Warren Electrical Services

Founded 2003 • With Angi since May 2006

517 Wittington Dr.

Chesapeake, VA 23322

Jeff Warren & Son Electrical Services Inc. is a full service electrical contractor for residential, commercial, & Industrial upgrades & repairs of existing electrical systems. Cost is determined by the job. We run our business by the Boy Scout Law and we will never forget that your satisfaction in

06/13/2021

Samantha H.

Great! Jeff came by to give me an estimate and fixed the outlet while he was there so I could wash clothes. With the installation of the bath light, Jeff and his colleague were on time, efficient and professional. The work they did was clean and well thought out. I was very pleased and would both use them again and recommend Warren Electrical to friends.

Description of Work
installation of overhead bath light, and outlet repair

01/29/2021

Keyen M.

They were able to quickly find the issue and fix it, and we're very good about communicating what they were doing while they were working. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Fixed A Bad Circuit

10/27/2020

Susan S.

Replaced old sub panel with new breaker type panel.

Description of Work
Work estimate was completed with in days of request. Work was completed very professionally and I am pleased with final product. Workers showed up as scheduled cleaned up after themselves. Tested and marked everything. Inspector came by a few days later and passed the job with no problems. I would highly recommend Warren Electric .

09/30/2020

Sheree S.

Mr Warren arrived on time. Was very professional and personable. Removed and installed lights with no incident. I am very satisfied with the outcome: and will gladly refer them to family and friends.

Description of Work
Installation of lights

Category lighting

09/14/2020

Eitown V.

He fixed the original issue with the breaker but he also noticed that there had been a short in the electrical panel that could have caused a fire and the whole thing had to be replaced. He did it all in about a 7 hours and it was reasonably priced. He is highly recommended!

Description of Work
service call to determine the washing machine breaker tripping. we found that the main service lig was burned up. we returned to replace the panel.

07/29/2020

David P.

Good. Inspectors pulled a fast one on some new rules that were not uniformly timed, but they came back and met the questionable code changes anyway. Fast, friendly and good. They were also the only 1 of 3 companies to return my request within 1 day. The others either didn't respond or took 3-5 days to ask about my electrical work needs.

Description of Work
Pool Electrical work

06/18/2019

robert S.

Service was quick and efficient. The team members who came were friendly and professional and got our electric back in a matter of 6-8 hours and didn’t quit until power was back on. I would recommend their service to anyone looking for quality and trust worthy services which are hard to find!

Description of Work
New meter base.

Category electrician

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the review and kind words.

03/24/2019

Pam E.

We have used Warren Electrical Services for years and have always been pleased. They are always on time, professional and knowledgeable. Mr. Warren and his team have recently upgraded old wiring in our farmhouse and installed new lighting in a new addition on our farm. I highly recommend Warren Electrical Services!

Description of Work
Updated service

03/22/2019

Sara M.

The electricians were professional and very knowledgeable. They were able to answer my questions, and helped me choose the correct options for my electrical needs. I've had them come out a couple of times to do lighting and outlet installation, and I would definitely choose them again if I have any further needs.

Description of Work
New lighting, outlets, ceiling fans

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

11/21/2017

3590 Kentucky Trail S.

area was checked and elect returned. Note: He was the only person I could get to come out that day to clear the red tag. Other companies said it would be a few days before they could come out to help.

Description of Work
grease fire on stove, fire department red tagged, needed stove area checked and red tag removed.

11/08/2017

Lisa S.

Checked Angie's List for an electrician. Mr. Warren had good reviews so I called him to check our rental house. I appreciated his professionalism on the phone and the promptness with the invoice. Services were done correctly. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Lightning strike caused damage / flickering lights. Dominion Power repaired post but wanted to be sure house was safe.

05/31/2017

george L.

I haven't checked it since then because I don't have the right tools to double verify it and I'm still afraid to touch it. They said they analyzed it and checked it. It took about an hour and a half. I thought the price was high. They responded to what the problem was. They were on time. I'd rather not give a grade on quality because I'm not sure if it's completely fixed or not. They were pretty professional. They seem kind of pricey but I would use them again. There were 2 people: the main guy and somebody he was training. They didn't leave a mess.

Description of Work
I was getting an electrical impulse from my shower head and they fixed it.

01/18/2017

Rashad W.

They were great. The price was reasonable. The work they did was top-notch. It was excellent. It took them less than a day to install the fans. There were three people. It was a good quality service. They left the work area very clean. They did the installation really well.

Description of Work
I have used Warren for the installation of two attic fans.

Category ceiling fans

10/10/2016

Ralph G.

Excellent. Quick response to my initial e-mail via Angies. They ordered parts and came out within the week, ahead of the hurricane, to permit me to make use of my generator if necessary. Recommend Warren Electric to others.

Description of Work
Install a generator interlock and a generator outlet box.

08/29/2016

DK R.

I had a bathroom exhaust fan go out in my rental home. I called Jeff and his team came out within a few days and completed the replacement and optest quickly and efficiently with no issues. I will definitely be using them in the future for all electrical repairs and installation. As a homeowner stationed out of state, finding great contractors is a must and I rely on Angie's List for everything. Jeff and his team were some of the best I've come across and an A+ in my book.

Description of Work
Bathroom fan stopped working.

08/08/2016

Peter W.

Excellent work. Joe and Wade arrived very quickly and were able to route the new wiring around the framing and plumbing complexities of my older house. I was very happy with the price quoted and their work. I have had Warren Electrical Services do work for me in the past and they always did quality work.

Description of Work
Add an electrical outlet for a refrigerator.

07/31/2016

John D.

Reached out to Warren Electrical and they quickly responded and indicated that they had an electrician in the area and would be able to come by the same day. They quickly diagnosed the problem and fixed it before the security installer was finished.

Description of Work
Unexpectedly needed to have a doorbell repaired in order to support some security equipment that was being installed.

07/24/2016

Ray & Heather N.

Problem #1 Beautiful installation, no problems. Problem #2 They told my wife the switch in the wall was bad, and she understood that they changed out the box, and put the fan back up, and had to re-connect some wires that had been severed within the fan when it was taken down by a friend. I did not see a new box accounted for in the invoice, so I am not 100% sure what the actual problem was in this bedroom, but it is fixed. Problem #3. They put a cover over the outlet, but said to truly fix the problem would take wiring it directly to the breaker. They also looked at an exterior box in the back of the house, and changed it out. Problem #4. They could not replicate my problem, so no work was necessary. Jeff was very responsive to my initial call, and we talked about the job 2x before his guys came out. He was able to get his guys to my house within a week, which was much faster than anyone else I called. One other Angie's List A rated electrician called back, and said he would do the job for between $300-$350 based on what I described, but could not get out for three weeks. When I called Jeff back and told him of this other bid he said his estimate of $400-$480 was firm. My wife was at home when Jeff's two guys came out, and the positive of our experience is she said they were profesisonal and did a good job of listening. My primary frustration from this job is they were at the house for about 2 hours and 15 minutes, so subtracting their costs (one exterior box, a cover for the exterior box, and a box and a brace for the new fan according to the invoice) I didn't get any discount from the initial quote, for what Jeff estimated would be a 3-4 hour job. Nor did I get the 5% discount for Angie's List members. Will they do good work? Yes. The fan installation, and repair were excellent. Will not be a downward adjustment from the estimate if they get the job done more quickly? No.

Description of Work
I had four small projects to be completed around the house: 1. Ceiling fan installed in a bed room 2. Ceiling fan that had stopped working in another bed room, and according to the volt meter was fine at the switch in the wall, but not receiving power at the fan, so there was a problem in the attic 3. An exterior box kept tripping the GFCI (little button in the middle of the outlet) where my internet was connected in the garage during heavy rain storms 4. An exterior light on my garage was not working.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

04/21/2016

Tiffiny T.

Very responsive to email. Quoted within 2 days. Scheduled a week later. They were supposed to arrive between 830-930 AM and arrived at 9 AM. Took a little less than 2 hours. Answered other questions I had about other potential work. They guided me through the basics of dryer electrical and answered all my questions. Very helpful, friendly, and did good work at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Phone/email estimate. Moved dryer electrical and vent to another wall to be utilized for a stackable unit.

11/03/2015

Cathleen C.

I'm very impressed with Mr. Warren's expertise and professionalism. He arrived, with an assistant, in a timely manner and performed the work thoroughly and quickly. The surge protector suggestion was appreciated since I have had previous problems with this thermostat.

Description of Work
Installed new thermostat for radiant floor. Since I had had problems before, he suggested a surge protector.

02/17/2015

Eileen W.

After getting an estimate that I approved I was told the electricians would be at my house at 9. They were very punctual. The work was performed quickly and without a lot of mess. They cleaned up after themselves. One of the men told me I had some rotten wood near the roof, which is not visible from the street. He even showed me a picture he had taken assuming I would not be able to climb a 10' ladder. He suggested I get it fixed quickly before some animal decided to nest in the attic. I was grateful for the info.

Description of Work
Installed a flood light outside that comes on at dusk and off at dawn. also installed an outlet in the hall

Category electrician, lighting

02/13/2015

Pam E.

The job was completed as described in a very professional manner.

Description of Work
Run wiring for new light fixture/ceiling fan and install ceiling fan, install several outlets and switches.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

01/07/2015

Rita D.

When speaking to Jeff Warren and advised him of the problem, which was my stove while cooking on it Sunday evening I heard something pop behind the stove and seen a spark and my stove stop working. Then Jeff preceded to ask where I live, which was off 58 in Suffolk (his service states they cover Suffolk), yet when I told him where the location was he gave me the impression he didn't want to drive out to this location and then stated the amount listed was just for a service call and doesn't cover parts, labor, etc. Listening to him gave me the impression he didn't want to service me or the area I was in at all and felt with all the other charge's he mention that would be tacked on, then I felt he was just trying to weasel his way out of this service call altogether. Not a great experience with his Company, nor was it a great customer service speaking with him personally over the phone and neither with his new secretary! A Company needs to know that your customer service is that first contact or impression you make when speak to a customer whether it's over the phone or in person. That makes all the difference on a person's first impression when you are trying to win over a customer for business! My first impression wasn't good at all and would not recommend dealing with this merchant again! P.S. I don't like how Angie's list is quick to charge for upfront for work that hasn't even been done yet with merchant. Then when you contact Angie's List and speak to their Customer Service Representative I requested a full refund and they are telling me it can take up to 7-10 business days for the credit to appear back on my account. This is unacceptable! Being that I work for a Bank Credit Division for over 22 years. I explained to the Representative (conservation was being recorded) on how they can contact the merchant (Warren Electrical Services) and have them contact my Bank to have the pending charge reversed that same day. if the merchant doesn't know how to process a reversal on a charge, they can contact their merchant Bank (1-800# listed on their terminal or what ever machine was used for processing my debit card payment. The merchant bank will then explained to the merchant on what all information they would need to have the charged reversed that same day! However, talking with the Angie's List Representative I didn't quite get that vibe he wanted to listen to what I had to say!

Category electrician

Mrs. [member name removed], I cannot express my frustration with Angie's List enough. We fully understand and appreciate your frustration. Per our phone conversation, you declined our services after we had explained that the service you had purchased was for only a "Diagnostic Service Call" and not an actual repair for your range. We explained that we don't typically work on the appliance itself and that we may be able to fix it but that repairs and labor would be additional. Mrs. [member name removed], you chose to cancel the service call. Later that day you called our office demanding a refund on your credit card. You never gave that number to us. We didn't run your card. You then demanded that we call your bank and request the charge not go through. How can we do that when you gave the card number to Angie's List and not us. We called Angie's List and informed them that you chose to cancel the Service Call and that they needed to fix the credit card transaction. Our rep never answered the phone. Again, we understand your frustration. We feel that its not fair that you are angry with us when it was out of our hands. We are sorry you were under the impression that we would fix your range for the amount you paid, when what you purchased was only a (diagnostic service call).We have since called Angie's List and requested they remove us from that part of their advertising program.

11/21/2014

Grace A.

Jeff and his team are always punctual, professional, friendly, but more important...competent. This latest job was a small one in my rental property, testing and replacing GFCI in my garage, bathroom and outside outlets. Jeff has also provided re-wiring to allow installation of a large, flat panel HD television that lies flush with the wall, upgraded switch boxes, installed ceiling fans, ceiling light fixtures, can lights and bath exhaust fans, relocation of switches and many other services. Warren Electrical is the best!

Description of Work
Jeff Warren and Warren Electrical Services are absolutely outstanding. Jeff has been doing electrical work for our family home was well as a rental property we own since 2009. I have worked with many contractors and have been disappointed with most, but Warren Electrical is a keeper. I rely on Jeff for all our electrical needs, big and small. I have used his expertise multiple times over the past five years, charging up over $4,000 worth of services, and I will keep calling on him and keep paying him.

Category electrician, lighting, home theater design, ceiling fans

11/14/2014

Sherry S.

I used them a couple of times. They’re absolutely excellent. The cost was reasonable. He was punctual. He knew exactly what was wrong. He came and fixed it. There’s a lot of quality control here, which you don’t find in many places anymore. Everything was just great. He’s very polite. He was just good. He has the highest certifications. He’s the only one I would use.

Description of Work
I used Warren Electrical Services. They installed a storage protector and replaced the outlets on the deck.