Custom Design Tile

Founded 1986 • With Angi since May 2010

General Remodeling

PO Box 758

Annandale, VA 22003

We offer estimates and quotes using video calling

Custom Design Tile is a full scale kitchen and bathroom remodeling company that builds from a basis of quality, doing it the right way, high standards of customer service, showing up on time, and staying to finish the job. Custom Design Tile has never missed a promised completion date. You will become aware of a sense of wholesomeness and integrity from your first meeting because Custom Design Tile instills quality standards into all the aspects and elements of this proven, thirty-year-old business. Custom Design Tile’s expertise in home renovation is extensive. Brian has bought, renovated and sold Twenty of his own homes....

tile installation (133)home remodeling (88)flooring (42)countertop installation (27)plumbers (25)lighting (25)drywall (24)interior painting (21)marble & granite (21)bathtub refinishing (7)cabinet makers (6)plastering (4)

11/11/2021

From start to finish this job was professionally managed, communicated, and worked by Mike Brennan and Jack Loffredo. Both Mike and Jack were very clear in the process, how phases worked for the project, and let me know immediately of any issues that could throw a monkey wrench in completion. This company is professional and very good at their jobs, but more than anything else, is very good at keeping a customer in the communications loop on a project, which for me started in July when I first contacted Custom Design Tile for a potential job. I would hire them tomorrow for more work. By my process to get this project done, I found several tile companies that did not set the same standard of work and customer service as Custom Design Tile. I am very happy with the project and the process. A bonus is both Mike and Jack are Hokies, just like me. Thanks very much for caring so much about your work gentleman.

Description of Work
Remodel of basement bathroom.

Category bathtub refinishing,ceramic tile,home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/11/2021

Thanks for the review! It was a pleasure working with you!

09/14/2021

Excellent! The bathroom looks great. Mike and his team committed to a two and a half week project and finished in the quoted timeframe. I appreciated the time, patience and advice from Mike on choosing the right cabinet and tile. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 08/31/2021

08/24/2021

Look no farther...Custom Design Tile is the perfect company to remodel your bathroom! We contacted Mike to remodel our master bathroom in March 2021. Mike gave us a fair quote with detailed allowances in a few days after visiting our home. However, after the completion of our master bathroom; I can say it was totally worth every penny! Mike took us shopping for a day (about 6 hrs.) to many great companies including Mosaic Tile, Ferugson and VA Marble & Granite... to name a few. Throughout the shopping day, designers of various companies and Mike guided us through the selection. Just a hint before the shopping day, try to have a few pictures of design concept goals for your bathroom. I love that we had a lot of say on our design of our bathroom concept, and not being ran over by only designers' selections. Our master bathroom was a complete gut job. We removed all the builder grade tile shower, shower plastic pan, soaking Roman tub, toilet, vanity, large flat mirror, recessed in medicine cabinets and floor tiles. We did have some water damage from previous aged shower pan; so be open that some unexpected expenses will occur with things that is underling below the old tiles. CDT uses Schluter System Kerdi waterproofing material as the shower membrane; we are very confident in their choice of material and detailed work to our new shower. The duration of our remodel was about 6 weeks, with no work on weekends (which we liked that they don't work on weekends) and rotations due to other project(s). The CDT team of tile guy, electricians, plumbers and painters were supervised by project manager Jack, are highly skilled and respectful to our property. They placed floor covering as their walkway from main entrance to bathroom to protect our flooring. The team scheduled to work on a task that day arrived around 8-9am and leave about 2:30-3:30pm. On almost every day, we got an email from Jack with respect to a check list on task(s) that was performed that day; and the expected task(s) to be done on the following day. Jack is very reliable, and totally on top on daily communication with us. Jack and Mike are always responsive to my emails throughout the project. So easy to communicate with them. They are true professionals, with quality of service is totally top notch! I cannot say more than enough of our new completed master bathroom. We got a beautiful shower glass door, tiled shower floor, new plumbing shower system, free standing soaking tub, stunning porcelain slate tile flooring, custom vanity with quartz countertop, toilet, new arranged recess lighting, exhaust fan..etc. We absolutely love Custom Design Tile, so much that we are already planning with Mike on the next project, our guest full bathroom which will beginning hopefully by late autumn.

Description of Work
Remodel Master Bathroom

Work Completed On 08/24/2021

Review for Custom Design Tile - PO Box 758, Annandale, VA - 39451268

Thank you!!

08/23/2021

Best experience I’ve had with any home renovation project. Mike and his team did a superb job completing a partial bathroom renovation and retiling of my fireplace. Their tile work is impeccable, and I appreciated the crew’s attention to detail on every facet of the project. Mike did a superb job of communicating each step of the project with me, and the entire process was seamless and transparent. The end result is fabulous, and I couldn’t be happier. I will definitely hire Custom Design Tile again.

Description of Work
Bathroom Renovation and Fireplace Retiling

Category ceramic tile,drywall,flooring contractor,plumbing,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 08/11/2021

07/09/2021

Custom Design Tile has done a fantastic job building our basement bathroom. Brian was a very clear communicator. Throughout the process, he kept us updated and we know exactly what's going to happen and what to expect. The subcontractors they hired were all very professional and had very high quality work. We are very happy with the new bathroom and will definitely hire them again in the future.

Description of Work
Build Basement Bathroom

Category ceramic tile,drywall,plumbing,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 06/25/2021

06/17/2021

I've hired contractors for similar projects at multiple houses, and I have to say that this was probably the best experience I've ever had. The responsiveness and customer service were great, and the quality of work was outstanding. They kept me informed during the entire 3-4 week project and always answered my questions in a timely fashion. There were a couple unanticipated hiccups, and they were so patient, flexible, and helpful. They were also extra careful to keep messes at a minimum, which is completely different from a lot of other contractors I've worked with. I was kicked out (or rather self-exiled from) my bedroom the entire time because it looked like a scene from ET with plastic sheets everywhere from floor to ceiling, but it was worth it! I especially appreciated how polite and respectful they were. If I didn't understand something, they explained it to me in an informative yet polite way, like I was a human being or something. Never once did they mansplain, speak to me condescendingly, or automatically ask to speak to my husband, which unfortunately happens to me a lot as a female. Major kudos to Mike, Jack, and their crew for making my place look perfect!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodeling and other work

Category bathtub refinishing,ceramic tile,drywall,flooring contractor,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 06/17/2021

02/25/2021

Mike the owner at CDT was great. He gave an accurate and detailed quote, in line with pricing from other quotes we got. Had to wait in the queue to get work started, which also is in line with other contractors. Everyone is super busy these days. Mike came with us to pick out tiles, something we were unsure about and didn't have grand ideas in advance. He helped us make good choices for us that really looked great once installed. The team that did the demo, tile and plumbing work (Jose and Julio, with decades of experience) paid attention to details and left the workspace neat and clean when they left each evening. Mike came by almost daily to check the progress and answer questions. The main team was courteous and wore masks at all times in our home. Once the main work was done, Mike had a great painter/drywall guy come in and make the whole thing look pristine and an experienced electrician install recessed lighting and update some outdated wiring the previous owner had done that was a potential hazard. All-around good work and felt Mike (and his dad) were honest and direct. The couple of minor issues we ran into were dealt with correctly and transparently. Pricing was in line with the competition. We selected CDT because other reviews praised how they shepherded the entire project and managed all the moving parts seamlessly. We were not disappointed.

Description of Work
Bath Remodeling

Work Completed On 01/11/2021

Review for Custom Design Tile - PO Box 758, Annandale, VA - 39250060

Thanks! Great working with you!

12/05/2020

CDT was responsive throughout the four month process. I appreciated Mike's attention to detail and communication on all aspects of the projects. These qualities alone, along with a fair DMV price, made CDT worth the wait.

Description of Work
bathroom remodel

Category bathtub refinishing,home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/04/2020

10/23/2020

I had an appointment with Brian from 1-2pm. I followed up with him at 1:42pm and he was leaving Great Falls and said he would be at my place in Arlington in 20-25 minutes. He seemed to be running late so I pushed my 2:00pm appointment to 3:00pm. I called at 2:17pm and didn't get an answer. I called again at 2:25pm and he said he was 5 minutes away. At 2:35pm I called and asked if this is how he did projects (late, no communication). He knew I had 3:00 appointment but never called to say he was running very late. I have no idea about the quality of his work because we never got that far. I just think he was inconsiderate so I wouldn't recommend him.

Description of Work
Kitchen Tile & Floors

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 10/23/2020

[Member Name Removed] you are right we did have an appointment scheduled with a window from 1-2 pm for my arrival. You did call me at 1:45 pm to find out why I hadn’t showed up at 1 pm that you had scheduled another appointment for 2 pm. I did remind you that I gave you a window from 1-2 and offered to come after the other appointment. I explained I lived only 5 min away and gave you the option to call me when your other appointment for 2 pm was finished. I did tell you I thought I could get to you within 25 min from my current location and you decided to push your other appointment back. It did take me longer than I anticipated and was distracted by other phone calls on the way over to you. You are right, it was inconsiderate of me not to let you know as I was on my way over that it was taking longer then expected and I’m am truly sorry! I wish you the best of luck with your project, Brian

08/22/2020

CDT did an excellent job. They returned our call within a day to give us an estimate. The actual project turned out to be a bit less than the estimate. When we went to pick out the tile everything was ready for us and Mike from CDT was at the store and guided us through the process. It took CDT four days to take up the old floor and install the new floor and backsplash. Mike and his team were professional, punctual and very neat. We are thrilled with our new floor and backsplash, would definitely use CDT again!

Description of Work
CDT installed a new floor and backsplash in our kitchen.

Category bathtub refinishing,ceramic tile,home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/21/2020

Thanks!

Bathroom Remodeling, Kitchen Remodeling, Tile Foyers, Kitchen Floors & Back Splashes, Bathroom Floor & Walls, Tile Basement Floors, Finish Basements, Schluter shower systems, heated floor, Ditra system