CASCADE MOVING & STORAGE INC

Founded 1978 • With Angi since August 2005

430 S CLOVERDALE ST

Seattle, WA 98108

Family run, full service moving company providing packing, moving & storage services since 1978. Specializing in large to small local moves and West Coast moves, antiques, fine art, assisted living facilities, piano moving & interstate relocation. What sets us apart from our competition is, we move each customer individually verus truck sharing for numerous moves....

06/29/2021

Stephen N.

Used Cascade Moving for a move from a one bedroom apartment to a 3 story townhome. The experience was excellent, starting from the response time of Rebecca, the Office Manager, to the in-home written estimate, the flexible move scheduling and the moving services itself. Eric is the owner, and he personally came to our apartment to review the job. He ended up being incredibly accurate with how many boxes would be required and how long the job would take. He was also very charming and a pleasure to have in our home. They don't do estimates over web or phone, which at first I didn't like, but I'm sold on the principle now. The rate was a tad on the high side, but my wife and I felt it was worth every penny. We paid for packing services as well as moving services. Kendall and Mike wrapped everything thoroughly in packing paper and nothing ended up getting broken. They used packing blankets to protect doors and floors. They were also very respectful of our home and belongings, and friendly with our cat. On move day the movers and arrived slightly and got to work immediately. They worked incredibly **** ** a historically hot day. They were thoughtful about what got packed and asked when they were unsure. They got our belongings to our new place quickly and carefully and were thoughtful about where to put everything. Again, they were friendly despite the scorching weather and hard work. Moving can be incredibly stressful and expensive, and we're very glad we chose to work with Cascade. It helped made the process as smooth as possible.

Description of Work
Packing and Moving

04/16/2020

Julie J.

Amazing crew! Moved from fourth floor walk up condo (after 22 years of accumulation) to a house. They were early, professional, and super friendly. Went the extra mile and then some. I would hire this company again in a heartbeat and highly recommend them. Shout out to my crew of Michael, Corey and Mark - you guys are the best!

Description of Work
Moving - short distance

Category moving companies

Hi [Member Name Removed] Thank you for the positive review! We greatly appreciate your business and should you know of anyone moving, please consider referring Cascade Moving as referrals are the majority of our business! Kind Regards Rebecca

01/24/2018

Jimmy T.

Moving was done on schedule and very efficiently. The moving charge was $900. The one month storage charge was $100.

Description of Work
Moved miscellaneous items out of 4 rooms in basement to allow carpeting; items were stored by mover, then brought back after carpeting completed.

12/04/2017

Irv B.

The work performed by Sam, Robert, Markus and Henry was outstanding. They started at 7:30 AM and stuck with the job until 10:00 PM. They worked tirelessly to get everything moved in one day as the cleaners were scheduled for the following day. They did not shirk or waste time. These gentlemen were friendly and professional and did everything they could to make my move as easy on us as possible. They packed those items that were fragile carefully and not a single possession was damaged or broken. In appreciation along with a monetary consideration for the men, I purchased dinner for the crew. I very highly recommend On the Go Moving and these individuals.

Description of Work
Move 28 years of accumulated possessions

08/07/2017

Cindy H.

For what they do versus how much they charge, I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Moving from my home of 32 years, into a town home. They were on time, very professional, kind, and sensitive to how hard this was for me. They moved heavy boxes with no problem, protected items as if it was their own things. The whole job took 4 hours. I and the people were amazed, and one that is moving soon asked for their info..so she could use them.

03/06/2017

Lezley A.

Went well. Professional, showed up on time, polite and I would definitely recommend and use again (however, I don't plan on moving again)!

Description of Work
Moving packed boxed and all furniture from Bellevue to Yakima.

11/29/2016

James W.

Move took two days. On the first day, we went to the new home, and on the second day to storage. Top notch across the board. Great staff. Fast, careful, professional. Even with a steep driveway they had to hike with each load. Only surprise to me is that I paid for transit time to/from their location to my home each day. But they still finished nearly 20% below the estimate. Overall, very satisfied.

Description of Work
After 18 years in the same home, we just "downsized" with the help of Cascade Moving.

Category moving companies, storage units

09/02/2015

David S.

We used Cascade Moving to move our goods from an apartment in Seattle to a condo on the Eastside. We packed everything ourselves but needed help moving the boxes and furniture. Cascade really exceeded our expectations for our move. They were easy to deal with in getting a quote and flexible in scheduling the move. The crew arrived on time and they brought a 3-man crew, which really helped things go quickly. The crew was very helpful and offered to take items we were going to move ourselves. The crew was very careful in handling our goods and protecting the buildings. Everything arrived in perfect condition and there was no damage to our property or the buildings. Overall, we were extremely pleased with our experience with Cascade Moving.

Description of Work
Moved possessions from Seattle to Eastside

11/18/2014

Candace G.

Cascade was respectful, diligent, and very careful in handling our family's heirloom. The piece was properly secured before moved and gently handled every step of the way. I highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
They helped us move a very delicate family piece from one location to another.

06/30/2014

jeff S.

Description of Work
Out of state move. Wa to Ca

06/12/2014

jon E.

Great. No issues whatsoever. They were prompt in terms of pricing and coming out and examine the contents of our house and getting an estimate. They showed up on time, showed up on time for the delivery. There was no issues with any marks on the furniture. They set up everything to our satisfaction, so they were in and out very quick on both sides of it. Everything was picked up well. So there was no scratches or marks that we could see. Nothing got broken, which is a rarity. These guys did it pretty well. They were a little higher priced than others, but not very much. They were pretty good. I wouldn't say awesome. You would have to do something great for that. But one step below that. I didn't have anything that would cause me concerns.

Description of Work
They moved a piano and our stuff of our house.

06/10/2014

harry G.

Description of Work
Moved and stored our furniture

06/28/2013

Jane W N.

see above.

Description of Work
moved a number of items of furniture (including heavy and antique items), from seattle and Olympia and Mason County, with 4 stops altogether -- one involving a steep driveway up which the furniture had to be hand carried. the move was done professionally, and came in under the estimate.

12/04/2012

Kate M.

f Based on timing of the sale of my condo and purchase of my new house, I had to move my personal property three times. The first time into storage, then to an apartment and finally to my new home. I used Cascade for all three (the first two times were tied together and based on a family recommendation, the third time because it was easy and I didn't' have the time to research an better option). In all cases the team was generally punctual and very nice and helpful (e.g. offering to move furniture around the room as I tried to figure out the best location). I did have issues with dinged and damaged furniture during both moves. During the first move my favorite piece (a large-ish cabinet) was knocked on a corner and a piece broke off. One of the movers must have noticed, because they left the piece on the counter, but they did not let me know (I had to find the piece and ask about it). It took two months and multiple follow ups by myself to get the damage repaired. I wouldn't have used them a second time, but I just didn't have the time/energy to research another option. During the second move I had a similar issue with a piece being broken off another item. As this is a less valuable piece and it's on the back I'm just going to fix it myself.

Description of Work
Move furniture and personal items from a condo, into storage, to an apartment downtown, to a single family home. (effectively 3 moves in ~3 months)

10/07/2011

Julie P.

I was very pleased with the service I got. they came in under because we had put things in just afew places and they were fast in getting them loaded into the truck. They took extra care of the furniture and we did not have any broken, scratch, or soiled items. Great job!

Description of Work
My elderly Mother moved from her home to my home. She didn't have that much to move so I didn't know if they would want to do it but they did! The two movers were friendly, accomodating, and efficient. They had her packed and on the road in 45 mins.

09/27/2010

Rhonda B.

After having used Cascade for a small, local move, I decided to use them for the big move. They were prompt, courteous, efficient, and I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Moving from a house to a town home

08/28/2010

Rhonda B.

First of all, Cascade was able to respond on very short notice. The person I purchased the set from was leaving town and my lead time was limited. I was given an approximate cost over the phone which seemed reasonable, so I decided to use them. On moving day they arrived promptly at the pickup location. There was a bit of a mixup with the delivery, however, because an incorrect directional was used in the address (i.e. 65th Avenue NE instead of 65th Ave N). Because moving companies charge for driving time I was concerned that I would have to haggle about pricing. No such haggle presented itself. The movers arrived at my location, checked out the premises, and proceeded to drop off the furniture in a professional and efficient manner. It was obvious these guys knew what they were doing. I would definitely recommend them and plan to use them again.

Description of Work
I used Cascade for a small local move - picking up a bedroom set I purchased on Craigslist.

08/02/2010

Meredith F.

They did an absolutely fabulous job. They were on time, they moved quickly, and they were polite and professional.

Description of Work
They helped me with a local move.

06/28/2010

Monica S.

I called them for an quote and the saleslady said they can't give quotes without visiting the house to see it. So I made an appointment to have someone come out. However, I missed the appointment being 15 min. late I never had them come out again b/c I was able to work around a date with a moving company we used the previous time. Very friendly and punctual.

Description of Work
Move quote

08/21/2009

Janet S.

The packers, Dave and John were great! The movers were and hour and a half late to arrive. They threw boxes around, did not place items in rooms as labeled, did not move items that were marked to move. I had to pay overtime as a result of having to go back to my previous residence to retrieve missed items. During the drive back to get the items that were missed, the movers drove as slow as possible. The company likely uses subcontractors, as two of the movers did not know the third one. I had to contact the office to get all of my belongings moved. There is a distinct lack of organization. The president provided a list of items to be moved. The movers did not receive this information, nothing was inventoried. There was supposed to be a walk thru of my previous residence, which did not occur. When I started unpacking, I could not find one large expensive item and two suitcases. I called the president, Eric, and then his assistant, Rebecca. I was told that the movers place "stashes" in clients' homes. I have moved several times and have never heard of something like this. The packers were able to answer questions as to the location of these items and I eventually found them. On previous moves, both local and long distance, my furniture was wrapped in either plastic or blankets. Items were placed in rooms as marked. Neither was done by Cascade.

Description of Work
Pack and move some furniture and personal items from a house to a two bedroom apartment and place a few things in a storage unit on the move route. I did the majority of the packing myself.

Category moving companies

On 8/11/09, the customer did in fact phone our office stating they the crew was at the destination location unloading her goods, however they forgot a safe that was in the closet at the origin location. At that point, I Rebecca Stephens, asked her if the crew had done a walk through with her before leaving the origin to be sure nothing was left behind. The customer's response was "they did, but I am so frazzled I just forgot to show them the safe which is in a closet". I then spoke to our crew and they mentioned that 2 of the 3 men did in fact do a walk through with her separately. Therefore, she had completed 2 walk throughs with our crew before leaving that location and did not mention the safe. I informed her that they could return to the origin to pick up the safe which they did. This of course, did take additional time, however, the customer openly admitted to me that she forgot to point it out making it an added trip. As for placing items/boxes in rooms, whenever a mover enters a customers home with an item(s) in hand, they ask the customer where they would like it placed. If there were items placed in the wrong room, it would have been at her direction. All 3 men are regular employees of our firm NOT subcontractors. The movers DID IN FACT, have a list of all items moving. We send out the original estimate with each crew for every job. We do not and are not required by law to do an inventory of items moving when the customer is going directly into their new location. Should she have needed storage or shared the truck with another customer's move/belongings, we would then be required to do an inventory. That however, was not the case here. As for "stashes" being placed in the home, I informed the customer when she phoned to say she couldn't find a few items that the movers may have placed them into a closet or behind boxes to keep it from getting damaged. I also told her that they may have packed certain items for this reason too. She said she would phone again if she couldn't find them. I did not hear from her stating so. Under Wa. State law regulating movers, all moves must come within 25% of the estimated cost. This move did. Her estimate was $1595 and the total (including additional trip back to the origin location) was $1963.23. Rebecca Stephens-Office Manager

10/31/2008

Anne G.

It went very well. The movers (4 men, 2 trucks) were there on time and were very professional. We have a lot of antiques and high-end furniture, and they moved everything beautifully. No damage to walls or banisters (in either house), and no damage to the furniture. During the estimate process, I was emphatic about care of our belongings and the homes themselves, so Eric (company president) put that in notes on the estimate, so the movers knew to be especially careful. After the estimate, Eric went to the other home to scope out the truck/parking situation. None of the other moving companies did that - they told me I have to be sure to take care of truck/parking permits if necessary. Eric ensured me that in our case we did not need permits on our street - one less thing for me to do! They also wrap mattresses with their blankets, so there was no need to purchase mattress boxes or plastic covers (saved $). And they offered the use of hanging clothes boxes, but all the estimates offered that. In a nutshell, Cascade was the "most" convenient moving/preparation of all the companies we got estimates from. There was a misunderstanding about the overtime rate (I was quoted for 2 men overtime, apparently, instead of 4 men). So I was a bit wary when I signed the paperwork when they arrived. However, we were quite organized and well-packed, which helped them get through the job in a timely manner. They quoted us 8 hours and they did it in 7. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Moved our belongings from West Seattle to North Capital Hill.

10/02/2008

Lynn E.

The president of the company came to both apartments to see what was involved and give estimates, which were emailed promptly. (One job was slightly less and the other slightly more than the estimate.) On both moving days the trucks showed up on time and the crews were courteous. The fellow who supervised the placement of my furniture and boxes in the storage unit did an exceptional job, arranging everything so I had access to almost all of it. The second move was longer and more complicated than anticipated, but the crew maintained good spirits and worked hard throughout the day. There were a couple of small scratches but no significant damage to anything. I've been involved in eight other moves in as many years, for myself and family members, using three other local moving companies. After my experiences with Cascade, I wouldn't use any other company.

Description of Work
This was a two-stage move that combined two households. In the first stage, my belongings were moved from my apartment to a storage facility. The second stage, a few weeks later, involved picking up the stored items in one truck and my partner's apartment furnishings in a second truck, and delivering everything to a home which was not large enough for all of it to fit easily.

09/04/2007

Eddy F.

They arrived at 8:30 am and went to work quickly. They packed up all of our hanging clothing into wardrobe boxes, disassembled TV/stereo equipment, wrapped delicate items in thick cellophane for extra protection, and frequently asked for direction (which I really appreciated, being sort of a control freak). By 1:30 pm they had loaded everything from our 2,000 square foot house into their truck and by 5:30 pm we were moved into our new home. Nothing was damaged. Every employee was courteous, respectful and extremely helpful. Each one introduced himself and shook hands at the beginning and ending of the day. I would hire them again in a minute!

Description of Work
Cascade Moving & Storage moved us from West Seattle to Bellevue, including packing clothing and some household goods, which included computer and sound equipment, as well as heavy furniture.

09/13/2005

JORDIN B.

WE'VE USED CASCADE FOR TWO MOVES AND OVERALL HAVE BEEN PLEASED. THEY MOVED ALL OUR DELICATE ITEMS BEAUTIFULLY BUT SUMMER RUSH MEANS THEY AREN'T AS CHOOSY FOR HIRING AND THIS IS TRUE FOR MOST MOVING COMPANIES. WE HAD TWO BROKEN PIECES OF FURNITURE, BUT WERE CONTACTED BY THE OWNER AND EVERYTHING WAS SETTLED QUICKLY AND WELL.

Description of Work
CASCADE MOVED ALL OUR FURNITURE INCLUDING AN ANTIQUE HUTCH AND AN ANTIQUE UPRIGHT PIANO THAT WEIGHS A TON.

08/01/2005

WHEN THESE GUYS SAW WHAT THIS ORGAN REALLY WAS-THEN THEY UNDERSTOOD WHY WE WERE SO CONCERNED ABOUT IT. IT DOES COME APART BUT IT IS SO ORNATE THAT IT MUST HAVE THE UTMOST CARE TAKEN AND WHEN CASCADE SAID THEY WOULD SEND THEIR BEST-THEY DID. THEY DID A WONDERFUL JOB AND DIDN'T EVEN MIND MY GETTING IN THE WAY (OF COURSE TO TAKE CARE OF IT!)

Description of Work
CASCADE WAS SUPER! WE HAVE AN ANTIQUE ORGAN THAT I ENTRUST NO ONE ALONE WITH! WE HAVE HAD TO MOVE IT TWICE AND WILL NEVER DO SO AGAIN!CASCADE WAS VERY CAREFUL. THEY DID A WONDERFUL JOB.

Category piano moving

On The Go Moving & Storage

Established in 2008 Started in Bellevue, WA, On The Go Moving and its owners are a product of many years of experience in the moving industry. Coming from many different backgrounds, the small but innovative team of management came together to form a moving company with nothing but the clients needs in mind. This company has proved to be not only backed by knowledge and experience, but heart as well. On the Go Moving strives to be as efficient as possible without compromising the quality service that you deserve and expect. The key to any move is good planning. Our trained professional movers are more than capable of performing all the packing and moving of your belongings. Basic Moving Plan at $180 per hour – Includes two movers and one truck. Three Man Moving Plan at $255 per hour – Includes three movers and one truck. Four Man Moving Plan at $295 per hour – Includes four movers and a truck. All of these services are priced according to the number of movers. Each additional mover adds another $45 dollars per hour to the overall charge and each is based on the use of one truck. We will also provide all equipment necessary such as dollies, moving pads, and tools. **Store with us for 6 months, get your first month for free, call for details!**

Offers by On The Go Moving & Storage on Angi
    Movers 4 Life LLC

We are an efficient well organized, fun moving company that takes care of your belongings as if they were our own. We know that moving is one of the most stressful things you can do in life and we want you to know that we are here to take that stress away and make sure you have a smooth process from one place in life to the next. Give us a call and we will make sure to be your Movers 4 Life.

All American Spirit Moving

All American Spirit Moving is your #1 Moving Company services the Greater Seattle area, allowing us to quickly meet the expectations of our #1 customer, YOU! All American Spirit Moving is under the guidance of, James Albertson, a former owner of Sprint Moving & Storage. His experience in the moving industry earned his company 3 awards for outstanding customer service. As head operation administrator, James Albertson brings the same expertise and dedication to our customers. Active in the community we are registered with The Renton and Southwest King County Chambers of Commerce. "The real key to our success has to be in our crews." Our crews are seasoned professionals who know what it takes for a successful relocation experience. Whether it’s across the street or around the world, All American Spirit Moving can manage every individual aspect of your residential or commercial. We have 10-12 full time employees

WA
    Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission
    12/31/2021

Packing, Moving & Storage. Specializing in small moves, antiques, fine art. No move is too large or small! Out-of-state moves from the state of Washington to the following states: OR ID MT CA AZ NV UT NM CO WY

Pool Tables. Individual Pianos. We do not move from states outside of WA to anywhere else.