RICCON CONSTRUCTION LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since January 2009

16821 72ND AVE NE

Kenmore, WA 98028

Riccon Construction LLC is a Licensed & Insured General Contractor serving King & Snohomish County. We serve both residential and commercial customers and are listed with the Better Business Bureau. We offer quality craftsmanship at an affordable cost and treat every customer like family. We

04/24/2018

Laurene L.

Very well. Arrived as scheduled, professional approach, knowledgeable workman. We are very pleased with the result. Added a small project of plaster repair and installation of 1/4 round in our living room.

Description of Work
Remodel of laundry room - painting, vinyl flooring, fan installation.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, home remodeling, interior painters

04/12/2018

Martine S.

I started out talking with Brenda. She is amazing, and knows her stuff. We had a lot of questions and were a little nervous ,we had been burned by a previous contractor. Brenda put all our concerns at ease . She did the bid, came out multiple times at our request . always had a smile on her face . We have a child with special needs and the workers went the extra mile to say hello and were very considerate of his sensory issues. They let us know if that day was going to be really loud and even set up some equipment outside so he wasn't overwhelmed by the noise. Demo started , Brenda was here daily at the end of the shifts . Always keeping us informed what was happening next. We picked out the cabinets , we picked out everything and we couldn't be happier with the outcome. We have Riccon starting another project in about a week and a huge project starting in June .

Description of Work
full kitchen

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

02/12/2018

Carolyn P.

I absolutely love the kitchen results. Every day when enter, it makes me smile. There was an electrical glitch when re-installing our 2 year old oven--the result destroyed the oven. Jon quickly offered to replace or repair--he accepted responsibility immediately--didn't try to get out of it, which we greatly appreciated. In the end, we decided to get a new oven to match the new microwave we had already purchased. He ordered the oven and we split the difference as it was more expensive. In our laundry room remodel, I had it all planned out, but Jon had several suggestions to make it better. He was absolutely right, particularly with his suggestion to go with tile instead of laminate flooring as we had originally planned. The laundry is great as well. The only thing I would change is that the cabinets are up too high for me, but despite Jon questioning the height, I went ahead and had them installed. Oh well. Jon's crew also finished a day or two shy of the 3 week time frame giving us more time to get ready for our August house guests.

Description of Work
This review is a long time coming, but that gave us time to "live" with Riccon Construction's remodel and make a truly informed review. We contacted Riccon in May or June of 2017. We needed the work done quickly and luckily found 3 contractors that would possibly work. We chose Jon from Riccon. Ours was a rather small, uncomplicated job--removing the old and installing a new custom appliance tower, and replacing the microwave and convection oven. We needed a counter-to-ceiling cabinet removed and floating shelves and a glass tile wall installed in its place. The shelves were custom made (by our cabinet maker) to hold heavy dishes. We also had our laundry room remodeled: replacing the linoleum flooring, replacing the laundry sink and counter, adding a marble counter top over the washer & dryer and new cabinets above the counter.

Category remodeling

12/03/2017

Bert C.

The old structure supporting the roof consisted of a 4 by 4 inch beam running down the middle of the garage and 2 by 4's spanning the distance from the side walls to the center beam. The sagging 4 by 4 and 2 by 4 structure was replaced with 2 by 12 inch beams running the entire width of the garage, spaced 24 inches apart. The large beams added eight inches to the height of the roof, but the Riccon carpenters were able to preserve the look of the original garage with only a minimal addition of fascia. For the roof covering, we wanted to have TPO, but because our garage is connected to the neighbor's garage, torch down had to be used. The torch down was handled by a subcontractor, and was very well done. The rainy season is now well underway, and we are no longer plagued with roof leaks. We are very pleased with the job Riccon has done.

Description of Work
Replace a flat garage roof, including the underlying structure.

Category contractors, roofing

03/13/2017

Catherine J.

Riccon is awesome. I've worked with them multiple times now on large and small projects. They've always been professional, responsive, clean, and fair on pricing. I will continue to work with them for the indefinite future.

Description of Work
Deck repair, deck rebuilding, fencing, currently interior remodel

Category decks, fencing, remodeling

01/09/2017

Barbara B.

Initially, I was going to give this company a D. I consider a C to be average and my experience was less than desirable. The job that I contracted them to do is finally complete which is why they did not receive an F. The owner was made aware of my concerns and responded adequately which is the reason for me bumping this up to a C. I contracted with this company for a master bathroom remodel due to water leaking out of my shower causing damage to the bathroom floor. I did get two other quotes before deciding to go with this company. They were not the cheapest but we initially felt best with the gentleman who initially came to our home as well as the quote we were given. The contractors that were sent gave the impression of being a second rate crew. Full days were not put in until I got upset with them after a week and mentioned this to them. They arrived between 8:30 and 9am most days. I was told they would work until 5 or 6 each evening and they left many times before 3:30. When I questioned timeframes because work wasn’t getting done, they started to hurry their work which caused it to be sloppy. Tile work had to be torn down and redone. A job that was supposed to take a “few weeks” turned into over a month without a working shower. Demolition was started on Monday November 28th and we were finally able to use the shower on Wednesday December 28th (this includes them working Saturdays). When the concern about timeframes was brought up to the project manager, I were told change orders caused delays. There was a change order that was done for the damage to the floor from the water (which turned out to be very minimal) that was accounted for in the initial bid. So this shouldn’t have taken any additional time because it would have been accounted for there. Another change order was added to get a plumber here but other work was being done during that time. There were three other change orders which were for material. I was constantly told timeframes of when work would get done that were not met. The project manager told me they were “sorry for my frustration” twice when I mentioned these. There was an instance were numerous concerns were brought up before the Christmas holiday and rather than addressing them, the project manager sent a rather condescending email. None of the concerns were addressed and I was told that “if you can not see a imperfection from 5' there is no imperfection”. The contractor even didn’t put a bottom sweep on the shower door (that came with the door) and left it so it didn’t close properly over the holiday. The contractor never mentioned this sweep was missing until I asked him about it the next week. It was then told to me that piece was missing from the box. There was also an issue with the sub-contractors state license. After it was brought to their attention, it was rectified quickly. Unfortunately, my job seemed to stretch out too long and I had to manage too much of it. In my opinion, this is the job of the general contractor, not the homeowner. I did not manage it by choice. I strongly feel though if I had not stepped in, I may still be without a functioning master bathroom. Once the job was completed, I brought my experience to the attention of the owner (all my contact had been with the project manager). The owner immediately contacted me and offered the most heartfelt apology that I had received to date. In speaking with the owner of the company, I was thanked for bringing all these concerns to their attention as they would use it as a teaching moment for their crews. I felt that the owner was truly sorry for my experience and will use it to make the company better.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Remodel due to water leak

Category home remodeling

04/03/2016

Teri K.

Working with this team was so easy. They made living in a construction zone as painless as possible. I am a neat freak and they respected that. I would lightly recommend them for anyone's construction needs.

Description of Work
i just had a full kitchen makeover. Remove wall. New soffits. New cabinets. New granite counter tops. Paint interior. Install new appliances. And new floors.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, home remodeling, interior painters

Verena G.

This company is great. They remodeled my small kitchen and two bathrooms. I am not easy to work with HAHA. I made many changes and had other "ideas" throughout the process and Brenda stuck with all my craziness. They were on time, Clean and the craftsmanship and quality is above par. I am so lucky I got this referral from a friend who was also thrilled with their service. TWO THUMBS UP!

Description of Work
Remodel of Kitchen, Some painting and 2 bathroom remodels.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Lenhart G.

The owners were very helpful on timing of the repairs and issues that needed to be addressed. Very responsive to my questions I had about some of the changes I wanted. I reviewed the work with them before agreeing the work was complete. Very friendly and easy to talk with. Took time to explained things I was not familiar with on the repairs to make sure I was happy with the results.

Description of Work
RICCON gave me a good estimate for doing some general remodel work on my house. Cabinets, painting, drywall, etc.... Approved to proceed with the estimate that was provided They came in on budget and I feel RICCON went the extra mile to make minor details right before signing off the work.

Category decks, fencing, handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

Stacey S.

Riccon Construction is hands down the best company we have worked with. We built our first house in Kennewick and have much experience with remodels. Not many contractors can measure up to this company. From the start, Riccon, was always on top of everything. The owner was super helpful in lining me up with my project manager and always checked into the project as it went on. From my fence to my kitchen everything went off without a hitch. Our cabinets were delayed for 1 week but that was a manufacturer error but other then that everything else was perfect. I would hire them again over and over.

Description of Work
New Fence, New roof and complete Kitchen remodel with Floors.

Category fencing, remodeling, roofing, home remodeling

Dawn Michell B.

It went very smoothly and he did a great job. Took two days for the painting. My apartment looks amazing.

Description of Work
Painting interior of apartment. Hung things for me that I couldn't do. Put up shelves for me

Category handyman service, interior painters

Megan P.

It went great! They did everything so quickly, and masterfully! Everyone was so nice and easy to get along with. They listened to my vision and executed it perfectly! I can say enough how please I am with their work and their professionalism. I was very impressed and will definitely be using them again!

Description of Work
They finished my garage. Painted it (floors included) added walls, built AMAZING shelving, and then helped me install ceiling fans and fix things in the house that I couldn't do on my own. I can't thank them enough for the work they did! Anyone that comes into my garage always comments on how impressive it looks!

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service, house painters

Lenhart G.

The owners were very helpful on timing of the repairs and issues that needed to be addressed. Very responsive to my questions I had about some of the changes I wanted. I reviewed the work with them?before agreeing the work was complete. Very friendly and easy to talk with. Took time to explained things I was not familiar with on the repairs to make sure I was happy with the results.?

Description of Work
RICCON gave me a good estimate for doing some general remodel work on my house. Cabinets, painting, drywall, etc.... ?Approved to proceed with the estimate that was provided They came in on budget and I feel RICCON went the extra mile to make minor details right before signing off the work.

Category decks, fencing, handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

01/08/2016

Jamie D.

Description of Work
Repeatedly said they would call me back and then didn't. After I spent time with salesperson going over bathroom remodel job and making decision to use them then I couldn't get them to respond to my calls. Very very unprofessional. They left me hanging. Poorly run outfit.

Category remodeling, roofing, home remodeling

We are a general contractor and she wanted to be the general and use her own people and she just wanted contractor pricing. When all when said and done after numerous bids and weeks of work, she had brought our portion of the job down to nothing and really just wanted contractor pricing. We are not a wholesale material company, therefore we declined to do the job. We put a lot of time and effort into this person and did it all for free. We are an ethical small business and we chose not to work with this person.

10/01/2015

Elliot K.

When requested to itemize costs to support insurance claim, they never responded and never returned my multiple followup calls for status when they obviously decided not proceed. Very unprofessional as a simple return phone call would have been the correct action to decline further bidding.

Description of Work
submitted bid for insurance claim for water damage to bathroom and kitchen

Category home remodeling

We were contacted by this person to possibly do work on his property after some water damage had occurred. We requested the water damage estimate he had been given from his insurance company so we could confirm the scope of work. As all reputable companies do, we work off the insurance estimates. This potential client refused to give us the estimate. We tried to meet his needs and had many discussions on how he would like things to be written up. After numerous conversations with him and trying to explain the position we were in, we were not comfortable with what he was asking us to do. We have a long history with an A+ rating with insurance companies for doing things ethically and legally on behalf of the customer, therefore, we declined his business.

04/13/2015

Robert H.

They did a really good job.

Description of Work
New roof

06/17/2014

David C.

rCarpet, plumbing, and tile work were excellent. The only part Riccon did of that was the tile. Cabinets were replaced OK, and one new one was damaged on install and had to be replaced (at my expense). Painting was mostly really shoddy; had to call another painter to fix their mistakes. we paid extra for a few non-covered things, and most of those were what was poorly done. In all, they took 5 months to do a job that could have been done in as many weeks. The assigned worker took several weeks off in the middle of the job to let a broken arm heal, and they did not replace him. In all, there were too many problems for me to recommend them for anything. I do have to say that the tile work the one worker did was spectacular. The rest merits a D- at best.

Description of Work
Insurance repair from broken water hose. Demo of 1st floor kitchen, powder room, family, and dining rooms. They were prime contractors, and subbed carpet and plumbing

Category garage builders

After our initial work was complete and signed off on by the client, this client hired an employee on the side that had previously worked for us to do more work for him. This employee was no longer employed by us and we had no idea this client had hired him on the side. Our company had nothing to do with this ex employees work. Therefore we feel this review should be removed.

Kyle Contracting LLC

We have the experience and the dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t finish until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule an estimate!

2022 Super Service Award

CQ Painting

Local & family owned. If you are looking for high quality INTERIOR and EXTERIOR painting services and ROOFING at reasonable prices, CQ is your best choice. We use high quality materials and proprietary, proven techniques to leave a lasting impression. Whether it is one room or the entire house, your satisfaction is our goal. We were established in 2000 and we are licensed and bonded for your safety & assurance.

Jack's Ever Green Painting

Jack Fecker/Founder - Jane Bakken/Owner - 425-830-6695 Andrey Stepanchuk/General Manager - 206-518-7540 Known as the top-rated painting company in the Puget Sound area through Angie's List with over 900 'A' ratings in 13 categories, Jack's Ever GREEN Painting Corp. has built a reputation through the years for our high standards of quality and stellar customer service. Founded by Jack Fecker in 2008, respected painting contractor/owner since 1992, our team takes pride in serving our community by enhancing the beauty of neighborhoods, one home, one building at a time. We employ the best painters year round which ensures our on-going reputation of integrity and trustworthiness. Our mottos in the market place are always "We have FUN painting!" and "We look forward to serving you!" *We are a full service interior and exterior home painting company that will also perform deck painting only in conjunction with an exterior painting service. Areas Serviced East King County Corridor: North Incl. Woodinville/Bothell; South Incl. Renton Highlands; East Incl. North Bend/Snoqualmie; West to Lake Wash. Spring/Summer - Focus only on East KC corridor Exteriors Fall/Winter - Include Seattle Metro Area

2022 Super Service Award

MasterCard, Check, Visa, PayPal

Riccon Construction LLC provides general contracting services to both commercial and residential clients through specialty divisions created to serve the various needs of owners throughout the Northwest. Our contracting services range from value engineering and constructability reviews during preconstruction, to full construction oversight and post-construction warranty inspections.

Landscaping.