VISTA GARDENS

Founded 1995 • With Angi since March 2006

Vista Gardens is your premiere local landscape company. We will treat your landscape with the utmost care and assure your satisfaction while we make your dreams reality. We can take care of your hardscape and landscape installation from start to finish. We look forward to hearing from you to

lawn care (79)lawn & landscaping (44)hardscaping (20)tree service (17)stone & gravel (8)mulch delivering (8)leaf removal (8)excavating (5)masonry (4)lawn treatment (4)drain pipe installation (2)fence company (1)

04/27/2022

Paul L.

Couldn't have gone better. I found Rodrigo on Angi, but then discovered that several of our neighbors had used him and loved him. We were going to get multiple bids but after talking with him, he was so nice, knowledgeable, and reasonably priced that we decided to go ahead on his removing the concrete. We then came up with the idea of using that concrete as a broken concrete entryway path and decided to have him do that as well when our backyard unit was finished. Couldn't have made a better choice. He's creative, conscientious, meticulous, notices things that we hadn't thought of and just a terrific person to work with. Our broken concrete entryway has different colored stones in between and it looks great, a wonderful entrance to the new house. Rodrigo also did a surface for a bike shed we're building and a walkway to and platform for a hot tub. We'd recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
We were building a backyard rental house and needed the concrete removed below the old carport and the upper part of our driveway. Rodrigo did this at the beginning and then after the house was finished, came back and created a beautiful broken concrete walkway using our old concrete with multicolored stones in between the broken concrete pavers. He also built a walkway to a hot tub and a platform for the hot tub, and a gravel base for a bike shed and tool shed that we're building.

Category excavators, landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/26/2022

Review for VISTA GARDENS - 3015 SW 106TH ST, Seattle, WA - 39711994

05/20/2021

Leetza P.

Rodrigo & team have been providing gardening services for me for a decade now, on a relatively small scale. I'd hired a residential designer to craft a design for a backyard living space, and Rodrigo was my first thought for putting it into action. The team excavated/leveled the space for a flagstone patio and a to-be-installed gazebo. So much care was taken to prep the space, make the ground level, and follow the measurements. They laid the flagstone beautifully. They also built a retaining wall, providing some much-needed planting space. Finally, they laid down new grass, weed-blocker, and wood chips, providing the foundation for me to go crazy at nurseries this summer. I have a few friends who are very experienced with construction, etc., and they all have made special note of how the quality of this work. Note: this was NOT an easy feat from a labor, as 3-4 tons of materials had to be hauled by hand/wheelbarrow from my driveway to the back. I appreciate that they're still talking to me!

Description of Work
Backyard hardscape/landscape transformation

Category excavators, landscaping, lawn service, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/19/2021

05/16/2020

Bo P.

Rodrigo and his crew are punctual and professional. The backyard is very well done and the cost is very fair compared to the other two I have quoted. Definitely will hire again for any landscaping project.

Description of Work
backyard regrading and hardscape installation

Category excavators, landscaping, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/16/2020

06/21/2019

Karesa P.

Rodrigo and his crew did a wonderful job. He was very competitive on pricing and was willing to do the job, even though there were access issues that made the job more physically demanding. He was timely, completed the job quickly, and went above and beyond what I had asked for. I would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Retaining Wall

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/07/2019

01/18/2019

James C.

Rodrigo is awesome! Planned design and recommended which plants worked well in my backyard.

Description of Work
Clean up and planting of garden

Work Completed On 05/08/2018

Review for VISTA GARDENS - 3015 SW 106TH ST, Seattle, WA - 37663681

08/03/2018

Renee M.

ll the story of your project by giving details about the specific work done and your overall experience. Providing photos, project cost and project details will help other members evaluate and hire the right service provider for their job.

Description of Work
What work did you do

Work Completed On 08/03/2018

05/05/2018

Brian S.

Vista did a great job. We wanted everything to be pruned and trimmed organically rather than geometrically and they did the entire yard in a day.

Description of Work
Full landscaping cleanup including several trees and bushes.

Work Completed On 05/05/2016

09/25/2017

Mike D.

Got the estimate on the timeline promised, they worked me into their schedule and preformed the work on time. They removed debris from the yard including some tree logs I did not expect removed but was pleased to see them gone. They weeded, cleaned up all areas, spread bark in the designated areas. In addition they did some tree trimming that I think went above and beyond.

Description of Work
In preparing to sell our house the yard needed to be cleaned up, debris hauled away, weeded and bark spread out in many areas.

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, mulch, tree service

Work Completed On 09/18/2017

09/23/2017

Peter W.

Excellent, fulfilled all responsibilities in a timely manner, Rodrigo is a fantastic communicator and you will be overjoyed to have him oversee your projects.

Description of Work
Excavation this time, and oversaw plant beds and set the stage for boulder placement, water feature and sandstone staircase.

Category excavators, landscaping, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 09/02/2017

Review for VISTA GARDENS - 3015 SW 106TH ST, Seattle, WA - 36297516

07/12/2017

Peter W.

The work has gone according to plan and the results are beautiful. Great contractor to work with.

Description of Work
Excavation, leveling and grading of hillside. Design and placement of large rocks and gravel to stablize hillside. Designed and installed a patio.

Category excavators

Work Completed On 07/08/2017

11/23/2015

robert H.

They showed up on time and finished a little later then expected. I would use them again

Description of Work
Complete clean up of the yard. Major hedge and tree trimming. Very professionally done and the clean up was immaculate

Work Completed On 08/27/2015

10/17/2015

Charlie A.

I've used them before and they've always done a fantastic job. Other vendors often do an OK job, but especially for weeding and cleanup you can see areas where a few stragglers are still there. Not so here. I can't imagine the amount of time spent pulling every single weed. The area is always clean and neatly raked. Rodrigo sometimes is slow in calling back, but when you set a date he is always punctual.

Description of Work
Very thorough job of weeding and cleanup of a really overgrown section of my yard.

Work Completed On 05/14/2015

04/30/2015

CHUCK W.

They come out every week and they do a good job.

Description of Work
Vista Gardens do my yard work. They mow, fertilize, trim, and anything that needs to be done.

Work Completed On 04/28/2015

10/13/2014

Julia E.

Regular maintenance provided for several months. Crew is friendly and on time.

Description of Work
general landscaping and maintenance include lawn care, trimming of trees/shrubs, blowing and racking. Regular maintenance provided for several months. Crew is friendly and on time.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 01/15/2014

08/16/2014

Eric H.

The contractor was very professional, responsive, and conscientious. He did an excellent job and we could not be more satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
Built a retaining wall and drainage system. This included clearing out part of the existing landscaping and preparing the yard for new landscaping.

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/07/2012

06/19/2014

MARK B.

All went very well. Rodrigo is very responsive and punctual. He and his crew came and trimmed some very tall Leland Cypress hedges that were overdue and getting close to some overhead wires. During the process, we had a hedge part that needed to be removed for vehicle access during an upcoming remodeling project and they were able to do it on the spot. They cleaned up after they were done and hauled everything away. I was very pleased at the job and value I received versus trying to do it myself. definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Trimmed and pruned Bushes and trees,

Work Completed On 04/18/2014

06/12/2014

Jen P.

Everything went really well. They came out quickly and did a very thorough job. They exceeded expectations.

Description of Work
We used Vista Gardens in September and again in early May. They did a lot of pruning, weeding and overall cleaning of the yard.

Work Completed On 05/01/2014

05/30/2014

azizi J.

We met on the 14th they were a little higher than I had paid in the past. We agreed he could come and mow the lawn the next day. We agreed on bid for pruning, mowing, topping and other gardening. The man that gave me the bid was not the person who came out the next day. They missed the parking strip all together. The men that came, did what was called a high low job. The gentleman I spoke with argued with me about whether the men that came out had mowed the strip or not. I asked that he come out to confirm for himself whether or not it was done. We set up an appointment for Friday. I let him know when I would be available. I waited for him and waited and then I called him. He said he had come out when I specifically said I was unavailable. We agreed he would come back out when I would be available. We set yet another appointment for Sunday and he was a no show. I hadn't heard from him until he ended up showing up at my house on Thursday after I had already had someone else do the work for me. He was shocked that I had someone else do the work after not showing up on Sunday and not calling me. He was completely unreliable.

Description of Work
Mowed the yard

Work Completed On 05/22/2014

03/31/2014

Jennifer T.

I think the estimate was about $500. We decided against them. He seemed really busy. It was difficult to get a hold of him. We missed him at one point and then finally we were able to meet up. He seemed like he really knew what was going on in the area and what was applicable to his job so he was knowledgeable and I imagine that's why he was so busy. Like I said he was difficult to get a hold off so the professionalism was a little iffy on that but when he showed up and meet with us he was really knowledgeable.

Description of Work
We got an estimate from Vista Gardens for trimming some bushes, cleaning up and just doing general lawn care.

Work Completed On 05/15/2013

01/29/2014

Bonnie T.

They pruned our trees out here and were excellent. It was about 3 years ago. It costs $150. It was very good.

Description of Work
I used Vista Gardens for tree service.

Category tree service

Work Completed On 06/13/2012

12/06/2013

Jackie P.

They were pretty good and pretty quick. They showed up on time and got the job done. They did a lot of work and they were on time which was important in a rental house but I did not speak with them personally.

Description of Work
I used Vista Gardens in mid-summer for some yard work in one of my rental houses such as pruning and weeding.

Work Completed On 07/31/2013

11/13/2013

Rob H.

Did a great job on the hedges, they were really overgrown so it was a big job. Also did a really nice job edging, weeding and reseeding our front yard. They were punctual and it was a good price for the amount of work done.

Description of Work
Trimmed back two hedges and cleaned up and reseeded front yard.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 10/10/2013

10/20/2013

Peter W.

It went perfectly, because the owner is completely accountable even if he has fellow staff take over every once in awhile, and has been since the day he started to work for us. After living here in Normandy Park for 28 years in the same location we have tried a number of different lawn and garden companies to help us in our yard. Rodrigo is a kind respectful man and we trust him to get the work done in the short period of time he is here every week. He and his crew continue to demonstrate a very high level of professionalism at a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Two very qualified gardeners, including the owner, removed leaves, weeded our gardens (without hurting our precious flowers!), trimmed, weed whacked and continued the ongoing maintenance they perform on our property on a weekly basis. He keeps our property looking great when we do not have the time.

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, tree service