Pristine Sweeps LLC

Founded 2008 • With Angi since July 2009

8017 16th Ave NE

Seattle, WA 98115

Pristine Sweeps, LLC is a fully certified CSIA certified chimney sweep and repair company. Dedicated to education, Pristine Sweeps prides itself on making sure our customers needs are met and exceeded on every job. We are dedicated to customer service and pride ourselves on only using the highest quality products and repair methods....

01/04/2019

Glenna B.

Very well. They were on time and very professional.

Description of Work
They swept the chimney.

02/27/2018

Josh L.

They did a great job at cleaning the chimney, it was well worth the money. They were very professional, kept everything clean, and were in and out pretty fast. The only thing I did not like is that they were strongly trying to up-sell me on paying for more services, including pretty much rebuilding my chimney, going as far as to use some scare tactics (e.g. your chimney might fall over if we get too much snow or ice). Sure my chimney could use some work, but its not about to fall over... Great service if you dont mind saying no to the up-sell.

Description of Work
Needed the chimney cleaned.

02/21/2018

ric C.

The inspection missed one important point: the ridge on top of the crown where the chimney cap fits on had totally crumbled off. This was not reported in the inspection report. Consequently, since the crown was flat at the time and we had heavy rain the water came down the chimney opening. The headshield is a cheaper alternative, I would probably go with relining the flue with stainless steel.

Description of Work
Did inspection and installed heatshield cerfactory foam smoke chamber

01/18/2018

James P.

Aaron was very knowledgable and professional. He helped me understand our options. We plan to hire him for some repairs when the weather permits.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection

Category chimney repair,fireplaces

09/13/2017

Dale T.

Apparently they only do caps. We didn't like the metal bird cage option suggested and the concrete cap seemed over priced when compared to a total chimney replacement.

Description of Work
Restore chimney cap and assess chimney integrity for repair or replacement.

Category chimney sweep,masonry,chimney caps

07/12/2017

Bernadette P.

Aaron was actually early for my appt. He was very friendly, thorough, and knowledgable. Aaron explained everything he was looking at and what his thoughts were on fireplace. Basically my fireplace was not built to code and well non functional. Aaron suggested other ways I could utilize the fireplace I.E. installing a pot belly stove. He also did not charge me for his work since there really is nothing to be done to save the fireplace. Cannot recommend Aaron and Pristine Sweeps highly enough and would definitely use again-

Description of Work
I have a very old outbuilding fireplace/chimney. We wanted to start using the fireplace so I scheduled inspection with Pristine Sweeps.

Category chimney sweep,masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

05/08/2017

Joe V.

We purchased the chimney sweep and inspection deal. The contractor was running a bit late, but called with plenty of time for me to accommodate. The technician showed up, completed the cleaning and inspection, gave a detailed run down of the condition of the fireplace and talked through options. The work was professional and clean, and I'd definitely recommend Pristine Sweeps.

Description of Work
chimney sweep / inspection

05/05/2017

Terri B.

It was difficult to find a day for them to come do the work, and often they would cancelled twice at the last minute or just reschedule the job via email. Very impersonal. Eventually, they found a day when two repairman could be here together, and the weather cooperated allowing them to complete the job. However, the invoice was not exactly the quoted price - off by $50 which they changed immediately when I showed them my verbal quote via the phone. So ultimately the job got done for the price I was quoted, but it was a month long process. The workers and office staff where extremely polite, professional, and knowledgeable about their job, but getting the work done was a bit of a frustration.

Description of Work
Installed 3 chimney caps on the top of my two chimneys.

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps

04/10/2017

Adam F.

It went great. The caps were installed on the day we agreed on.

Description of Work
Capped two chimneys. Got an offer and had the caps installed without needing to be at home. Great service and easy to work with.

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps

10/28/2016

Melissa K.

Work was completed well and on time. Evaluation of chimney condition was reasonable and informative.

Description of Work
Chimney Sweep of a double chimney

09/30/2016

David C.

The price was competitive and great. He should hire more employees. He is booked up all the time.

Description of Work
They were the people who swept my chimney.

02/06/2016

Scott P.

Found fireplace box was missing many parts that made it unsafe to use. Was supposed to have a cleaning but since it was not usable bypassed that.

Description of Work
Inspection of fireplace.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair,fireplaces

02/01/2016

Richard K.

Made everything neat and tidy. Took video of interior of chimney, explained what I was looking at, and what it meant. No high pressure sales talk.

Description of Work
Cleaned, inspected fireplace and chimney.

01/31/2016

David Z.

We have a rental with a very old chimney and were concerned about tenants burning wood fires, as we weren't sure if it was safe anymore. Owner Aaron Woodward's technician partner came out to the house, did an inspection of the firebox and chimney, both from the ground floor and from the rooftop down. He found that our chimney was split in half to vent the fireplace separately from the water heater and furnace. Both sides of the chimney were unlined and showed signs of decay in the masonry and mortar, and thus the fireplace was unsafe to burn wood fires in as it could catch the framing of the house on fire. He also found that we were missing flashing where the chimney meets the roof and could result in leaks. All of this was documented with photos and within a half hour we had a full report complete with diagrams showing our chimney setup and all of the recommended actions. Though we could not afford to line the chimney with a class A vent, Aaron kindly encouraged us to instead install a gas fireplace insert, which would not require as expensive a venting system. This showed his honesty as he does not install inserts or venting for them, and was essentially referring us to find another person , helping save us lots of money. In addition, Aaron kindly worked with us to resolve another financial issue. He is an honest person who knows his trade very well, and all current code that will keep a fireplace in safe working order. I wouldn't recommend anyone else for chimney repair, cleaning, maintenance, lining, etc. Thanks, Aaron, for being so great to work with.

Description of Work
Performed inspection of our old chimney.

Category chimney sweep,masonry,roofing,chimney repair,fireplaces,gas logs

11/20/2015

James W.

I can't really remember all that was done. The chimney attached to the wood stove was in pretty poor condition with loose blocks. The company replaced the bad blocks and re-pointed the rest and did a nice neat job.

Description of Work
Cleaned and rebuilt the outside chimney

Category chimney sweep,masonry,chimney repair,fireplaces

11/09/2015

Douglas D.

They did a much better job than the previously recommended Angie's List provider and actually discovered damage done to the chimney by the previous year's Chimney Sweep (C&H). They were very good vs. the competition, so were worth the higher cost.

Description of Work
Clean/Inspected Chimney

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair

10/23/2015

ric C.

There was a mix up in responding to my queries about receiving my safety report, but once received I found it very informative.

Description of Work
Chimney sweep/safety check

10/23/2015

Carie R.

Excellent service - on-time, knowledgeable, responsive to Angie's List purchase and scheduling process - A+++ Would definitely recommend Pristine Sweeps.

Description of Work
Clean, GoPro camera and regular inspection of chimney, provided advice on fix we can do ourselves to prevent future $10k repair cost.

09/16/2015

Christopher M.

They were a little late on scheduled arrival at 8 am (Seattle traffic, so hard to fault). Aaron the owner and one colleague were the crew. Very professional, explained what he was going to do. Clean and quick. Because we have an older chimney, he diagnosed a few issues and recommended solutions, but wasn't pushing them by any means. Took about 90 minutes total. He provides an electronic report with photos after the inspection, which is very helpful to have to share with your spouse or others for future work. I'll definitely use them again for any future cleanings.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection, sweep, and dryer duct cleaning.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair,dryer vent cleaning

09/08/2015

Shari S.

Work was performed as expected. Great job!

Description of Work
fix crack in chimney

08/31/2015

Michele E.

Pristine Sweeps came out on a Angie's List deal and inspected the chimney and brick on the house and provided an estimate of work to repair chimney and brick on house. It was scheduled and they arrived on time on the agreed upon day. The work took place over 4.5 consecutive days. They were professional and completed the work on schedule. We just had our first big rain in Seattle and the water sealing worked as promised. I would use them again.

Description of Work
remove old mortar and install new mortar on brick chimney and install new concrete crown, remove old mortar and install new mortar on back side of brick home, then apply water sealing on chimney and back side brick, replace broken bricks and replace brick on an old patch job that was mis-matched.

Category chimney sweep,masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair

08/11/2015

Jeff C.

I am very pleased with the service provided by Aaron and his Pristine Sweeps team. They removed moss and sealed 6 chimney's at our property in Redmond. There was a little bit of confusion on my part regarding what the scope of work covered initially, but they were very responsive and made sure my expectations were met. Thanks!

Description of Work
Removed moss and sealed 6 chimneys on two houses on our property.

07/27/2015

Christen B.

It was fine. I had to pay taxes in addition to the big deal price. The reason I picked them is because they had the CSIA certification. The thing that irritated us was that we had just painted the laundry room and they left a black imprint on it. Other than that, everything else was okay.

Description of Work
It was a big deal purchase for a chimney sweep. They inspected both chimneys, cleaned one chimney, and then cleaned a drier vent.

06/24/2015

Mike C.

Two guys managed to get the extremely heavy insert out of the house and into the back of their van without causing any damage or injury. They worked together to perform the chimney inspections and then to install the caps. One of them then explained the operation of the damper replacement/cap combination unit (required due to the original damper being disabled when the insert was installed more than 30 years ago). Everything was cleaned up and left in excellent condition. I did all of this in order to jump one of the many hurdles put in the way of my getting a quote from the Costco sponsored Ameriprise auto and home insurance company, to no avail.

Description of Work
Removed the old Lopi insert, inspected both chimneys, installed chimney cap, installed chimney cap/damper replacement, advised regarding crack repairs and sealing.

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair

06/16/2015

Julia G.

This is work that was recommended based on a home inspection from when we bought our home last year. Pristine Sweeps first came to provide an estimate in March, but they were booking out until June. That was fine with me, as there was no emergency. They called in advance the day of to tell me when they were arriving, and completed the work efficiently. They left no mess, and it looks good from what I can tell. The workers were friendly and polite.

Description of Work
Removed moss from chimney, installed waterproofing

Category chimney sweep,roofing,roof cleaning

Washington Energy Services

Washington Energy Services has been helping homeowners throughout Western Washington save money and live more comfortably since 1957. As one of the largest home improvement companies in the Seattle-Tacoma area, we are able to provide you with top quality products and services, installed by our professional craftsmen. Our free in-home estimates ensure you get the right product for your home. We'll be with you through all aspects of your project-from the purchase decision, expert installation, quality maintenance and service and even warranty work should you need it. We assist with permits and rebates, too. Give Washington Energy Services a call today to learn more or to schedule your service.

Superior Stone Manufacturing

Superior Stone Manufacturing and Masonry. Since 2007. Specializing in Chimney Repair, tuck pointing, Chimney Cap Repair, Fireplace refacing, Installation of stone and stone veneer on front entries, masonry walls, pavers, outdoor fireplace and pizza ovens, Fireplace cleaning, and pressure washing. Thank you we really appreciate your business

Spencer Construction

Masonry Services, Chimney Repair, Tile Flooring, BBQ's, Firepits. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

Chimney Sweeping & Inspections, Chimney Liners, Masonry, Rebuilds, Renovations, & Restorations, Chimney Leaks, Fireplace Facelift

Gas Fireplace Service, Stove Sales