling, diagnosis and completion of the job went very smoothly. The nature of the job itself wasn't that complicated, so I guess they did good on the services they list they provide! Servicemen were courteous and quick.

Description of Work
Replaced the compressor for the air conditioner.

03/03/2014

Jacob T.

They were great. We woke up one morning, in November when it was first getting really cold, to a cold house with no heating. They were able to come out within a few hours, get the part, and fix our boiler.

Description of Work
Fixed our boiler

12/22/2013

Helen J.

I used WOHLERS HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING

Description of Work
I used WOHLERS HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING

10/09/2013

Jenny J.

They came out and were right on time. The tech was very polite. Job well done.

Description of Work
Wohlers came out and did the yearly maintenance on our furnace.

08/08/2013

David P.

The estimator (Dave) came a week or 10 days before the work was performed. He sent us an estimate, which we accepted. We told him we would be out of town for a few days and when we would return. The workmen showed up promptly on the day after we returned, and did the installation that day. They also removed our window air conditioner at our request, and did not charge us for that service.

Description of Work
Installed 2 ton Rudd A/C unit & Aprilaire thermostat, including sheet metal work, wiring, and condensate piping.

03/31/2012

Jon H.

They are very friendly, and they try to help you on the phone before they come out.

Description of Work
I use them for my heating and air conditioning needs.

03/06/2012

David P.

My wife thought she smelled a gas odor (I had a cold and couldn't smell anything). I called Wohler's, and a serviceman came over promptly. He checked not only the furnace but the gas oven and all the gas pipes, and could find no leaks. Wohler's installed our furnace in 1997, and we always call them when we need furnace work done.

Description of Work
Checked our furnace, oven, and gas pipes for leaks

11/07/2011

Sanger P.

They were okay; I was not excited or impressed. The response time was fine it was just my general feeling that the estimator was more a salesperson than a knowledgeable technical person. I wanted to speak with someone who was more knowledgeable about the technical parts of the system. I went with somebody else for this project and will not have them quote again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Wohler's Heating & Air Conditioning to bid on replacing my HVAC system.

07/06/2010

Lynette J.

It's never been any problem at all.

Description of Work
I've used Warren for over 15 years. They put in my new furnace years ago, change the filter and service it every year and have always been easy to reach on the phone and came right away. Good folks. Everybody I've recommended them to has been happy too.

12/24/2008

Matthew C.

The blower on my furnace went out and so the heat was not being pushed throughout the house. The technician came in, identified the problem right away and began work. He did not have the part with him, so I did have to pay for the time driving to the part store which was not discussed, but I guess it is an assumed fee. The technician fixed the unit, and our heat was back to blowing strong and hot. The only small gripe I have with the company is that during the technician's time at work, etc. no one explained their hourly rate and their standard fees. I know the pricing was accurate for the work performed, but I would have liked a heads up to have a ballpark figure in my head before the technician was finished and handing me a bill. Other than that, the work was quick, professional, and I haven't had a problem since.

Description of Work
Initial diagnostic or troubleshooting of heater to identify the problem, and replacement of bad blower motor on furnace.

10/09/2008

Mary A.

They were very accommodating as far as arranging an appointment to fit my schedule. They tried to schedule the appointment so that I would be eligible for a rebate. The rebate was available through our utility company. The service person was very punctual, business like and answered questions about the system. He alerted me to potential problems down the line, but did not think that it was advisable yet to replace them. He also did a good job of cleaning up afterwards.

Description of Work
They inspected the furnace and air conditioner. They cleaned the condensing coil and cabinet of the AC. They also added refrigerant to the AC.

03/27/2008

Jenny F.

They did a fantastic job. It took them 2 hrs with two workers to complete the job. We got quotes from 3 different places and Wohler's came in the cheapest by quite a bit. I definitely would recommend them.

Description of Work
We had 3 supply vents and 1 return vent installed in our basement.

10/29/2007

STEPHANIE M.

They were very friendly. They were prompt in responding to our needs. They are honest and straight forward. They helped us every step of the way. The woman even gave me her cell phone number in case I needed to contact her. It was very cold out and our previous furnace had quit completely.

Description of Work
They installed a furnace (gas).

Seasonal Survival

$75.00 trip fee Regular or Weekend Veteran owned Family Business Senior and Veteran discount 35 years in HVAC trade.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Clark Heating & Cooling

Clark Heating & Cooling offers American standard & Bryant heating & cooling products. We could offer many other brands but we feel these two offer the best balance of features, benefits, reliability, warranty coverage and overall value. As we say, the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten. We are an American standard customer care dealer which means we go above & beyond to ensure a great experience with Clark heating. We have many times been recognized as "dealer of the year" for providing unmatched service. We've accomplished this by maintaining customer satisfaction rating of over 98%. Contact us today, we'd love to make you a satisfied customer too.

Cardinal Heating & Air Conditioning

Since 1984, Cardinal Heating & Air Conditioning has provided the Sun Prairie, WI area exceptional heating, air conditioning, Electrical and plumbing services; it’s no wonder they were voted Best Heating and Cooling company in Sun Prairie for 6 years straight! Offering professional technicians, same day installations and 24 hour service among other things make them the right choice for any HVAC or plumbing job. Call today to schedule your next appointment!

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Free Estimates for replacements not service calls.
    MasterCard, Visa, Check, Financing Available, Discover

Heating & AC sales, Service & Installation, Gas Furnaces, Geothermal, Humidifiers, Air Cleaner, Thermostats, HRV fresh air systems, Fireplaces, Duct Cleaning, and Furnace Filters.