Blue Flame Heating and Air Conditioning

Washington: Contractors
12/31/2022

7116 220th St SW Ste 1

Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

As COVID-19 continues to impact the global community, we at Blue Flame want to update you on the steps we have taken to ensure the safety of our employees and customers, please visit our website at www.blueflamecomfort.com for a detailed statement. Blue Flame Comfort specializes in residential install, service as well as maintenance with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Ask us about tankless water heaters, high-efficiency furnaces, and heat pumps! Our office and standard hours are listed but our dedicated team of background-checked and thoroughly trained technicians are ready and willing to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency services....

HVAC Companies (745)electrician (56)water heaters (49)lighting (1)air duct cleaning (30)fireplace services (26)plumbers (16)gas leak repair (15)appliance repair (11)well & water pump repair (8)drywall (5)chimney cap repair (3)

03/06/2022

Deborah K.

We did not hire Blue Flame because of a communication break down the day we expected the installation to occur!

Description of Work
Install heat pump and new furnace

Work Completed On 03/06/2022

08/06/2021

Angel A.

Avoid at all cost. Very unprofessional, not responsive, non existent customer service, not worth the hassle. About a month and a half I started the process of getting AC for my Manufactured Home and Home Depot recommended them. I went through all the process got a guy to check the area and measure the house to make sure I had the correct size (Ton) for my house. He was great answered all. Got the quote, a little high but I accepted. The day of the install, one of the managers call me to let me know that the process was going to take 2 days to complete ( I know for a fact that it didn't take 2 full days) because they had to move the Water Heater. I drained the water heater and switched it off so it would be cool by the time they came. I say fine, the guys came, remove the old unit, installed the new Air Handler and called it good after 2.5 hours of work. 2 weeks later I still don't have the AC installed, 12k paid, scheduling says they can't schedule me in for another week. By the time they come I wont have a need for an AC. my advise, STAY AWAY! Poor Customer Service, unresponsive

Description of Work
New AC Install

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 07/24/2021

06/26/2021

Elizabeth G.

Company answered the phone after hours Friday and made an appointment for Saturday morning. We received a call Saturday morning that we did not in fact have an appointment and it should not have been scheduled by the after hours service. We had to start again from scratch looking for a vendor to work with.

Description of Work
Repair AC unit

Work Completed On 06/26/2021

06/25/2021

Tina T.

The company did a good job but fell short when it came to the receptionist (Denise) was very rude and killed the entire experience for me. Every person I talked to at blue flame was amazing except Denise. So Rude.

Description of Work
Install a Central Air Conditioning System

Work Completed On 06/22/2021

03/01/2021

Paul T.

John provided great service and got the job done! For sure, I would hire again. However, I rated a B because the total cost was not 1) what I was quoted and 2) was given to me after the service was done. This would not have changed the outcome (I would have said yes do it) but customers should be informed of what the cost will be before anything is fixed.

Description of Work
Furnace Repair

Category furniture repair

Work Completed On 02/13/2021

02/23/2021

Anthony D.

I had a technician come in to determine why my dining room light did not come on. The tech opened up my light switches and determined that the fixture had failed. Kind of surprising but not entirely unreasonable. He pointed out that one of the light switches should be replaced as it was cracked. I also asked him to replace a light switch in a different room. On his way out he hit his head on the light fixture he was reviewing and broke it (glass chandelier). As the fixture was broken and needed to be replaced, I didn't care much about the accident. Later that evening I went to turn on the switch he replaced and it was not functioning properly. I pulled the switch to take a look if something came loose and noticed that he failed to attach the ground wire. I attached the ground wire and the switch still is not working correctly. The switch that he mentioned was cracked was not working either, upon opening up the switch I saw that it was fully broken and not a crack. I suspect he damaged it while troubleshooting the original issue as it was working perfectly fine prior to him opening up the switch. So with all of this, I'm now wondering if he even troubleshot the issue properly and just blamed it on the fixture. Hard to say. That being said, I would probably not use their service again.

Description of Work
Troubleshooting lighting

Category electrician,lighting

Work Completed On 02/19/2021

01/15/2021

Marc T.

Not smoothly. We selected Blue Flame because they were cheaper than Greenwood Heating & Air, and they could do the work immediately, while Greenwood had a waitlist several weeks long (should have been a clue). If I had to summarize the experience I would say communication was poor, requiring me to project manage the replacement more than I wanted to. Half the time you tried to call the office, they wouldn't pick up and you were passed onto an answering service who would ask you a list of generic questions like "Where did you hear about Blue Flame" and "Are you interested in purchasing a system?"... I've already purchased a system that I'm trying to finish having installed!!! The actual instillation took longer than they predicted, and while I appreciated the workers staying late into the night to work on the project, they didn't come prepared with all the equipment to do the work. They needed to borrow my extension cord because they didn't have one, and ended up plugging into the outlet in our backyard without asking, leaving our yard gate wide open. Fortunately our dog didn't escape before the open gate was noticed several hours later. They also helped themselves to items from our garage without asking, like our broom to sweep up their trash and debris. Lastly, and possibly most serious, the workers who were installing the system in our house were constantly pulling down their Covid masks when they thought we weren't around, and would scramble to pull them back up when they saw us. Bottom line, I probably got a good price on the unit and work, but it's not a very polished or professional company, so fingers crossed that everything was installed properly and will work for years to come.

Description of Work
Replacing a heat pump.

Category appliance repair,electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 01/15/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We pride ourselves on customer service and it looks like we missed the mark. We use feedback like yours so we can learn and improve with each customer we serve. We apologize for failing to meet your expectations. We will be in touch to see how we can make this right.

01/09/2021

Jason S.

It was great. He was responsive, showed up on time, and did a great job - telling me what was going on as he was doing stuff.

Description of Work
Installing new electrical outlet, replacing others.

Category electrician

Work Completed On 01/07/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed], thanks for the great review. We are glad to hear that the electrical service met your expectations. We appreciate you as a customer and thanks for your business!

12/14/2020

Libby G.

The installation did not go well at all. The installers were here all day and they tracked mud through our garage. They also did a sloppy job of installing the lines on the wall in the laundry room. The system didn't work so they called a technician to come check. The tech, Tobias, complained that we woke him up. He was very grumpy and we could hear him having angry conversations on his cell phone. He determined that the installers installed the air system upside down! The system worked backwards - heat came out through the intake vents and drew air from the heat vents! He complained to us that this had happened before. The installers returned a day or two later and were here all day fixing their mistakes. They joked with us that we should get an awesome service contract. Then the system required fine tuning and another tech (Chris, a very nice guy) was here multiple times tinkering with the system. When we called our sales rep, we were told he doesn't work there anymore. We requested to talk with the business owner, and were promised a phone call, which never came. On top of all that, the heat pump is SO LOUD and I wish our rep had explained to us how noisy it would be. At the end of the day, I sometimes wish I would have spent the additional few thousand dollars and hired Greenwood Heating and Air. Blue Flame had the best quote and the friendliest sales rep. But the installation was a sh!tshow and I cringe every time that heat pump turns on which I can hear from inside my house.

Description of Work
Install heat pump system and water heater

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize that the experience did not meet your expectations. We would love the opportunity to make this right. A member of our management team has attempted to look further into the situation but was unable to find your contact information in our system under your name. Could you please contact us directly? You can visit our website (www.blueflamecomfort.com) and chat with us directly, send us a text message or even call us 425-771-7139, we would love to hear from you soon.

11/05/2020

Susan H.

I highly recommend Blue Flame. I always get 2 or 3 estimates for things but we have had such excellent results from Blue Flame in the past that we just stayed with them. The team that installed the equipment was very professional, knowledgeable and personable. More than happy to explain things and make sure that we were happy with the outcome.

Description of Work
New Furnace

Work Completed On 11/04/2020

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review for our company. We appreciate your kind words, your recommendation, and your business. We look forward to servicing your newly installed equipment for years to come. Thanks again and have a great day!

Installation & repair of gas &/or electric furnaces, heat pumps, and air conditioning units. Install only: gas piping and /or ductwork with full system installation, tankless and standard water heaters.

Duct cleaning, install oil furnaces, repair or install of fireplaces, repair, or maintenance of tankless or standard water heaters.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check