The Carpet Co Inc

Fredericksburg, VA 22406

Flooring...

03/28/2019

MARGARET M.

Exceptional! Returned my initial call promptly, and Rob came to my house (in the evening) a few days later. He was professional, courteous, and I liked him immediately. He was no "snake-oil" salesman. He took measurements and had brought the samples of the carpets which I had told him I was interested in. It just so happened that one was the exact color I had been looking for. He had an estimate ready for me in two days and had larger samples sent to my home. Because I was having the same area painted, it was decided to have the old carpet pulled early, have the painting done, and then put new carpet down. Excellent idea, and they accommodated my busy work schedule. A week after painting, they were back on a Saturday, arrived precisely when scheduled, and expertly and beautifully laid my new high-quality and gorgeous carpet. The crew was fast and efficient, and cleaned up everything afterward. I would highly recommend this company and will use them again on my next room project.

Description of Work
Interior carpeting- Living room, dining room, hallway, two sets of stairs

09/04/2014

Kathy B.

Description of Work
We were cost comparing flooring bids for installing hardwood in our family room. Another flooring estimate was for 255 sqft, the Carpet Company estimator measured the square footage at 325 sqft, quite a difference. The quote for labor was $1,000 more than the other estimate, the materials were, of course, higher. The estimator gave the impression that he felt the job was going to be too complicated and just seemed very disinterested in getting the job. He didn't listen to the specifics of what I wanted and the written estimate contained several "upsells". We went with another company.

08/31/2013

Marian S.

Worst company I have ever dealt with. They were supposed to install blemish free wood floors in my house. What I got was damaged furniture, a cut cable line and the electricity to half my house knocked out. The workers tried to hide the damage from me. The owner, Rob Grike, never finished the job and actually tried to blame me for the mess. He never took ownership of the issues but then sent this email to his co-workers but accidentally cc'd me, and quot;Mary, Michelle, Neal, and Neal Sr., This job was a colossal cluster !@#$%! Why I wasn't given the entire day I requested to fix this is beyond me but I'm humiliated by the end result. Mary send her a 3000.00 bill and back charge Jose Melgar for the balance, the Bill for the furniture repair, and the bill for Cory's labor today. Next time I have a repair in the morning someone better call me before putting anything on my afternoon. I sat around with my )(*and ^ in my hand for two hours in between details yesterday but couldn't get the time I requested to fix this project today. It is humiliating. I'm half venting and then I'm also half hoping that next time perhaps this won't happen. It was really pointless and should not have happened! Rob I guess the truth finally came out when he emailed his own company about the job in my house. They left the job unfinished and a pile of wood in my home. Do Not Use This Company!!!!

Description of Work
The Carpet Company was supposed to put down a light colored, blemish free wood floor in my home.

Category carpet installation

I'm very sorry that [Member name removed] isn't happy with her flooring! After 30 years as a professional in the business and over 16,000 customers (that is not a typo, 16000!) this is only the second negative review I have ever had. In the short time I spent with [Member name removed] it was apparent that she had a similar experience with every contractor she has ever used. Very coincidental. Her project did not go perfectly but when I found that [Member name removed] had spent what must have been hours crawling around on her flooring literally with her nose two inches from it placing hundreds of pieces of blue tape marking boards that had no apparent defect it was obvious this would not end well for anyone. Something is really wrong! Many of her complaints were about the natural characteristics found in wood which I cannot control. She didn't like the grain on some boards and didn't want to see any knots or mineral streaks. I'm sorry but grain in hardwood varies and natural hardwood has both knots and mineral streaks. She managed to find factory ends that were not 100% clean but again not within my control and could only have been noticed if you were literally inches from the floor. As far as the cable being cut, I was happy to pay for that. As far as the electricity in half her house being out, I sent an electrician out and fixed her very old faulty wiring. As far as her furniture, I spent hundreds to have her furniture professionally repaired. At one point she was happy with her repairs which only became an ongoing issue when I didn’t agree that I owed her a free floor. [Member name removed] told me that she would not pay her bill and in return would not post negative reviews all over the internet! After my lawyer contacted her she decided to post this review. Knowing she was unhappy and admitting that the job she received was not perfect and had several issues both within and not within my control, I offered to settle with her for far less then I had paid just for the materials. It was an extremely generous offer and any reasonable person would have been able to recognize that fact! I feel very sorry for [Member name removed]. I do have over 15,998 positive reviews I can provide for any potential customers!

12/14/2012

Rebecca T.

We met Rob for the first time during the inspection of the home we purchased. He visited us three times before we finally decided on the type of flooring, color and areas we wanted to change. He brought sample after sample, provided recommendations and really walked us through the process of choosing the right flooring for our new home. The products came in on a timely basis and they were very cooperative in scheduling the install around our schedule. We worked with two install teams and both demonstrated the utmost in professionalism, expertise and further advice in how to finish off various difficult spots in an older home. The hardwood team had to deal with a difficult transition where the former owners had closed in an outside space, but not leveled the floor. That process took two days and a great deal of patience on their part because it did delay their schedule quite a bit. With every bump in the process they were very open and kept us informed even replacing flooring they damaged before we noticed anything was amiss. I can't write enough about how well the team did, how well they communicated and how confident I felt as the process continued and how wonderful the end result is. Rob is a wonderful salesman and the team that follows onlly boosts the experience further.

Description of Work
The Carpet Co. removed all the old flooring on two floors of an approximately 2,000 square foot home. They installed engineered hardwood throughout the first floor on slab, hardwood on the landings, stairs and upper hallway and carpet in the bedrooms.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

11/18/2012

Jon S.

Estimator did not share his findings with me but did advise me of requirements of moving of items off of furniture and walls. I measured my rooms and steps and came up with a rough figure of 970 sqft and have a normal amount of furniture in each room. Their estimate came back with 1250 sqft and advised that I had excesive furniture. I felt that they pad their figures for additional profit and will not use them in the future.

Description of Work
This company came to my house at the time arranged and performed the measurement of all my rooms.

09/11/2012

Kathy Z.

We purchased our carpet from a Big Box Store, which used The Carpet Company for their installation. Now, having heard bad stories regarding carpet installation from the Box Stores, we were nervous at first. The Carpet Company crew showed up on time and did a fabulous job installing our beautiful Mowhawk Smartstrand carpeting. They were clean, professional, and were very thorough on answering any questions we had and were very prompt in their communications to us regarding install times/dates. We were extremely happy with the result and love our new carpet!

Description of Work
Purchase and install of new carpeting on entire 2nd floor of our home and stairway.

04/13/2012

atilla K.

They were very thorough and did a great job. The owner did not do the work but over saw it all. I got a really good sense that a good job was going to be done. They are just very nice people. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I used The Carpet Company to repair, sand and finish some hard wood floors and steps.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

09/09/2009

Jennifer K.

It was a great experience no complaints. In fact I have quite a few antiques and other heavy pieces of furniture that had to be moved during installation and everything was put back just as it was beforehand.

Description of Work
Removal of old carpet and installation of new carpet and laminate flooring. Samples were brought to my house, estimate was done quickly and work completed within a week.

Two Branches Hardwood Flooring

Give us a call or click to request a quote!

Prospect Hardwood Flooring

Prospect Hardwood Flooring specializes in Dustless refinishing and installing hardwood flooring and stairs. Our services include the installation of solid, engineered wood flooring and plank flooring, hardwood floor refinishing, custom stain colors, custom fabrication of stair treads, risers, nosing and reducers. We are a family-owned company with a complete chain of command for the responsibility of quality assurance to which we adhere. We personally oversee a job from start to finish. Customer satisfaction is our top priority.

CAPITOL FLOORING

Licensed Flooring Contractor. We have been working in the Northern Virginia Metropolitan area since 2000. No matter what you need, We deliver top-quality work at unbeatable prices. We have the know-how to tackle everything from the smallest of repairs to large-scale projects. No matter the size of the job. We always work hard to ensure our clients are completely satisfied with our work. Call to schedule an initial "FREE" consultation today.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available