Potts Brothers LLC

Founded 1983 • With Angi since August 2005

Interior & exterior painting, kitchen, bathrooms & basement remodeling. Award winning. New in 2019 home elevators We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today! ...

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+13 more images

house painting (409)interior painting (214)pressure washing (74)woodworking (63)drywall (37)decks & porches (27)home remodeling (26)deck cleaning (25)general contractors (21)siding companies (16)wallpaper removal (15)tile installation (8)

04/08/2022

Kimberly S.

Didn’t end up using for project but Bob was fantastic with communication and was great to work with.

Description of Work
Great Communication

Work Completed On 04/08/2022

Richard P.

Quick and efficient, will be hire again to paint the full exterior of the house.

Description of Work
Exterior siding and trim repair and painting.

Work Completed On 11/01/2021

Cheri B.

Potts Brothers did an exceptional job on my kitchen remodel. All aspects are included in this review (design, demolition, rebuild structure, plumbing, electrical, gas line, install the cabinets, a new window, a new door, raised the floor, and of course painting). My kitchen needed a complete overhaul and I had no idea where to begin. Bob Potts and his crew presented me with a great new design and floor plan making the best use of the space. We even continued the design to include the space underneath the stairs, and the other side of the kitchen wall in the living room, which now has a built-in bookcase. The workers (tradespeople) were all top-notch, skilled professionals. The kitchen turned out beautifully and I couldn't be happier with it. I had to wind up selling my house because of a divorce but the good news is that the whole remodel was stunning. and a huge contributor to the quick sale of the house. Thank you for the opportunity to give this group a five star review.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodeling

Work Completed On 04/01/2020

Review for Potts Brothers LLC - 5422 Ferndale St, Springfield, VA - 39572036

Tom B.

We had our main bath and kitchen remodeled by Potts Brothers, and they now look beautiful! Bob is great to work with -- flexible, patient, and collaborative. He recommended stores and websites as we designed each room and always respected our decisions. Throughout the pandemic he graciously dealt with supply chain issues and never complained, but always found solutions. Bob's crew, led by Jose, are top-notch craftsmen that take pride in their quality work. They genuinely want the customer to like the finished product and frequently consulted us on elements of the project we hadn't considered so we could make informed decisions. They frequently went above and beyond and we would definitely hire them again for future work. We were lucky to find Bob and his experience in the neighborhood was an added benefit! There are certainly cheaper options, but if you want high quality work done right the first time, it doesn't get any better than Potts Brothers!

Description of Work
Remodeling Kitchen and Bath

Category drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/01/2021

Johanna R.

Very knowledgeable but super expensive. It was a shame their price was so unrealistically high.

Description of Work
Renovation of an apartment

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 12/28/2021

Thanks for the review , I will check on my prices . Its funny how prices are to people. Some fined my prices fare and some to high . It was a big job but I'm glad they found a person that fit their budget. Bob Potts

Nina S.

Very well! Both projects were completed very well and with great attention to detail. While working on the interior, Potts painters discovered a leak from the floor above, enabling us to get a plumbing repair done before the leak caused damage. The painters cut a neat hole in the ceiling and later repaired it expertly.

Description of Work
Exterior and interior painting

Category contractors, handyman service, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/01/2021

11/29/2021

Bethany H.

The bathroom remodel went well and it looks wonderful.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodeling

Work Completed On 11/29/2021

06/09/2021

Jose D.

Went great . Fast cleanup was good. Very friendly

Description of Work
Painted entire house

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/11/2021

05/14/2021

Bruce P.

Potts brothers painted my home inside and out several times over past 25 years. Highly recommend this company. Do a wonderful job everytime.

Description of Work
Painted inside my home

Work Completed On 11/26/2020

05/06/2021

Scott S.

excellent service and they did a very good job.

Description of Work
Power washing and back deck service

Category pressure washing

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

04/13/2021

Sarah J.

They did a Great job!! I have used several times and referred them to several friends and family and everyone is happy with the job as well as the staff. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Interior and exterior painting

Category contractors, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/19/2020

04/02/2020

Anne C.

They arrived on time and were very professional; followed up and eventually offered a $500 discount during this strange time. They were the highest bidder and did not initially offer any discounts - Angies list or senior

Description of Work
Wallpaper removed and walls/ceilings painted

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/01/2020

03/09/2020

William M.

Potts Bros. did an excellent job with great attention to detail over the whole job. They finished in about 2 and 1/2 days and did a good clean-up. They used an excellent quality paint and the owner (Jesse Potts) was very responsive to the one minor issue we pointed which they fixed immediately while the job was still going on. I would rehire Potts Bros. again and we recommend them 100% with no reservations.

Description of Work
Power wash exterior of house including aluminum siding, Marvin wooden windows, and brick façade. 2-story house with attached 2-car garage. 3,200 square feet.

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 01/27/2020

01/11/2020

Sanford M.

We contracted with Potts months in advance, knowing that this project would be disruptive to our normal life. We hired movers to pack china and move paintings from the walls, so the painters would have only to move furniture out of the way to access walls. The painters and one of the Potts Brothers showed up promptly on the date, reviewed the job room by room, and the men began with the bedroom as requested. The job took four full days as expected, but they did need to use two coats instead of one in some of the rooms in order to cover the old paint. That increased the cost somewhat over the estimate, as we expected. The only negative was that the painters were somewhat dustier than expected, and in spite of drop-cloths, we needed to hire a housekeeping crew after they left.

Description of Work
Painting whole house interior

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

11/15/2019

Michael M.

Overall we are pleased with the painting. They did a good job and stuck to the budget and schedule. They powerwashed first, then did the painting. Scheduling the work was a bit of a challenge, but once they started they finished quickly. My only complaint would be the power washers were a bit careless and caused some flooding around the doors, but the painters were quite careful and diligent. I got three quotes and they were the best price, and I don't feel that I sacrificed on quality.

Description of Work
Exterior painting - foundation and wood trim

Work Completed On 10/16/2019

10/28/2019

anita K.

Very happy with my way better kitchen.

Description of Work
kitchen remodeling

Work Completed On 10/28/2019

10/28/2019

John F.

Work was acceptable but not superior.

Description of Work
Exterior Repairs and Complete Exterior Paint Job

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 09/30/2019

10/27/2019

Gabriel B.

Potts did a very nice job for us. They are very customer-oriented and concerned that we were happy with the final outcome. At the last moment, thanks to a quick check of Jesse's paint samples, we changed our chosen color - and we were glad we did!

Description of Work
Paint exterior red brick to white

Work Completed On 09/10/2019

10/27/2019

Sandra F.

I can't say enough good things about this company. It's a family based business that will do everything they can to make the customer happy. All of the workers are pleasant, trustworthy and professional. I wish I could give them a higher rating than A!

Description of Work
Painting - interior and exterior. Complete kitchen remodel.

Category wallpaper, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/27/2019

10/09/2019

HOWARD B.

Very good. A little trouble with scheduling due to rain, but it all worked out.

Description of Work
Exterior painting,

Category replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 10/09/2019

10/09/2019

Bruce S.

Work was scheduled for 30 September, however it rained that day. Not only did we not receive a call saying they weren't coming, they've never reached out to us since then to reschedule.

Description of Work
We wanted the exterior trim and headers painted around the windows on the front of our house.

09/01/2019

Charles P.

I did a competitive set of estimates from 7 companies. When scheduling they were responsive to my schedule. When they showed up for the estimate, they actually showed up…on time, they were courteous, listened to my concerns, did not try to up sell me, and did not repeatedly call me back while I was trying to make up my mind as to which company I would decide on…and they gave me the best price estimate. For actual work…again, they showed up on time, were courteous, and worked with us. They were reasonably quiet too. For the days they were here they cleaned up each day, so other than the progress in the work you wouldn’t have known they were there. I am very detail oriented and typically dread having to address the punch list. The reality is there was little for me to mention, most of what I did mention (which was very little) was already on his list and everything was done perfectly before they left. I didn’t feel I had to haggle to get the quality of the work I was paying for…and expected. The work is perfect and my home looks outstanding. These guys are gold. I will skip competitive estimates for painting in the future and go directly to them. If every contractor did work this way our lives would all be easier.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of a cedar sided house

Work Completed On 09/01/2019