Dallas Curb Appeal Inc

Founded 2007 • With Angi since May 2009

PO Box 450602

Garland, TX 75044

Irrigation Licenses (Required)--- Irrigator LI0016405, Backflow Inspector BP0011273, Certified Landscape Water Auditor--- Hardscape and Stonework Certified; Interlocking concrete paver Institue(ICPI): Pavers and Patios, National Concrete and Masonary Assocoation(NCMA): Retaining walls--- Member DIA TNLA DCMG CF Angies list member discount 5% More information on website. www.dallascurbappeal.com Please call for details 214-257-8155...

02/22/2017

Russell B.

This team did an amazing job and I am very happy with the work they did. All of the workers were very professional and the work completed on my system is exactly as I envisioned it. I no longer need soaker hoses to keep my foundation moist. Now my sprinkler system and under ground drip lines for the foundation can all be centrally controlled from my Rachio controller, which I can control remotely using the app on my smart phone.

Description of Work
Bury drip lines (5 new zones) around the perimeter of the foundation of my house, lower the grade of dirt near my house to expose the foundation below the brick line (for termite detection), repair broken sprinkler system parts, install Rachio controller (that I purchased).

Category landscaping,irrigation systems

11/29/2016

Robert R.

Within 2 years the brain that runs the system went bad and they came out and brought me another one. Around a year later one of the lines went out and my yard flooded out to the street which and they resolved that issue. Now the system is out again, I tried contacting them the entire summer and no one would return my calls. Today I finally got in touch with someone from the company and the gentleman was quite abrasive. Worst customer service ever! I made a mistake by hiring them. They are not professional and don't answer their phones or return calls even when I emailed requesting a follow up.

Description of Work
Roughly 4 years ago they installed my sprinkler system.

Category irrigation systems

There's a lot left out of this account. Firstly, this customer was very happy with the work that was done. When the controller went out we happily replaced it. One day we were working at the neighbor's house across the street. The workers parked on his side of the street and muddied the sidewalk in front of his house, which they hosed off. He was not happy with the clean off and wanted it power washed, which we agreed to and would have done at the end of the job when we washed the neighbors. The entire street was muddy from recent [Member Name Removed] and a house that was going through heavy renovations. Of course he blamed us for the entire neighborhood being dirty. Apparently a few days was too long to wait and what happened next was inexcusable. #1 he accused everyone including Gino and Myself of being illegal [Redacted], which isn't true, he accused 2 of the guys of belonging to gangs, another for marrying an american just for papers, he berated me for being [Redacted] and said all sorts of other nasty, hateful, racist comments that I do not want to repeat. He also left a message on my phone about having a gun and let me know that if anyone stepped onto his property he would use it. Fast forward to the date of his inquiry. I ask you, If a customer who is past his warranty, and has already threatened violence on top of all the nastiness, asks you for the courtesy of a repair; would you go?

07/20/2016

Tisha B.

*This is where it gets difficult to get in touch with Dallas Curb Appeal. Only half my project was complete. It took about 2 weeks and an email with “SECOND REQUEST” in the subject to get a response from them.* *However, once my project was scheduled, there was no problem. They did send me a revised invoice on the day of the project. The quality of work was excellent. It took one day to install my grass.* *Their employees are professional and courteous. I appreciate their hard work.*

Description of Work
*This was a multiple phase project to re-landscape my front yard. I moved into the house the year before. The yard had not been maintained because the house had not been occupied. There wasn’t much grass and there were a LOT of grassy weeds. I spent most of the first year saving money and killing weeds. So I was anxious to start this project.* *I chose the season of Fall to contact landscapers to get estimates andphotgraphs of what my new yard would look like. I figured that the landscaping business would slow down in the Fall / Winter. And I’d be more likely to get a response from landscapers. I chose Dallas Curb Appeal because they seemed very knowledgeable and willing to help educate a first time home owner.* *Despite being eager to re-landscape my yard, I chose to install the plants when they were in season. I don’t have a green thumb and I wanted to give my grass and plants the best chance for survival. The second phase of the project was to install my grass. This included an evaluation of my sprinklers to ensure my newly installed sod gets adequate water.*

03/14/2016

Ben D.

They were very responsive. I got 3 quotes. They were the lowest (by a little) and able to start the soonest. When rain entered the forecast, they called to see if they could start the Saturday before we were scheduled. The yard looks so much better now.

Description of Work
Installed irrigation system and new sod in our back yard.

01/03/2016

rosana G.

Extremely difficult to contact; they don't return calls or emails promptly or even at all sometimes. The estimate I finally received by email was not for the services we agreed I needed. I tried to contact them again to straighten that problem out and got no response. I need the work done but they are too disorganized and irresponsible. They clearly cannot be trusted to get the job done.

Description of Work
Estimate for drainage. It was to be followed by fencing and landscaping.

Category fencing,landscaping

Yes, this customer is correct. We were not able to give her job the attention she needed ad we sincerely apologize. There were some extenuating circumstances. I first met with her and we spoke about her needs. She was supposed to send me her survey for me to draw out her project for pricing. At that time I had warned her that we were preparing to be very busy and would be booked for months with the coming season and that she needed to get it to me very quickly. It took her about 8 weeks to get back to me and by that time we were slammed with more work than usual and we could not get to her job. We are a small business and just did not have the resources at that time to accommodate her job.

12/27/2015

Richard G.

Removed old shrubs. Designed and planted new shrubs. St Augistine sod. Upgraded sprinkler system.

Description of Work
Complete yard do-over

Category landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems

10/30/2015

Theresa D.

Dallas curb appeal created a beautiful stone patio and an irrigation system for my mother a few years back. They did a great job, so we hired them for our big job. We had a vision for what we wanted our backyard to be, and they brought it to life. Our deck is perfect, and so is the pergola. Everyone who comes over is amazed at how we added so much value to the property. We now live outside so much more that we did. We had a lot of issues with our yard - it's a large area, but had a big incline. Geno worked with us multiple times trying to come up with the best way to design the fence. Turned out great.

Description of Work
Put up a fence, built a deck and pergola, also installed an in-ground trampoline and sodded the backyard.

Category fencing,landscaping,irrigation systems,pavers, gravel,hardscaping,patios

06/15/2015

Denise K.

Maria came out and email an estimate. We had 3 estimates and this one was in the middle. We chose Dallas Curb Appeal because of all of the positive feedback here on Angie's List. Crew arrived on time, Geno touched base with us about what areas we wanted done. They wasted no time tilling up the old grass and soil. New sod was laid down quickly and watered immediately. JC was here to check the sprinkler heads to ensure proper irrigation. Many of our sprinkler heads were changed out by JC. We were very happy with the work the crew did, they even came back the next day to fill in a few more areas with extra sod. JC remembered to change out a couple of sprinkler heads that he didn't have parts for the previous day. Thank you Dallas Curb Appeal!

Description of Work
Install St Augustine sod in front yard

Category landscaping,mulch

05/22/2015

Phillip A.

It was a struggle to get the grass (Zeon Zoysia) since this spring (2015) has been so wet and the supplier was unable to cut the sod for delivery. Maria in their front office kept me informed and up to date on the schedule. The team arrived and cleared the area for installation. They did the proper prep of the area which included clearing what was left of the grass/weeds and a light roto-till. They then moved on to another job since the sod had not arrived yet. The sod arrived and they returned after lunch (and another rain shower) to complete the installation. The crew cleaned up the site well and all the sprinkler heads were checked to make sure they popped correctly and that the coverage was correct. The price was very competitive, especially considering the proper prep of the area. I would definitely use Dallas Curb Appeal again for other landscape projects.

Description of Work
Installed 900 sq feet of Zoysia Zeon sod.

Category landscaping,irrigation systems

04/04/2015

Dena F.

It went excellent! They were very responsive from the start and Maria impressed was far more impressive than the other people we got quotes from. She was easy to work with and gave us a neat 3D rendering of different designs. Her husband met us at a plant nursery to show us different plants and answer questions. I highly recommend them! We have been getting so many compliments of our new landscape!

Description of Work
They did landscaping design and installation in the front of our house.

Earth Kind Services

Organic Lawn Top Dressing & Organic Lawn Fertilization. I started this company to offer an organic, safe lawn application that really gets results. Using our specialized spreaders we spread wonderful rich compost to build your soil in your lawn and landscape. Compost improves the structure and texture of the soil enabling it to better retain nutrients, moisture, and air for the stronger, healthier plants. This organic matter feeds the soil microbes that are vital for good diverse soil environment. Compost helps to control diseases and insects that might otherwise overrun a more sterile soil lacking natural checks against their spread. Compost can save lots of money too - reducing costs of replacing sod and plants, use less water, reduce cost of herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers. Results may vary due to turf and soil conditions. Most people see their turf thicken & bare spots fill in. It usually take a few weeks to begin to see results. Gradually compaction lessens and the soil may even feel softer. Watering needs should go down 30%. When we seed at the same time as top dressing we usually have a good stand of grass in 3 weeks. See our videos on Youtube as well. Website: https://www.earthkindservices.com

CW Floors & Lighting

DUE TO MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY, WE ONLY INSTALL AND REPAIR FLOORING PURCHASED THROUGH OUR COMPANY. CW Floors & Lighting is a retail store with locations in both Rockwall and San Antonio. Both stores feature beautiful showrooms with a huge selection of carpet, hardwood flooring, several different types of tile, laminate, vinyl, luxury vinyl tile and plank, stone flooring and lighting Rockwall showroom hours: 10-5 M-Fri, Sat by appt only. Call (972) 771-1975 for more details. San Antonio showroom hours: 9-6 M-Fri, 9-4 Saturday. Call (210) 349-1170 for more details

Offers by CW Floors & Lighting on Angi
    American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, Check

We design and install the following services for Commercial and residential customers. Landscaping, Low voltage Lighting, Sprinklers, Hardscapes, Stonework, Synthetic Turf, Drip Irrigation, Water Features, Holiday lighting, Sod Installs and Seasonal Color,

Weekly maintenance